|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. 15 :: one page
||Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:26:00 -
This is a good exercise for everyone that's pondering about what to do next in EVE, what to focus on, what to evolve, what to change, what to fix.
The rules are simple:
- It's a numbered, prioritized list
- It can only have 10 list items
- It can not have 1 or 2 list items, it's called a top 10 for a reason (Hint, look at the number)
- No essays or detailed designs, just short description or reasoning
- Exception of previous rule, you can link to a more detailed design or forum post.
- No other posts than a Top 10 list, we delete anything else. That includes, but is not limited to; Flames, trolls, flaming trolls, trolls with flames, criticism, constructive criticism (just do that in another thread), "/signed", any variation of "/signed", "approved", "stamped", references to the "golden ratio", the "23" or the newly coined term "fora whora".
Go for it.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:32:00 -
1. instajumps (lag)
2. local chat (free recon 4 everyone!)
3. instajumps (travel time)
4. stupid npcs (high bounty, easy to kill)
5. instajumps (automatic safety)
6. tech2 lottery (outright stupid)
7. instajumps (0.0 warfare)
8. agent missions (especially in empire)
9. instajumps (yes I bloody hate them)
10. warpcores (burn eden)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:42:00 -
Edited by: Khaldorn Murino on 08/03/2006 15:42:39
1. Dynamic Content (affects everyone, is interesting, fills eve, makes it alive)
2. Dynamic Content (explanations for in game changes - immersion)
3. Solution to Instjumps (promote more player interaction at gates without having an easy get out clause)
4. Tactical Enviroments (make space more 'alive', regional feel for space)
5. Agent Missions in the heart of Empire (level 4's being in rens having amarrian navy attack :/ Higher level missions should be in lower sec security)
6. Allow alliances more control over their sovereign territory, turning them into real mini-empires
7. Increase supply of tech 2 BPO's therefore increasing availablity of ships with higher death penalty attached also allowing more players to experience these new fangled content
8. Regular Chronicles (because there always a great read and flesh out the backstory - again make EVE more immersive)
9. Factional Warfare hopefully not turning into WOW Battlegrounds and actually being an immersive, explosive and interesting system to be a part of. So much potential for greatness and also such potential for ruining the immersion and roleplay side of EVE (scared)
10. Did i mention Dynamic Content ;)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:44:00 -
1. Instajumps (Viceroy put it rather well)
2. NPCs (Simply too profitable, and too easy)
3. T2 Lottery (Utter crap)
4. Precision missiles (Yes, you heard me)
5. Agent Missions (Hi-sec ones, at least)
6. Fix some EW issues (Current flavour of the month is to fit as much EW as possible in medslots it would seem)
7. Warp Core Stabs (Make them have some actual disadvantages)
8. More work on the scanner (Leaner UI, less scan lag)
9. Eliminate more of the shiploss lag (Losing pods to that suck)
10. Work on fixing/upgrading textures (Flickering textures on certain ships anyone?)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:47:00 -
- T2 Lottery. (It's utterly stupid, the agent's email should read "Heya! I've got a "Win Eve Free" card here for you, come collect it as soon as you can!)
- Combat balance. (Particularly the capital ships, you cannot possibly claim that they went through enough balance testing. Also, missiles are still win buttons.)
- Immersion. (This is incredibly important, I know eve is player content and so on, but there is not much "atmosphere", you can't really lose yourself in the splendor of eve)
- Racial differenciation(sp?) (Gallente taking over the old ideas of Amarr and so on)
- More reasons to play as a team. (This is not a dig at NPCing, which I think is almost fine, but there's not much point in working as a team in various fields such as production, missions, npcing etc.)
- T1 ships to be jack of all trades, T2 to be specialised. (Having t2 ships that are just t1 ships +20% is stupid, it removes the reason to fly the t1 ship and it makes the game very samey)
- Warp core stabilizers, ecm, tracking disruptors, sensor dampeners, long range damage vs short range. (Hey hey look at me I am invincible.)
