Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Trelennen
Trelennen

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.10 23:46:00 - [121]

Edited by: Trelennen on 10/11/2005 23:48:21
Well, works great with last version, that's cool. I love the new presentation of ship slots (easy to see which module uses as CPU and grid). Will look at the advanced functionalities soon, it looks cool. Oh, while i'm at it, haven't checked for newer version, but is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

For the portability, i'm pretty sure it's possible to access an access database via java under linux, as long as you get the ODBC related package under linux (JDBC-ODBC bridge), but I think you used some microsoft specific command in the ConnexionODBC class (as prior to install the right packages, I had another error which was related to the ODBC drivers, now I get the one I gave earlier, so I guess it's related to the way you connect to the database, given the name of the class the error lies in). If you manage to get this portable, great, else, it's not a big deal (you'd still have the solution of using wine to run it I guess, haven't tried though, don't want to mess with wine yet ;))

Edit: in last version (0.95), there's still a wrong behaviour for shield boosters, as quickfit make them benefit from the shield upgrade skill, whereas they don't benefit from it in game, which result in less pg use in quickfit that they do in game.
Quote:
dont fly what you cant afford to lose, always have it insured, make sure you can replace it before you take it into 0.0 or any potentially kaboomish situations.
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.10 23:46:00 - [122]

Edited by: Trelennen on 10/11/2005 23:48:21
Well, works great with last version, that's cool. I love the new presentation of ship slots (easy to see which module uses as CPU and grid). Will look at the advanced functionalities soon, it looks cool. Oh, while i'm at it, haven't checked for newer version, but is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

For the portability, i'm pretty sure it's possible to access an access database via java under linux, as long as you get the ODBC related package under linux (JDBC-ODBC bridge), but I think you used some microsoft specific command in the ConnexionODBC class (as prior to install the right packages, I had another error which was related to the ODBC drivers, now I get the one I gave earlier, so I guess it's related to the way you connect to the database, given the name of the class the error lies in). If you manage to get this portable, great, else, it's not a big deal (you'd still have the solution of using wine to run it I guess, haven't tried though, don't want to mess with wine yet ;))

Edit: in last version (0.95), there's still a wrong behaviour for shield boosters, as quickfit make them benefit from the shield upgrade skill, whereas they don't benefit from it in game, which result in less pg use in quickfit that they do in game.
=====
!!! Fix SB - Love for AFs - Fix drones AI !!!
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.14 09:49:00 - [123]

Originally by: Trelennen
is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

Not possible. You can only choose one kind of drone.
With the new drones incoming, I suppose i will have to overhaul all the drone panel anyway Rolling Eyes

Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.14 09:49:00 - [124]

Originally by: Trelennen
is there a way to set several kind of drones (for example 5 ogres 5 berserkers) instead of an amount of only one type of drone?

Not possible. You can only choose one kind of drone.
With the new drones incoming, I suppose i will have to overhaul all the drone panel anyway Rolling Eyes

Deakin Frost
Deakin Frost

Posted - 2005.11.14 11:07:00 - [125]

Anyone has an idea why the application's freezing all the time? I have to change focus everytime to have it redraw properly, and when I'm importing the XML, some information dialog wants to pop up, but stays blank and locks up my whole application. I've reinstalled Java multiple times, including a JRE compile from a different vendor.

Deakin Frost
Deakin Frost
Gallente
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm

Posted - 2005.11.14 11:07:00 - [126]

Anyone has an idea why the application's freezing all the time? I have to change focus everytime to have it redraw properly, and when I'm importing the XML, some information dialog wants to pop up, but stays blank and locks up my whole application. I've reinstalled Java multiple times, including a JRE compile from a different vendor.
---

Inappropriate sig image removed -Abdalion
Trelennen
Trelennen

Posted - 2005.11.15 01:36:00 - [127]

