Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Naughty Boy
Naughty Boy

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.12.21 08:40:00 - [61]

This can flagging is a lovely feature. I've been flying around a bit, interestingly those guys can adapt quite fast. They log in combat (right), smack in local in caps and in convo's, one even webbed and scrambled me, i couldn't quite believe it. One of them was shield tanking his apoc (horror) while he was logged off, though he eventually died after 20 minutes (he didn't log immediatly). A few died to concord.

Current score: Naughty Boy's rifter: 21 - Macro/Sweatshops: 0.

I'm considering leaving eve, for that many character being involved in this "trade" there must be an impressive amount of people buying ISK. I'm not impressed by the former, nor the latter.

Sincerly Yours, The Naughty Boy.
---
Spreadsheet - Damage @ range.
Check for updates/known issues, feedback welcome.
Naughty Boy
Naughty Boy
Chronics of ordinary hate

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.12.21 08:40:00 - [62]

Edited by: Naughty Boy on 21/12/2005 09:13:06
This can flagging is a lovely feature. I've been flying around a bit, mainly in Amarr space, and interestingly those guys can adapt quite fast. They log in combat (right), smack in local in caps and in convo's, one even webbed and scrambled me, i couldn't quite believe it. One of them was shield tanking his apoc (horror) while he was logged off, though he eventually died after 20 minutes (he didn't log immediatly). A few died to concord.

Current score: Naughty Boy's rifter: 21 - Macro/Sweatshops: 0.

I'm considering leaving eve, for that many characters being involved in this "trade" there must be an impressive amount of people buying ISK. I don't like the former, nor the latter.

Sincerly Yours, The Naughty Boy.

In Rust We Trust
Wet Ferret
Wet Ferret

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:13:00 - [63]

Just how tough to kill is an apoc? And how bad will those hammerhead drones mess up a kestrel?

The reason I ask, is because earlier yesterday, in the Gonen system (0.5 out in Amarr territory) I was harrassing a macroing operation for a couple of hours, taking ore from their cans and trying to get them to attack me. There was two apocs with lots of hammerhead I drones and a mammoth periodically coming to haul. I have 4 active launchers w/bloodclaws, Small Shield Booster II, and I put on a webber and strength 2 warp scrambler for the occasion. Would I be able to tank with that? I'm a pvp noob but I want to fight these bastards Crying or Very sad.

Some things to note:

They never attacked me once, even though I stole a LOT of their ore.

I dropped cans next to theirs, named it with identical names and then MASS-swapped all of their ore into my own can until it was full. I did this many times and they just kept popping out new cans and naming them "1111111111" and "2222222222222" etc, I sat around with my aggression flag but they would not attack me or loot out of my cans Sad.

After awhile they would warp away to a new belt, or to the station then come back to the place they were. I brought in my hauler to station their ore since I was interrupting my own mining session to harrass them. THAT is when the mammoth finally decided to take from my can, and he waited until he knew I was in a hauler to do it... I could not get back to him in time to attack because he docked immediately Confused I was quite sad! Can I attack the cans without getting blown up? I would have just done that instead but I am extremely devoted to staying high-security status.

I understand that you cannot attack drones at all, even if someone steals from your can and is flagged CONCORD will punish you for shooting their drones. Is this true??

I will have to try the +10 security thing to see if they put stuff in my can. These ones seemed to be a machine but smart at the same time, so I think it was at least a partially manned operation.
Wet Ferret
Wet Ferret

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:13:00 - [64]

Just how tough to kill is an apoc? And how bad will those hammerhead drones mess up a kestrel?

The reason I ask, is because earlier yesterday, in the Gonen system (0.5 out in Amarr territory) I was harrassing a macroing operation for a couple of hours, taking ore from their cans and trying to get them to attack me. There was two apocs with lots of hammerhead I drones and a mammoth periodically coming to haul. I have 4 active launchers w/bloodclaws, Small Shield Booster II, and I put on a webber and strength 2 warp scrambler for the occasion. Would I be able to tank with that? I'm a pvp noob but I want to fight these bastards Crying or Very sad.

Some things to note:

I dropped cans next to theirs, named it with identical names and then MASS-swapped all of their ore into my own can until it was full. I did this many times and they just kept popping out new cans and naming them "1111111111" and "2222222222222" etc, I sat around with my aggression flag but they would not attack me or loot out of my cans Sad.

