Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Lurtz
Lurtz

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.03.08 06:32:00 - [1]

I was looking through my stuff and noticed a few 0 run bps in my hanger and had a few thoughts...
If you read a bp it says "licensed runs remaining" how about being able to use unlicensed with a change every 20 minutes or so of getting caught, fined and print confiscated by authorities. Make a skill to adjust this.... as it is checked regularly, small common items would be easy, but ships, let alone t2 ships much harder.

on this same tangent my mind went to the long missing reverse engineering skill: how about say a 5% chance of making a 0 run (unlicensed) bp by taking apart (item lost) / level of rev. eng skill. so even max skill would only have a 25% chance of succeding, and would still be difficult to produce.

problems/arguements I see: No authority in 0.0 to enforce patents, hard to justify this, but maybe list manufacturer on item and make know knock-off manufaturered items unmarketable. This could also move some more people out to 0.0... the first person to reverse engineer a harvy isn't going to want the print taken first time they try to use it....

any thoughts.... keep the flames to a low burn

Lurtz
Lurtz
Caldari
Gunrunners and Gamblers

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.03.08 06:32:00 - [2]

I was looking through my stuff and noticed a few 0 run bps in my hanger and had a few thoughts...
If you read a bp it says "licensed runs remaining" how about being able to use unlicensed with a change every 20 minutes or so of getting caught, fined and print confiscated by authorities. Make a skill to adjust this.... as it is checked regularly, small common items would be easy, but ships, let alone t2 ships much harder.

on this same tangent my mind went to the long missing reverse engineering skill: how about say a 5% chance of making a 0 run (unlicensed) bp by taking apart (item lost) / level of rev. eng skill. so even max skill would only have a 25% chance of succeding, and would still be difficult to produce.

problems/arguements I see: No authority in 0.0 to enforce patents, hard to justify this, but maybe list manufacturer on item and make know knock-off manufaturered items unmarketable. This could also move some more people out to 0.0... the first person to reverse engineer a harvy isn't going to want the print taken first time they try to use it....

any thoughts.... keep the flames to a low burn

Lurtz
Lurtz

Posted - 2005.03.19 04:03:00 - [3]

33 reads no comments.... i'm hurt

Lurtz
Lurtz
Caldari
Gunrunners and Gamblers

Posted - 2005.03.19 04:03:00 - [4]

33 reads no comments.... i'm hurt

Zaldiri
Zaldiri

Posted - 2005.03.19 13:01:00 - [5]

meh....

Seriously, I think the reason you have had so few replies is people can't predict how this would affect the game and so cant have any valid opinions on the issue and therfore do not post.

Rise of Valhalla is now recruiting. We are looking for players of any level of experience. Please contact me or SSJ2VEGETA
Zaldiri
Zaldiri
Caldari
Automated Industries

Posted - 2005.03.19 13:01:00 - [6]

meh....

Seriously, I think the reason you have had so few replies is people can't predict how this would affect the game and so cant have any valid opinions on the issue and therfore do not post.

-----------------------------------------------
Admiral of King Frieza's Super Saiyan fleet.
Marzaris Onbarny
Marzaris Onbarny

Posted - 2007.08.05 19:29:00 - [7]

changing the way items are brought into the game is playing god. IT is the largest factor in balance, once in its hard to get them out. You may not see th potential downfalls for your ideas, and to be honest some things don't need to be considered. Do we really need what you suggest? does it add some fundamentally change to the way the game is played? or just add a different kind of grind, or a little more role playing flavor?

I dont see getting some extra runs off a bpc as a change in game play.
Ellaine TashMurkon
Ellaine TashMurkon
MetaForge
Ekliptika

Posted - 2007.08.05 23:23:00 - [8]

Tons of people live in 0.0 where there is no authorities and laws beyond players and having COCORD confiscate my BPC would be silly.
I assume that runs on BPC etc, are forced by some advanced encryption methods and/or data storage based on quantum indeterminate.
Reggie Stoneloader
Reggie Stoneloader
Teikoku Trade Conglomerate

Posted - 2007.08.06 04:13:00 - [9]

Or just eliminate the notion of finite-tun BPs and have the patent-holding corps charge a licencing fee per run that the BP is used, adjustable by standings, so if you've got wicked low standings with the Caldari faction, they suspend your authorization to build Scorpions, but if you've got +10 standings, they let you do it for free.

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240425/0649
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.