With 0.95 version, once fitted, 280mm artys II show as 280mm artys I. Values (damage, rof, etc.) and fitting are those of 280mm II though, so it's only a 'cosmetic' bug ;)
Quote:
dont fly what you cant afford to lose, always have it insured, make sure you can replace it before you take it into 0.0 or any potentially kaboomish situations.
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Posted - 2005.11.15 01:36:00 - [128]

span style= font-size:7pt i Edited by: Trelennen on 15/11/2005 08:56:31 /i /span br With 0.95 version, once fitted, 280mm artys II show as 280mm artys I. Values damage, rof, etc. and fitting are those of 280mm II though, so it s only a cosmetic bug br br edit: I know why it appears as 280mm II, and it s not related to this particular item dunno why I didn t notice it earlier . It s just the string which is showed on screen for fitted items is truncated at 26 characters if I counted well , and a good amount of items have more than 26 characters in their label, and nearly all items in my fitting get truncated on screen. As size of the police used to show items label is smaller than in previous versions, and I didn t remember of any truncated string before, nor of any label to wide to fit in screen issue, I think you could have the complete string showed. br br I can only guess it is a consequence of the changes you did on the showed lines for module slots, which now show the used grid/cpu, prolly due to a limit to the complete string grid/cpu info item label , as the grid/cpu info seems to have a minimum number of chars with spaces instead of numbers if there is no number to show . As spaces are hard to count, I can t figure out the exact number of chars used for this info string, but I would say around you have [ then minimum 4 chars for the grid more if there s 5 digits at the grid number then space then | then space then minimum 4 cpu chars then " then space, which would then be 14 chars for the info string at minimum. You then have an effective limit for the total string at 14+26=40 characters, which is an odd value for a programming limit, I'd have understand 32 or 64, but 40 is not a binary value.
PS: tested with custom capital modules, with 125000 grid (6 digits) and a name long enough to be truncated, and there is only 24 characters from the label that show, which confirms my guess of a maximum size of the complete module info string ([grid | cpu] label). I imagine you could safely extend that maximum size to 128, which would allow to have nearly all if not all modules labels shown without being truncated, while still having no issue of strings overflowing outside of the screnn size with default size values (currently the string use like maxium 2/5th of the fitting area, which means you could show like 100 chars (so maybe 96 chars would be better than 128 ;)).

Good job with all the new things you added recently though, and with all the bug fixes ;). Regarding interface though, I read before that you had troubles to have areas which stretch, or resizable areas. Maybe looking closer to some of your objects could give you the solution (at least for the stretching/no stretching part), as you have some objects which stretch when you resize the window, others which don't. Few weird things:
- skills tab: save/load skills buttons stretch verticaly and horizontaly. Vertical stretching makes things weird (import XML button don't stretch at all, add effect / help buttons stretch only horizontally, so checking the configuration differences between the two should give the answer ;))
- skills tab: bonus choice drop down stretch vertically, doesn't look very good in full screen on a 1600x1200 ;)
- level box is smaller when window is bigger??
- maybe not make the disclaimer box (top right) stretch vertically, it'll give more space for the effect panel. In the same way, not stretching spaces between panels which gives more space for the effect panel, so more visibility here.
- ship tab: same thing for ship description box, would be better with no vertical stretch
- drones tab: same idea for the drone description panel (between drone list and drone characteristics), the drone name box, and the spaces between panels in right part, no need to stretch vertically. Drone description panel could use less height (=> more space for the attributes panel)
- cap sim tab: do not stretch vertical spaces around cap transfer parameters
(these interface things are good on some tabs, the solution is here ;) - no char left)
=====
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.16 18:26:00 - [129]

Many thanx !

Now all I have to do is finding how to enable resizing of shapes ^^

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.16 18:26:00 - [130]

Many thanx !

Now all I have to do is finding how to enable resizing of shapes ^^

Great Artista
Great Artista

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:18:00 - [131]

Edited by: Great Artista on 16/11/2005 19:21:33
HOW CAN I USE THE PROGRAM!!? OR EVEN INSTALL IT!!? IM SO SCREWED UP!! HEEEELP!!
Im seriuos i cant see any starting icon or anything!? Im propably just stupid BUT IT STILL WONT WORK!

*EDIT* Oh bull****... it worked... and because im dumb im gonna sig myself whit that comment
-------------

"HOW CAN I USE THE PROGRAM!!? OR EVEN INSTALL IT!!? IM SO SCREWED UP!! HEEEELP!!
Im seriuos i cant see any starting icon or anything!? Im propably just stupid BUT IT STILL WONT WOR
Great Artista
Great Artista
Veto.

