Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Issues with starting more than 1 EVE Client - Sep 1

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Estevan Valladares
Estevan Valladares
WorldTradersGuild.Com

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.09.01 12:31:23 - [61] - Quote

Llawa wrote:
Nafensoriel wrote:
It's disturbing how many people didn't read the last devblog where they clearly explained that rollbacks and tranquility don't always work.. or the part where they explained how they test the hell out of things on singularity but it still occasionally goes buggy on tranquility.

They did read it, they're just idiots.

That is said by devs in EVE since the first patch that went wrong. If people were to learn that, they would have had by now.

But yeah, now that I know I can safely log my usual 5, 8 alts, you can leave it as it is.

At least the people multiboxing wont be just pilling clients and multiplexing input. (You know a lot still does when see them).

WorldTradersGuild.Com [WTG] - We are here for the long haul

Mimiko Severovski
Mimiko Severovski
Zero Fun Allowed

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.09.01 12:31:40 - [62] - Quote

Thanks for fixing the issue that fast dev team.
visegrip
visegrip
DisturbedGamers.
Illuminati Confirmed.

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:31:52 - [63] - Quote

12:29 eve time 1/9/2015......... After reading what was going on and having problems my self. Went back and logged on 1 toon then the other. So it would seem they have fixed it for the time being.

Was able to log in all Characters.
Glornak Ironspawn
Glornak Ironspawn
Dave's Tax Shelter
Federal United Battalion of Armed Renegades

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:31:52 - [64] - Quote

Anthar Thebess wrote:
Current online count is pretty interesting.
So almost each person login 2-3 accounts.

Why we don't get this juicy data on your graphs CCP?Pirate

i would say about half of players use 1 account, but the other half use 1-3. Then we got people who use a number of accounts that i could only say is impressive. Used to know a player who ran 26 at the same time. Chewed through null roids faster than rats could spawn.
MicDeath Titan
MicDeath Titan
Titans Guild
incendia equus

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:32:19 - [65] - Quote

Claims to be fixed, yet still sub 10k players online.

Soo. CCP how about reversing that key-broadcast ban now? Might help pad the numbers until this **** storm rolls over. :D
Sarcozi
Sarcozi
Reclamation Fighters Group PLC

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:32:56 - [66] - Quote

Chocolate Mooses wrote:
Chocolate Mooses wrote:
Being informed now that a patch is available.

Shut down all clients, patch, and all *should* be well. Testing now.

Confirmed. All is well again.

Confirmed, new patch, all is well!

Thanks CCP Smile
Yang Aurilen
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
The Bloc

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:33:02 - [67] - Quote

Looks like Elite True Solo PVPGäó is back.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Mevius Three
Mevius Three
A Thousand Hamsters

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:33:06 - [68] - Quote

Nooo it's fixed :(

Alts shouldn't be allowed! Down with links! Down with bots! Down with scout alts! Up with true content!
Alison DeMarr
Alison DeMarr
Dark Horizon Logistics and Intelligence
Shadow's Edge Alliance

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:33:36 - [69] - Quote

Bluntmasta wrote:
Alison DeMarr wrote:
ahhhhh Patch hiccup bawwing. Come on folks. Spill more of those tasty tears.

Hahahahaha "hiccup".....I would say more like a patch stroke. When you sell people on the "power of two" for years, something should tell you to roll back the patch when you break that power that people are paying for.

"Power of Two" As in two people, not one person and a small army of simultaneous alts.
Sgt Ocker
Sgt Ocker
Military Bustards
FUBAR.

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:39:18 - [70] - Quote

Glornak Ironspawn wrote:
biz Antollare wrote:
Imperium Romanus wrote:
You would think CCP would test patches before releasing them. But I suppose they wont notice the affect this has with login numbers seeing as they are declining daily :)

The guys at CCP dont even play EVE.... and you expect them to multibox?

that's news to me. Guess CCP Manifest faked his last video upload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2eJLBu4BQ

Seriously?
A 2+ hour blurb for rookies no-one but the most masochistic is going to sit through? (IS NOT PLAYING EVE)

As for the videos content - Someone even mildly interested in playing Eve for the first time is going to give it a miss 15 mins in (if they last 15 mins that is). (worst thing is, he more than likely got paid to spend his time this way)

Any good tutorial is short concise and to the point - not 2hrs plus of "why am I watching this"

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode - Vice Admiral, Forum Dictator, Arrogant Nobody

CCP Phantom
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:40:14 - [71] - Quote

We have deployed a patch to fix this issue.

