Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.10.31 05:39:51 - [121] - Quote

Alexis Nightwish wrote:
Played this at EVE Vegas. Was much cooler than I thought it would be.

Won't buy it. Not because of the game (which was fun), but because the headset is only compatible with a few phones. If there was a universal headset that supported any Android phone by just connecting via the micro USB or Bluetooth I would be all over it.

give it a bit, maybe there will be

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

Daerrol
Daerrol
Death By Design
Did he say Jump

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.02 18:03:32 - [122] - Quote

It actually looks crazy fun. I Love old style rail shooters (Star Fox 64 esp)
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.11.10 17:27:23 - [123] - Quote

incase you guys are interested:

Gear Vr Pre-order

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DrysonBennington
DrysonBennington
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.28 11:54:46 - [124] - Quote

Is there going to be any module adaptations for GunJack to be used in Eve?
Pestilen Ratte
Pestilen Ratte
Artimus Ratte

Posted - 2015.12.16 03:12:32 - [125] - Quote

I'm going to be the mad optimist on this thread.

Gunjack looks like a stepping stone to a much greater experience.

If you think about the sad little Dust monkies, what can they do to engage with the superior capsuleers of Eve?

Not much. Not much at all. They are so insignificant that we barely notice them, and if we do notice them, it is only ever in order to drop ordinance on their pathetic terrestrial ambitions.

Wouldn't it be great, for the Dust community, if their character could jump into a anti space ship cannon and start giving some serious firepower back to the Eve community?

Wouldn't it be great if a Dust Monkey TM could kill an Abaddin? Or a Vixor? Or an Exeqruroror?

Wouldn;'t it be great if taking part if Dust campaigns was dangerous, and had some opportunity cost?

It would be great. Dust folk would become relevant in Eve, and the firery crucible of New Eden would benefit from the increased depth of game play.

So, when I look at Gunjack, I see CCP investing in code. Code and methods.

The good folk at CCP know they face bottlenecks in data transfer to allow real time interactions throughout the Eve universe. But they also know that those limitations are being ground down by hardware technology and software ingenuity.

Because I am a generous soul, I believe CCP are doing what they can, for the moment. They are building a robust set of code to manage the local CPU/GPU load of the first person terrestrial shooter "into space". If they have even a small income stream to keep that project going, they can refine the code and perfect that IP asset.

Once the networking evils and bandwidth limitations resolve themselves, CCP will be able to "plug together" Gunjack code and Eve Online code, and also Dust code. Then New Eden will be truly beyond the reach of competition, as it will constitute whole games worth of local code, interlinked with long engineered server based code.

Until CCP Falcon tells me I'm wrong (again), I intend to believe that CCP are working towards this long term goal.
Primary This Rifter
Primary This Rifter
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.12.29 11:26:38 - [126] - Quote

I like that you guys forgot to announce here that the game has been released. At least it looks that way, since the Oculus Store is giving me the option to buy it (it's $10 for anyone wondering).

I haven't bought it yet, but I have an S6 and I got a Gear VR for Christmas so I probably will. It looks pretty fun.
The only worry I have is that I won't be able to play it for very long before I start getting messages that my phone is getting too hot.
Daerrol
Daerrol
Death By Design
Did he say Jump

Posted - 2016.01.03 06:22:07 - [127] - Quote

yeah I wouldn't say no to a PC port. I feel awkward about going all "Rain-Man" on the bus as I try to stare at things only I can see.\
At least on PC I don't have to leave my mom's basement.
Primary This Rifter
Primary This Rifter
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.01.05 15:43:15 - [128] - Quote

I mean it's not like people don't notice that you have your phone strapped to your face. At least it's more obvious than when people talk into their bluetooth earpieces and you think they're having one-way conversations with themselves.
Primary This Rifter
Primary This Rifter
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.01.11 06:49:26 - [129] - Quote

Daerrol wrote:
It actually looks crazy fun. I Love old style rail shooters (Star Fox 64 esp)

And it is crazy fun. The first few levels are easy but then it just gets ridiculous.
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2016.01.11 23:48:52 - [130] - Quote

beat it a few weeks ago, it was rather fun

Mishra San
Mishra San
Spaceships Anonymous

Posted - 2016.02.16 01:09:20 - [131] - Quote

more work on eve online, scrap everything else.

(unless dust is ported to PC, i'd actually play it then).

p.s. late as hell to the thread.

=)

sending virtual hug, virtual hug sent!

