Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 42 post(s)
Zeddicus Zu'l
Zeddicus Zu'l

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.01 20:47:00 - [1321]

Originally by: Ithildin
Originally by: franny
can we get a clearafication on the ships with small bays
the enyo currently has a 5m3 dronebay
halfing the dronebay to 2.5m3 = 0 drones, gallente are drone race, prettymuch all our ships(indys excluded) have space for at least 1 drone

They'll be rounded up. Go back a few pages and you'll see Tuxford answering this question.

Originally by: Jim Raynor
Originally by: Tuxford
Changing racial damage types to all damage types.

Rolling Eyes

Ishtar with max skill does almost about 20% more damage with drones than my Cerberus does with 5 heavy launcher II, and 4 dread gurista ballistic control, and only if I use scourge missiles and maxed out launcher skills.. and the Ishtar can fix weapons and drone modules on top of that..

Except that there's no such thing as drone modules. And that drones are even less direct damage weapons than missiles. And that drones don't do same damage as same sized drones but with different damage type.

Otherwise you are correct that something needs be done about missiles in order for the kinetic missiles to do most damage, but maintain attractiveness of other missiles by other bonuses (such as doing more damage against smaller targets, but less against larger).

yes but they are adding 3 drone modules with the patch (CPU and PG use unknown):

1 - Increase drone crotrol range
2 - Increase in comabt drone damage
3 - Increase in drone optimal range and tracking
Maya Rkell
Maya Rkell
Forsaken Empire
The Forsaken Empire

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.01 20:47:00 - [1322]

Edited by: Maya Rkell on 01/11/2005 20:47:41
Originally by: Forsch
Originally by: Maya Rkell
Diverse damage ALLWAYS has a price in total done. It's why the minmatar have a lower overall damage. Going from +10% thermal to +10% all is too potent. +5% to all, +7.5% thermal and +2.5% others or even, if you must, +10% thermal and +5% others would be far more appropriate.

The damage should stay the same as it is now. For all drones. If it means +10% damage then it should be +10%.
Stop trying to get others nerfed just because you are unhappy with the weapons you use.

Aww, someone only flys Amarr ships I see. It only "means" 10% damage because that is an arbitrary descision by the devs. It's unbalanced, especially for a certain frigate carrier, and I will argue against it.

If it goes through, then I will USE it, by flying ships in question. I am a pragmatist, to your egotism.

Rounding up: I hope certain ships (*cough* arround the frigate level *cough*) will be examined for necessary exceptions.

//Maya
franny
franny
Phoenix Knights

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:47:00 - [1323]

Originally by: Forsch
Originally by: franny
can we get a clearafication on the ships with small bays
the enyo currently has a 5m3 dronebay
halfing the dronebay to 2.5m3 = 0 drones, gallente are drone race, prettymuch all our ships(indys excluded) have space for at least 1 drone

Tuxford said already, those numbers will be rounded up.

thanks I missed that somewhere in all this
now I should go back to bed and nurse my cold

CEO - PKKP
Recruitment
Arx Nemesis
Arx Nemesis

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:51:00 - [1324]

Oh one off topic note, with such heavy growing threads there is always a problem to find dev's answers, can you summarize it in the first page or have some other way to really see the responses first, would help alot :)
-----------------------------------------
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:51:00 - [1325]

Quote:
Except that there's no such thing as drone modules. And that drones are even less direct damage weapons than missiles. And that drones don't do same damage as same sized drones but with different damage type.

Drone control modules are forthcoming, they will enhance your drone damage output, they will be like heat sinks, but for drones and I imagine they will be fairly powerful. I'm aware that drone damage varies drone to drone, but you can get just about 400 DPS out of 5 Ogre IIs after the changes go in, which is probably the highest, but I imagine the other drones aren't too far behind. So let's say 375-400 DPS.

Quote:
Otherwise you are correct that something needs be done about missiles in order for the kinetic missiles to do most damage, but maintain attractiveness of other missiles by other bonuses (such as doing more damage against smaller targets, but less against larger).

Considering Gallente drone ships (which do more damage than caldari missile ships) can do any damage type with any drone and maintain their bonuses, I see no reason why caldari missile ships should not get their bonus applied to all missiles.

