Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Calling All EVE Online Filmmakers: Show What Makes EVE Uni...

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
StarFleetCommander
StarFleetCommander
V0LTA
Triumvirate.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.12.04 21:12:03 - [31] - Quote

Sounds like a challenge
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2014.12.04 22:12:36 - [32] - Quote

Moor Deybe wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
last tribe wrote:
What about us Americans? =( I wish to enter too......

Did I miss something that restricts countries?
I think the use of the flags to represent the language is possibly confusing people who might be looking for their flag. i.e. the Union Jack is used to represent the English language, which seems reasonable to me as that's where it originated. Big smile

I wrote the article, and I'm British!

Sue me! Lol

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Kirito Litvyak
Kirito Litvyak
Random inactiva corporation

Posted - 2014.12.04 22:41:55 - [33] - Quote

I nominate Pyrion Flax's guide to Playing Eve Online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkzv-3vJn4w

One of the most accurate recreations of EVE Online.
Sleeper King
Sleeper King
Perkone
Caldari State

Posted - 2014.12.05 00:23:19 - [34] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Moor Deybe wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
last tribe wrote:

I think the use of the flags to represent the language is possibly confusing people who might be looking for their flag. i.e. the Union Jack is used to represent the English language, which seems reasonable to me as that's where it originated. Big smile

Sue me! Lol

Xorth Adimus
Xorth Adimus
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2014.12.05 01:12:55 - [35] - Quote

No goddam Lamb of God?

WTF is this, now how the hell am I going to make a video without some decent f^&*'n metal?
Pestilen Ratte
Pestilen Ratte
Artimus Ratte

Posted - 2014.12.05 04:14:30 - [36] - Quote

Night258Hawk wrote:

GÇ£This is EVEGÇ¥ Trailer Contest Rules:

• You must be 18 years old or older to win.

• Why is there an age limit? I am 16 but I would really like to take part in this competition :)

Yeah, I agree. Why are the young folks banned from this? It makes no sense.

Young folks have huge energy, tech skills and an instinctive feeling for what just sucks.

In fact, I would back the under 18 crowd to make better videos than the older players.

This rule seems pretty unfair and counter productive.
    Marlona Sky
    Marlona Sky
    D00M.
    Northern Coalition.

Posted - 2014.12.05 04:47:52 - [37] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

• All videos must end with credits that include the real and in-game names for everyone who helped create the trailer.

• I can't help but ask for some clarification here. CCP, are you saying there is no way to enter this contest without revealing our real life names?

The Paradox

Pestilen Ratte
    Pestilen Ratte
    Artimus Ratte

Posted - 2014.12.05 05:02:16 - [38] - Quote

Lors Dornick wrote:
    Night258Hawk wrote:

• Why is there an age limit? I am 16 but I would really like to take part in this competition :)

Most likely because you'll have to sign a legal agreement with CCP for them to be able to use it.
    And at 16 you can't enter a legal agreement in most countries.

The solution is to have a legal guardian officially take part.

I didn't see this earlier.

I think it is important to remember that lawyers outside theocratic jurisdictions don't give advice on how everyone must live. All lawyers can do in modern jurisdictions is assess commercial risk and predict outcomes in civil disputes or cases of regulatory infringement.

Considering the context here, a handshake agreement with young adults is almost certainly not going to result in a scenario where CCP faces any kind of commercial loss. Nor is there any obvious case for civil liability on either side. I don't know Icelandic law, but I doubt it includes prohibitions on young adults sharing their IP with others if they wish to do so. That would be a hard one to police, if you think about it.

So, take everything all around, CCP need to balance negligible commercial risk of civil litigation from a vexatious litigant against the very real risk of being perceived, by their customer base, as a paranoid organization who leadership squeals in fright every time general counsel make their sad face.

To each their own commercial strategy in this world, but my counsel would be to do a handshake deal with the kids and keep things dignified, and to hold off on shooting the IP puppy until it bites someone.
    Orion Mintaka
    Orion Mintaka
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2014.12.05 06:22:41 - [39] - Quote

Pestilen Ratte wrote:
    Lors Dornick wrote:
    Night258Hawk wrote:

Most likely because you'll have to sign a legal agreement with CCP for them to be able to use it.

I didn't see this earlier.

I think it is important to remember that lawyers outside theocratic jurisdictions don't give advice on how everyone must live. All lawyers can do in modern jurisdictions is assess commercial risk and predict outcomes in civil disputes or cases of regulatory infringement.

Considering the context here, a handshake agreement with young adults is almost certainly not going to result in a scenario where CCP faces any kind of commercial loss. Nor is there any obvious case for civil liability on either side. I don't know Icelandic law, but I doubt it includes prohibitions on young adults sharing their IP with others if they wish to do so. That would be a hard one to police, if you think about it.

