Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Jastra
Jastra

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.18 11:10:00 - [1]

I want to do research for Roden Shipyards, I am slowly working my Science skills to get there and doing courier missions to get my standing up, I'm after some noob advice and a few questions I think I know the answers to confirmed if you dont mind :) .

1) To simply get a low level research agent I need Science to LVL5 as I understand, or do I need further skills trained as well?

2) Research agents give out BPOs, and there is a lottery, but do they only give out Tech II BPOs or do you stand a more reasonable chance of getting regular tech BPOS as well?

3) If the research agent never gives tech I BPOs, can you work for certain agent types or corporations that do give BPOs as occasional rewards, and do you need to have a certain lvl agent to start getting them?

Thanks in advance

Jastra

Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.09.18 11:10:00 - [2]

I want to do research for Roden Shipyards, I am slowly working my Science skills to get there and doing courier missions to get my standing up, I'm after some noob advice and a few questions I think I know the answers to confirmed if you dont mind :) .

1) To simply get a low level research agent I need Science to LVL5 as I understand, or do I need further skills trained as well?

2) Research agents give out BPOs, and there is a lottery, but do they only give out Tech II BPOs or do you stand a more reasonable chance of getting regular tech BPOS as well?

3) If the research agent never gives tech I BPOs, can you work for certain agent types or corporations that do give BPOs as occasional rewards, and do you need to have a certain lvl agent to start getting them?

Thanks in advance

Jastra

Jon Hawkes
Jon Hawkes

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:08:00 - [3]

1) To get an R&D agent, you will need:
* High enough personal standings with the corp in question to obtain the agent
* Science 5
* The relevant Engineering skill (eg, Nanite Engineering) to at least the same level as the agent

2) The R&D agents give out Tech II BPOs over 99% to the best of my knowledge, although, there have been reports of players getting Tech II BPOs in the past. You can see what BPOs the agent will award by checking in "agent info".

3) Some agents have started dropping faction BPCs recently, but I'm not too sure about BPOs at this time.

4) Do yourself a favour and get yourself agood level R&D agent. The Research Points given out by level 1 and 2 agents is simply not worth the effort. Just put your efforts into building good standings with Roden wile you train your Science skills up. Cool

Ship construction guide, refining calculator, POS fuel calculator & NPC info
Jon Hawkes
Jon Hawkes
The Littlest Hobos

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:08:00 - [4]

1) To get an R&D agent, you will need:
* High enough personal standings with the corp in question to obtain the agent
* Science 5
* The relevant Engineering skill (eg, Nanite Engineering) to at least the same level as the agent

2) The R&D agents give out Tech II BPOs over 99% to the best of my knowledge, although, there have been reports of players getting Tech II BPOs in the past. You can see what BPOs the agent will award by checking in "agent info".

3) Some agents have started dropping faction BPCs recently, but I'm not too sure about BPOs at this time.

4) Do yourself a favour and get yourself agood level R&D agent. The Research Points given out by level 1 and 2 agents is simply not worth the effort. Just put your efforts into building good standings with Roden wile you train your Science skills up. Cool

Jastra
Jastra

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:11:00 - [5]

and thanks again Razz
Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:11:00 - [6]

and thanks again Razz
Jastra
Jastra

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:16:00 - [7]

Ok, checked the agent in my local system and she will give out like Occator Blueprints it says, they're Tech one right?

Does anyone have any idea how many missions, with good skills you have to run to get a tech one BP awarded or is it a stunningly rare occurence?(avg)

Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:16:00 - [8]

Ok, checked the agent in my local system and she will give out like Occator Blueprints it says, they're Tech one right?

Does anyone have any idea how many missions, with good skills you have to run to get a tech one BP awarded or is it a stunningly rare occurence?(avg)

Jon Hawkes
Jon Hawkes

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:35:00 - [9]

Occator is a Tech II ship; it's one of the Gallente Transport ships. AS for the ! BPOs, the only real way to get one is off the open market.

