Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 17:44:57 - [31] - Quote

Chamile Eonic wrote:
Falcon,

Will this work with a Google Cardboard or have you tied it to Samsung only?

Well that depends on their deal i guess, the Gear has touch controls built in to it that the cardboard doesn't so it might require the Gear headset, so far i only see 2 versions, one for the note 4 and one for the S6, but either way i'm still passing on this even though i own an S6
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 17:51:09 - [32] - Quote

Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

Oxide Ammar
Oxide Ammar

Posted - 2015.08.03 18:19:25 - [33] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform, as detailed in this news item.

This thread is for discussion regarding Gunjack and the announcement. Please keep all related posts here! Big smile

That means black ops and capital ships has pushed to 2016 schedule ?

Lady Areola Fappington: -áSolo PVP isn't dead!-á You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.03 18:31:59 - [34] - Quote

Oxide Ammar wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform, as detailed in this news item.

This thread is for discussion regarding Gunjack and the announcement. Please keep all related posts here! Big smile

That means black ops and capital ships has pushed to 2016 schedule ?

why would this effect that? this was made by the dust team, not eve team

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.08.03 18:55:02 - [35] - Quote

DaReaper wrote:
why would this effect that? this was made by the dust team, not eve team

Because HUURRR DDURRR DUDUD DRRRR HRRRHHHHHHURRRR, apparently. Blink

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.08.03 18:55:48 - [36] - Quote

Tarus Echerie wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Falcon,

Will this work with a Google Cardboard or have you tied it to Samsung only?

Yes, ditto on an answer to this question. I just got a Nexus 6. Will this be limited only to the Samsung Gear VR Platform?

Right now, we're only looking at the Samsung Gear VR as far as I'm aware. Smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

NovaCat13
NovaCat13
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.03 19:26:21 - [37] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Glasgow Dunlop wrote:
Im noticing a pattern of where its NOT being shown . .

Any pattern you're seeing in is your head, and if you're getting buttmad about it, then you're getting butt mad about nothing..

Preach it brother!
Amarisen Gream
Amarisen Gream
Divine Demise

Posted - 2015.08.03 19:35:45 - [38] - Quote

This just totally caught me off guard.
I find it to be really cool that you all are branching outing some smaller EVE offerings...

But a few questions that I have that haven't been answered..

1: 64 bit EVE... Speaking with a few people, it seems EVE is only 32 bit.

2: I'm a Mac user. What is going on with CIDER and its buy out...

3: . . . Wheres my hug!...

love you all... and hope you'll rested up form vacation... b/c i'm drooling to know what happens (for what little you tell us) on the 25th.

xoxo Amarisen Gream

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai

Posted - 2015.08.03 20:30:44 - [39] - Quote

Well, it's nice to see CCP looking for more money by expanding their portfolio.

Since I am hardware incompatible with VR devices (my eyes are really f***ed up), that's not a technology tree that interests me. Also I'm old enough to have experienced the early wave of VR craze in the 90s. And last, I'm not into arcades.

What this means, is that Gunjack doesn't interests me at all. I guess that it's aimed at other players, specially non-EVE players. I seriously doubt it serves as gateway drug to EVE, but probably that's not the intent.

I just wonder, as usual for my bittervet status, why I don't get anything new and exciting for my money as CCP spends it pleasing other players... even non-EVE players. Straight

73% of EVE characters stay in high security space. 62% of EVE subscribers barely PvP. 40% of all new accounts just "level up their Ravens". Probably that's why PvE content in EVE Online is sub-par and CCP is head over heels for PvP...

DetKhord Saisio
DetKhord Saisio
Seniors Clan

Posted - 2015.08.03 22:07:02 - [40] - Quote

Meh. I do not see the hook, but then again I am not 10 years old anymore. "Gimme another quarter. Gotta beat that high score." No doubt some idiots will bug their mothers until they get this VR headset, but this game is definitely not for me.
Lucas Kell
Lucas Kell
Internet Terrorists
SpaceMonkey's Alliance

Posted - 2015.08.03 22:11:37 - [41] - Quote

That... looks... terrible...
But then again shoot em ups usually are.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Chrysus Industries - Savings made simple!

Jevatoxa
Jevatoxa
Amandla Legion

Posted - 2015.08.03 22:26:26 - [42] - Quote

Would buy if it includes waves of CODE. Catalysts and taloses coming in to gank the mining rig.
Kaarous Aldurald
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
CODE.

Posted - 2015.08.03 22:36:22 - [43] - Quote

It looks very much like a bog standard rail shooter. Or am I missing something?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tallardar
Tallardar
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde

Posted - 2015.08.03 23:18:06 - [44] - Quote

Currently, iirc, the Gear VR is limited to just the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S6, and S6 Edge.