So, take everything all around, CCP need to balance negligible commercial risk of civil litigation from a vexatious litigant against the very real risk of being perceived, by their customer base, as a paranoid organization who leadership squeals in fright every time general counsel make their sad face.

To each their own commercial strategy in this world, but my counsel would be to do a handshake deal with the kids and keep things dignified, and to hold off on shooting the IP puppy until it bites someone.

Dude, just ask your mom. Christ, it's not that hard.
    flaming phantom
    flaming phantom
    T.R.I.A.D
    Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2014.12.05 17:14:41 - [40] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
    Moor Deybe wrote:
    Marlona Sky wrote:
    last tribe wrote:

Sue me! Lol

My lawyer will be contacting yours soon Blink

All great men have mustaches

Primary This Rifter
    Primary This Rifter
    4S Corporation
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2014.12.05 18:52:38 - [41] - Quote

Real names? lol no, **** that.
    Good luck with your contest. Hopefully you'll have more entries than prizes.

Alt of [redacted on advice from a reputable internet spaceships lawyer]

M Pippin
    M Pippin
    Angels of Ptah

Posted - 2014.12.05 20:51:21 - [42] - Quote

http://youtu.be/cfALAEfywIM

Not mine but wanted to share.
    Night258Hawk
    Night258Hawk
    Cause For Concern
    Ineluctable.

Posted - 2014.12.05 21:14:45 - [43] - Quote

A question to CCP Falcon:

If I'm 16 years old but I still want to take part and submit my trailer, can I have my parents sign the legal agreement so that you can use/show my trailer or is there no possible way for me to enter?
    Alexa Machavela
    Alexa Machavela
    Bat Country
    Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2014.12.06 05:52:21 - [44] - Quote

Orion Mintaka wrote:
    Pestilen Ratte wrote:
    Lors Dornick wrote:
    Night258Hawk wrote:

...hold off on shooting the IP puppy until it bites someone.

Dude, just ask your mom. Christ, it's not that hard.

CCP can either:

Not put an age requirement in the rules and *hope* that no legal issues come up

OR

Do like just about every other company holding a contest and list an age requirement of 18, assuming anyone younger will have at least one legal guardian.

Agreed, it's not that hard.

Wait, we can't stop here, this is Bat Country

-Nulli

Delt0r Garsk
    Delt0r Garsk
    Shits N Giggles

Posted - 2014.12.06 11:04:38 - [45] - Quote

I have lots of fraps.. but its hardly "trailer quality".....

But looking forward to what comes out of this.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Scheulagh Santorine
    Scheulagh Santorine
    The Math Department

Posted - 2014.12.06 15:32:08 - [46] - Quote

Dear Contest Organizers,

Based on my experiences, the thing that makes EVE unique is not most easily expressed in a video. Therefore I will be making a written submission, just as soon as I clean up the introduction and finish some of these appendices. Thank you.

Regards,

S. Santorine

============================== I used to shoot things. Now I do math.

S. Santorine

Writings on some formal methods in EvE-OnlineShip Motion in EVE Online

Terraj Oknatis
    Terraj Oknatis
    Perkone
    Caldari State

Posted - 2014.12.07 12:40:45 - [47] - Quote

A few issues with this I have,

Firstly, A lot of these prizes don't really make sense. Lets say Corporation X collaborates on a video and there are say 6 people who help bring it together. How the hell are you going to split only 3 copies of the collector Edition or Adobe creative cloud. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a per person involved prize? Each member should get one of these. Then split 100 plex, I guess thats fine.

Secondly, why do you have to give your real name if all they really need is your account name. All these prizes only really require a mailing address and an account. Just require that you log in and post it on forum that way it is clear who the video came from.

Thirdly, why do you have to be at fan fest to win? Couldn't you do a skype call on the big screen to accept the prize? Alot of us live very far away from Iceland and or don't have enough money to fly over there. I would love to go but I know that will probably never happen with life and everything.

Lastly, I would love to see how Uncle Sam is going to tax 100 plexes and a free subscription to an Adobe product. What are they going to do concorde me on my way to work?
    Delt0r Garsk
    Delt0r Garsk
    Shits N Giggles

Posted - 2014.12.07 13:11:16 - [48] - Quote

I think you need to read the rules again. You don't need to be at fanfest. It says that explicitly.

As for real names? Do you really think your anonymous here? Really? And what use a Credit card to pay?

Fact is you can't enter into a legal contract with a imaginary person. You need to be real, ie real names.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Mr Epeen
    Mr Epeen
    It's All About Me

Posted - 2014.12.07 16:12:11 - [49] - Quote

*Sigh*

Guys, guys, guys. If you don't like the rules, don't submit a video.

Is there anything people won't complain about in here? Personally, I blame the nineties. God damn millennials and there rabid entitlement.

Mr Epeen Cool

There are 86,400 seconds in a day. You just saved one of them by typing 'u' instead of 'you'.-á Congratulations, dumbass!