- Dumb npcs. (If someone is mining in a belt, surely the NPCs would mount a larger attack on them? If you're chain spawning some spawn, wouldn't the NPCs be more intelligent and send more than the few NPCs you're chaining? This also covers things like Haulers in empire and so on, what do they do, all they do is go manually from one station to the other)
- Nubbitry - having poor attributes can severely gimp you, in addition the learning skills required for nubbits is a bit riddiculous. (We discussed this some time ago, they should start with level 4 or 3 learning skills.)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 15:52:00 -
Edited by: Cabadrin on 08/03/2006 15:55:18
- New environments to interact in - nebulae, system-wide rings, comets, etc
- New benefits of sovereignty - system-wide constructs, massive starbases
- To go along with large-scale sovereignty- Gate Sentry Guns
- To go along with large-scale sovereignty- Buildable NPCs to patrol the system
- Make all of the above destroyable or conquerable
- Factional Warfare with dynamic sovereingty changes in NPC empires
- Meaningful standings - working for the Minmatar will get you shot in Amarr space
- Reduction in T2 build times to supply the massive number of new players
- Increasing NPC difficulty in low-sec to mimic player difficulty
|Posted - 2006.03.08 16:22:00 -
2: bugged to hell and not thought trough capital ship features!
4: more frequent bug fix patches :O
5: authorise concord to kill macroers!
6: makes more "sell order" forums, as your down to page 5 after just a few hours :O
7: t2 lottery/t2 market, fix it, add more bpo's, make the bpo's not isk prints, etc etc
8: remove kill mails :S (atleast stop listing whatever crap i use on my ship when i kill someone fs!)
9: more macro killing
10: get rid of instas!
Spelling errors ahoy..
|Posted - 2006.03.08 16:36:00 -
1. Projectiles - specifically artillery - need to be made more useful. The swing towards tanking has affected them due to their relatively poor DPS.
2. Cap use on hybrids is too high.
3. Blasters and blaster ships need to be made more viable, either by making the blasters easier to fit (so the ships have an increased ability to tank) or by giving a greater incentive to use them (e.g. increasing damage and tracking either on the guns themselves or - preferably - the bonuses on the ships designed to use them).
4. Bonuses on certain ships make no sense. I'm thinking specifically of the covert ops ships here.
5. Tech II ammo needs a complete overhaul. Don't get me started on the precision missiles that have eradicated the overhaul done to missiles in the first place (thinking about effects versus frigs here).
6. Nosferatu need looking at. Reducing their effects versus smaller targets is preferable, I think.
7. ECM is overly powerful. An increase in ECCM isn't the solution, ECM itself needs looking at. On the subject of EW, an increase in the activation time on webs would make them more useful when tackling IMO.
8. Warp core stabs. Much as I hate these modules, I have no beef with ships set up specifically to get away/run. The problem is with ships that use them in PvP to avoid consequences. Increase CPU fitting, make them use cap and add a penalty that will affect PvP but not ships such as haulers (e.g. let them increase the time it takes to lock).
9. Stations need looking at, especially since being made larger. I made a post about that here.
10. Interbus. You've increased the distance between regions, which was great for creating regional hubs, but I don't want to spend forever travelling between different bases. Give us a viable means of transversing the vast universe you have created and you won't hear so many complaints when you remove instas.
One Step Further
|Posted - 2006.03.08 16:42:00 -
Edited by: Jak''ai on 08/03/2006 16:43:41
1. Exploration Content (as per ideas In Dev, make it a viable career/profession).
2. Meaningful territorial conquest/retention system (applying to both 0.0 and Empire (if working for a faction), including fortifying systems).
3. Instas (new lag-reduced method of creation/use focusing on charting/astronavigation/exploration skills).
4. Research Profession (no lottery, loose idea being similar to Research in Masters of Orion 2 - a tech tree).
5. Branding, resource-based modding and more apparent ways to tell who I'm buying my equipment from (allow manufacturers to build up regular clients that value their skill/persona, not their BPO library).
