Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Arnish Mertuos
Arnish Mertuos

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.30 21:32:00 - [1]

Edited by: Arnish Mertuos on 30/08/2005 21:39:22
It would be kinda nice to have a resync button to resync the server and client, with regards to your position. I've lost count the number of times i've got the message "You must be within 1500 meters from the container to open it." even though the open container button doesn't show up until you are within 1500 meters.

Flying around a container trying to find the magic location to open it ain't fun. A simple button which would resync the client to the server (therefore shifting your ship slightly in view to where the server thinks you are) would seem to me to be useful.
Arnish Mertuos
Arnish Mertuos

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.08.30 21:32:00 - [2]

It would be kinda nice to have a resync button to resync the server and client, with regards to your position. I've lost count the number of times i've got the message "You must be within 1500 meters from the container to open it." even though the open container button doesn't show up until you are within 1500 meters.

Flying around a container trying to find the magic location to open it ain't fun. A simple button which would resync the client to the server (therefore shifting your ship slightly in view to where the server thinks you are) would seem to me to be useful.
Ekril Dalus
Ekril Dalus
Umbra Congregatio
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2007.08.07 02:06:00 - [3]

/ Signed

Just thought of this myself.
Shaemell Buttleson
Shaemell Buttleson
Darwin With Attitude
oooh Shiny

Posted - 2007.08.07 11:40:00 - [4]

Sucks in any circumstance but it has happened for myself and ppl I know in 2 alliance torneys as well.

Your signature was inappropriate, email [email protected] to find out why (don't forget to include a link to it) -Sahwoolo
Falcyon
Falcyon
Senate and People of Rome
VENOM Alliance

Posted - 2007.08.07 12:21:00 - [5]

It is an interesting thought. Perhaps the game can be forced to re-evaluate its connection with the server, similar to relogging but without exiting the game or signing back in.
Solbright altaltalt
Solbright altaltalt
Republic Military School

Posted - 2007.08.08 06:08:00 - [6]

Edited by: Solbright altaltalt on 08/08/2007 06:08:26
Originally by: Falcyon
It is an interesting thought. Perhaps the game can be forced to re-evaluate its connection with the server, similar to relogging but without exiting the game or signing back in.

Already does.

Having a user button/menu to initiate a world model reload, while it sounds convenient, will not likely ever happen as it would be abused too much.

Falcyon
Falcyon
Senate and People of Rome
VENOM Alliance

Posted - 2007.08.08 14:03:00 - [7]

Originally by: Solbright altaltalt

Already does.

Having a user button/menu to initiate a world model reload, while it sounds convenient, will not likely ever happen as it would be abused too much.

It already does, yet it's a month after that post and two patches later, and we're still seeing it.

Alright then, no button. At the very least they should be reworking their netcode to make it more solid.
---------------------------------------------

Thread on idea for Ship/Module Customization, Depreciation, and Towing
TimMc
TimMc
The Caldari Confederation

Posted - 2007.08.08 14:11:00 - [8]

Already does.

Yeah my first thought was how much this would be abused
Major Stallion
Major Stallion
Four Rings
D-L

Posted - 2007.08.08 14:46:00 - [9]

Originally by: Arnish Mertuos

you know what would e better than a button to resync the server???? IF THEY FIXED THE GD DESYNC!!!

Teikoku Trade Conglomerate

Posted - 2007.08.08 17:26:00 - [10]

Yeah, is that a joke? A real "make lag" button?
Torothanax
Torothanax

Posted - 2007.08.08 17:34:00 - [11]

I've watched cans move sometimes during an explosion. I'll be looking right at whatever I destroyed and watch the can or wreck drift away from where it should be. Always end up with that stupid "must be within 1500" msg.

The only other time i've had desync problems is when my ship bounces off somthing in space.

Seems to me it's not just lag, but a difference in the way the servers and the client handle certain events. I'm not a programmer though, so I couldn't say for sure.
WhitePhantom
WhitePhantom
Gallente
Edenists

Posted - 2007.08.08 19:17:00 - [12]

Already does.

It already does, yet it's a month after that post and two patches later, and we're still seeing it.

Alright then, no button. At the very least they should be reworking their netcode to make it more solid.

It has not been a month since that post.

Clearly they are trying to fix the problem, its not a simple thing to change working code when you don't know what might be causing desync issues.

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,03s, ref 20240418/2025
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.