Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:o7 premieres this Thursday

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
CCP Guard
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.09.23 18:34:00 - [1] - Quote

Hello space friends!

Like I mentioned on the ATXII stream on the final weekend we've been making a home for our studio within a studio here in Reykjav+¡k and working on putting together a new show about EVE Online.

The show will premiere on September 25 at 20:00 UTC and has been dubbed 'o7'

We want to give a look at what we're doing as well as shining a light on some of the things you guys are doing. I won't give too much away about the content, you just have to tune in and find out ;).

Look forward to seeing you all on Twitch chat on Thursday!

News item
CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer |-á@CCP_Guard
alpha36
alpha36
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.09.23 18:35:00 - [2] - Quote

That cropping really bothers me

Cant wait to watch though Smile
Darkblad
Darkblad
Hilfe is like free Entertainment

Posted - 2014.09.23 18:45:00 - [3] - Quote

the Twitch channel also could get updated then.
EVE Infolinks -+-áOld and new-áPortraits
Priscilla Project
Priscilla Project
Custom Clothing Productions

Posted - 2014.09.23 19:03:00 - [4] - Quote

Will there be por.......
.... nevermind.

;)
- soon -
Schmata Bastanold
Schmata Bastanold
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2014.09.23 19:46:00 - [5] - Quote

Geezus, twitch again. Can't you just have some streaming page in your own server, something that allows me to watch you without a need to install frakking flash and go to websites I have no need to go otherwise?
Invalid signature format
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2014.09.23 21:04:00 - [6] - Quote

AW YEAH!! Big smile

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2014.09.23 21:14:00 - [7] - Quote

Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Geezus, twitch again. Can't you just have some streaming page in your own server, something that allows me to watch you without a need to install frakking flash and go to websites I have no need to go otherwise?

Live streaming to potentially tens of thousands of viewers requires extensive dedicated tech infrastructure, far more complex than having a "streaming page in your own server". Even if there were a good plugin-less way to stream live video into your page (hint: there isn't), your server still needs to deliver the data to each viewer's browser.

Suppose each viewer is downloading video at a (fairly modest, HD would be much higher) 3 Mbps. 20,000 users sum up to 60,000 Mbps, or 7.5 GB/s of outgoing data from said server. The fastest a common server can pump out data is 10 Gbps (1 Gbps if you're not rich), or 1.25 GB/s transfer speeds. Even if a server could handle 20,000 simultaneous connections, and buffering/manipulating the data in order to serve 7.5 GB/s of it (already a very, very generous assumption), it literally could not push it into the network quickly enough. This is why CDNs and other similar setups are common for content that a lot of people load at the same time.

Of course, then there's the code required behind the scenes to make such a system work.

Do you really want CCP to spend enormous amounts of money, time, and personnel into implementing something like this, costing resources that would have to be drawn from the community, Eve, and other projects? Or... should they use a 3rd party setup like Twitch, which already has a system in place that is far more robust than anything CCP can hope to build on their own, at the price of slight inconvenience to the viewers? I'm sure CCP have done that cost/benefit calculation already.

That said... woo! o7!
ISD LackOfFaith
Captain
Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)
Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.
Anslo
Anslo
Scope Works

Posted - 2014.09.23 21:29:00 - [8] - Quote

uw0tm8
ISD Ezwal
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2014.09.23 21:50:00 - [9] - Quote

Priscilla Project wrote:
Will there be por.......
Of course there will. Maybe not the sort you might think of though.....Blink

ISD Ezwal
Vice Admiral
Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)
Interstellar Services Department
kidkoma
kidkoma
Catastrophic Overview Failure
Brave Collective

Posted - 2014.09.23 21:54:00 - [10] - Quote

Is this a pants on event?
Schmata Bastanold
Schmata Bastanold
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2014.09.23 22:38:00 - [11] - Quote

ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
showed me where my place is...

Yep, to be frakking honest I would love CCP to provide full service. Game client that is all you need to play the game and website that is one point stop to get everything about the game. Will it ever happen? I don't think so. Do I have to like it? Nope.
Invalid signature format
Hiasa Kite
Hiasa Kite
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2014.09.23 23:36:00 - [12] - Quote

o7 my twisted EVE brethren, o7!
Ralph King-Griffin
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2014.09.24 10:22:00 - [13] - Quote

Can I bring my drake?
=]I[=
Sexy Cakes
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat

Posted - 2014.09.24 11:33:00 - [14] - Quote

alpha36 wrote:

Indeed. Don't crop off the bottom of the o7 m8.
Not today spaghetti.
Solecist Project
Solecist Project
I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Posted - 2014.09.24 11:57:00 - [15] - Quote

Schmata Bastanold wrote:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
showed me where my place is...

