Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Varsuuk
Varsuuk

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.01 10:16:00 - [1]

I was told by a corp member in beta that they read on early pre-release web site that there was a way to get a 'License to Kill' from Concord if you had sec level 10.0.

Now, due to the new *cough*horrible*cough* sec gaining system - no one starting after the change will have 10.0 sec for nearly a year or perhaps well over a year. So while I like the idea - I'd like to see a lower threshold.

I like License-to-kill for "professional" bounty hunters. If you do act as a bounty hunter, you will eventually go "pirate" in Concord's eyes because of the sec gain speed - which is a prob unto itself but I will keep digressions short.

This should have a sec requirement. This is Concord (or DED I don't know the fine points) based. It only solves the sec rating loss from concord. I don't think there should be a 'fee' for this.

A separate "Faction based" license to operate in a single region or an entire sovereigny. This one would require a fee and ANT positive rating with the Faction. This license only prevents faction losses for the faction in question. This does not protect vs Concord sec loss.

Either of the 2 licenses will be revoked upon:
1. Firing at a faction drone, facility, or convoy of the faction in question.
2. Falling below min requirements: Sec for Concord or Faction for the faction license.

You will note, under this system pirates (with neg sec) will never be able to get a 'license' - this makes sense.

However, I would keep in place the current system for 'vigilante justice' where you can pod a wanted felon without a license and collect. This allows for spur of moment Bounty hunting, but at a price (well, no worse than now - its the current 'price')

One final change I would make is that you cannot collect a bounty on a kill if you are considered a "pirate" BY CONCORD. This means whatever the KOS point for Concord is set at. (-2.0 or -5.0) UNLESS that person has a HIGHER bounty than yourself (alternatively lower sec? but I think higher bounty works as a better indicator of how much a security force is likely to 'overlook' the source of the kill.) In addition, optionally, CCP can make the amount collected on the bounty be lessened by "processing fees" when the collector has a negative rating of any sort from -1% at -0.1 sec to -100% at -10.0 sec.

Perhaps if this is POSSIBLE within game abilities, there could be a new channel added for those with the BH license. Of course, this channel could have mules or spies in it but it will be less popluated by them than the Bounty *cough*Pirate*cough* channel currently is everyday.

Varsuuk
Varsuuk
Minmatar

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.01 10:16:00 - [2]

I was told by a corp member in beta that they read on early pre-release web site that there was a way to get a 'License to Kill' from Concord if you had sec level 10.0.

Now, due to the new *cough*horrible*cough* sec gaining system - no one starting after the change will have 10.0 sec for nearly a year or perhaps well over a year. So while I like the idea - I'd like to see a lower threshold.

I like License-to-kill for "professional" bounty hunters. If you do act as a bounty hunter, you will eventually go "pirate" in Concord's eyes because of the sec gain speed - which is a prob unto itself but I will keep digressions short.

This should have a sec requirement. This is Concord (or DED I don't know the fine points) based. It only solves the sec rating loss from concord. I don't think there should be a 'fee' for this.

A separate "Faction based" license to operate in a single region or an entire sovereigny. This one would require a fee and ANT positive rating with the Faction. This license only prevents faction losses for the faction in question. This does not protect vs Concord sec loss.

Either of the 2 licenses will be revoked upon:
1. Firing at a faction drone, facility, or convoy of the faction in question.
2. Falling below min requirements: Sec for Concord or Faction for the faction license.

You will note, under this system pirates (with neg sec) will never be able to get a 'license' - this makes sense.

However, I would keep in place the current system for 'vigilante justice' where you can pod a wanted felon without a license and collect. This allows for spur of moment Bounty hunting, but at a price (well, no worse than now - its the current 'price')

One final change I would make is that you cannot collect a bounty on a kill if you are considered a "pirate" BY CONCORD. This means whatever the KOS point for Concord is set at. (-2.0 or -5.0) UNLESS that person has a HIGHER bounty than yourself (alternatively lower sec? but I think higher bounty works as a better indicator of how much a security force is likely to 'overlook' the source of the kill.) In addition, optionally, CCP can make the amount collected on the bounty be lessened by "processing fees" when the collector has a negative rating of any sort from -1% at -0.1 sec to -100% at -10.0 sec.

Perhaps if this is POSSIBLE within game abilities, there could be a new channel added for those with the BH license. Of course, this channel could have mules or spies in it but it will be less popluated by them than the Bounty *cough*Pirate*cough* channel currently is everyday.

Varsuuk
Varsuuk

Posted - 2003.08.02 01:35:00 - [3]

Any feedback?

Idea sucks?

No one cares about bounty hunting?

Anyone like it or offer modifications? Hoping CCP will read it if it IS liked.
Varsuuk
Varsuuk
Minmatar

Posted - 2003.08.02 01:35:00 - [4]

Any feedback?

Idea sucks?

No one cares about bounty hunting?

Anyone like it or offer modifications? Hoping CCP will read it if it IS liked.
Ascorbius
Ascorbius

Posted - 2003.08.02 22:09:00 - [5]

Well, I don't know about a licence to Kill as such, But there should certainly be a way of attacking legitimate targets in empire space without being on the receiving end of a Concorde beating.

Maybe a licence could be purchased for an amount of isk and maybe a trustworthyness skill which would make concord leave you alone unless you broke the rules in which case you'd lose the licence concord would slap you hard or fine you.
Ascorbius
Ascorbius
Amarr
Oberon Incorporated

Posted - 2003.08.02 22:09:00 - [6]

Well, I don't know about a licence to Kill as such, But there should certainly be a way of attacking legitimate targets in empire space without being on the receiving end of a Concorde beating.

Maybe a licence could be purchased for an amount of isk and maybe a trustworthyness skill which would make concord leave you alone unless you broke the rules in which case you'd lose the licence concord would slap you hard or fine you.
Varsuuk
Varsuuk

Posted - 2003.08.17 17:12:00 - [7]

I'd like to see CCP revisit the concept of Bounty-hunting to:

1. Increase 'legitimate' PVP
2. Help have an 'in game' way of countering pirates.

Please don't mistake the "License to Kill" thing as ANYTHING other than a 'license' to not get a 'penalty' for killing known and higly negative individuals. Why place a concord bounty and penalize those who would wish it to be a career choice to the point where they become the hunted after ridding Concord of known pirates?

Varsuuk
Varsuuk
Minmatar

Posted - 2003.08.17 17:12:00 - [8]

I'd like to see CCP revisit the concept of Bounty-hunting to:

1. Increase 'legitimate' PVP
2. Help have an 'in game' way of countering pirates.

Please don't mistake the "License to Kill" thing as ANYTHING other than a 'license' to not get a 'penalty' for killing known and higly negative individuals. Why place a concord bounty and penalize those who would wish it to be a career choice to the point where they become the hunted after ridding Concord of known pirates?

CPT KRAT0S
CPT KRAT0S

Posted - 2007.08.18 20:10:00 - [9]

bounty hunting
Wachtmeister
Wachtmeister
Forum Moderator
Interstellar Services Department

Posted - 2007.08.18 20:57:00 - [10]

Please do not resurrect dead threads.

Contrary to popular belief he actually has a body -Eldo
My body is well trained and I have a sixpack.... in the fridge. -Wachty

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240508/0441
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.