6. Customization of ships, equipment, and avatars (post-creation).
7. Follow through on storylines in reasonable timeframes (i.e. don't start prime fiction arcs without the manpower to complete/substantively progress within a few months).
8. Sub-system damage option for ships (combat outcome is currently binary, either the ship is destroyed or is repaired perfectly).
9. Real tools for 0.0 alliances to build empires (i.e. ability to increase security levels in their controlled space while giving up some benefits (like high-end ore in system)).
10. Planetary interaction, fortification and residence (MOO2 again an okay model to start from).
|Posted - 2006.03.08 16:55:00 -
Edited by: Apertotes on 08/03/2006 16:58:22
Edited by: Apertotes on 08/03/2006 16:57:32
1. Reserved for future thinking
2. Improve production and research (blending, customizing... let there be real differences between what i can build and what others can build, not only economic costs)
3. Make exploration truly enjoying and rewarding
4. Make every part of the game exciting and enjoying (come on, it is a game after all), but it doesnt mean easier or shorter ---> mining, traveling
5. Reduce lag (15 hostiles entering your grid and then not being able to do anything for 30 seconds)
6. Longer fights (but do not nerf minmatar, please )
7. Get rid of all learning skills and double the attribute points at creation. find a nice way to reimburse all those skill points
8. Let us have a one-skill-queue (same number of log ins minus one, much less probability of loosing training time why?)
9. Take the fighting out of the gates. Give us tools to stop people at midwarp between gates, planets, etc. Also give us tools to avoid them. Let the smarter pilot win.
10. Try to make PvE as similar to PvP as possible. give rats the same ships we fly. let them even pod, scramble, jam, etc. and take out those stupid invulnerable rats ----> no more PvE fittings and PvP fittings, i think that is retarded
Apertotes, the Guybrush Threepwood of New Eve
|Posted - 2006.03.08 17:19:00 -
Edited by: Tsavong Lah on 08/03/2006 17:22:35
1. Bookmark changes (reduce #, maybe have a corp BM hangar/shared BM folder, and remove instas) and buddylist changes (ties in with local - remove local and buddylists will shrink by ~75% imo)
2. WCS - chance-based? highslot? back to midslot? maybe 3 variants, one for each slot???
3. Local - delayed list? no list at all?
4. Mission environments - more new ones (ie; Tracking & explosion radius affected by nearby nebula), less "no-MWD, but 90km to gate" ones
5. T2 Lottery - allow RP to be traded for BPC.
6. More background noise - civilians, being approached in space for missions, bulletin-board like in Frontier etc
7. Contracts system & formal surrender terms to end wars
8. Factional warfare - also tie in dynamic system sec status changes and have NPC fleets fighting
9. Upgrades to Trinity, and possible early releases of higher-res ship skins (pretty please?)
10. "Flight simulator/deathmatch" service in station - fit & test a ship against a corpmate, with no risk of loss (and also no gain other than combat experience). Could even have funky retro arcade graphics (just diffeent textures of course, not a rewritten engine lol)
Death is the loss of hope, everything else is merely despair.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 17:41:00 -
1. Instajumps (change so its chance based)
2. Faction Warfare (Implement with carefull planning and many many events leading up to it)
3. Local (option to remove yourself, or go innactive)
4. More Dynamic Content! (Amarr Cosmos was a great start!)
5. T2 Lottery (More bpo's! Agent rewards with bpcs!)
6. Agents (Move higher lvl to lower sec, spread them all out! better rewards!)
7. Custom Production (ability to make specialty items, via agent rewards or other)
8. Texture fixes (Stations! and some ships)
9. Unique regional features!(Not just Empire based, but unique ore,moons,npcs,complexes, reasons to leave the hub region of each empire!)
10. Exploration Career Content(Good sugestion from Jak'ai)
For God, Empire, and Sarum!
|Posted - 2006.03.08 17:43:00 -
Edited by: Rask on 08/03/2006 17:43:48
1. Make 0.5+ space bigger and more to do in it.
2. Ability to costomize the ships we build.
3. Custom skins for ships (Optional to view, and use a bittorrent like distribution system)
4. Auction system in game.
5. Tractor beams taht move disabled drones, and longer range based on skill level.
6. non bookmark insta jumps Linkage
7. get rid of escrow, or make a search for escrows containg a item.