I assume CCP will work on making the game compatible with the line up as it changes or is this going to be restricted to those devices? What about playing it on the Oculus Rift? To play this and Valkyrie, the only two VR games CCP are supporting, would cost the consumer a minimum of $400 in equipment not including the required phone.* I like EVE, I even like(d) DUST, but $400 to play EVE related products is a bit steep of an asking price for your community/consumers. That also doesn't account for the money spent on needing a PlayStation 3 for DUST. Can CCP at least say they'll look at making the game on the Oculus VR as well, please?

*The Gear VR, which doesn't include the phone, costs $200 while the Oculus Rift is, at present, estimated to cost between $200 to $400.

Pandemic Horde Tutorial Videos | Monthly Nullsec Recap

Brian Harrelstein
Brian Harrelstein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.03 23:22:58 - [45] - Quote

Don't care. I just want eve stuff. Cool
Tavin Aikisen
Tavin Aikisen
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive

Posted - 2015.08.03 23:48:19 - [46] - Quote

Sorry but this is all the proof I needed that CCP no longer cares about making EVE the best, complete and self-contained sci-fi universe possible as we used to hear so much in the past.

If this was being made 7 years ago, we'd be seeing talk of proper integration with EVE Online, DUST 514, atmospheric flight, EVAs, walking in stations and all the other prototypes and dreams.

We saw a hint of this when it was mentioned that Legion, EVE and Valkyrie would be linked between our characters and accounts, but I'm assuming with the shelving of Legion, that ideology is finally dead. :/

The last time CCP focussed on a specific platform, that excluded the core PC audience, it didn't go well at all...

Prove me wrong.

"Remember this. Trust your eyes, you will kill each other. Trust your veins, you can all go home."

-Cold Wind

Primary This Rifter
Primary This Rifter
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.08.04 00:08:14 - [47] - Quote

Tavin Aikisen wrote:
Sorry but this is all the proof I needed that CCP no longer cares about making EVE the best, complete and self-contained sci-fi universe possible as we used to hear so much in the past.

If this was being made 7 years ago, we'd be seeing talk of proper integration with EVE Online, DUST 514, atmospheric flight, EVAs, walking in stations and all the other prototypes and dreams.

We saw a hint of this when it was mentioned that Legion, EVE and Valkyrie would be linked between our characters and accounts, but I'm assuming with the shelving of Legion, that ideology is finally dead. :/

The last time CCP focussed on a specific platform, that excluded the core PC audience, it didn't go well at all...

Prove me wrong.

Small, easy to make games like this can provide monetary support for EVE and Valkyrie.
Tavin Aikisen
Tavin Aikisen

Posted - 2015.08.04 00:48:04 - [48] - Quote

Primary This Rifter wrote:
Tavin Aikisen wrote:

Prove me wrong.

Small, easy to make games like this can provide monetary support for EVE and Valkyrie.

I'm sure they do, I just hope the changing vision is worth it.

"Remember this. Trust your eyes, you will kill each other. Trust your veins, you can all go home."

-Cold Wind

Aeon Amadii
Aeon Amadii
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.04 00:51:32 - [49] - Quote

DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

(This character is the Eve version of Aeon Amadi)

Tavin Aikisen
Tavin Aikisen

Posted - 2015.08.04 01:10:50 - [50] - Quote

Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

Actually there is plenty to say nothing is happening. CCP no longer hold the trademark for "EVE Legion".

Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/eve-legion-86233018.html

-Cold Wind

Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Posted - 2015.08.04 03:11:47 - [51] - Quote

I played the tech demo for this at Fanfest this year. It's a lot of fun for the few minutes I got to try it, and if anything, I was bummed they didn't have more levels at Fanfest for us to try.

I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

For those curious, when Falcon means "small team at Shanghai", AFAIK, it's very small. It isn't a huge impact on DUST's development, though some people who worked on DUST worked on Gunjack. (Think how EVR was originally created.)

My personal view is whether or not it's something I'll ever own and play, I am guessing they have a good arrangement with Samsung and it's a net positive for the company.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - [email protected]

Invisusira
Invisusira
The Rising Stars
Tactical Narcotics Team

Posted - 2015.08.04 03:30:36 - [52] - Quote

JESUS ******* CHRIST CCP

LEARN TO PRONOUNCE AMARR NAMES ALREADY

ah-BAH-don

seriously it's just getting ******* embarrassing

EVE Music

Webvan
Webvan
All Kill No Skill

Posted - 2015.08.04 05:11:30 - [53] - Quote

Then if this isn't the new name for Legion, what happened to Legion? Sad
You know, the PC game? Straight

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Kuronaga
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Negative-Feedback

Posted - 2015.08.04 05:17:10 - [54] - Quote

Lucas Kell wrote:
That... looks... terrible...
But then again shoot em ups usually are.