If Gallente were constrained to thermal, i'd be okay with Caldari being "stuck" with kinetic as well. Seeing as how CCP has changed their mind on Gallente ships, I'd really like them to consider changing their mind on that kinetic missile bonus on Caldari ships too.
------
If Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock embracing one another, in a bath tube, nude, in space, is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor
Caldari
Umbra Congregatio
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:51:00 - [1326]

Quote:

Drone control modules are forthcoming, they will enhance your drone damage output, they will be like heat sinks, but for drones and I imagine they will be fairly powerful. I'm aware that drone damage varies drone to drone, but you can get just about 400 DPS out of 5 Ogre IIs after the changes go in, which is probably the highest, but I imagine the other drones aren't too far behind. So let's say 375-400 DPS.

Quote:

Considering Gallente drone ships (which do more damage than caldari missile ships) can do any damage type with any drone and maintain their bonuses, I see no reason why caldari missile ships should not get their bonus applied to all missiles.

If Gallente were constrained to thermal, i'd be okay with Caldari being "stuck" with kinetic as well. Seeing as how CCP has changed their mind on Gallente ships, I'd really like them to consider changing their mind on that kinetic missile bonus on Caldari ships too.
------
I'll make a sig later.
Arx Nemesis
Arx Nemesis
Caldari

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:51:00 - [1327]

Oh one off topic note, with such heavy growing threads there is always a problem to find dev's answers, can you summarize it in the first page or have some other way to really see the responses first, would help alot :)
-----------------------------------------
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance
Dethra
Dethra

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:59:00 - [1328]

let me start out by saying you'll have to forgive me; I didn't read all 700ish posts (23 pages) first. I know, someone's probably already posted this.

Here's the problem: The thermal damage bonus only.
Since it's percentage based, you can only use drones that do thermal damage, like the gallente specific ones. Thus, only ogres are affected by this bonus; which, you coudl say is cool, because they're gallente drones, and gallentes are the oens with all the drone stuff.

HOWEVER, there are other races that have drone-boats. Arbitrator, Typhoon, etc. These boats now have to use ogres too, if htey want their drones to do as much as gallente drones do (with drone interfacing at any level, since it's thermal damage only.) This means it's utterly pointless to train for tech 2 drones besides ogres. You are in effect eliminating the point of having any drones besides gallente drones from the game.

My main point, restated, is this: The thermal damage bonus will only affect gallente drones, meaning for anyone specializing in other drone types, drone interfacing is pointless, thus if you specialize in other drone types, you will always do less damage than gallente drones (because drone interfacing wont affect your drones.) This means it's pointless to use any droneboats besides gallente for damage.
Minmatar
Valiant Logistics Inc.
Black Flag Alliance

Posted - 2005.11.01 20:59:00 - [1329]

Edited by: Dethra on 01/11/2005 21:01:17
Edited by: Dethra on 01/11/2005 21:00:23
let me start out by saying you'll have to forgive me; I didn't read all 700ish posts (23 pages) first. I know, someone's probably already posted this.

Since it's percentage based, you can only use drones that do thermal damage, like the gallente specific ones. Thus, only ogres are affected by this bonus; which, you coudl say is cool, because they're gallente drones, and gallentes are the oens with all the drone stuff.

HOWEVER, there are other races that have drone-boats. Arbitrator, Typhoon, etc. These boats now have to use ogres too, if htey want their drones to do as much as gallente drones do (with drone interfacing at any level, since it's thermal damage only.) This means it's utterly pointless to train for tech 2 drones besides ogres. You are in effect eliminating the point of having any drones besides gallente drones from the game.

My main point, restated, is this: The thermal damage bonus will only affect gallente drones, meaning for anyone specializing in other drone types, drone interfacing is pointless, thus if you specialize in other drone types, you will always do less damage than gallente drones (because drone interfacing wont affect your drones.) This means it's pointless to use any drones besides gallente for damage. (may as well throw away your berserker II's, Wasp II's, and Praetor II's now.)
Shiva
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:01:00 - [1330]

Originally by: Farjung
Originally by: Ithildin
Except that there's no such thing as drone modules.

Um, but there will be. What with this thread being called "New drones, modules and what not" ;p

Originally by: Blog
What about modules?

Well they are not many and not that complex. So far there are three of them. One increases the damage output of all combat drones, one increases your drone control range and another boosts the optimal range and tracking on drones.