Ship construction guide, refining calculator, POS fuel calculator & NPC info
Jon Hawkes
Jon Hawkes
The Littlest Hobos

Posted - 2005.09.18 12:35:00 - [10]

Occator is a Tech II ship; it's one of the Gallente Transport ships. AS for the ! BPOs, the only real way to get one is off the open market.

el commandante
el commandante

Posted - 2005.09.18 14:21:00 - [11]

1) sience 5 and the skill of the field you want to research. has to be supported by your agent, but does NOT have to be same lvl.
2+3) all t2 bpo are given out this way and some very special t1 (i.e. prototype cloak). t1 can ALWAYS be bought from npc.

if the agent info shows:"nothiing easy predictable" it means this field is empty and all is already given out. you will not get ANYTHING in this case.
for starship engeneering special rules apply. you get research points, but you need mechanic 5 trained to learn starship research.
you get more rp the higher you agent is and the higher your skill in that paticular field is.

-----------------------------------------
selling MEGA BEAM LASER 2!
and no, not the BPO in any case, no!!
el commandante
el commandante
Delta team
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.18 14:21:00 - [12]

1) sience 5 and the skill of the field you want to research. has to be supported by your agent, but does NOT have to be same lvl.
2+3) all t2 bpo are given out this way and some very special t1 (i.e. prototype cloak). t1 can ALWAYS be bought from npc.

if the agent info shows:"nothiing easy predictable" it means this field is empty and all is already given out. you will not get ANYTHING in this case.
for starship engeneering special rules apply. you get research points, but you need mechanic 5 trained to learn starship research.
you get more rp the higher you agent is and the higher your skill in that paticular field is.

if you own something that you cant leave behind in 5 min it owns you. i was owned once too.
Jastra
Jastra

Posted - 2005.09.18 15:45:00 - [13]

K, just to make sure I'm clear on this then, the only reason for having a research agent is to enter the Tech II BPO lottery??

Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Posted - 2005.09.18 15:45:00 - [14]

K, just to make sure I'm clear on this then, the only reason for having a research agent is to enter the Tech II BPO lottery??

el commandante
el commandante

Posted - 2005.09.18 22:18:00 - [15]

yes the only reason is to enter the t2 lottery. the chance is very small, but the reward makes it worth. not all, but some are worth billions.

el commandante
el commandante
Delta team
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.18 22:18:00 - [16]

yes the only reason is to enter the t2 lottery. the chance is very small, but the reward makes it worth. not all, but some are worth billions.
if you own something that you cant leave behind in 5 min it owns you. i was owned once too.
HighlanderUK
HighlanderUK

Posted - 2005.09.21 15:49:00 - [17]

Reminder that at least 2 Tech 1 BPO's were or are only issued by R&D Agents - Expanded Cargo 1, and Shield Booster Amp.

Lottery for Tech 2 is random, and you could have a few thousand RP (research points) and win - you get an offer from your agent via EVE Mail, and have 7 days to accept and collect, else you carry on. SOme players have been working several R&D agents for over a year now, with over 20,000 RP;s and no BPO.

As i understand it, they only release so many BPO types into the pool (weapons, equip, ships), once they are all issued (like the Cap Recharger II), then no more will be drawn/issued. This serious drawback, prevents many of us from being able to provide market competition, which results in higher price costs.

Look to getting some key Tech 1 BPO's, and find some labs to research them in. You will need additional skills such as Research, Lab Ops and Metalurgy to assist in this.

*The Flying Scotsman*
HighlanderUK
HighlanderUK
Gallente
Interstellar Business Machines Corp.

Posted - 2005.09.21 15:49:00 - [18]

Reminder that at least 2 Tech 1 BPO's were or are only issued by R&D Agents - Expanded Cargo 1, and Shield Booster Amp.

Lottery for Tech 2 is random, and you could have a few thousand RP (research points) and win - you get an offer from your agent via EVE Mail, and have 7 days to accept and collect, else you carry on. SOme players have been working several R&D agents for over a year now, with over 20,000 RP;s and no BPO.

As i understand it, they only release so many BPO types into the pool (weapons, equip, ships), once they are all issued (like the Cap Recharger II), then no more will be drawn/issued. This serious drawback, prevents many of us from being able to provide market competition, which results in higher price costs.

Look to getting some key Tech 1 BPO's, and find some labs to research them in. You will need additional skills such as Research, Lab Ops and Metalurgy to assist in this.