Alphae
    Alphae
    Blue Republic
    RvB - BLUE Republic

Posted - 2014.12.08 18:53:16 - [50] - Quote

Hi, very interesting, couple of questions though :

1. Can I use the EVE models/textures imported from TriExporter and rework them in After Effects (ie. customized paint job, decals, added fx) ?
    2. Can I use Post processing effects such as camera wiggle, motion blur etc ?
    3. In what extent do I need to collect people names ? I will be the only one working on it : camera work, editing, post process etc, though my corporation comrades are active part of the video since they are the subject matter. Though, there will be no "organized shots" (only real in-game combats + post process shots made by me with CCP assets in third party software)
    4. I planning to make a vid for my corp, so it will contain some kind of propaganda about it, but with the feel of "This is EVE" trailer. Are these kind of videos accepted, or should it be more a global view of the EVE universe.

o7
    DuffmanTT
    DuffmanTT
    Lock'n'Point
    Warp to Cyno.

Posted - 2014.12.09 13:32:43 - [51] - Quote

This is my entry! 'We are Capsuleers'
    Delt0r Garsk
    Delt0r Garsk
    Shits N Giggles

Posted - 2014.12.09 13:55:08 - [52] - Quote

Alphae wrote:
    Hi, very interesting, couple of questions though :

1. Can I use the EVE models/textures imported from TriExporter and rework them in After Effects (ie. customized paint job, decals, added fx) ?
    2. Can I use Post processing effects such as camera wiggle, motion blur etc ?
    3. In what extent do I need to collect people names ? I will be the only one working on it : camera work, editing, post process etc, though my corporation comrades are active part of the video since they are the subject matter. Though, there will be no "organized shots" (only real in-game combats + post process shots made by me with CCP assets in third party software)
    4. I planning to make a vid for my corp, so it will contain some kind of propaganda about it, but with the feel of "This is EVE" trailer. Are these kind of videos accepted, or should it be more a global view of the EVE universe.

o7

Very interested in some of these answers. esp 3. Since i may end up getting help from quite a few people, but not a lot of help.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Mr Gus
    Mr Gus
    Egg separator cooperative

Posted - 2014.12.09 17:56:33 - [53] - Quote

ccp make it unic is no have doer so lacy corp on all universe
    Yonis Kador
    Yonis Kador
    KADORCORP

Posted - 2014.12.09 21:53:58 - [54] - Quote

Sleeper King wrote:

Now you've gone and done it... Don't encourage us Americans to initiate law suites...
    We'll sue McDonalds for making our coffee too hot... Honda for making seat-belts too hard to open under water while intoxicated... And win!

Not empty quoting.

Just a few months ago, a 59 year-old gentleman sued McDonalds for the mental anguish suffered through receiving but one napkin with his order.

He wants 1.5 million.

There's many excellent video editors in our community so I hope this contest is a success. The prizes are attractive.

YK
    jyppy
    jyppy
    Perkone
    Caldari State

Posted - 2014.12.10 22:32:40 - [55] - Quote

John Caffeine wrote:
    We're not making a video.

No doubt anything you entered would have been something to behold.

I am utterly delighted you won't be signing up to this.

'I don't want to be a puffin'

Faymm
    Faymm
    Scrublords Inc.

Posted - 2014.12.10 22:46:11 - [56] - Quote

Night258Hawk wrote:

I'm 16 aswel and would really like to enter, oh well that's quite a bummer :/
    Belial Darksoul
    Belial Darksoul
    United Space Collective Exploration

Posted - 2014.12.11 04:16:55 - [57] - Quote

i like making video's....not that type Lol

i'd like to participate but being a solo Miner/PI/Manufacturer, all i'd have is me pointing at something and jumping up and down when something goes wrong, or just literally no combat.....which is fun.

also not too keen sharing my real name with everyone, i know CCP already know [due to subbing etc] but just not keen on the idea, 100 plex sure does sound nice though.

good luck with this.

Delt0r Garsk
    Delt0r Garsk
    Shits N Giggles

Posted - 2014.12.11 08:18:01 - [58] - Quote

I would take literally 5 mins of nothing more fancy than using google to work out your real name.

I won't do it, and if i did i wouldn't post the result. But this idea that because you used a fake name on a web page or video game your somehow anonymous is a myth. It was myth back when the internet started and it is even more or a myth now.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Super General
    Super General
    Fleet Coordination Commission
    Fleet Coordination Coalition

Posted - 2014.12.11 18:24:18 - [59] - Quote

Oooh this looks like it's going to fun to try for :>
    RadioBANITA
    RadioBANITA
    ETANOL Corporation
    Circle-Of-Two

Posted - 2014.12.12 14:25:19 - [60] - Quote

Will there be a paplink for participation in this ****?

ETANOL Corporation ==>   http://etanol.tk <==

Zapraszamy polskich graczy w nasze szeregi.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
    First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,13s, ref 20240423/1105
    EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.