Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Rainiela
Rainiela

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.10.20 04:31:00 - [1]

Edited by: Rainiela on 22/10/2003 01:49:31

The ability to paint your ship

You can sell different paints on the market.
Corporate colours would be awesome for PVP and look great. Some people may even find a new SKILL as artist for ships. Would be even more fun to paint your new Corporate StationVery Happy

Rainiela
Rainiela
Rainiela

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.10.20 04:31:00 - [2]

Edited by: Rainiela on 22/10/2003 01:49:31

Corporate colours would be awesome for PVP and look great. Some people may even find a new SKILL as artist for ships. Would be even more fun to paint your new Corporate StationVery Happy

Rainiela
Troubie
Troubie

Posted - 2003.10.22 01:48:00 - [3]

Corporate colours would be awesome for PVP and look great. Some people may even find a new SKILL as artist for ships. Would be even more fun to paint your new Corporate Station

I think that this is a great idea. I would love to have a Pink Moa.

I would also do murals for people on ships and sell them as works of art.

Troubie
Troubie

Posted - 2003.10.22 01:48:00 - [4]

Corporate colours would be awesome for PVP and look great. Some people may even find a new SKILL as artist for ships. Would be even more fun to paint your new Corporate Station

I think that this is a great idea. I would love to have a Pink Moa.

I would also do murals for people on ships and sell them as works of art.

voogru
voogru

Posted - 2003.10.22 03:53:00 - [5]

Quote:
I would love to have a Pink Moa

Shocked

Painted ships would be nice, but right now Id rather see custom corp logo's (like the nice and fancy NPC logo's).
-------
Your 425mm Prototype I Gauss Gun perfectly strikes Guardian Enforcer, wrecking for 827.3 damage.
voogru
voogru
Gallente
Massive Damage

Posted - 2003.10.22 03:53:00 - [6]

Quote:
I would love to have a Pink Moa

Shocked

Painted ships would be nice, but right now Id rather see custom corp logo's (like the nice and fancy NPC logo's).
Xeno Khann
Xeno Khann

Posted - 2003.10.22 17:51:00 - [7]

I was thinking about posting this topic to. I think its a great idea. I came from Earth and Beyond and they have the ability to customize the colors of your ships there. I believe it would give a deaper sense of individuality or unity as some here said with the corp colors.Smile

"I am a young, attactive, Minmatar male and... Wait this isn't the Find-A-Date Forums!!!" ~Xeno Khann
Xeno Khann
Xeno Khann
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2003.10.22 17:51:00 - [8]

I was thinking about posting this topic to. I think its a great idea. I came from Earth and Beyond and they have the ability to customize the colors of your ships there. I believe it would give a deaper sense of individuality or unity as some here said with the corp colors.Smile

"I am a young, attactive, Minmatar male and... Wait this isn't the Find-A-Date Forums!!!" ~Xeno Khann
akemi
akemi

Posted - 2003.10.22 20:36:00 - [9]

I think this is a cool idea also, but i'm not sure how practical it would be.

Homeworld 2 from Sierra, allows you to customize ship colors and add squad badges.

It diffenately adds a personnal element to the game. Corp badges on the ships along with custom paint jobs would be sweet.

- ak

FFXI ROXORZ UR BOXORZ

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?24650
akemi
akemi
Viziam

Posted - 2003.10.22 20:36:00 - [10]

I think this is a cool idea also, but i'm not sure how practical it would be.

Homeworld 2 from Sierra, allows you to customize ship colors and add squad badges.

It diffenately adds a personnal element to the game. Corp badges on the ships along with custom paint jobs would be sweet.

- ak

FFXI ROXORZ UR BOXORZ

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?24650
Scott Grady
Scott Grady

Posted - 2003.10.22 20:50:00 - [11]

I also think this would be very cool. Adding a custom color, and corp logos would be very cool. I also think that we should be able to upload our own corp logos to use, because I spent an hour and a half getting my corp's logo JUST right for the website, but I can't even use it in-game. Sad
----------------------------------
"I am too connected to you to,
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you,
Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me."

- TOOL, H
Scott Grady
Scott Grady
Caldari
Wings of Redemption

Posted - 2003.10.22 20:50:00 - [12]

I also think this would be very cool. Adding a custom color, and corp logos would be very cool. I also think that we should be able to upload our own corp logos to use, because I spent an hour and a half getting my corp's logo JUST right for the website, but I can't even use it in-game. Sad
----------------------------------
"I am too connected to you to,
Slip away, to fade away.
Days away I still feel you,
Touching me, changing me,
And considerately killing me."

- TOOL, H
Luna Black
Luna Black

Posted - 2003.10.24 10:36:00 - [13]

I agree it would ad a touch of individuality and also give Corps a very recognizable image in the game its self. Making the ships seen as you fly around part of various alligences. Just as the chaacters are very custum it would be nice if player ships had some of the same elements.
Luna Black
Luna Black

Posted - 2003.10.24 10:36:00 - [14]

I agree it would ad a touch of individuality and also give Corps a very recognizable image in the game its self. Making the ships seen as you fly around part of various alligences. Just as the chaacters are very custum it would be nice if player ships had some of the same elements.
Oswald Forbes
Oswald Forbes
Caldari
Turk and Son Inc.

Posted - 2006.11.30 18:31:00 - [15]

Love the idea. Painted ships and/or corp logos would ROCK!Cool
Tony Mascaro
Tony Mascaro
Caldari
The Blue Moon Mining Corp

Posted - 2006.11.30 19:38:00 - [16]

Unfortunatly this would add way too much lag to the game. Think about it. Imagine 30,000 people logged in with unique paint jobs..

Though having corp colours and logos would be sweet and wouldn't cause too much lag.

------------------------------------
ôThe peasant is weak in politics. However, with a sword, he shall be the blade of his nation.ö -Tony Mascaro
Tolomea
Tolomea
Gallente
5th Front enterprises
New Eve Order

Posted - 2006.12.01 00:02:00 - [17]

From the various screenshots I've seen it looks like trinity will bring small corp logos at various points on the ship, notablly nose and rear sides.

As to painting your ship, you underestimate the ability of the average teenager to produce a crude and offensive paint job. However being able to do something simple like taking the 3 colors from the corp logo and using it for strips, detailing etc could be cool.
Clansworth
Clansworth
Good Rock Materials

Posted - 2006.12.01 02:46:00 - [18]

Yeah, adding a two-tone or three tone color setting for each ship would be awesome, and really wouldn't add much to lag. A true custom paint job would suck performance down, but just sending three more bits of data when a ship is in your area would not be much more than just sending people with slightly longer names.

But if one had custom paint jobs, the Hawk's Ghost Zebra warpaint wouldn't stand out as much...

[IDEA] New Ship Class: Heavy Lifter
Frug
Frug
Caldari
Tim Hortons Donuts

Posted - 2006.12.01 04:11:00 - [19]

It wouldn't add much lag if there were just a few template paint schemes available and we could choose our colours. A racing stripe here or a painted nozzle there would add a whole lot.
Jake Corrigan
Jake Corrigan

Posted - 2006.12.01 10:33:00 - [20]

http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=336665

Posted that aaaages ago, few more technical details but I'd love to see this done in a basic, add-a-few-flags-to-the-ship-database-entry way. Would add greatly to the sense of identity of corporations and alliances.
Cassius Firebrand
Cassius Firebrand
Caldari
Dark Horizons

Posted - 2006.12.01 10:35:00 - [21]

Edit: used alt to publish previous post by mistake Very Happy

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240328/1655
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.