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:18:00 - [132]

Edited by: Great Artista on 16/11/2005 19:21:33
HOW CAN I USE THE PROGRAM!!? OR EVEN INSTALL IT!!? IM SO SCREWED UP!! HEEEELP!!
Im seriuos i cant see any starting icon or anything!? Im propably just stupid BUT IT STILL WONT WORK!

*EDIT* Oh bull****... it worked... and because im dumb im gonna sig myself whit that comment
Darth Revanant
Darth Revanant

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:26:00 - [133]

Yeah, I can't get it to work either, the java site seems to be down.
Darth Revanant
Darth Revanant
Amarr
1st Praetorian Guard
Vigilia Valeria

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:26:00 - [134]

Recruitment Office
Trelennen
Trelennen

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:40:00 - [135]

Originally by: Darth Revanant

Sun's java site works like a charm for me, maybe you were unluncky and there has been a small interruption of service when you tried.
Quote:
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Posted - 2005.11.16 19:40:00 - [136]

Originally by: Darth Revanant

Sun's java site works like a charm for me, maybe you were unluncky and there has been a small interruption of service when you tried.
=====
Rahzelk
Rahzelk

Posted - 2005.11.18 23:41:00 - [137]

For people who wanna try, version 0.96 is out.
Rather a BIG version not in new feature meaning, but in term of technical modification.

The database has been reworked to be totally open sourced (using HSQLDB) and you should be able to run Quickfit on any Java caapable computer.

Quickfit will be alot quicker, but will eat a lot more RAM and will take a noticeable amount of time to "boot"...

Maintain database up-to-date will be alot easier due to this new engine, as well as thanx to Xssassin that provided me with very latest ingame data.

Well, apart from this very technical point, only a minor couple of things have been fixed, like shield booster bugs or T2 guns skill not being taken in account for damage....

Next version will have graphical improvment regarding the various things reported by Trenelen.

Have Fun !

Rahzelk
Rahzelk
Elegance
Tau Ceti Federation

Posted - 2005.11.18 23:41:00 - [138]

For people who wanna try, version 0.96 is out.
Rather a BIG version not in new feature meaning, but in term of technical modification.

The database has been reworked to be totally open sourced (using HSQLDB) and you should be able to run Quickfit on any Java caapable computer.

Quickfit will be alot quicker, but will eat a lot more RAM and will take a noticeable amount of time to "boot"...

Maintain database up-to-date will be alot easier due to this new engine, as well as thanx to Xssassin that provided me with very latest ingame data.

Well, apart from this very technical point, only a minor couple of things have been fixed, like shield booster bugs or T2 guns skill not being taken in account for damage....

Next version will have graphical improvment regarding the various things reported by Trenelen.

Have Fun !

Arcadus
Arcadus

Posted - 2005.11.19 00:37:00 - [139]

Good work.
Best ship fitter I've seen yet, most accurate anyway.

:)
Arcadus
Arcadus
F.R.E.E. Explorer
EVE Animal Control

Posted - 2005.11.19 00:37:00 - [140]

Good work.
Best ship fitter I've seen yet, most accurate anyway.

:)
Minmatar Assault
Minmatar Assault

Posted - 2005.11.19 01:59:00 - [141]

siege module - hi slot module ...)
Minmatar Assault
Minmatar Assault

Posted - 2005.11.19 01:59:00 - [142]

siege module - hi slot module ...)
Corvus Anderran
Corvus Anderran

Posted - 2005.11.19 02:43:00 - [143]

There seems to be a problem with the Weapon Upgrades skill in 0.96. I have Weapon Upgrades 4, and go to mount a Heavy Afocal Pulse Maser I, which uses 29 tf CPU. Weapon Upgrades 4 then comes into effect and should reduce the CPU usage, instead it increases it to 320.16 tf. Bit odd. Shocked
Corvus Anderran
Corvus Anderran
Caldari

Posted - 2005.11.19 02:43:00 - [144]

There seems to be a problem with the Weapon Upgrades skill in 0.96. I have Weapon Upgrades 4, and go to mount a Heavy Afocal Pulse Maser I, which uses 29 tf CPU. Weapon Upgrades 4 then comes into effect and should reduce the CPU usage, instead it increases it to 320.16 tf. Bit odd. Shocked
keepiru
keepiru

