Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Daerrol
Daerrol
Krieger Industries Inc.
Phoebe Freeport Republic

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.08 01:16:25 - [91] - Quote

I love rail shooters and arcade games. So yeah I'm excited. But VR, so won't be touching. I guess not excited. /me puts iin Starfox 64 Emulator
Aalysia Valkeiper
Aalysia Valkeiper
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.08 02:09:48 - [92] - Quote

I could swear I saw something like this when my 8-year-old nieces and nephews played Mario Brothers on their play stations... and they're now in college or the armed forces.
La Rynx
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.08 08:58:57 - [93] - Quote

Sweet a tiny little 3D VR shooter.
Just watch the trailer, it is not a super huge development monster.
Since the Samsung VR is a cheap VR system it might sell in numbers rather than the 300 buck system.
Well, of course you'd need a samsung phone.
With some delicate development even an ingame shop could exist.

Anything that puts money into CCP's pocket will ensur, that EvE development will continue.

and my biggest smile from me:

"... lets show these pirates they messed with the wrong mining operation..."
Big smileSmileBear

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.08 09:01:10 - [94] - Quote

Aalysia Valkeiper wrote:
I could swear I saw something like this when my 8-year-old nieces and nephews played Mario Brothers on their play stations... and they're now in college or the armed forces.

In other words, this is NOT of the quality EvE players would expect from CCP and (except for the 'cameo' at the end of the trailer by the Amarr abaddon dreadnought) there was nothing to indicate EvE had anything to do with this.

Except the big ORE sign in the background of the guntower...
Blink

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Tiffen Jouhinen
Tiffen Jouhinen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.09 11:37:52 - [95] - Quote

Awesome graphics...as expected.

This actually will boost Samsung sales.

One request:

Please make it compatible with Google cardboard and not just for Samsung Gear VR.

Alavaria Fera
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe

Posted - 2015.08.09 14:02:38 - [96] - Quote

La Rynx wrote:
Sweet a tiny little 3D VR shooter.
Just watch the trailer, it is not a super huge development monster.
Since the Samsung VR is a cheap VR system it might sell in numbers rather than the 300 buck system.
Well, of course you'd need a samsung phone.
With some delicate development even an ingame shop could exist.

Anything that puts money into CCP's pocket will ensur, that EvE development will continue.

and my biggest smile from me:

"... lets show these pirates they messed with the wrong mining operation..."
Big smileSmileBear

An amazing boondoggle that eats tons of cash and then gets pssshheed is also likely

^^ Delicious goon ((tech nerf, siphon, drone assist, supercap)) tears.

Taking a wrecking ball to the futile hopes and broken dreams of skillless blobbers.

Gallowmere Rorschach
Gallowmere Rorschach
Enlightened Industries
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.08.09 14:43:22 - [97] - Quote

Aalysia Valkeiper wrote:

In other words, this is NOT of the quality EvE players would expect from CCP and (except for the 'cameo' at the end of the trailer by the Amarr abaddon dreadnought) there was nothing to indicate EvE had anything to do with this.

What?
Pah Cova
Pah Cova
Made in Portugal S.A.

Posted - 2015.08.10 14:22:34 - [98] - Quote

Personally I dont like the idea that CCP ae trying to compete with other games like Star Citizens.

Guess the imagination are running out and they dont really know what to do more and how to do it.
Darek Castigatus
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2015.08.10 15:05:08 - [99] - Quote

Pah Cova wrote:
Personally I dont like the idea that CCP ae trying to compete with other games like Star Citizens.

Guess the imagination are running out and they dont really know what to do more and how to do it.

They already have EvE to compete with Star Citizen, assuming SC ever gets beyond a few broken pieces and a shedload of hype.

