Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 12:33:41 - [1] - Quote

We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform, as detailed in this news item.

This thread is for discussion regarding Gunjack and the announcement. Please keep all related posts here! Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Phoenix Jones
Phoenix Jones
Isogen 5

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 13:14:24 - [2] - Quote

Nice concept.

Do you have any in game videos of this?

Yaay!!!!

Masaaq
Masaaq
PYRO MANIACS
A Band Apart.

Posted - 2015.08.03 13:23:04 - [3] - Quote

Looks all right. Much Pew. Abaddon was pronounced incorrectly though tehe.
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.08.03 13:23:55 - [4] - Quote

Phoenix Jones wrote:
Nice concept.

Do you have any in game videos of this?

The trailer is all ingame footage Big smile

There'll be more gameplay footage coming soon. You can also come to any of the events listed in the news item and check it out in person.

Ralph King-Griffin
Ralph King-Griffin
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2015.08.03 13:29:06 - [5] - Quote

Ah, didn't see this,my apologies for the redundant thread.

Looking interesting, can't say I'm all that into it but it looks good for what it is.

=]|[=

Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 13:30:07 - [6] - Quote

And there was me hoping this would be something that i would make use of, i guess i shall consign it to the same pile as Dust and Valkyrie then

Shame really, the idea of legion was pretty cool but i guess this pretty much officially kills it, personally i think VR is about as useful as 3D, something else i dont use, and i'm not investing in new hardware for something i will literally play once then forget about

You guys should try giving us stuff to compliment EVE instead of something used to sell hardware :P
Kyoko Sakoda
Kyoko Sakoda
Pyre Falcon Defence and Security
Multicultural F1 Brigade

Posted - 2015.08.03 13:38:41 - [7] - Quote

I actually like the general idea, but #tweetfleet says the sky is falling so I'm going to go with that. Also, that's not a bad slogan for this game. Something something falling skies.
Rodritor
Rodritor
Yuhu al Medio - Overlodea Primo
Mordus Angels

Posted - 2015.08.03 14:12:38 - [8] - Quote

For what plataforms is this game?

instapop myrmidoms...
Chribba
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire

Posted - 2015.08.03 14:22:25 - [9] - Quote

pew pew pew!

I am still waiting for my invite to Valkyrie to be accepted... Smile

/c

GÿàGÿàGÿà Secure 3rd party service GÿàGÿàGÿà

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @Chribba

thorgil
thorgil
SnaiLs aNd FroGs
Drama Sutra

Posted - 2015.08.03 14:35:44 - [10] - Quote

Quote:
I am still waiting for my invite to Valkyrie to be accepted...

Same here mate.

But anyway... GIMME THE APK PLEASE :D i need to play this in the train back home tonight \o/

Quote:
personally i think VR is about as useful as 3D

Well maybe you should try VR in a correct environment. Because stupid 3D is nothing compared to this. Trust me, i've played elite for hundred of hours with my ****** DK2 and i've never enjoyed a video game like this since my 10 yo, and i will never go back playing a space sim on a 2D screen. No way.

Quote:
For what plataforms is this game?

It's for Gear VR ( The Samsung+Oculus mobile Headset. And again trust me, in this case mobile != weak)
Glasgow Dunlop
Glasgow Dunlop
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People

Posted - 2015.08.03 14:42:37 - [11] - Quote

Im noticing a pattern of where its NOT being shown . .

@glasgowdunlop #tweetfleet

TDSIN Recruitment Director : Join 'TDSIN pub'

Glasgow / Edinbvrgh Meet Organiser

Tipa Riot
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:02:27 - [12] - Quote

What this has to do with EvE?

I'm my own NPC alt.

Mr M
Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:03:46 - [13] - Quote

Won't draw any players away from EVE, but might lure some to try it. Who has done the development though? By some reason I get the feeling this wasn't done in-house.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:05:20 - [14] - Quote

thorgil wrote:

Well maybe you should try VR in a correct environment. Because stupid 3D is nothing compared to this. Trust me, i've played elite for hundred of hours with my ****** DK2 and i've never enjoyed a video game like this since my 10 yo, and i will never go back playing a space sim on a 2D screen. No way.

Nah, not spending money on something that will be less efficient for the games i play, sure VR can be immersive, so yeah for that you might have a case, but for practicality and efficiency on multiple titles aswell as ease of access, hell no not even remotely worth it

I have no issues being immersed in a game purely through normal means, if i have to rely on a 3rd party peripheral to experience the game properly its not getting a look in, i dont own a VR headset and i can safely say i never will
Keras Authion
Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:16:38 - [15] - Quote

Looks nice but I have some doubts about keeping the player interested. The new VR technology is a great draw but after you get used to it, isn't it just shooting targets moving on rails?

On positive side it made me want to dig up the SNES super scope 6 and fire up confront.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:17:22 - [16] - Quote

Mr M wrote:
Won't draw any players away from EVE, but might lure some to try it. Who has done the development though? By some reason I get the feeling this wasn't done in-house.

This was done in house, by a small team in our Shanghai studio Smile

thorgil
thorgil
SnaiLs aNd FroGs
Drama Sutra

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:18:13 - [17] - Quote

Quote:
I have no issues being immersed in a game purely through normal means, if i have to rely on a 3rd party peripheral to experience the game properly its not getting a look in, i dont own a VR headset and i can safely say i never will

You do realize that you already rely on 3rd party peripheral for a lot of games? Hell, a Gamepad is a 3rd party peripheral.