After awhile they would warp away to a new belt, or to the station then come back to the place they were. I brought in my hauler to station their ore since I was interrupting my own mining session to harrass them. THAT is when the mammoth finally decided to take from my can, and he waited until he knew I was in a hauler to do it... I could not get back to him in time to attack because he docked immediately Confused I was quite sad! Can I attack the cans without getting blown up? I would have just done that instead but I am extremely devoted to staying high-security status.

I understand that you cannot attack drones at all, even if someone steals from your can and is flagged CONCORD will punish you for shooting their drones. Is this true??

I will have to try the +10 security thing to see if they put stuff in my can. These ones seemed to be a machine but smart at the same time, so I think it was at least a partially manned operation.
Jennai
Jennai

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:27:00 - [65]

you can blow up your own cans with no concord. if you can't get the hauler to flag, just blow up the ore.

-------
macro hunters - join channel MacroIntel
Jennai
Jennai
Leonard J. Crabs Legal Consortium
Bad Company.

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:27:00 - [66]

you can blow up your own cans with no concord. if you can't get the hauler to flag, just blow up the ore.
Kamui Shiro
Kamui Shiro

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:28:00 - [67]

Edited by: Kamui Shiro on 21/12/2005 09:28:59
Originally by: Wet Ferret

Some things to note:

They are smart because there is always 1 person watching them. Especially now when they know if they leave their macro's un-attended they get blown up.

Next time you try stealing their ore, have a buddy around so one of you can haul, and the other watch over the can in his combat ship. If you do that the macroer has no other choice but to either stop mining and head for another system or tell his bots to return to station when their cargo hold is full.

A kestrel cannot kill an apoc or any BS for that matter unless the BS does'nt have a repairer, then you might be able to kill it(would take long though). As for the drones.. The drones will always kill a frigate unless you fly an assault frigate. So always take a buddy along.

There was this channel you could join to give info on the macroers location so other people can help you but i forgot the name.
Kamui Shiro
Kamui Shiro
Royal Amarr Institute

Posted - 2005.12.21 09:28:00 - [68]

Edited by: Kamui Shiro on 21/12/2005 09:28:59
Originally by: Wet Ferret

Some things to note:

They are smart because there is always 1 person watching them. Especially now when they know if they leave their macro's un-attended they get blown up.

Next time you try stealing their ore, have a buddy around so one of you can haul, and the other watch over the can in his combat ship. If you do that the macroer has no other choice but to either stop mining and head for another system or tell his bots to return to station when their cargo hold is full.

A kestrel cannot kill an apoc or any BS for that matter unless the BS does'nt have a repairer, then you might be able to kill it(would take long though). As for the drones.. The drones will always kill a frigate unless you fly an assault frigate. So always take a buddy along.

There was this channel you could join to give info on the macroers location so other people can help you but i forgot the name.
Xelphior
Xelphior

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:42:00 - [69]

Just killed some in deltolle.
Guard was a megathron with 2xhamerhead drones and 425mm carbide railguns.
Pwned him in a caracal using t2 ab and t2 shield boost and passive(!) hardener (em).
proceeded to pod his ibis the following 10 minutes when he tried to leave system.

Xelphior
Xelphior
Caldari
Constructive Influence

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:42:00 - [70]

Just killed some in deltolle.
Guard was a megathron with 2xhamerhead drones and 425mm carbide railguns.
Pwned him in a caracal using t2 ab and t2 shield boost and passive(!) hardener (em).
proceeded to pod his ibis the following 10 minutes when he tried to leave system.

Xelphior
Xelphior

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:43:00 - [71]

2005.12.21 10:48

Victim: huweijian1
Alliance: None
Corp: Federal Navy Academy
Destroyed: Megathron
System: Deltole
Security: 0.5

Involved parties:

Name: Xelphior (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.1
Corp: State War Academy
Ship: Caracal
Weapon: Scourge Heavy Missile

Name: Malinaria
Security: 0.6
Corp: Dauntless Trading Corporation
Ship: Ares
Weapon: Ares

Destroyed items:

425mm Carbide Railgun I
425mm Carbide Railgun I
425mm Carbide Railgun I
200mm Railgun I
250mm Railgun I
Civilian Shield Booster I
Small Shield Booster I
Type-E Power Core Modification: Capacitor Power Relay
Basic Reactor Control Unit
Basic Capacitor Power Relay
Lead Charge L, Qty: 1558 (Cargo)
Iron Charge M, Qty: 375 (Cargo)
50mm Reinforced Nanofiber Plates I (Cargo)
Serpentis Ship Log 381038422 (Cargo)
Kapteyn Sensor Array Inhibitor I (Cargo)
Hammerhead I (Drone Bay)
Small Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Acolyte I (Cargo)
Tracking Computer I (Cargo)
Light Neutron Blaster I (Cargo)
Iron Charge M
Lead Charge L, Qty: 12
Lead Charge L, Qty: 13
Iridium Charge L, Qty: 13
Iridium Charge L, Qty: 7