If you were at Fanfest and saw the amount of work theyve put into VR you wouldnt be surprised that they're released multiple products for it. Its a simple accessible game for a cheap VR system, exactly the sort of thing that you need when starting out in a new market.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Jalon Sabir
Jalon Sabir
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.08.10 16:00:14 - [100] - Quote

All these years CCP and you still haven't learned your lesson. You've had the full loot PvP market on lockdown for over a decade, everything else has been crap compared to EvE. But this entire time you keep investing the profits into expensive gimmicks that do not target your customer base, what is it this time, a copy of Incoming from the Dreamcast? Great market to move into.

Give it a few years and another company is going to come out with a better full loot PvP MMO, it's inevitable at some point, which assets are you going to be holding onto when this happens, a console shooter and a 3D Asteroids?
Terminal Insanity
Terminal Insanity
Pwn 'N Play
Black Legion.

Posted - 2015.08.12 23:10:48 - [101] - Quote

i love that ccp is getting into VR stuff, but, i have to ask,,, why is GunJack not just Valkyrie? Why make two games that are essentially going to be competing with themselves?

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Nalia White
Nalia White
Tencus

Posted - 2015.08.20 17:50:23 - [102] - Quote

Just dropping by to leave this:

http://i.imgur.com/oqktCgs.jpg

Lina theSlayer
Lina theSlayer
EVE University
Ivy League

Posted - 2015.08.23 04:15:47 - [103] - Quote

Will this be available to other platform as well? or locked into one platform like Dust 514?
Wayne Caderu
Wayne Caderu
Disciples of Aphrodite
The Glory Holers

Posted - 2015.08.27 08:02:13 - [104] - Quote

CCP, I love it, I really do.

That being said if you could stop starting new projects and get progress done at a faster pace on old ones *cough* project legion *cough* then that would be even better. Big smile
RomeStar
RomeStar
Ursus Sirius
New Signature

Posted - 2015.09.03 19:39:07 - [105] - Quote

Hey Falcon dont you think you guys should be fixing eve right now instead of creating another Bust514? Have you even logged into eve lately it is dead the login numbers are way down people are playing other games fix the car before you add another road!

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Sarayu Wyvern
Sarayu Wyvern
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.09.04 01:59:51 - [106] - Quote

RomeStar wrote:
Hey Falcon dont you think you guys should be fixing eve right now instead of creating another Bust514? Have you even logged into eve lately it is dead the login numbers are way down people are playing other games fix the car before you add another road!

I regularly log into EVE and have not seen the pattern you insist exists.

Alt of MidnightWyvern. (Mobius Wyvern in Dust 514)

Smokie McLottapot
Smokie McLottapot
Dirty Little Bastards

Posted - 2015.09.11 00:09:56 - [107] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
butt madd

CCP Falcon wrote:
Because HUURRR DDURRR DUDUD DRRRR HRRRHHHHHHURRRR, apparently. Blink

Now that's the level of professionalism I expect from CCP!
Shaax MacGruber
Shaax MacGruber
Maraque Enterprises
SpaceMonkey's Alliance

Posted - 2015.09.16 17:19:53 - [108] - Quote

Although I'm really glad to see CCP attempting to expand on their money-makiong schemes.... I really think they need to knuckle down on making EVE the best that it can possibly be. True, this past year has seen some dramatic changes, but where's the content bruh? I don't want to play a single-turret arcade shooter set in the EVE universe, I want to play a space ship firing 6+ turrets at live people actively firing back at me. You guys need to focus on the game that EVERYONE of us want to play and love to play. Also, let's face it.... you guys don't have a good track record of finishing what you start. I'm still waiting for Station atmosphere to decontaminate for capsuleer consumption.

Let's take a look at what you guys have been doing here

Where is Project Legion CCP? - forgotten about amirite? THAT actually looked cool.

What up with Dust514? - I played it, and it sucked. AND you guys released it for a "last gen" console with no plans to port it over to PS4. WIN marketing strategy on that one bruh. Also... wasn't this supposed to actually have an impact on the EVE universe and vice versa? Roll

Valkryie? - Neat concept, I'll give this to you, but we are talking about a brand new game on BRAND new technology, pretty risky.