You have all right not to be interested in these tech, and i understand you. The only thing i'm saying is, that they're amazing for some kind of games, and i don't see why i shouldn't enjoy it if the experience is great and meaningfull. And it is, even if it relies on a peripheral.

Btw, i'm much much more efficient on Elite with a VR helmet than without. I can't track a thing without it now. Of course it's not true for every game, but it's just the same thing as buying a joystick or a wheel. It won't help you on most game, but still improve a lot your experience on others.
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:22:24 - [18] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:

You do realize that you already rely on 3rd party peripheral for a lot of games? Hell, a Gamepad is a 3rd party peripheral.

You have all right not to be interested in these tech, and i understand you. The only thing i'm saying is, that they're amazing for some kind of games, and i don't see why i shouldn't enjoy it if the experience is great and meaningfull. And it is, even if it relies on a peripheral.

Btw, i'm much much more efficient on Elite with a VR helmet than without. I can't track a thing without it now. Of course it's not true for every game, but it's just the same thing as buying a joystick or a wheel. It won't help you on most game, but still improve a lot your experience on others.

Who uses a gamepad for things other than racers and sports sims?

Console players dont count because 99.9% of the time they literally have zero choice in the matter
Mr M
Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:22:51 - [19] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

This was done in house, by a small team in our Shanghai studio Smile

Aaah... forgot you had those guys. They're way too anonymous Smile

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:23:25 - [20] - Quote

Glasgow Dunlop wrote:
Im noticing a pattern of where its NOT being shown . .

Any pattern you're seeing in is your head, and if you're getting buttmad about it, then you're getting butt mad about nothing.

Where we're showing it this year (the events listed in the news item) are events that we have confirmed attendance at for the rest of 2015 (places we know we're sending Devs).

Gunjack is super portable, so wherever we're going this year, we'll more than likely be taking it.

EVE New England isn't on that list because it's so close to the announcement ay Gamescom, and we're not certain we'll have the hardware back from Germany and ready for transport to the US.

If we do, we'll be sending it along with CCP Guard, but we're not promising it for that particular event in case we can't make it happen.

thorgil
thorgil
SnaiLs aNd FroGs
Drama Sutra

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:29:21 - [21] - Quote

Quote:
CCP seems to be jumping on the "popular" bandwagons

That's not a bad thing for them, knowing that 80% of the VR content is indy made these days, it's a good bet to try to be one of the first AAA title on a plateform release !

But hey, i'm still sad about Dust and still waiting for Eve:Webwars so i get your feelings ;)

Lykouleon
Lykouleon
Future Corps
Sleeper Social Club

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:44:46 - [22] - Quote

My morning commute just got equally more entertaining and potentially embarrassing.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Vincent Athena
Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:55:31 - [23] - Quote

Will this be part of the eve universe? That is, will players of this game be on the same server, effecting events, in TQ? Or is it just set in the eve universe?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 16:24:56 - [24] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:

That's not a bad thing for them, knowing that 80% of the VR content is indy made these days, it's a good bet to try to be one of the first AAA title on a plateform release !

But hey, i'm still sad about Dust and still waiting for Eve:Webwars so i get your feelings ;)

Oh **** son, i thought i was like the only person who even remembered webwars was a thing, i was at the fanfest where they announced it lol

That would have been a cool time waster :P
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.03 16:31:07 - [25] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:

ah Webwars eve... god i wanted that so much. Stupid third party company going under

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.03 16:34:28 - [26] - Quote

A Reminder:
CCP is a video game company. They need more products to make money. If they tossed a few bucks to a small team in Shanghai and this is just a arcade shooter with no real support needed on ccp's end, then why do you care? thye sell it for a few $$$ or have ingame microtransactions and it pays for it's self. if it flops but did not cost that much to make then its not that huge a deal or loss. And if it does well, then it means more income for ccp, which means more products and more developers to do stuff in eve. its a win win.

I'm just annoyed at the slight deviation of the 2014 vision, but i'm hoping most of it is still on track.

And as stated already elsewhere, if its popular, it should not be that difficult to bring it to the oculus rift, hell the hardware is form the same company

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

Aliventi
Aliventi
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic

Posted - 2015.08.03 16:39:22 - [27] - Quote

Yo CCP Falcon, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

(Kanye West quotes aside, it looks cool. But seriously... DUST PC port.)
Chamile Eonic
Chamile Eonic
The Church of MDAMC

Posted - 2015.08.03 17:01:37 - [28] - Quote

Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project
Chamile Eonic
Chamile Eonic
The Church of MDAMC

Posted - 2015.08.03 17:05:31 - [29] - Quote

Falcon,

Will this work with a Google Cardboard or have you tied it to Samsung only?
Tarus Echerie
Tarus Echerie
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.03 17:43:45 - [30] - Quote

Chamile Eonic wrote:
Falcon,

Will this work with a Google Cardboard or have you tied it to Samsung only?

Yes, ditto on an answer to this question. I just got a Nexus 6. Will this be limited only to the Samsung Gear VR Platform?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240419/1221
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.