Yep, to be frakking honest I would love CCP to provide *full service*.

Your words...
... my mind ................ lol
Custom Clothing Productions proudly donated prices to the
New Eden Capsuleer Writing Contest! (InCharacter only!)
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5046531#post5046531
Benny Ohu
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility

Posted - 2014.09.24 12:11:00 - [16] - Quote

is this the mission fleet whose comms are we using
Ruskarn Andedare
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments

Posted - 2014.09.24 17:02:00 - [17] - Quote

Benny Ohu wrote:

EVE Voice - couldn't agree on a server
Benny Ohu
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility

Posted - 2014.09.24 17:34:00 - [18] - Quote

Ruskarn Andedare wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

EVE Voice - couldn't agree on a server

i went the into highsec because of autopilot settings can the fleet wait for me

x harbinger, thirteen jumps out

Sexy Cakes wrote:
alpha36 wrote:

Indeed. Don't crop off the bottom of the o7 m8.

reckon the cropping's got something to do with the trademark there
Chribba
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire

Posted - 2014.09.24 20:41:00 - [19] - Quote

Whoo more friendships!
GÿàGÿàGÿà Secure 3rd party service GÿàGÿàGÿà
Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'
Twitter @Chribba
RenoIdo
RenoIdo
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2014.09.24 21:40:00 - [20] - Quote

I hope you shine some light on what you're doing on fixing the constant daily disconnects, and share some of our experiences loosing ships to it every day.
Schmata Bastanold
Schmata Bastanold
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2014.09.24 21:46:00 - [21] - Quote

Dude, you are not supposed to actually play every day, it's only marketing mumbo jumbo. Take a hint, play skill queue online.
Invalid signature format
Remiel Pollard
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries

Posted - 2014.09.24 21:46:00 - [22] - Quote

RenoIdo wrote:
I hope you shine some light on what you're doing on fixing the constant daily disconnects, and share some of our experiences loosing ships to it every day.

If your ships are getting loose, I can only recommend feeding them better, they might prefer to stick around that way.
GÇ£Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'.
Jam those ones first, and kill them last.GÇ¥
- Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104
Crumplecorn
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations

Posted - 2014.09.25 01:28:00 - [23] - Quote

Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Literally watching twitch in a browser. Disgusting.

ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Live streaming to potentially tens of thousands of viewers requires extensive dedicated tech infrastructure, far more complex than having a "streaming page in your own server".
It certainly does, Twitch being a great case study of what happens when you don't have that infrastructure.
[witty image] - Stream
Schmata Bastanold
Schmata Bastanold
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2014.09.25 05:32:00 - [24] - Quote

Crumplecorn wrote:

Is that thingy doing what I think it's doing?
And no flash or other sh!t?

Woohoo \o/

Invalid signature format
CCP Guard
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2014.09.25 10:24:00 - [25] - Quote

Still time to join the party and win that Collector's Edition on tonight's show :)

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer |-á@CCP_Guard
Kousaka Otsu Shigure
Kousaka Otsu Shigure
Cora Relics and Antiquities

Posted - 2014.09.25 12:32:00 - [26] - Quote

CCP Guard wrote:
Still time to join the party and win that Collector's Edition on tonight's show :)

Waaaaaiit waaaaaiiit!

*checks time*

Ah bummer...
marVLs
marVLs

Posted - 2014.09.25 13:44:00 - [27] - Quote

Can't w8 for it, love Your shows CCP, but You need to advertise those programs more (like in new notification thingy)
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2014.09.25 19:17:00 - [28] - Quote

Huh... what's the name of the show? "O-Seven"? "Zero-Seven"? "Oz" (as in "the wizard of...")? "We salute you"?
The Greater Fool Baris now open for business, 24/7. Come and have drinks and fun somewhere between RL and New Eden!-áIngame chat channel: The Greater Fool Bar
Lady Spank
Lady Spank
The Intaki Ladies Deep Space Astrogation Auxiliary

Posted - 2014.09.25 20:06:00 - [29] - Quote

Shouldn't this be on right now? No sign of life so far!

EDIT: Spoke too soon ShockedOopsP
(a¦á_a¦â) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (a¦á_a¦â)
Schmata Bastanold
Schmata Bastanold
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2014.09.25 20:50:00 - [30] - Quote

Nice show and thanks to Livestreamer I was able to watch it without even going to twitch website and wait out lags and glitches and what's most important: no frakking flash.

Thanks Crumplecorn for that linky.
Invalid signature format

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240328/1703
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.