I'm sorry, I can't get excited for one of your new gimmicky games until you fix EVE. To this day I still dread entering a ticket, because who the hell knows when I'll receive a response.

TLDR; All I'm saying is, you should seriously just double down on EVE and find a way to revitalize it for the better, by maybe finishing a project and seeing it through to completion? Would be a good start....

Opertone
Opertone
The Poverty Line

Posted - 2015.09.23 20:12:29 - [109] - Quote

Relax,

Gunjack is there due to COMPANY's crazy money... they have hundreds of billions. And they stick this money where ever they can, especially in their near fail Virtual Reality.

Alright, I played VR Occulus - 2, some sort of shooter / zombie action. It was an amazing experience, but hardly worth buying...

The Zombie action game felt so intense, that I nearly lost coordination, my heart beat very fast, high body temperature, adrenaline rush, disorientation. I do not really want that kind of experience... I do not want no mind and body systems cracking apart and spatial delusion.

IMHO VR = VOMIT READY - not worth 1 500 USD...

It is much easier to play with one in local game/arcade zone and forget it.

The VR screen is not very sharp... feels like a full 640x480 8 bit reality.

I ask myself, if I feel sick, why play VR headset games?

No worries, the COMPANY has a great plan of funding CCP.

*COMPANY - may refer to facebook or samsung, owners of occulus rift VR

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

Merrc
Merrc
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.09.28 04:14:24 - [110] - Quote

Well could lead to an EvE where the entire game is VR. You log on as a gunner, someone is is ship captain, others are fighters that take off from ship, possibilities are endless really. I'd like too see a version where i could undock and just fly around a system, do my Planetary Interaction in VR (thats right it's not all exploding ships lol). Ermmm when is the VR test server going up?

Shocked
Opertone
Opertone
The Poverty Line

Posted - 2015.09.29 10:38:02 - [111] - Quote

Merrc wrote:

Well could lead to an EvE where the entire game is VR. You log on as a gunner, someone is is ship captain, others are fighters that take off from ship, possibilities are endless really. I'd like too see a version where i could undock and just fly around a system, do my Planetary Interaction in VR (thats right it's not all exploding ships lol). Ermmm when is the VR test server going up?

Shocked

will take over 5 years for people to buy enough VRs

Opertone
Opertone
The Poverty Line

Posted - 2015.09.29 10:48:29 - [112] - Quote

VR can only be cool

if they give me an AIMABLE gun, that links to VR ... not an xbox console controller

if the resolution / PPI is above 450 - 530 - otherwise it stays weak ...

if they manage to cut weight of the head set unit - less than 2 kg sounds reasonable

if they introduce real hardware 3D positional audio with Hi-Fi level headphones... creative current generation 3D audio makes all the difference (and I am an audiophile, I can hear and justify it)

currently 5 KG on my head, extra 1-2 KG headphones, 640x480 video quality, counter intuitive controller that can not be looked at when wearing VR set.

VR future is 15 years from now

Merrc
Merrc
Immortalis Aegis

Posted - 2015.10.07 04:03:02 - [113] - Quote

Opertone wrote:
VR can only be cool

if they give me an AIMABLE gun, that links to VR ... not an xbox console controller

if the resolution / PPI is above 450 - 530 - otherwise it stays weak ...

if they manage to cut weight of the head set unit - less than 2 kg sounds reasonable

if they introduce real hardware 3D positional audio with Hi-Fi level headphones... creative current generation 3D audio makes all the difference (and I am an audiophile, I can hear and justify it)

currently 5 KG on my head, extra 1-2 KG headphones, 640x480 video quality, counter intuitive controller that can not be looked at when wearing VR set.

