Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Changes to Video Monetization Policy

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.06.24 18:12:10 - [1] - Quote

After concerns were raised by members of the community relating to clarity of our policies surrounding giveaways and raffles of ingame items hosted by Twitch streamers, we have amended the Video Monetization Policy to include information regarding what is and is not acceptable in terms of giveaways and raffles used to boost the profile of Twitch channels.

As such, this policy has been renamed the "Monetization of Videos and Streaming Policy" given that it now includes information relating to promotion of twitch channels.

Given that this policy includes changes that will affect some of our streamers and the giveaways that they run, we would like to give seven days of notice regarding this policy change, which will come into effect at 23:59:59 on Wednesday, July 1st 2015.

If you would like to discuss this change in policy, you can do so in this forum thread.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Paranoid Loyd
Paranoid Loyd

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.06.24 18:15:41 - [2] - Quote

INB4 internet space lawyers start doing internet space lawyer things.

"Gankers are just other players, not supernatural monsters who will get you if you don't follow some arbitrary superstition. Haul responsibly and without irrational fear." Masao Kurata

Fix the Prospect!!!

Chance Ravinne
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services

Posted - 2015.06.24 18:22:55 - [3] - Quote

Glad to see this is sorted out.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Thanatos Marathon
Thanatos Marathon
Black Fox Marauders
Spaceship Bebop

Posted - 2015.06.24 18:31:40 - [4] - Quote

Can I haz stuff?
Denidil
Denidil
Cascade Crest

Posted - 2015.06.24 18:44:10 - [5] - Quote

Get ready for massive amounts of sodium.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

DJWiggles
DJWiggles
Eve Radio Corporation
Eve Radio Alliance

Posted - 2015.06.24 18:53:03 - [6] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
After concerns were raised by members of the community relating to clarity of our policies surrounding giveaways and raffles of ingame items hosted by Twitch streamers, we have amended the Video Monetization Policy to include information regarding what is and is not acceptable in terms of giveaways and raffles used to boost the profile of Twitch channels.

As such, this policy has been renamed the "Monetization of Videos and Streaming Policy" given that it now includes information relating to promotion of twitch channels.

Given that this policy includes changes that will affect some of our streamers and the giveaways that they run, we would like to give seven days of notice regarding this policy change, which will come into effect at 23:59:59 on Wednesday, July 1st 2015.

If you would like to discuss this change in policy, you can do so in this forum thread.

My work here is done \o/

Live on Eve Radio Thursdays 22:00 GMT with me & friends blabbering on about Eve and stuff. Twitter, Facebook TotalEve

Mike Azariah
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:15:05 - [7] - Quote

Seems fairly clear, wonder how many people are reading this and looking for the loopholes saying 'yeah but . . . '

m

Mike Azariah  Gö¼GöÇGöÇGö¼n++ ¯|(pâä)

Dirk MacGirk
Dirk MacGirk
Specter Syndicate
Tactical Narcotics Team

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:25:01 - [8] - Quote

Mike Azariah wrote:
Seems fairly clear, wonder how many people are reading this and looking for the loopholes saying 'yeah but . . . '

m

Probably one of the top-3 clearest rulings I've ever seen from CCP. Kudos on that. At least we shouldn't expect months of "but can I use Video FX to with a reverse looping macro to run my 37 accounts?"
DaOpa
DaOpa
Static Corp

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:31:43 - [9] - Quote

In short -

No sub-only giveaways - for EVE items / isk

And if you are using a loyalty point system, you can not use it for EVE Online related giveaways...

Sounds right to me

LP Stores DB - WH List / Systems - Live Streamer

Saisin
Saisin
State War Academy
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:42:56 - [10] - Quote

A Good Thing!

"surrender your ego, be free". innuendo.

solo? There is a new hope...

Gorski Car
Gorski Car

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:51:35 - [11] - Quote

PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt

Collect this post

Suitonia
Suitonia
Genos Occidere
Warlords of the Deep

Posted - 2015.06.24 19:53:22 - [12] - Quote

These seem reasonable.

Contributer to Eve is Easy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/eveiseasy/videos

Solo PvP is possible with a 20 day old character! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOB4KXYk-o

Sir Livingston
Sir Livingston
Club Deadspace

Posted - 2015.06.24 20:23:35 - [13] - Quote

This is a good policy update.

EVE Online videos to inform and inspire http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

ISK IRON BANK
ISK IRON BANK
I Want ISK Corp

Posted - 2015.06.24 20:25:03 - [14] - Quote

TY for the definition Falcon GÖÑ
Candycane Nex
Candycane Nex
Reprisal Investments Programme

Posted - 2015.06.24 21:15:20 - [15] - Quote

Quote:
If in-game assets are used in giveaways to promote popularity of a stream or video, there must be full parity between users who are viewing the content for free and those who are subscribed, and all viewers of content must have the same access to giveaways and the same chance to win prizes regardless of any subscription fees paid.