I want drone control implants. +1 drone channel, requiring level 4 cybernetics and a +2 drone channel requiring level 5 cybernetics would be nifty, along with the typical +3% and +5% damage implants.

Missiles should get modules and implants too in the same patch.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson
Bjartmar
Bjartmar

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:02:00 - [1331]

Originally by: Dethra

My main point, restated, is this: The thermal damage bonus will only affect gallente drones, meaning for anyone specializing in other drone types, drone interfacing is pointless, thus if you specialize in other drone types, you will always do less damage than gallente drones (because drone interfacing wont affect your drones.) This means it's pointless to use any drones besides gallente for damage. (may as well throw away your berserker II's, Wasp II's, and Praetor II's now.)

What are u talking about?
Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu
Shiva
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:02:00 - [1332]

Thats all 20 pages of posts are because around page 20 Tuxford posted that it was going to be all damage types instead of just thermal/em. Razz
---
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson
Bjartmar
Bjartmar

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:02:00 - [1333]

What are u talking about?
Pharuan
Pharuan

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:03:00 - [1334]

If Gallente were constrained to thermal, i'd be okay with Caldari being "stuck" with kinetic as well. Seeing as how CCP has changed their mind on Gallente ships, I'd really like them to consider changing their mind on that kinetic missile bonus on Caldari ships too.[/quote

Because for missiles it was a bonus. For the drones, it is just keeping them up to par with the damage that they do now. In effect, the +1 drone per level and the 10% extra damage per level is the same bonus. No one complained when they got an extra drone per level.
Pharuan
Pharuan
Gallente
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:03:00 - [1335]

If Gallente were constrained to thermal, i'd be okay with Caldari being "stuck" with kinetic as well. Seeing as how CCP has changed their mind on Gallente ships, I'd really like them to consider changing their mind on that kinetic missile bonus on Caldari ships too.[/quote

Because for missiles it was a bonus. For the drones, it is just keeping them up to par with the damage that they do now. In effect, the +1 drone per level and the 10% extra damage per level is the same bonus. No one complained when they got an extra drone per level.
Derran
Derran

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:12:00 - [1336]

Edited by: Derran on 01/11/2005 21:14:13
Originally by: Hllaxiu

Thats all 20 pages of posts are because around page 20 Tuxford posted that it was going to be all damage types instead of just thermal/em. Razz

Page 19 actually. Around where several people started cheering. It is the only real change since the original post. Everything else is in the devblog

Dev Blog
Derran
Derran
Minmatar
Khumatari Holdings
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:12:00 - [1337]

Edited by: Derran on 01/11/2005 21:14:13
Originally by: Hllaxiu

Page 19 actually. Around where several people started cheering. It is the only real change since the original post. Everything else is in the devblog

Dev Blog
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:18:00 - [1338]

Quote:

Cerberus:
*Max Skills (heavy missile spec 4)*
5 Heavy Launcher II w/ non scourge = 135.7 DPS
5 Heavy Launcher II w/ scourge = 169.6 DPS

Ishtar:
*Max Skills*
15(5) Ogre II = 396 DPS

Considering heavy missile launcher IIs actually take fitting, the Cerberus looks rather pathetic straight out of the box, adding 4 faction ballistics will get you in the 325 DPS ballpark.. still less than an Ishtar who justs puts drones in his bay and sends them at you. Good luck fitting those t2 ballistics, 40 cpu pretty much ruins your setups, which were hardly overpowering to begin with, thanks CCP.

So really, throwing the Caldari that 5% all missile damage bone, wouldn't exactly imbalance much, considering the pathetic DPS of launchers at the moment.

While this certainly isn't a missile thread, I just find it lame that Gallente and their stupid drones might have been balanced out a bit, and they too would have to deal with racial constraints just like Caldari ships must deal with, but it seems CCP would rather just put that burden on Caldari ships and no one else, well, whatever.
------
If Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock embracing one another, in a bath tube, nude, in space, is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor
Caldari
Umbra Congregatio

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:18:00 - [1339]

Quote:

Cerberus:

Ishtar:
*Max Skills*
15(5) Ogre II = 396 DPS

Considering heavy missile launcher IIs actually take fitting, the Cerberus looks rather pathetic straight out of the box, adding 4 faction ballistics will get you in the 325 DPS ballpark.. still less than an Ishtar who justs puts drones in his bay and sends them at you. Good luck fitting those t2 ballistics, 40 cpu pretty much ruins your setups, which were hardly overpowering to begin with, thanks CCP.