VR future is 15 years from now

I agree with you on some of this, but i think 15 years is out of line (for everything to be VR sure) . Alot will depend on how the Rift does at launch, if it takes well the process will speed up dramatically, if it doesn't well...it my very well slow down. Myself I've never used a VR headset of any sort alltho I do use an S6 for a phone so I will pick up the Gear VR2 in November. 4K and 8K displays will play a big part in this your right OLED no doubt... the actual controls, did you see the units Oculus is developing...the hand worn units-that looks promising. I've played EvE so long I'd be happy to fly around looking at things in VR ...then I could think back to beta when I flew inside an Armageddons tail-end and could actually count the polygons the ship was constructed of lol....ermm wth was that in Stacmon...or was there Stacmon yet, beats me. Be back in November Pirate
DrysonBennington
DrysonBennington
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.10.18 11:56:49 - [114] - Quote

The Gunjack the next mining barge for New Eden. A first time that miners are able to actually defend their ship with systems other than combat drones.
CDLoon
CDLoon
Higher Than Everest
The-Culture

Posted - 2015.10.19 10:04:46 - [115] - Quote

Just bought the Samsung VR headset, soley for Gunjack. however - the other VR offerings for it are also very good.
Azazel The Misanthrope
Azazel The Misanthrope
Proioxis Assault Force
Exodus.

Posted - 2015.10.19 13:40:01 - [116] - Quote

The way that guy said, "Oh my God! Abbadon!" Was incredibly corny and unconvincing.
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.28 01:24:30 - [117] - Quote

Azazel The Misanthrope wrote:
The way that guy said, "Oh my God! Abbadon!" Was incredibly corny and unconvincing.

you don;t notice it when you are actually playing.

Gun Jack is wicked fun, and was cheap to make.

I'm also going to get it first day its out.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.28 01:25:35 - [118] - Quote

Opertone wrote:
Relax,

Gunjack is there due to COMPANY's crazy money... they have hundreds of billions. And they stick this money where ever they can, especially in their near fail Virtual Reality.

Alright, I played VR Occulus - 2, some sort of shooter / zombie action. It was an amazing experience, but hardly worth buying...

The Zombie action game felt so intense, that I nearly lost coordination, my heart beat very fast, high body temperature, adrenaline rush, disorientation. I do not really want that kind of experience... I do not want no mind and body systems cracking apart and spatial delusion.

IMHO VR = VOMIT READY - not worth 1 500 USD...

It is much easier to play with one in local game/arcade zone and forget it.

The VR screen is not very sharp... feels like a full 640x480 8 bit reality.

I ask myself, if I feel sick, why play VR headset games?

No worries, the COMPANY has a great plan of funding CCP.

*COMPANY - may refer to facebook or samsung, owners of occulus rift VR

VR is not going to be 1500. The computer alone that will be needed for the VR head sets will cost you 1200. If you are any kind of real gamer, you will already have that anyway. Head set is going to range for 250 to 400.

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.29 21:53:39 - [119] - Quote

Few Questions:

Gun jack should be out in less then 5 weeks (Gear VR consumer is out before black Friday US [11.27.2015])

So..

!) Is it safe to assume Gun Jack is free to play or are you guys going to charge to buy it? (i.d. pay up to $20 for it btw)

2) can use you use a game pad (the button on the side of the head set would get a bit annoying after a tad)

3) I overheard that its a single player game at Eve Vegas, but is there any type of multiplayer or community features (like a leader board or something) or is it a pure single player game?

That works for me, the wife and myself are both getting a copy, as she really likes gun jack.

Alexis Nightwish
Alexis Nightwish

Posted - 2015.10.30 20:17:46 - [120] - Quote

Played this at EVE Vegas. Was much cooler than I thought it would be.

Won't buy it. Not because of the game (which was fun), but because the headset is only compatible with a few phones. If there was a universal headset that supported any Android phone by just connecting via the micro USB or Bluetooth I would be all over it.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240419/0547
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.