8. Player build outposts in Empire systems (pay taxes, but collect docking and refining fees)
9. Share exchange comision, so we can buy and sell shares in corps.
10. Capital class mining barge (0 strip miers, but 200% bonus for gang miners yield, and on board refining) usable in empire space.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 17:44:00 -
Edited by: Takitoo on 08/03/2006 17:45:36
1. Dynamic Content:
Actors running around doing EVEish things, pirate invasions into empire space, empire invasions into other empires space, CONCORD sanctioned bounty hunts, etc.
Some sort of fix to where I don't get passed by fully armed battleships fit for armor tanking when I'm approaching a gate in an Atron with an AB and some Nanofibers. Talk about gamebalance there.
3. Objects in space, that have a reason:
Some floating wreckage in systems where there's a lot of fighting, there's already some abandonded stations and such, which is pretty damn cool. But how about when you fly there you can scavenge them or something ?
4. Functional Jobs.Material Collection:
As mentioned above, scavenging abandonded wrecks and space statsions, hacking data nodes, doing survey for agent brownie points, collecting space algae samples, basically another way to collect resources and make money other than grind-fighting or mining (booooring). I hate mining.
5. Ship customization:
Might be hard on the hardware and I can see how you wouldn't want it, but I'd love to have a blood red Wolf.
6. Random Deadpsace encounters:
Can gates really function perfectly well ? Or could you get sent to left field someday to trod your way back through a spooky and utterly empty drone complex. In manual navigation 8) (doubleclick)
Great stuff, but getting old 8(
8. Racial Bonuses:
It should matter that I'm playing a Minnie and someone else is playing a Gallente. At this point other than the Avatar, there is little to no difference in terms of game experience.
They should matter. I don't see why the Serpentis would let me dock in their stations.
10. Arr Pee !
We need more of it. Simple as that.
Bacardi and Cola.
They get the job done.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 17:54:00 -
Edited by: Samuel Vimes on 08/03/2006 17:56:23
Missing exodus features mostly:
1) Divisional Wallets
2) Divisional Wallets!
3) Divisional Wallets!!
4) DIVISIONAL WALLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5) Corp managment improvements and tools
6) Wallet Export, personal and corp
7) Shares as a tradeable commodity
8) Variable Ore type respawning
9) Fully implemented tax system
10) Remove bookmarks
|Posted - 2006.03.08 18:35:00 -
1. Fix T2 Lottery (the BPC idea mentioned sounds great)
2. Fix LP rewards (Crappy offers, smuggling offers we can't realistically complete)
3. Rebalance blasters (Everyone admits they need something)
4. Remove chain spawning of NPCs (A Personal quirk of mine that I would move even higher)
5. Stop macrominers (There re pros and cons to this, but in general I think it would be healthy for the game)
6. Create a killboard using in-game info (Allow the option to opt-in to it if needed, that way if one wishes, all their kills and having been killed is a matter of pulic record, but yet still allows alliances/corps whom wish it to be secret to continue to have it be so)
7. Reduce the advanced learning skills requirements to lvl4 only, or else find a better solution to the 2 month timesink to start (Would help me get more people to play the game)
8. Put a description of each stat and its importance ingame during character creation (Anything beats throwing noobs' stats to the wind like you currentyly do)
9. Provide some incentive to those whom play on testcentre (not monitary in nature, but something to encourage people to play. Do something at any rate, I hate beta-testing your patches here on TQ)
10. Create a way to help the transition of new players into the game. They are already coming into the game at a huge disadvantage since they haven't been around forever, the least you can do is stop punishing them because they didn't jump on the eve bandwagon back in the day. (If I knew a good answer to this, I'd have already been spamming the boards with it as a suggestion :P) (Oh, and stop telling new players they aren't at a huge disadvantage because they started late, most people can smell bull**** a mile away)
|Posted - 2006.03.08 18:46:00 -
My list (from the game perspective of a player only 2 months old ...does that still make me a newbie? probably)
1) Agent Offers need reworking. The majority of offers now are simply not worth taking up. The corporate LP pool is a good idea... make your current NPC corps standing count for something more than just agent availability.