2005.12.21 10:54

Destroyed: Velator

Involved parties:

Weapon: Regulated Light Electron Phase Cannon I

Destroyed items:

Tritanium (Cargo)

2005.12.21 11:00

Involved parties:

Destroyed items:

Tritanium (Cargo)
Xelphior
Xelphior
Caldari
Constructive Influence

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:43:00 - [72]

2005.12.21 10:48

Destroyed: Megathron

Involved parties:

Weapon: Ares

Destroyed items:

425mm Carbide Railgun I
425mm Carbide Railgun I
425mm Carbide Railgun I
200mm Railgun I
250mm Railgun I
Civilian Shield Booster I
Small Shield Booster I
Type-E Power Core Modification: Capacitor Power Relay
Basic Reactor Control Unit
Basic Capacitor Power Relay
Lead Charge L, Qty: 1558 (Cargo)
Iron Charge M, Qty: 375 (Cargo)
50mm Reinforced Nanofiber Plates I (Cargo)
Serpentis Ship Log 381038422 (Cargo)
Kapteyn Sensor Array Inhibitor I (Cargo)
Hammerhead I (Drone Bay)
Small Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Acolyte I (Cargo)
Tracking Computer I (Cargo)
Light Neutron Blaster I (Cargo)
Iron Charge M
Lead Charge L, Qty: 12
Lead Charge L, Qty: 13
Iridium Charge L, Qty: 13
Iridium Charge L, Qty: 7

2005.12.21 10:54

Involved parties:

Weapon: Regulated Light Electron Phase Cannon I

Destroyed items:

Tritanium (Cargo)

2005.12.21 11:00

Involved parties:

Destroyed items:

Tritanium (Cargo)
Jennai
Jennai

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:51:00 - [73]

Originally by: Kamui Shiro

they've always needed a guy watching them to fix the macro when it breaks because the hauler is stuck on a rock, a bumpageddon knocked their barges 40km off the belt, their roid is depleted, etc.

they all have laughably bad setups like the megathron above, or the ferox with 4 civ shield boosters and 2 rocket launchers that didn't know its own weapons range, or the kestrel with nothing but 3 malkuth standards and a small shield booster. a T1 cruiser should be able to kill any of their BS.

-------
Jennai
Jennai
Bad Company.

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:51:00 - [74]

Originally by: Kamui Shiro

they've always needed a guy watching them to fix the macro when it breaks because the hauler is stuck on a rock, a bumpageddon knocked their barges 40km off the belt, their roid is depleted, etc.

they all have laughably bad setups like the megathron above, or the ferox with 4 civ shield boosters and 2 rocket launchers that didn't know its own weapons range, or the kestrel with nothing but 3 malkuth standards and a small shield booster. a T1 cruiser should be able to kill any of their BS.
ToxicFire
ToxicFire

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:56:00 - [75]

Rightio. Can i just say that the biggest problem that makes eve vunerable to macro's is that its predictable. Increase randomness and it becomes alot harder. Btw all these threads about how you defeat macro'ers is providing them with material to work on the work arounds that will stop people stop macro'ers.
ToxicFire
ToxicFire
Phoenix Knights

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:56:00 - [76]

Rightio. Can i just say that the biggest problem that makes eve vunerable to macro's is that its predictable. Increase randomness and it becomes alot harder. Btw all these threads about how you defeat macro'ers is providing them with material to work on the work arounds that will stop people stop macro'ers.

Join the save Stargate SG1 Campaign Today!
http://savestargatesg1.com/
Jennai
Jennai

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:58:00 - [77]

Originally by: ToxicFire

most of them can't speak english, I doubt if they read the forums, and even if they figure out how to avoid losing haulers, we can still blow up their ore.

-------
Jennai
Jennai
Bad Company.