The sidescroller Shmup they were showing off a couple years back looked a lot more passable than this.

They are buying so hard into the VR hype its getting ridiculous. I mean VR on a cellphone game?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. It's harder to get more impractical than this.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai

Posted - 2015.08.04 06:50:11 - [55] - Quote

Tallardar wrote:
Currently, iirc, the Gear VR is limited to just the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S6, and S6 Edge.

I assume CCP will work on making the game compatible with the line up as it changes or is this going to be restricted to those devices? What about playing it on the Oculus Rift? To play this and Valkyrie, the only two VR games CCP are supporting, would cost the consumer a minimum of $400 in equipment not including the required phone.* I like EVE, I even like(d) DUST, but $400 to play EVE related products is a bit steep of an asking price for your community/consumers. That also doesn't account for the money spent on needing a PlayStation 3 for DUST. Can CCP at least say they'll look at making the game on the Oculus VR as well, please?

*The Gear VR, which doesn't include the phone, costs $200 while the Oculus Rift is, at present, estimated to cost between $200 to $400.

Probably they're aiming at different target audiences. The Gear VR is meant as portable VR, whereas the Rift is barely portable (even if you plug it to a laptop).

Of course, we may discuss the practicality of portable VR: picture a guy sititng by you in a waiting room/bus/airplane, wearing a device that blinds him and deafens him and effectively cuts him from reality. Then he twists and turns his head around and chuckles and giggles at something only he can see and listen... And a whole new level of a-hole is born. What?

73% of EVE characters stay in high security space. 62% of EVE subscribers barely PvP. 40% of all new accounts just "level up their Ravens". Probably that's why PvE content in EVE Online is sub-par and CCP is head over heels for PvP...

Kuronaga
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Negative-Feedback

Posted - 2015.08.04 08:34:46 - [56] - Quote

Yes, Valkyrie is aimed at diehard VR enthusiasts who recognize that this fun industry toy is going to die out very quickly but want to enjoy it while its briefly supported by the companies looking to lose money.

I have no idea who the hell Gunjack is aimed towards. What kind of ass even buys mobile VR in the first place?
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.04 08:36:33 - [57] - Quote

Amarisen Gream wrote:
This just totally caught me off guard.
I find it to be really cool that you all are branching outing some smaller EVE offerings...

But a few questions that I have that haven't been answered..

1: 64 bit EVE... Speaking with a few people, it seems EVE is only 32 bit.

2: I'm a Mac user. What is going on with CIDER and its buy out...

3: . . . Wheres my hug!...

love you all... and hope you'll rested up form vacation... b/c i'm drooling to know what happens (for what little you tell us) on the 25th.

1: its not needed, the server already runs x64 code the client doesn't actually do anything that would benefit from the hassle of maintaining both an x64 and x86 branch and the extra QA overhead that generates, its the same reason most games dont actually bother with x64 either

2: well, you're a mac user, you have other options, like bootcamp :P

3: head on over to JB-007 its where the hug warehouse is located you're free to help yourself
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.04 08:44:29 - [58] - Quote

Crasniya wrote:
I
I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

Android isn't really any more of a privacy issue than iOS and Win10 mobile these days so thats just some android hate right there, i'll give you partial points for the samsung rant, i owned the S3 and it was a glorious device, i got an S6 and i'm less happy with that, there were some initial teething issues that could only be resolved by rooting the device and ever since day 1 i've had "lag" on the device using the pin based lock screen so while the phone is gorgeous and performs great for the most part, there are some issues which is why you get partial points for the samsung hate :P

It all depends on if they made a deal with samsung or not, if sumsung provided stuff it could be a gear exclusive at which point you'll either have to miss out on this or hope someone creates a workaround, i own an S6, i wont be going near this game
Rivr Luzade
Rivr Luzade
Exclusion Cartel
The Kadeshi

Posted - 2015.08.04 10:49:45 - [59] - Quote

I find this announcement particularly interesting.
CCP cannot even manage to maintain EVE properly (going to vacation after the most profound game change in years? Really?) and have failed to maintain and advance DUST properly. Even these 2 projects (ignoring WOD as it's already dead) were too much for CCP to handle. Now they want to turn DUST into Legion and make that go totally awesome for sure, and attempt to develop Valkyrie. These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

Station Tab :: UI Improvement Collective

Anthar Thebess
Anthar Thebess

Posted - 2015.08.04 12:09:22 - [60] - Quote

When can i delegate my battleship/ dread guns to other players , and tell them :
SHOOT THE TOWER , FEEL THE POWER
Big smile

Capital Remote AID Rebalance Way to solve important nullsec issue. CSM members do your work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240423/0108
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.