Elmund Egivand
Elmund Egivand
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.02.16 07:09:26 - [132] - Quote

As much as Gunjack intrigues me, I am not going to buy a Samsung phone just to play this game. I have very bad experiences with the Samsung S series phones. The last phone I had had its battery life halved after just a year, and changing the battery or reformating the whole phone didn't solve the issue.

I hope the other mobile developers will develop their derivatives of the Samsung VR Gear and Gunjack will be made available for them.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Gumby Roffo
Gumby Roffo
Hell's Dilemma
Short Bus Syndicate

Posted - 2016.02.18 08:45:24 - [133] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

Gunjack is super portable, so wherever we're going this year, we'll more than likely be taking it.

Damn right about that. So far I have demoed it to most on the service desk here and now they are looking at getting their own devices.

Down side is I had my high score popped.

Ian Morbius
Ian Morbius
Potomac Greeting Card Company

Posted - 2016.02.22 19:43:50 - [134] - Quote

Entertainment Samsung Galaxy S7 pre-orders come with free Gear VR headset

" EVE: Gunjack, LandGÇÖs End, and Anshar Wars 2 as part of the deal."

New Enterprise Associates The largest venture capital firm on the planet. They are great.

New Enterprise Associates (Wikipedia).

Bemo
Bemo
Narcosis.

Posted - 2016.03.04 06:51:51 - [135] - Quote

Ian Morbius wrote:
Entertainment Samsung Galaxy S7 pre-orders come with free Gear VR headset

" EVE: Gunjack, LandGÇÖs End, and Anshar Wars 2 as part of the deal."

Got my s7 edge already and just signed up for the free gear. Can't wait to try it out
Gumby Roffo
Gumby Roffo
Hell's Dilemma
Short Bus Syndicate

Posted - 2016.03.08 09:55:04 - [136] - Quote

So having tried this game it fits a niche just right for me . As I work away with limited internet for a week on / week off this covers my away game. Yes a small cost of the headset when compared to the Rift but it has two advantages . 1. The portability means it gets to travel where ever I go on a restricted baggage rate. 2. If ( and I hope not) I tire of the game Gunjack, there are others to try as well as some very cool 360 videos. If I tire from those I still have a phone.

The current option in Australia with the pending release of the S7 range of Samsung phones includes a VR Gear in the contract plan.
Max Goldwing
Max Goldwing
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.09 11:18:40 - [137] - Quote

That initial scene where the spaceship rolls in ... very nicely done, eve is such an epic asset to explore in VR, would love to see more like that.

After that intro the game is a bit meh, turn head, shoot ship, repeat.
Cfern Arsten
Cfern Arsten
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.04.13 18:52:41 - [138] - Quote

Just got the game. I'm moving into WebVR development so I decided to get a Samsung Gear. Had no idea about Gunjack honestly. So, where does this game fit into the universe? From the looks of it, "Gunjacks" are protecting ORE ships. Is that primarily it? I've only played one mission so far.
OverlordY
OverlordY
Interspan

Posted - 2016.04.21 17:43:11 - [139] - Quote

Im confused,

Aren't gunjack and valkryie the same thing ?
45thtiger 0109
45thtiger 0109
AL3XAND3R.

Posted - 2016.04.23 05:58:56 - [140] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform, as detailed in this news item.

This thread is for discussion regarding Gunjack and the announcement. Please keep all related posts here! Big smile

I just bought GunJack for my Samsung Gear VR and CCP I really like it.

It is like playing EVE away from home if say you are going on holidays ect.

Well done on the Gunjack I will give it 100000000000000 Stars.

Keep up the great job CCP Big smile

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

Harry Saq
Harry Saq
Blueprint Haus
Blades of Grass

Posted - 2016.05.25 16:30:52 - [141] - Quote

How much of a technical challenge would it be for both Gunjack and Valkyrie to be available in non-VR as well? Just as a fall back for when everybody realizes wearing a headset is generally not practical for all, obtrusive, and generally tiresome (and also massively pisses off the significant other and/or parents).
DrysonBennington
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's

Posted - 2016.06.16 14:35:52 - [142] - Quote

Are there going to be Gunjack Missions that take place inside of W-Space against Sleepers as well as against Drifters?

When defending against the Sleepers and Drifters in Gunjack are there going to be items that can be transferred from Gunjack to Eve Online for use on ships that one cannot get in Eve Online?

Maybe something like shielding and armor plating from Gunjack for the new Citadels but more importantly Gunjack Combat Units for station defense slots.
RRagedJester177
RRagedJester177
Barbarian Empire

Posted - 2016.06.21 12:35:02 - [143] - Quote

Is the VR required to play GunJack?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240328/2003
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.