2) Smoother gradation of agent missions (increase the number of levels similar to deadpsace complexes?)
3) Find a way to deal with low sec gate ganking. (Concord fighter sweeps maybe). Biggest barrier to getting new players out into the wider game imo.
4) Fix Defender missiles or replace the skill with some sort of phalanx AMS.
5) Custom ship skins (something akin to the system used by IL2-Forgotten Battles would be great and cost almost no in-game overheads)
6) Tactical environments would be great. See next item too
7) Allow for the same mission not to be a exactly the same every time. (more random positioning of spawn groups and objectives, mix and match the npcs)
8) (From the Drawing Board) Ship subsystem targetting would be awesome. I'd really like to see that be made to work.
9) More 'use' for celestial bodies. Interactive planets and suns that actually have detrimental effects on your ship if you approach them too closely for example.
10) Newbie-ness kicking in... those are the only things I can think of right now. Oh... how about individual ship type specialisations?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
|Posted - 2006.03.08 19:03:00 -
Edited by: Johnathan Roark on 08/03/2006 19:04:39
1)Corporation Management tools
I see this as a very big limiting factor in eve right now.
2) Divisional Wallets
Its in the above list, but this is defently one of the top things needed in it.
3) Corporation Chat Improvements
This includes, but not limited to, MOTD, CEOs and Directors having colored text in chat, muting annoying members.
4) Expand the division system
More Titles, assign offices roles. The current 3 roles is very limited
5) Transaction Log for corporation wallet
Corporations need a detialed transaction log like the ones found in personal wallets.
6) Export and Import functions
Wallet, Members, Roles, Hanger invitory, standings
7) Soverty System
It still needs tweeked. Neighboring system soverty should also play a role.
8) Player built Infastructure
Outpost and starbases are a blessing, but i want more. Gates, sentries, full sized stations
9) Tier 3 BS
10) Players in NPC corporations
Corporation Management Improvement
|Posted - 2006.03.08 19:38:00 -
1. Enhance mapping/charting career when instas get nerfed. As in here and here (my proposal)
2. Sovereign system/constellation defenses and infrastructure
4. Graphics engine update
5. Gang hierarchy features
6. improve node change speed ie, fasterundock and gate jump times.
7. Bling slot
8. PvP arena environment
9. Wallet download
10. (my favorite actually) stats stats stats. Get an intern to do a daily db mine for a stat requested by players
|Posted - 2006.03.08 19:47:00 -
Prioritisation is hard ok
1. Enabling economic pvp (clearly needed enrichment and re-affirmation of the pvp-nature of the game)
2. Revisiting security and how low sec empire space works (hot topic, eve-wide)
3. instajumps (for all of viceroy's reasons)
4. deepening out the uses of sovereignty
5. revisiting "what standings can do for you !"
6. contracts and how they can make bountyhunting work
7. tweaking local and the map again
8. production and research revisited
9. assorted balancing and bugremoval acts in ships&modules
10. a weekend off for you devs
|Posted - 2006.03.08 19:54:00 -
Edited by: Mistress Suffering on 08/03/2006 19:56:07
1 +50% skill training up to server age Link
2 BPOs continually issued (slowly) in research. No cap to number of given BPOs in game (thus no monopoly).
3 Implants drop like modules when pod destroyed Link
4 CCP supported official killboard
5 Reverse engineering
6 Faction ships more accessible (they're cool, let's use them more widely)
7 More support for large fleet battles
8 Additional ships (I love new ships)
9 Better balance on agent offers
10 ECM balancing
|Posted - 2006.03.08 20:10:00 -
Edited by: Blitz Hacker on 08/03/2006 20:11:30
1: Planet Colonization (Yes space has alot more to 'expand' however alot of non sci-fi players might make use of planet-side gaming)
2: Character Specialization (More ways to custom enhance your character; not same skill sets or ship layouts)
3: Factional Warfare (Besides Kali; Low/High sec ships for align restrictions anyone?)