Posted - 2005.11.19 02:48:00 - [145]

Awesome \o/
-------------
Where are the named 800mm Plates and Mega Ions, CCP?
keepiru
keepiru
Supernova Security Systems

Posted - 2005.11.19 02:48:00 - [146]

Awesome \o/
----------------

Where are the scan probe BPOs?
Trelennen
Trelennen

Posted - 2005.11.19 11:36:00 - [147]

Edited by: Trelennen on 19/11/2005 11:40:52
Ok, currently testing 0.96 on linux, it works, so it's better than before at least. Haven't start testing 0.96 on windows, so can't say if some of these issues are specific to running it on linux or not.

- search function doesn't work (well, nothing seems to happen when you click the search button).
- skills effects seems to be all messed up:
Quote:
001 - Drones (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.maxVelocity : 325.0 m/sec => 2772.25 m/sec 002 - Signature Analysis (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.scanResolution : 750.0 mm => 825.0 mm 003 - Long Range Targeting (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.maxTargetRange : 37500.0 m => 41250.0 m 004 - Electronics (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.cpuOutput : 140.0 tf => 175.0 tf 005 - Shield Management (lvl 1) -> Jaguar.shieldCapacity : 450.0 => 472.5 006 - Energy Management (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.capacitorCapacity : 200.0 Energy => 230.0 Energy 007 - Energy Systems Operation (lvl 4) -> Jaguar.rechargeRate : 150.0 => 1656.0 008 - Shield Operation (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.shieldRechargeRate : 500.0 => 4265.0 009 - Engineering (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.powerOutput : 40.0 MW => 50.0 MW 010 - Hull Upgrades (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.hp : 430.0 => 559.0 011 - Hull Upgrades (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.armorHP : 325.0 => 373.75 012 - Mechanic (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.hp : 559.0 => 698.75 013 - Spaceship Command (lvl 4) -> Jaguar.agility : 3.1 x => 3.348 x 014 - Evasive Maneuvering (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.agility : 3.348 x => 3.683 x 015 - Navigation (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.maxVelocity : 2772.25 m/sec => 3188.088 m/sec

Well you can see the Drones skill affect ship velocity, and give freakingly aberrant amount of speed too ;), and that skills which affect recharge time of shield and capacitor are messed up too (they increase a lot the recharge rate).
- Energy grid upgrades has a very wrong effect on PDUs: level 1 => 70 CPU, level 2 => 120 CPU, level 3 => 170 CPU, etc., eg. 50 more CPU (250%) required per energy grid upgrades level instead of -5% CPU Shocked
- weapon upgrades skill increase CPU need by 250% per level, instead of reducing it by 5% per level (I'd guess the exact thing is 251%, 'cause, the value of the attribute in the skill panel for this skill is 251, same for energy grid upgrades).
- fuel conservation: skill increase cap need of AB by 246% (value in DB is 24600%), instead of reducing it by 10% per level.
- warp drive operation seems messed up too
- Drones skill: DB list a Speed Bonus of 251m/s (which explains the aberration above).

All in all, it seems all these issues are related to wrong data in the database, maybe something went wrong when you imported the data. Most are only value issues, Drones skill have a bonus it should not though. Here's a few more skills i looked in the DB with wrong values:
- cloaking: 246% increase of targeting delay instead of -10%
- electronic warefare: 251% increase of cap need instead of -5%
- electronics upgrade: 251% increase insead of -5%
- hypereuclidean navigation (is this skill in game?): 5% duration bonus instead of 20% cloaked velocity
- propulsion jamming: 251% increase instead of 5% bonus
- same for sensor linking
- same for survey
- same for target painting
- same for weapon disruption

NB: well, seems there's really too much skills with issues, better look at what could cause this when importing the data, this shold solve most issues, and if some still have issues after that, we could check those specific skills ;)

Good job though, keep on!

edit: damage calculation seems broken - total damage/DPS shown only take drones into account
Quote:
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Posted - 2005.11.19 11:36:00 - [148]

Edited by: Trelennen on 19/11/2005 11:40:52
Ok, currently testing 0.96 on linux, it works, so it's better than before at least. Haven't start testing 0.96 on windows, so can't say if some of these issues are specific to running it on linux or not.