The 1RONBANK Twitch Stream seems to follow this exactly, (as far as I can tell, anyway) - except for one thing. (Maybe?)

Subscribers to their stream can 'Win'*** more than once per day, but non-subscribers, only once.

I take it from this, that that would have to change - for 'full parity' and 'the same chance to win prizes regardless of any subscription fees paid'...?

*** 'Win' doesn't guarantee actually winning anything, (in standard draws).
ISK IRON BANK
ISK IRON BANK
I Want ISK Corp

Posted - 2015.06.24 21:26:28 - [16] - Quote

Correct. Some things will need to change to be compliant with CCP new policies.

It is great news to get a defined policy to follow and very much welcomed by vloggers and streamers.

Thumbs Up CCP!
Krops Vont
Krops Vont
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens

Posted - 2015.06.24 22:35:04 - [17] - Quote

How about commercials made by players broadcasted by CCP on twitch? Lol

--==Services==--

Propaganda/Art/Media

Wormhole Finding & Selling

o/ Play for fun

War Kitten
War Kitten
Panda McLegion

Posted - 2015.06.25 11:17:53 - [18] - Quote

This is totally unfair! This will ruin my whole streaming revenue plan!

/me goes off to read the policy now, and start a twitch account

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group

Posted - 2015.06.25 21:40:08 - [19] - Quote

Oh it won't matter to the "lawyers" how it's worded in the long run.

This is good for nipping confusion in the bud before someone plays rule games.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Trajan Unknown
Trajan Unknown
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire

Posted - 2015.06.25 23:29:59 - [20] - Quote

Nice to see a clarification on this one. :)
Memnon Shepard
Memnon Shepard
Rifterlings
The WeHurt Initiative

Posted - 2015.06.26 04:32:06 - [21] - Quote

I was worried when I read the title, but this sounds clear and fair to me!
Aemon Sabage
Aemon Sabage
The Nexus 7's

Posted - 2015.06.27 13:27:18 - [22] - Quote

Guess you just got made Iron Bank
Grima The Mad
Grima The Mad
Alwar Fleet

Posted - 2015.06.28 00:34:33 - [23] - Quote

I'm ecstatic that we have this clarification!

Host of The New Eden Show available @ thenewedenshow.wordpress.com

Now on itunes! WOOP WOOP.

Ranger 1
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.

Posted - 2015.06.29 15:46:40 - [24] - Quote

Krops Vont wrote:
How about commercials made by players broadcasted by CCP on twitch? Lol

I'm fairly sure when you hand it over to CCP they can do with it what they will.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Gregor Parud
Gregor Parud
Ordo Ardish

Posted - 2015.07.01 16:23:00 - [25] - Quote

I'm stupid, could someone link me to the issue and why this was done?

(I don't watch EVE streams).
Zapman987
Zapman987
Imperial Commandos

Posted - 2015.07.02 18:20:57 - [26] - Quote

{quote} Please be aware, however, that videos featuring our games, gameplay, or using our intellectual property may not be used to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized CCP partner or distributor (and even then, you may only sell authorized CCP products).
{/quote}

Bit confused, the way I read this, prohibits this running on twitch or anything with a "subscribe" button for cost. Knowing a very popular eve news website has a paid button on their streams, would like to see this clarified. To me, that button is advertising.
Sykaotic
Sykaotic
Renegade Armada.

Posted - 2015.07.03 20:08:29 - [27] - Quote

Thanks for clarity.

Recruitment is open for Renegade Armada PvP / Merc corp.

For discussing business join Mercs Contract channel.

Faxtarious
Faxtarious
Kai-Zen inc.

Posted - 2015.07.03 23:53:22 - [28] - Quote

I don't usually log in to the forums.... but when I do, it is to tell you what a great company you are CCP.

Sincerely,

Loyal Sub and internet spaceship nut since 2003
Nathan Semah
Nathan Semah
N-C-i-S

Posted - 2015.07.05 11:54:42 - [29] - Quote

Aemon Sabage wrote:
Guess you just got made Iron Bank

Got made for what ?

Great changes for the EvE community to clarify the rules for streamers.

Great work 1ronbank keep up the great streams and to all you haters keep crying the tear tank needs filling.
Ralph King-Griffin
Ralph King-Griffin
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2015.07.23 19:18:45 - [30] - Quote

Zapman987 wrote:
{quote} Please be aware, however, that videos featuring our games, gameplay, or using our intellectual property may not be used to advertise products you are selling unless you are an authorized CCP partner or distributor (and even then, you may only sell authorized CCP products).
{/quote}

Bit confused, the way I read this, prohibits this running on twitch or anything with a "subscribe" button for cost. Knowing a very popular eve news website has a paid button on their streams, would like to see this clarified. To me, that button is advertising.

Any giveaway ,be they raffles,prizes,whatever can't be gated behind the sub, they have to be freely available for non subscribers.

=]|[=

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240423/1816
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.