Maker of the finest Scottish drones and ammo...all combined
with Active Peat Camouflage (tm) -- so dark, you won't see them coming!!
Jastra
Jastra

Posted - 2005.09.22 11:08:00 - [19]

Thanks for the advice, I have a few Tech I BPOs being researched atm and have my eyes peeled for others along the way. Having read quite a few posts on the lottery my plan will be to get a good agent with the minimum of skills as on balance it would appear that as it's a true lottery, I stand almost as much chance as anyone else (i.e next to no chance :D )

Jas.

Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Posted - 2005.09.22 11:08:00 - [20]

Thanks for the advice, I have a few Tech I BPOs being researched atm and have my eyes peeled for others along the way. Having read quite a few posts on the lottery my plan will be to get a good agent with the minimum of skills as on balance it would appear that as it's a true lottery, I stand almost as much chance as anyone else (i.e next to no chance :D )

Jas.

insin slave
insin slave

Posted - 2005.09.22 12:02:00 - [21]

other agents used to give out tech2 bpc's or the offer to build one for u.
is that active in the game or did they remove that ?

insin slave
insin slave

Posted - 2005.09.22 12:02:00 - [22]

other agents used to give out tech2 bpc's or the offer to build one for u.
is that active in the game or did they remove that ?

Maggot
Maggot

Posted - 2005.09.23 11:40:00 - [23]

Edited by: Maggot on 23/09/2005 11:41:07
Jastra, I would recommend aiming for a level IV agent before you start researching, the number of RPs you will get is significantly higher, also pick one skill you will focus in and get that as high as possible. I would recommend avoiding the narrow fields but go for soemthing broad like mechanical or electronics. I have got 3/4ths of my BPOs from these fields.

Good luck, might be a year before your investment comes in though and even then you are lucky, so just forget about the fact you have agents and get on with enjoying eve. Never waste time running missions for research agents.

Maggot
Maggot
Minmatar
Freelance Unincorporated
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2005.09.23 11:40:00 - [24]

Edited by: Maggot on 23/09/2005 11:41:07
Jastra, I would recommend aiming for a level IV agent before you start researching, the number of RPs you will get is significantly higher, also pick one skill you will focus in and get that as high as possible. I would recommend avoiding the narrow fields but go for soemthing broad like mechanical or electronics. I have got 3/4ths of my BPOs from these fields.

Good luck, might be a year before your investment comes in though and even then you are lucky, so just forget about the fact you have agents and get on with enjoying eve. Never waste time running missions for research agents.

Jastra
Jastra

Posted - 2005.09.23 12:47:00 - [25]

Thanks Maggot, I've already got my agent scoped out, and will train just the minimum I need to get him and a basic research topic or two as you suggest

Thanks for advice everyone, was very helpful Razz

Jas.

Jastra
Jastra
Gallente
Gallente Venture Inc

Posted - 2005.09.23 12:47:00 - [26]

Thanks Maggot, I've already got my agent scoped out, and will train just the minimum I need to get him and a basic research topic or two as you suggest

Thanks for advice everyone, was very helpful Razz

Jas.

Hari Seldom
Hari Seldom

Posted - 2005.09.23 13:57:00 - [27]

Originally by: HighlanderUK

As i understand it, they only release so many BPO types into the pool (weapons, equip, ships), once they are all issued (like the Cap Recharger II), then no more will be drawn/issued. This serious drawback, prevents many of us from being able to provide market competition, which results in higher price costs....

Are you saying no more will EVER be issued?
Hari Seldom
Hari Seldom

Posted - 2005.09.23 13:57:00 - [28]

Originally by: HighlanderUK

As i understand it, they only release so many BPO types into the pool (weapons, equip, ships), once they are all issued (like the Cap Recharger II), then no more will be drawn/issued. This serious drawback, prevents many of us from being able to provide market competition, which results in higher price costs....

Are you saying no more will EVER be issued?
el commandante
el commandante

Posted - 2005.09.23 15:15:00 - [29]

no, if the field you research says: "nothing easy predictable" it is empty and you will not get anything. no bpc, no t1 bpo/bpc. nothing.

el commandante
el commandante
Delta team
Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2005.09.23 15:15:00 - [30]

no, if the field you research says: "nothing easy predictable" it is empty and you will not get anything. no bpc, no t1 bpo/bpc. nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240418/2007
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.