- search function doesn't work (well, nothing seems to happen when you click the search button).
- skills effects seems to be all messed up:
Quote:
001 - Drones (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.maxVelocity : 325.0 m/sec => 2772.25 m/sec 002 - Signature Analysis (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.scanResolution : 750.0 mm => 825.0 mm 003 - Long Range Targeting (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.maxTargetRange : 37500.0 m => 41250.0 m 004 - Electronics (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.cpuOutput : 140.0 tf => 175.0 tf 005 - Shield Management (lvl 1) -> Jaguar.shieldCapacity : 450.0 => 472.5 006 - Energy Management (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.capacitorCapacity : 200.0 Energy => 230.0 Energy 007 - Energy Systems Operation (lvl 4) -> Jaguar.rechargeRate : 150.0 => 1656.0 008 - Shield Operation (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.shieldRechargeRate : 500.0 => 4265.0 009 - Engineering (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.powerOutput : 40.0 MW => 50.0 MW 010 - Hull Upgrades (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.hp : 430.0 => 559.0 011 - Hull Upgrades (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.armorHP : 325.0 => 373.75 012 - Mechanic (lvl 5) -> Jaguar.hp : 559.0 => 698.75 013 - Spaceship Command (lvl 4) -> Jaguar.agility : 3.1 x => 3.348 x 014 - Evasive Maneuvering (lvl 2) -> Jaguar.agility : 3.348 x => 3.683 x 015 - Navigation (lvl 3) -> Jaguar.maxVelocity : 2772.25 m/sec => 3188.088 m/sec

Well you can see the Drones skill affect ship velocity, and give freakingly aberrant amount of speed too ;), and that skills which affect recharge time of shield and capacitor are messed up too (they increase a lot the recharge rate).
- Energy grid upgrades has a very wrong effect on PDUs: level 1 => 70 CPU, level 2 => 120 CPU, level 3 => 170 CPU, etc., eg. 50 more CPU (250%) required per energy grid upgrades level instead of -5% CPU Shocked
- weapon upgrades skill increase CPU need by 250% per level, instead of reducing it by 5% per level (I'd guess the exact thing is 251%, 'cause, the value of the attribute in the skill panel for this skill is 251, same for energy grid upgrades).
- fuel conservation: skill increase cap need of AB by 246% (value in DB is 24600%), instead of reducing it by 10% per level.
- warp drive operation seems messed up too
- Drones skill: DB list a Speed Bonus of 251m/s (which explains the aberration above).

All in all, it seems all these issues are related to wrong data in the database, maybe something went wrong when you imported the data. Most are only value issues, Drones skill have a bonus it should not though. Here's a few more skills i looked in the DB with wrong values:
- cloaking: 246% increase of targeting delay instead of -10%
- electronic warefare: 251% increase of cap need instead of -5%
- electronics upgrade: 251% increase insead of -5%
- hypereuclidean navigation (is this skill in game?): 5% duration bonus instead of 20% cloaked velocity
- propulsion jamming: 251% increase instead of 5% bonus
- same for sensor linking
- same for survey
- same for target painting
- same for weapon disruption

NB: well, seems there's really too much skills with issues, better look at what could cause this when importing the data, this shold solve most issues, and if some still have issues after that, we could check those specific skills ;)

Good job though, keep on!

edit: damage calculation seems broken - total damage/DPS shown only take drones into account
=====
Grimwalius d'Antan
Grimwalius d'Antan

Posted - 2005.11.19 12:32:00 - [149]

This is an excellent tool, however it seems to have inaccurate capacitor sizes for many ships. The Deimos had 1670 cap without cap mods for me using this program. Another issue is that the cap use bonus for the Oneiros (and possibly other SCs) is not taken into account.

Grimwalius d'Antan
Grimwalius d'Antan
Aliastra

Posted - 2005.11.19 12:32:00 - [150]

This is an excellent tool, however it seems to have inaccurate capacitor sizes for many ships. The Deimos had 1670 cap without cap mods for me using this program. Another issue is that the cap use bonus for the Oneiros (and possibly other SCs) is not taken into account.

Griefing is to ruin a friendly game, which Eve is not.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240328/2259
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.