Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Skill Training Issues After Downtime on November 12, 2015

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 13 post(s)
Singur Augurao
Singur Augurao
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.12 15:38:22 - [31] - Quote

Chrone Orti wrote:
So how CCP is going to resolve the problem of lost SP? Give veryone the fixed amont of free SP or somehow recalculate the loss for every involved character?

They will let you buy SP packets, no worries mate. P
Hanazava Karyna
Hanazava Karyna
The Foundation Of Mammon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.12 15:39:23 - [32] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

If your characters are missing skillpoints, it will not be necessary to file a support ticket for this issue, we will be reimbursing all missed skill training during downtime on Tuesday November 17th 2015.

Guys, chill. Read OP.
Aram Kachaturian
Aram Kachaturian
Aram Pleasure Hub Holding

Posted - 2015.11.12 15:40:10 - [33] - Quote

The lack of chill in this thread is alarming.

Could you please reconsider your madness?

Ruler of the Monocle Clubhouse - Skymarshal on a Cosmic Level & Owner of the Wisdom of Kings : The French Prince.

Tank Murdock Jnr
Tank Murdock Jnr
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.11.12 15:57:24 - [34] - Quote

Major Xadi wrote:

IT WAS DEM BLOOD RAIDER CEREBRAL EXCELERATORS!!!

IT WAS A TRAP!!!

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Oh oh. I was scoofing those things by the fistful.

I'd better head to a WH and huff some gas to calm down.

When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading 'Guns and Ammo', masturbating in your own faeces...do you just stop and go, 'Wow! It is amazing how f*cking crazy I really am!'?

Tara Sarison
Tara Sarison
Red Shirts

Posted - 2015.11.12 16:10:08 - [35] - Quote

My skill queue is stuck at "Completion Imminent" and has been for (I would estimate) about 9 hours. Is this the fix that was implemented, or should I expect another one?
CCP Habakuk
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.12 16:13:57 - [36] - Quote

Hi!

So first: Yes, I failed miserably in testing this change, which caused all this trouble. Oops

What happened exactly: At logging in of a character we check for trained skills and we also check if the skill queue is correct (correct time stamps and so on). If we found any mismatches we tried to fix those mismatches now, but here things went wrong. We restarted the skill queue, but forgot to save the progress of the skill, which was currently in training.

Reimbursement: We are collecting a list of all affected characters and calculate the lost training time. Next week (probably during the DT on Tuesday) we will add unallocated skill points to all these characters. The current skill training progress will NOT be changed back to the original schedule.

Basher Orlenard: I am currently looking into the logs for your character. It could be that the live fix might not have fully worked in your case. If this is indeed the case, then I'll make sure that you (and others who are affected) are fully reimbursed.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Avvy
Avvy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.11.12 16:21:25 - [37] - Quote

CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi!

So first: Yes, I failed miserably in testing this change, which caused all this trouble. Oops

What happened exactly: At logging in of a character we check for trained skills and we also check if the skill queue is correct (correct time stamps and so on). If we found any mismatches we tried to fix those mismatches now, but here things went wrong. We restarted the skill queue, but forgot to save the progress of the skill, which was currently in training.

Reimbursement: We are collecting a list of all affected characters and calculate the lost training time. Next week (probably during the DT on Tuesday) we will add unallocated skill points to all these characters. The current skill training progress will NOT be changed back to the original schedule.

Basher Orlenard: I am currently looking into the logs for your character. It could be that the live fix might not have fully worked in your case. If this is indeed the case, then I'll make sure that you (and others who are affected) are fully reimbursed.

Ok, I started a new thread as I thought it was a new issue as I shouldn't have been effected by this one. But from what you say here it appears that it is the same issue.

Although you should note, it only effected me when I altered the order of a couple of skills.

