|Posted - 2011.06.22 20:24:00 -
I felt I should start another thread so my suggestions don't get buried among others. Plus, ~my post count~
1) Please air/allow some of the radio programs to commentate on the preliminary (5-man) matches. I understand the desire from CCP to present the alliance tournament in the most polished and presentable fashion that they can. However, this tournament isn't about being a super-cool polished product. Its about the fights and the pilots/alliances that are willing to step forward and participate. Part of that is the 5-man qualifiers. I can definitely say that some of the 5-man videos that were posted were a lot more interesting than some of the 10-man matches later on in the week. To deny the pilots who participate the fun of being streamed and commented on in the preliminaries isn't a fitting testament to the hard work and effort that many put into providing a colorful tournament as a whole. And plainly, I like seeing things explode.
This is a tournmanent about the violent explosions of internet spaceships after all. Not letting us see and experience every explosion and tear shed in sorrow takes away from the overall enjoyment of the tournament. I can say without difficulty that I paid less attention to this year's tournament than any of the others I've been here for in part because of the qualifiers not being broadcasted. Those cut-throat, make-or-break moments are what we want to watch.
2) Please, next year, diversify the commentator team. This year's team was, by far, the best I've seen in a while. However, I think one of the major successes of this team was the inclusion of MichaelBolton into the mix. The tendency has been to grab "ye olde players" or players from the major powerblocs in the game. Bolton came from a major powerbloc but was a much more "fresh" face from the player base. I'd like to see more of this. As well, I'd love to see members of wormhole PVP groups or major pirating/mercenary groups thrown into the mix. Adding a little more diversity in the backgrounds of the commentators will add a nice flavor to commentating, opinions on ships, and the in-studio discussions.
3) This year's discussions with the devs on live EVETV was incredibly informative and a great help for the playerbase in regards to understanding CCP's plans. Please continue this and perhaps even expand it a little further.
4) This has probably been stated enough, but please consider opening the field so that more alliances can participate (at least in the qualifying matches). We understand that this is a volunteer effort by many at CCP, but with the wide diversity of alliances present in the game the current system just simply doesn't allow enough people that desire to participate to do so.
5) Get CCP Soundwave a well-decorated throne and a gong to sound when a fight is about to commence. I am dead serious. At least the gong? Please?
As if it hasn't been said enough, thank you for your dedication and hard-work on this year's tourney!
Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER SO THAT I CAN HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD
Dead Skin Mask
|Posted - 2011.06.24 07:10:00 -
I think 5 is too few, while 10 is too many. 7+ would be appropriate.
Maybe tag-teaming from a pool of ten, during the match could be an option. Once a member gets taken out, another replaces him. Once a team has no members left in the pool they have lost the fight. 5 vs 5 could be appropriate. This could turn fights up side down by bringing a new ship to the field.