4: Improvements to Current production BPO's (99% of tech1 production is 'junk' when all drop loot is easier to get and just plain 'better', same when we start seeing tech2 named drops)
5: In-game VoIP (Shouldn't lag servers out if done client-client)
6: Graphics overhaul (Art is nice but getting very dated/old fast)
7: Extencive ingame tutorial (Face it; it still sux. Take a user from a normal mmo drop him in eve they get confused and overwhelmed.. -uninstall-)
8: New things to do (Both mining/fighting. Planet ring mining; attacking different npcs in space.. You can only mine/fight same rats for so long)
9: Web based 'My-eve' skill changing (We can't always be 'there' to swap over a skill; if yer at a friends house downloading the 500+ meg client to swap a skill is redicuious; just something on the my-eve website)
10: Racial Differences (aside from avatar; hybrid/proj/lazers; different stats; dif texture/graphic same stuff, something unique per race would be nice (like missiles for caldari)
There are 10 types of people in life;
Those who know binary;
Those who don't.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 20:56:00 -
- Make factional warfare exciting and immersive (i.e. not an exercise in medal or ranking farming etc.).
- Make high/low standings have meaningful rewards and consequences.
- Make bounty hunting a viable career path, e.g. make kill rights transferable.
- Make T2 BPOs something that can be worked for rather than a matter of chance.
- Reverse engineering.
- A research skill that has a chance of improving the item produced by the BPO and then effectively turns the BPO into a BPC, i.e. limited runs and uncopyable.
- Resist any and all temptation to introduce an in-game kill board and/or ranking system.
- Remove kill mails, or at most have a list of involved parties mailed to the victim only.
- Revamp the textures and models of the older ships.
- Industrial sabotage/espionage.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:10:00 -
* 1) Hidden complexes / Exploration
* 2) Small Freighter
* 3) Sort out EvE Item Database. Missing links, Incorrect info, Can't search for Faction loot
* 4) Get rid of deliveries hanger. Have a corp wide setting to say which hanger deliveries are plonked in
The rest isn't important but is worth mentionning
* 5) Do something with ORE, Interbus and the rest
* 6) Ammatarr and Khanid Faction Ships
* 7) Planetary Interaction = Station on a planet
* 8) Let Alliances name systems they have soveriegnty over
* 9) Bonds, Banks, Loans, Bills, Contracts, Invoices. Anything to let corps raise capital without shares
* 10) Belts and Rings (mining changes)
Spoon Thumb - I can scoop ice cream with my thumbs!
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:16:00 -
Some of these things are planned with Kali, which only makes me happy. :)
1) Find a bookmark/insta solution.
2) Kill all macrominers (I know, I know... hey, one can hope).
3) Module and ship customization.
4) Use of planets.
5) Remote container management.
6) Clean up escrow.
7) More uses for Research Points. Might tie in with number 3.
8) Single-player anchorable structures.
9) Deadlier rogue drone complexes.
10) More influence on the choice of storyline agent.
Do you have a solution to the BM and instas problem? Test it against the bookmark requirements.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:35:00 -
Edited by: Joshua Foiritain on 08/03/2006 23:36:22
2) Local Chat
3) More tactical PVP
4) Alliances, Sov & 0.0 improvents
5) Star Base/Outpost/Station additions
6) fixing t2.
7) Faction warfare
8) More interaction with NPC factions, more use for standings other then just better agents.
9) REAL titans in which you can dock, refine, repair, refit and do station stuff.