Please close your EVE Client and EVE Launcher and then restart the Launcher. This will update the client removing the bug.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer - Volunteer Manager

John WarpingSlow
John WarpingSlow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:42:53 - [72] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:
We have deployed a patch to fix this issue.

Please close your EVE Client and EVE Launcher and then restart the Launcher. This will update the client removing the bug.

Confirming, this worked here. Thank you for the quick patch to the problem.

Glornak Ironspawn
Glornak Ironspawn
Dave's Tax Shelter
Federal United Battalion of Armed Renegades

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:48:25 - [73] - Quote

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Glornak Ironspawn wrote:
biz Antollare wrote:
Imperium Romanus wrote:
You would think CCP would test patches before releasing them. But I suppose they wont notice the affect this has with login numbers seeing as they are declining daily :)

The guys at CCP dont even play EVE.... and you expect them to multibox?

that's news to me. Guess CCP Manifest faked his last video upload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x2eJLBu4BQ

Seriously?
A 2+ hour blurb for rookies no-one but the most masochistic is going to sit through? (IS NOT PLAYING EVE)

As for the videos content - Someone even mildly interested in playing Eve for the first time is going to give it a miss 15 mins in (if they last 15 mins that is). (worst thing is, he more than likely got paid to spend his time this way)

Any good tutorial is short concise and to the point - not 2hrs plus of "why am I watching this"

Well the video isn't much playing, but devs do play EVE. they just have a few restrictions.
Estevan Valladares
Estevan Valladares
WorldTradersGuild.Com

Posted - 2015.09.01 12:55:33 - [74] - Quote

For the lols:

Quote:
Another one got caught today, it's all over the forums. "Those multiboxers, they escalate us. We come in a reasonable ship, they lose, they come back with 3, 5 .. 10. They detroy us, and they call it pvp. They must be communists, they must not know democracy."

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the multiboxer ?
Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a multiboxer, enter my world...
Mine is a world that begins as a rookie... I'm smarter than most of the other rookies, this crap they talk about solo pvp bores me...
Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in a cruiser. I've listened to agents and veterans explain for the fifteenth time how to fit and fight. I understand it. "No, Ms.
Smith, I know how to fight solo, I just dont see why should I limit myself to that"

Damn kid. Probably a carebear. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found out that some people actually cant control two mouses or keyboards at the same time. Wait a second, do that is cool. It does what I want it to. If I make a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it is impossible for a human to do that...
Or feels threatened by me...
Or thinks I'm a smart ass...
Or doesn't like others having what they cant

Damn kid. All he does is play games too seriously. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the multiple screens, like a drug through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out from multiple directions, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a way of occupying all my capabilities is found.

"This is it... this is how I enjoy it..."

I know everyone here... even if they are all me, may never hear from them besides my own thoughts... I know you all...

Damn kid. Probably has no one else to play with. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed honor bull when we wanted challenge... the bits of challenge that you would choke upon through were pre-chewed and tasteless by mechanics protecting you from us. But not here, not EVE.

We've been tried by sadists, or ignored by the media. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the alts and blobs, the beauty of the concert played with both hands at multiple input devices. You call us cheaters ! We explore limits... and you call us cheaters. We seek after knowledge... and you call us cheaters. We exist without race, without identity, without religious bias... and you call us cheaters. You build systems of ofensive morals, concept wars and name calling and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the cheaters.

Yes, I am a cheater. My cheat is that of curiosity. My cheat is that of judging people by what they can accomplish or stand for, not what they show in killboards and smack talk. My cheat is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me
for.

I am a multiboxer, and this is my manifesto. You may stop one of my alts, but you can't stop me from having them ... after all, we're all one.

Orm Magnustat
Orm Magnustat
Red Serpent Industries

Posted - 2015.09.01 13:02:31 - [75] - Quote

This, CCP, was a good job!

tyvm
Shawn Tivianne
Shawn Tivianne
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.09.01 13:15:46 - [76] - Quote

Real men play one character at a time... EvE HardMode
Gankhis Khan
Gankhis Khan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.09.01 13:16:51 - [77] - Quote

was able to log in with 3 accounts, but still had a crash after coming through a gate.
Estevan Valladares
Estevan Valladares
WorldTradersGuild.Com

Posted - 2015.09.01 13:21:04 - [78] - Quote

Shawn Tivianne wrote:

Bold man does what real man cant.