So might be wise for people not to touch their skill queue until the present skill finishes. Even then check to make sure it has updated and not reset.
Yeng Constantine
Yeng Constantine
Entropic Platoon

Posted - 2015.11.12 16:34:03 - [38] - Quote

There are many unreported cases like this. Weeks ago I have a problem and thought it was just the EVEMon not working properly but it was not. Not all player's can monitor there SP now and then because of busy schedule.
Maja Chou
Maja Chou
Ausweichcorp 3

Posted - 2015.11.12 16:41:34 - [39] - Quote

dear CCP Habakuk

there is still a problem with the skill here who was running while this accident

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20221139/Skillfehler%202.png

Ingame it shows skill on 4, SP in it full lvl5 AND some % skilled in it AND less hours Skilltime needet at it would be like started training from 4 into 5 since DT
Evemon Show lvl4 skill 23% trained to 5

so this special Skill is still "broken" at the Moment

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20221139/Skillfehler%2012.11.2015.png
there is a luckely taken Evemon Screen after DT who show the korrekt SP till DT if this help to recalculate the SP

p.s.: i am searching a nice stone to throw at you ;)
Mizhir
Mizhir
Matari Exodus

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:01:38 - [40] - Quote

Quote:
Characters logging in from 14:30 UTC onward will be unaffected.

I have logged in after that but the skill I was training still got reset.

One Man Crew - Collective Solo PVP - Video is out!

Avvy
Avvy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:06:24 - [41] - Quote

Mizhir wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, likewise, it only reset when I changed the order slightly in the skill queue. Although the reset skills location wasn't changed.

It sounds to me all skills presently training are at risk.

The question is if the skill queue is left untouched will the skill complete when it should or reset.
Jimmy Canidae
Jimmy Canidae
Tuatha De Canid

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:10:26 - [42] - Quote

Avvy wrote:
Mizhir wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, likewise, it only reset when I changed the order slightly in the skill queue. Although the reset skills location wasn't changed.

It sounds to me all skills presently training are at risk.

The question is if the skill queue is left untouched will the skill complete when it should or reset.

Ditto. Every time I log in and change training order, the skill currently training resets.
Johnny Riko
Johnny Riko
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:13:59 - [43] - Quote

"issue resolved".
Not only will it take the best part of a week to repair the damage from this FU, but it also isn't actually resolved. Good job CCP.

I wanna join up. I think I got what it takes to be a Citizen.

Odeva Pawen
Odeva Pawen
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:22:44 - [44] - Quote

I believe that the problem is still there. I logged in about 10 minutes ago, and I saw that my skill training was normal. But then, I rearranged some skills in the queue, and now the skill I was training went back to the beginning.

Overheat Keyboards! Load Rage posts! Prepare for a long, seething, back and forth about irrelevant things!

Dagnar
Dagnar
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:27:43 - [45] - Quote

I was training freighter 5, around 10 days to go. As of today it reset to 32 days to go.
CCP Habakuk
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.12 17:52:21 - [46] - Quote

Hi again,

We identified several less frequent problems which are remaining, which will be fixed in an update tomorrow at downtime (and which will be reimbursed accordingly, if they led to further skill point loss).

For the case that your skill queue should have finished completely, but is hanging at "Completion Imminent": Please restart the client and login again.

Broxis Khoros
Broxis Khoros
Catastrophic Overview Failure
Brave Collective

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:02:53 - [47] - Quote

Do NOT rearrange your skill queue! Just lost ~4-5 days of training!

Problem is not fixed. Should I ticket this CCP? How do you know exactly how much we each lost to this bug? Because info war just went from 1 day 16 hrs left to 6 days 3 hours.
Soolarize
Soolarize
The Icarian Oath Utopian Society
United Corporation Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:07:39 - [48] - Quote

Broxis Khoros wrote:

Problem is not fixed. Should I ticket this CCP? How do you know exactly how much we each lost to this bug? Because info war just went from 1 day 16 hrs left to 6 days 3 hours.

Well...Shiiiiiiiit...Just moved a bunch of skills thinking I could do this while waiting for my SP to come back.

Frankly CCP this is getting embarrassing.

CEO @ The Icarian Oath Utopian Society [I.OUS]

Site Officiel

Avvy
Avvy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:11:20 - [49] - Quote

Broxis Khoros wrote:

This could be the fix they are talking about at DT tomorrow.

Although I'm not 100% sure when they use a term like less frequently, as it seems anyone that alters their skill queue will get the current skill reset.
ISD Decoy
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:16:56 - [50] - Quote

I have removed a ranting post.