10) Corporation Management improvements
[Coreli Corporation Mainframe]
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:37:00 -
1. Bookmarks and their role/use within EVE (insta's, safespots, copying)
2. Warp Core Stabilisers (no noticeble downsides)
3. User Interface (customisability, redesign to be ergonomic)
4. System scanning (speed, range, probes, upgrades)
5. Enviroments (Jita is a busy system, so why are the only interactable items stargates, stations and some spheres in space (planets/moons)?)
6. Tech 2 ammo and its penalties (some are well balanced, others are, uhm, nuts)
7. Electronic Warfare (ships using one multispec, simply because they have a spare midslot)
8. Tech 2 ships and their roles (do many people actually use logistics ships?)
9. Implants and training times (1's and 2's are relatively worthless, 3's are nice, but what about those fabled db entries for +6's and 7's?)
It's your turn to die.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:46:00 -
1) Replace T2 lottery with something sensible
2) Tier 3 battleships
3) System for team missions
4) Player made missions (probably close to the contracts idea)
5) More involved manufacturing process. Customizations (stats wise, not visual), stuff like that
6) Make solar systems look and feel more interesting. not sure how though
7) Gang formations or at least more options to guide a gang as a gang leader
8) dynamically changing system security ratings in border systems based on pirate activity, wars, etc.
9) close down high sec systems for advanced players except for trading and travelling. leave 1.0 to the noobs...
10) more beer
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:49:00 -
Edited by: Gaven Lok''ri on 08/03/2006 23:49:40
1. More regular updates on what is happening in the empires in news.
2. Plot arcs that play themselves out either in a reasonable amount of time or with a reasonable about of news why they are takeing so long (Amarr Emp, Gallente Elections)
3. Faction standings to be based on more than missions. Empires characters should be able to set faction standing based on politics as well as haveing it be based on missions.
4. Faction standings meaning more than they do. Either larger police fleets or concequences such as not being able to dock in stations that hate you.
5. Instas to be fixed.
6. Move level 4 agents out of high sec and into fringes.
7. More chronicles would be nice, but not as nice as more frequent news reports on the Empires internal issues... can we have both?
8. Develop the NPCs characters more: Have little pieces on what 'insert NPC' thinks about 'insert issue' so that the NPCs actually become characters worth careing about.
9. More plot arcs and events like the current tetrimon one, which are more about the roleplay than killing a few ships for loot.
10. EW still could use some work as a whole.
God is with us.
|Posted - 2006.03.08 23:51:00 -
Hoo boy... Top Ten list you say? Also from a relatively new standpoint:
1) New Ships!! No need to think up new ship roles unless you wanted to add a Skiff, Corvette, Pocket Battleship or Picket Cruiser (think defender platform with sophisticated EW), why not add manufacturer specific ships or alternative models for T1 ships.
2) More immersive elements! Why not have interactive eve-mails issued by families or corporations that have tasks associated with them. They could be anything from board elections to requests for help... stuff real life people have to deal with that will help draw people into the game more...
3) More ship details (A) Selectable or earnable skins for ships. People want to be able to customize their ship. It makes sense. We all customize out Avatar to what we like for a reason, please give us the same freedom with our ships?
4) More ship details (B) I don't think this will come along becuase of the lag issue everyone talks about, but I wouldn't mind seeing more details put into the ship models, like moving parts, lights and particle effects. Also have a toggle in graphic settings to turn the details on and off.
5) More agent missions and variety of missions. Create regional missions with sweeping effects, like pirate fleets trying to sabotage stations or deadspace mining operations. Also, maybe have pirate agencies issue missions against empire targets?
6) A Dynamic environment... have empires destroy some stations. Have them blockade systems, get fleets of them moving around in the universe. It'd be sweet as all get out to see a pack of navy Apocs and Prophecies moving to a gate for a jump. I think, as a background effect, having the various faction fleets roaming around would add to the universe's appeal
7) Space Monkeys!!!!!
8) More Billboards, with player advertisments outside of stations.
9) New Environments to play around in (like the sticky post)
10) CCP moderated In-game events. I'd love to see a jovian fleet every once in a while, or some sansha out on a hit mission. Mebbe some Angels out for revenge.
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. 15 :: one page
|First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page