So really, throwing the Caldari that 5% all missile damage bone, wouldn't exactly imbalance much, considering the pathetic DPS of launchers at the moment.

While this certainly isn't a missile thread, I just find it lame that Gallente and their stupid drones might have been balanced out a bit, and they too would have to deal with racial constraints just like Caldari ships must deal with, but it seems CCP would rather just put that burden on Caldari ships and no one else, well, whatever.
------
I'll make a sig later.
Pharuan
Pharuan

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:24:00 - [1340]

I am not arguing that the Ishkur did more damage than the cerberus.
I am arguing that the ishkur does the same damage now as it will (with the bonus to all damage types)
The ships with the missile bonus damage do more damage than before they had the bonus.

(Note: This has nothing to do with the missile nerf which is a change in how the missiles did damage)

Is that more clear?
Pharuan
Pharuan
Gallente
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:24:00 - [1341]

I am not arguing that the Ishkur did more damage than the cerberus.
I am arguing that the ishkur does the same damage now as it will (with the bonus to all damage types)
The ships with the missile bonus damage do more damage than before they had the bonus.

(Note: This has nothing to do with the missile nerf which is a change in how the missiles did damage)

Is that more clear?
Luc Boye
Luc Boye

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:30:00 - [1342]

Quote:

Cerberus:

Ishtar:
*Max Skills*
15(5) Ogre II = 396 DPS

drone range is also greater then cerberus range... oh wait, it isnt.

Luc Boye
Luc Boye
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:30:00 - [1343]

Quote:

Cerberus:

Ishtar:
*Max Skills*
15(5) Ogre II = 396 DPS

---
Derran
Derran

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:31:00 - [1344]

Not to hijack the thread or anything but if they do the same for Caldari ships now, they'd also have to keep it fair and do the same on all the races stealth bombers as well. And also make the similiar change for those tech 1 missile frigates which I think are supposed to change to have the racial specific damage type.

It has to be carefully examined to keep it fair though on all ships. I never really understood how people do DPS calculations though. Isn't that based on 100% probability of hitting which only missiles really have? I don't include drones because they CAN miss.
Derran
Derran
Minmatar
Khumatari Holdings
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:31:00 - [1345]

Not to hijack the thread or anything but if they do the same for Caldari ships now, they'd also have to keep it fair and do the same on all the races stealth bombers as well. And also make the similiar change for those tech 1 missile frigates which I think are supposed to change to have the racial specific damage type.

It has to be carefully examined to keep it fair though on all ships. I never really understood how people do DPS calculations though. Isn't that based on 100% probability of hitting which only missiles really have? I don't include drones because they CAN miss.
Luc Boye
Luc Boye

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:32:00 - [1346]

Edited by: Luc Boye on 01/11/2005 21:33:15
Also, when cerberus is about to get scrambled it can warp off, but unfortunately it leaves its launchers behind... oh wait it doesn't.

And so on.

Luc Boye
Luc Boye
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:32:00 - [1347]

Edited by: Luc Boye on 01/11/2005 21:33:15
Also, when cerberus is about to get scrambled it can warp off, but unfortunately it leaves its launchers behind... oh wait it doesn't.

And so on.

---
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:37:00 - [1348]

Edited by: Jim Raynor on 01/11/2005 21:37:14
Originally by: Luc Boye

Ishtar heavy drone range is about 50km, Cerberus range without sensor boosters is 96km.

Quote:

And so on.

Well having 0 grid 0 cpu 400 DPS weapons should have some drawbacks.. no?
------
Jim Raynor
Jim Raynor
Caldari
Umbra Congregatio

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:37:00 - [1349]

Edited by: Jim Raynor on 01/11/2005 21:37:14
Originally by: Luc Boye

Ishtar heavy drone range is about 50km, Cerberus range without sensor boosters is 96km.

Quote:

And so on.

Well having 0 grid 0 cpu 400 DPS weapons should have some drawbacks.. no?
------
I'll make a sig later.
Pharuan
Pharuan

Posted - 2005.11.01 21:39:00 - [1350]

Well having 0 grid 0 cpu 400 DPS weapons should have some drawbacks.. no?[/quote

It's called running out of ammo when the ammo gets hit twice by a large smartbomb.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,23s, ref 20240422/2330
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.