CCP Explorer
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.09.01 13:44:06 - [79] - Quote

This issue was fixed at 12:20 GMT / EVE Time, sorry for the inconvenience.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Orm Magnustat
Orm Magnustat
Red Serpent Industries

Posted - 2015.09.01 14:07:35 - [80] - Quote

Estevan Valladares wrote:
Shawn Tivianne wrote:

Bold man does what real man cant.

and what abou bald men ... ?

Brown Acami
Brown Acami
Limited GoldMining Production

Posted - 2015.09.01 14:10:40 - [81] - Quote

thanks for the fix !
Lim Hiaret
Lim Hiaret
Hiaret Family

Posted - 2015.09.01 14:24:49 - [82] - Quote

Lol

Well what a funny bug! Idea From eve-offline we know now that after downtime the alt-rate is about 50 percent, right?

@CCP
Plz make the number of alts (derived from the number of clients running on the same machine and connected accounts) available through API
P
Estevan Valladares
Estevan Valladares
WorldTradersGuild.Com

Posted - 2015.09.01 14:43:56 - [83] - Quote

Lim Hiaret wrote:
Lol

Well what a funny bug! Idea From eve-offline we know now that after downtime the alt-rate is about 50 percent, right?

@CCP
Plz make the number of alts (derived from the number of clients running on the same machine and connected accounts) available through API
P

And the rage on multiboxing continues.

Lim Hiaret
Lim Hiaret
Hiaret Family

Posted - 2015.09.01 15:03:40 - [84] - Quote

Estevan Valladares wrote:
Lim Hiaret wrote:
Lol

@CCP
P

And the rage on multiboxing continues.

No rage
Just fun
Big smile
Liquid'Courage
Liquid'Courage
The Hatchery
Great Blue Balls of Fire

Posted - 2015.09.01 22:25:26 - [85] - Quote

I really, really want this to become a regular feature of the game.

I have multiple accounts, and multiple characters. I see no problem having multiple characters. But way too many people use them for rather sh!tty purposes (falcon/link alts, botting, etc). This is by far one of the simplest ways to reduce that I have ever seen.
piphus
piphus
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.09.02 01:00:12 - [86] - Quote

forget multiple clients I cant main character logged in
Infinite Destruction
Infinite Destruction
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.09.02 02:27:21 - [87] - Quote

Sorry but it is NOT fixed.

I've been patching, deleting, reinstalling on 6 clients set up on 2 computers and running into the same issues that started with the Galatea patch.
Namely the launchers (and Repair.exe) being unable to connect to the "cdn1" site to download the patch, only now they also refuse to run multiple clients.
I managed to (finally) get one client patched and exported the patch, then imported it into my other clients. However, despite getting the blue "client ready" bar when I start up a second client somewhere between the launcher exiting and EVE starting it throws an error (CCP EveFile has stopped working).

I've been able to (finally) get each client running individually and get into the game, so long as I only run one at a time. However the next problem I've noticed is that even though I was just in the game, when I start up the same client again to log into a different character, I often have to re-import the latest patch again, otherwise it sits at "initializing" forever and then throws the "can't connect to the "cdn1" site BS again.
(But if I start the client and as soon as the launcher window has loaded immediately import the last patch (again), it seems to install it and give me the blue "client ready" bar. Same situation with every client, on both computers.)

When I have been able to connect and patch (1 out of 12 times) and finally get into the game I see that I'm running version 13.08.959190.
(The latest patch in my folder is EVE_Online_959190-959295_win.patch dated 9/2/2015, 13,442 KB)

For whatever reason it either isn't updating the version number or it's not actually installing the patch, but it's letting me into the game (as long as I only run one client at a time).

Budrick3
Budrick3
POS Party
Low-Class

Posted - 2015.09.02 03:02:53 - [88] - Quote

Yeah, this is not fixed. It de-syncs, lagging, un-responsive with multiple clients open. Just fine with only one client open.
piphus
piphus
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.09.02 03:42:55 - [89] - Quote

I still cant log any of my characters in it just shows the launcher screen and thats it
CHELYBA
CHELYBA
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.09.02 12:29:57 - [90] - Quote

This issue is till present for me (yesterday everything was fine though).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240425/0826
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.