Quote:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

CCP Habakuk
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:43:04 - [51] - Quote

Broxis Khoros wrote:

Under certain conditions this can indeed happen when rearranging the queue. Relogging before changing the queue will probably help (depending on the exact state of your skill queue). This will also be fixed tomorrow at DT.

You do not send a ticket for this case - this will be included in the skill point reimbursement next week.

Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation

Posted - 2015.11.12 18:49:59 - [52] - Quote

How are you identifying what characters have lost SP? I dont track SP on a daily basis and quite frankly could not remember so I could have lost SP and not know. Unless there is a system in place that determines all that are affected then it seems very unfair...
Malchoir Skir
Malchoir Skir
Isk Efficiency

Posted - 2015.11.12 19:05:44 - [53] - Quote

Sophos Mileghere wrote:
How are you identifying what characters have lost SP? I dont track SP on a daily basis and quite frankly could not remember so I could have lost SP and not know. Unless there is a system in place that determines all that are affected then it seems very unfair...

If you're using a third-party app for skill tracking that doesn't do scheduled API pulls (I'm using EveHQ which requires manual force updates), your in-game queue time will be different than the app game time.

Just logged in an alt and the in-game queue is 20 hours behind what it should be according to EveHQ (which had an API update done yesterday morning).
CCP Habakuk
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.12 19:20:32 - [54] - Quote

Sophos Mileghere wrote:

As far as I can see so far we have enough information logged on our server for this.

Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation

Posted - 2015.11.12 19:38:51 - [55] - Quote

CCP Habakuk wrote:
As far as I can see so far we have enough information logged on our server for this.

Ok thanks for confirmation. Keep up the good work guys, things break but you are good at resolving o7
Zemenophob
Zemenophob
State War Academy
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.11.12 19:41:04 - [56] - Quote

Today like 1-2hours ago in two of my accounts the current skill i was training went from 2days xhours from completion to 15+days(havent changed the skill queue list at all in the last 2 weeks) .
And in other accounts 3-4days ago when i rearranged the skill queue or added new skills there was an increase in the skill queue time of completion .
Smertyukovitch
Smertyukovitch
Caladari CareBear Corporation

Posted - 2015.11.12 19:48:19 - [57] - Quote

Tara Sarison wrote:
My skill queue is stuck at "Completion Imminent" and has been for (I would estimate) about 9 hours. Is this the fix that was implemented, or should I expect another one?

Same thing happened to me. When i saw my skill queue stuck, i paused it and restarted again. It seemed to be stuck as before so i relogged. Then i finnaly saw next skill only starting to be trained. By the looks of things i lost about 1 hour and i'm now worried thing might happen again.
Sylvia Kildare
Sylvia Kildare
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.12 20:14:25 - [58] - Quote

CCP Habakuk wrote:

Thanks for the information about the glitch itself and then especially this specific clarification about the fix.

For those of us who had skills that were on schedule to finish on or before the 17th, this news is a welcome relief. As now, our skills that are due to be done wayyyyyy after the 17th due to the glitch can just apply the unallocated SP after DT on Tuesday the 17th and... hopefully be just about set in terms of getting back to our regular schedule. Perhaps there will even be some left over to apply to other skills, but time will tell!
Amateratsu
Amateratsu
The Pegasus Project

Posted - 2015.11.12 21:17:58 - [59] - Quote

Just tried to pause my skill to reset / sync api data (Eve-Mon ect) with in game progress,.
Skill training would not pause, pause button not working, so swapped training skill with next skill in queue.

Training skill reset to level 4 wiping 11 days worth of training (including several hours of accelerated training before my advance blood acceleraator expired on 2nd november).

I hope the servers are still tracking / logging these losses....
Jerome Gouillot
Jerome Gouillot
Pangalactic Frontline Supply Agency

Posted - 2015.11.12 21:18:17 - [60] - Quote

I have the weird issue that my skill seems to train backwards at accelerated speed. Yesterday I had 5 days remaining for Logi V, this morning 6 and now 8?

THis seems to be not the same issue as described in here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240424/1925
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.