Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Tiber Dunkley
Tiber Dunkley

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.03 14:59:00 - [1]

Hi guys i would like some advice on outfitting my Probe ship for maximum speed and damage.I need to know which weapons to use in my 2 main hardpoints and which skills and sheilds etc to use.
Tiber Dunkley
Tiber Dunkley

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.03 14:59:00 - [2]

Hi guys i would like some advice on outfitting my Probe ship for maximum speed and damage.I need to know which weapons to use in my 2 main hardpoints and which skills and sheilds etc to use.
vf142rex
vf142rex

Posted - 2003.07.03 20:55:00 - [3]

Equip with 2 mining laser 1's and 2 cargo expanders. Then mine until you have enough isk for a rifter. Then come back and ask again :)
vf142rex
vf142rex
Minmatar

Posted - 2003.07.03 20:55:00 - [4]

Equip with 2 mining laser 1's and 2 cargo expanders. Then mine until you have enough isk for a rifter. Then come back and ask again :)
Lexs
Lexs

Posted - 2003.07.04 07:51:00 - [5]

I'm just mining in my probe until I can get myself a bestower =)

Lexs
Lexs
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2003.07.04 07:51:00 - [6]

I'm just mining in my probe until I can get myself a bestower =)
Konru
Konru

Posted - 2003.07.04 07:57:00 - [7]

Well, Tiber Dunkley, I'm afraid you caught us at a bad moment. Weapons were just rebalanced and people are still trying to work out what works and what doesn't.

In general, while the Probe can hold it's own against light frigates, it really isn't a combat ship. The Probe is best used in medium security areas (0.5 and above) as a mining frigate. So that is what most people will tell you to do. You can use the Probe as a fighter if you really want to.

To make a combat Probe, try this: For low slots, if you want maximum speed at the expense of some cargo, use a pair of overdrive injectors. That should give you a good speed boost. Keeping expanded cargo holds at your base for when you feel the need to earn cash, however. Medium slots would be an afterburner, to stay away from pirates, and a small shield recharger, for those situations when the pirates manage to get close anyway. You won't have a lot of capacitor energy for recharging shields, so try to stay away from pirates as much as possible to prevent damage (use the afterburner). For your main gun, use a 250mm light artillery (projectile). This will give you the ability to fire at pirates from outside the range of their usual favorite weapons. Tactics here would be to set up an orbit 5k, hit the afterburner, and pound them from a distance. Complete your setup with 3 Warrior scout drones, in the drone bay. These will provide an "all range" solution to anything you might be trying to fight.

This is probably going to leave you with a high-slot empty, and most of your powergrid used. 8 for the 250mm, plus 8 for the afterburner, and 2 for the shield booster, is 18 units out of your potential 20. The only thing I can think of to put here withouth some serious shoehorning is a 75mm gattling railgun, if you happen to have hybrid skill. As an alternative, there should be just enough CPU and powergrid left to mount a Miner 1. "Serious shoehorning" in this case would be four levels of Engineering skill and replacing the overdrive injectors with a pair of power diagnostic systems. That should just about give you enough of a powergrid to mount a second 250mm if you want.
Konru
Konru
Minmatar
Republic University

Posted - 2003.07.04 07:57:00 - [8]

Well, Tiber Dunkley, I'm afraid you caught us at a bad moment. Weapons were just rebalanced and people are still trying to work out what works and what doesn't.

In general, while the Probe can hold it's own against light frigates, it really isn't a combat ship. The Probe is best used in medium security areas (0.5 and above) as a mining frigate. So that is what most people will tell you to do. You can use the Probe as a fighter if you really want to.

To make a combat Probe, try this: For low slots, if you want maximum speed at the expense of some cargo, use a pair of overdrive injectors. That should give you a good speed boost. Keeping expanded cargo holds at your base for when you feel the need to earn cash, however. Medium slots would be an afterburner, to stay away from pirates, and a small shield recharger, for those situations when the pirates manage to get close anyway. You won't have a lot of capacitor energy for recharging shields, so try to stay away from pirates as much as possible to prevent damage (use the afterburner). For your main gun, use a 250mm light artillery (projectile). This will give you the ability to fire at pirates from outside the range of their usual favorite weapons. Tactics here would be to set up an orbit 5k, hit the afterburner, and pound them from a distance. Complete your setup with 3 Warrior scout drones, in the drone bay. These will provide an "all range" solution to anything you might be trying to fight.

This is probably going to leave you with a high-slot empty, and most of your powergrid used. 8 for the 250mm, plus 8 for the afterburner, and 2 for the shield booster, is 18 units out of your potential 20. The only thing I can think of to put here withouth some serious shoehorning is a 75mm gattling railgun, if you happen to have hybrid skill. As an alternative, there should be just enough CPU and powergrid left to mount a Miner 1. "Serious shoehorning" in this case would be four levels of Engineering skill and replacing the overdrive injectors with a pair of power diagnostic systems. That should just about give you enough of a powergrid to mount a second 250mm if you want.
Kennian
Kennian

Posted - 2003.07.04 12:58:00 - [9]

the overdrive enjectors are nice, but i prefer Altered-e type EE structural

+15 speed, +6% cargo, -.05 agility

]
Kennian
Kennian
Gallente
Chosen Path

Posted - 2003.07.04 12:58:00 - [10]

the overdrive enjectors are nice, but i prefer Altered-e type EE structural

+15 speed, +6% cargo, -.05 agility

]
Sznip
Sznip

Posted - 2003.07.05 21:52:00 - [11]

Use what the guy above suggested, but ditch the Afterburner for another 250mm. Afterburner takes a lot of skill investment so its better to work your way up to get a rifter instead. Then try to find some 150mm dual scouts for the rifter, it shouldn't be too hard to come by some in low sec minmatar empire space.
Sznip
Sznip

Posted - 2003.07.05 21:52:00 - [12]

Use what the guy above suggested, but ditch the Afterburner for another 250mm. Afterburner takes a lot of skill investment so its better to work your way up to get a rifter instead. Then try to find some 150mm dual scouts for the rifter, it shouldn't be too hard to come by some in low sec minmatar empire space.
Awox
Awox
Digital Fury Corporation
Digital Renegades

Posted - 2007.06.13 04:15:00 - [13]

I like to fit an MWD and 2xnano so I am still nimble and I don't lose any cargo space!
-
BOOST OUTLAWS (-10.0 and proud of it)
Vicious Phoenix
Vicious Phoenix

Posted - 2007.06.13 04:17:00 - [14]

HOLY NECRO BATMAN

CFW (Certified Forum Warrior)
I kill people ingame too.
Originally by: CCP Tuxford
I prefer dew over pepsi. I prefer beer over most things. Damn now I want beer.
Khu'ra
Khu'ra
Minmatar
Delictum 23216

Posted - 2007.06.13 06:43:00 - [15]

Originally by: Vicious Phoenix
HOLY NECRO BATMAN

I WAS WONDERING WHY THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WEAPONS BEING BALANCED. Laughing

P.S. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
----
I need a signature. Will the mods give me a sig? I hope so. D:<
Lore Isander
Lore Isander
Caldari
Sybrite Inc.

Posted - 2007.06.13 07:15:00 - [16]

N3KR0M4NK3R STRIKES AGAIN!
---

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240418/2240
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.