Posted - 2005.12.21 11:58:00 - [78]

Originally by: ToxicFire

most of them can't speak english, I doubt if they read the forums, and even if they figure out how to avoid losing haulers, we can still blow up their ore.
3rdD Dave
3rdD Dave

Posted - 2005.12.21 13:31:00 - [79]

silly idea .. couldn we just dump a load of cheap ships at the opening of a starbase effectively blocking them from entering and leaving. YEs it`ll **** of the new ppl in the system but surely a pile of cargo cans labeled in the asteroid fields and gates explainin not to use these stations might help.
3rdD Dave
3rdD Dave
Gallente
Dark Entropy
Apocalyptica.

Posted - 2005.12.21 13:31:00 - [80]

silly idea .. couldn we just dump a load of cheap ships at the opening of a starbase effectively blocking them from entering and leaving. YEs it`ll **** of the new ppl in the system but surely a pile of cargo cans labeled in the asteroid fields and gates explainin not to use these stations might help.
SilKKZ the3rd
SilKKZ the3rd

Posted - 2005.12.21 15:47:00 - [81]

This whole thread is fun, I will try my hand at killing some of them tonite. Expect me in your chat Hugo Drax.
SilKKZ the3rd
SilKKZ the3rd
Caldari
Tides of Silence
SMASH Alliance

Posted - 2005.12.21 15:47:00 - [82]

This whole thread is fun, I will try my hand at killing some of them tonite. Expect me in your chat Hugo Drax.
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:18:00 - [83]

Originally by: MysticNZ
There is one script they use and it gets updated weekly.

If CPP wished, they could identify the program. I have even sent it to them along with the script they are using to attempt to block it.

No word yet.

Hasn't penetrated very far into CCP, or the script may have been considered unworthy of forwarding. DoesnŠt sound likely though with the descriptions that ye all are giving here.

Please send the script to [email protected] with the subject "ATTN: Papa Smurf - EVE Macro". Please also attach whatever case number or whatnot you got, as I'd like to find out why the issue didn't reach me.

Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:18:00 - [84]

Originally by: MysticNZ
There is one script they use and it gets updated weekly.

If CPP wished, they could identify the program. I have even sent it to them along with the script they are using to attempt to block it.

No word yet.

Hasn't penetrated very far into CCP, or the script may have been considered unworthy of forwarding. DoesnŠt sound likely though with the descriptions that ye all are giving here.

Please send the script to [email protected] with the subject "ATTN: Papa Smurf - EVE Macro". Please also attach whatever case number or whatnot you got, as I'd like to find out why the issue didn't reach me.

Jennai
Jennai

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:29:00 - [85]

Originally by: 3rdD Dave

the dockable area around stations is very large, and dumping a crapload of ships outside will create lag and get you banned like those 4S guys or whatever who put all those shuttles in jita.

-------
Jennai
Jennai
Bad Company.

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:29:00 - [86]

Originally by: 3rdD Dave

the dockable area around stations is very large, and dumping a crapload of ships outside will create lag and get you banned like those 4S guys or whatever who put all those shuttles in jita.
mattzz
mattzz
PPN United
Against ALL Authorities

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:37:00 - [87]

There's a group of them that enjoy hanging around Tourier recently but we haven't had much luck in getting their hauler to flag. There's normally 4 barges and 2 haulers - contact me if you want some names.
Jennai
Jennai
Bad Company.

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:38:00 - [88]

Originally by: mattzz
There's a group of them that enjoy hanging around Tourier recently but we haven't had much luck in getting their hauler to flag. There's normally 4 barges and 2 haulers - contact me if you want some names.

if the hauler is GAMEY21 I killed him 3 times today so he's probably a bit paranoid now
Bagdh Dearg
Bagdh Dearg

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:40:00 - [89]

Edited by: Bagdh Dearg on 22/12/2005 00:43:36
Hehe went out in a Daredevil on Sunday. Waited till the bastard hauler had left,Went in and switched cans. then Warped out, Waited a few and warped back. Their hauler had taken from the can and I proceded to Lock him down and obliterate him in true Angel Style YARRRR!!

However i was disappointed that It didnt tell me someone had taken,But when I went back he was flashing red so I went for the kill.
Bagdh Dearg
Minmatar
Big Bird Industries

Posted - 2005.12.22 00:40:00 - [90]

Edited by: Bagdh Dearg on 22/12/2005 00:43:36
Hehe went out in a Daredevil on Sunday. Waited till the bastard hauler had left,Went in and switched cans. then Warped out, Waited a few and warped back. Their hauler had taken from the can and I proceded to Lock him down and obliterate him in true Angel Style YARRRR!!

However i was disappointed that It didnt tell me someone had taken,But when I went back he was flashing red so I went for the kill.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240503/1845
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.