Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME - 20:15 - 2016/02/26

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 39 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Leia Jadesol
Leia Jadesol
The Tebo Corp

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.26 22:54:05 - [751] - Quote

Sophos Mileghere wrote:
Leia Jadesol wrote:
Well first free evening ( wife working, kids on stay overs), then no game time due to ccp failing to supply us eve. I hope at some point to get earning isk, via accounts mining or pve ( while avoiding my code friends.)
But no hard feelings to ccp. they do provide the best mmo game. Playying eve from 2008 and still wanting more.

But no PIZZA for the tech guys at ccp, until they get us back online.

Only you can fix your life problems Cool

I fix RL problems, in my work life. Working in the NHS, here in the UK. Far more important than a game. But eve does allow me to get away from rL, to recharge my batteries.
Ruppster Rotineque
Ruppster Rotineque
Global Gang Bangers
Northern Army

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.02.26 22:54:14 - [752] - Quote

Ghaustyl Kathix wrote:
Ruppster Rotineque wrote:
Yes, there does seem to be an increase in the amount of down times due to server issues lately. The problem is is that we want all these little gizmos and gadgets in the game (cloak timers and visual enhancements) to spice things up. The catch is the more bling you add to the game only means more code that could go wrong and interact badly with other features.
This downtime has nothing to do with "new bling." To announcement cited "a potential database issue," which has nothing to do with cloak timers and visual enhancements and things like that.

I was talking about the quantity of overall outages as of late (as commented on by the poster I was replying to), not saying that this current issue was due to an update.

Also, it is not yet known what the root cause of this "database issue" is. Coding errors are not always caught right after an update. So there is a chance this could be from a recent patch. Right now no one knows.

Daltzi
Daltzi
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:05 - [753] - Quote

Permajams and drains all cpu,Life energy and will to sit in front of the pc Poster #780
Yuriken Annages
Yuriken Annages
StarHunt
Mordus Angels

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:09 - [754] - Quote

Zetakya wrote:
Yuriken Annages wrote:
You do realise that "Drop Database Tranquility" is not a fitting response to SMA getting womped and making Mittens look like a bellend with his choice of Ally..... Sorry, Minion....... Sorry, Meat shield ........ Wait, sorry my sperg is all over the place today, whipping *****..

Come to 93PI and say that, just as soon as we can all log on.

Haha, do you want it gift wrapped and welp to shiny ribbons instead of tishu and PH? Or would you rather MoA keep showing the difference between your ass and your elbow?

Diplomacy is the art of telling somebody to go to hell, and them actually looking forward to the trip. Short Joke:_ Dwarf Shortage!!_ "I Was just clearing my guns and you got in the way...."

Industrial Production Toon
Industrial Production Toon
New Eden Shipwright LLC
Dominion Aerospace Systems

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:35 - [755] - Quote

just on a side note, selling this toon, can it still be done while servers are down?
Arturus Etuul
Arturus Etuul
The Dwarves of Mercoxit

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:40 - [756] - Quote

Wife is out, kids are in bed and I have all the time in the world to just sit and play....

Sulking face is in full effect right now!
Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation
Static Collapse

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:45 - [757] - Quote

Leia Jadesol wrote:
Sophos Mileghere wrote:
Leia Jadesol wrote:
Well first free evening ( wife working, kids on stay overs), then no game time due to ccp failing to supply us eve. I hope at some point to get earning isk, via accounts mining or pve ( while avoiding my code friends.)
But no hard feelings to ccp. they do provide the best mmo game. Playying eve from 2008 and still wanting more.

But no PIZZA for the tech guys at ccp, until they get us back online.

Only you can fix your life problems Cool

I fix RL problems, in my work life. Working in the NHS, here in the UK. Far more important than a game. But eve does allow me to get away from rL, to recharge my batteries.

Understood and respect to you - NHS does its very best :)
Rosan Tosa
Rosan Tosa
Samskara

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:55:59 - [758] - Quote

But I just started the game :((
LostinStatic
LostinStatic
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Phoenix Company Alliance

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:56:09 - [759] - Quote

Did you try unplugging/replugging it in?
Kirkof Silence
Kirkof Silence
Fedaykin Industries

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:56:10 - [760] - Quote

Large Hamster Collider of Reykjav+¡k still not working as intended?Question
Alki'biades
Alki'biades
Omni Tech Engineering

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:56:20 - [761] - Quote

Hell, I'd **** on a spark plug if I thought it would help!
**Name the movie. First one to answer gets to log in first!
BearStrikesBack
BearStrikesBack
Sequent Industry
Out of Sight.

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:00 - [762] - Quote

I demand compensation! One skill injector will be ok Big smile
Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation
Static Collapse

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:03 - [763] - Quote

Rosan Tosa wrote:

Downtime like this is very rare
Jack Xristeu
Jack Xristeu
Frontier Adventurers

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:06 - [764] - Quote

inconceivable, EO has been ddossed, hacked, whacked, heavily tested.

They need to find the culprits so they can nuke them. puke them, exhibit them naked, bake them, make them suffer, rougher..
Blitz Hacker
Blitz Hacker
Critical Mass Inc.
Luminari Conglomerate

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:19 - [765] - Quote

Gizan wrote:
Arist en Daire wrote:
Allsales Final wrote:
As one of the pioneers of Continuous Delivery and an imaginative user of version management, CCP is blazing a trail not just for game developers but also for any organisation that depends on software development.

http://www.develop-online.net/opinions/how-continuous-delivery-keeps-the-eve-universe-online/0214197

Thanks for this. The most important thing posted in 133 posts (haven't read the rest yet - smile).

Of course, folks don't like their game being interrupted, but such is reality. I do agree with those who are saying such things as "being in the midst of a mission, can I have my timer started at the point of the DT." and with the statement about having done hours for PLEX for subbing the account - and probably not the only player so impacted.

For the non-techies -- there is so much behind the scenes that has to go on - and it's not always smooth sailing - and it never will be.

"5. Store static data in the version management system, not a database"

Yeah I caught that aswell .. so just wipe the database/restore it and were gtg?
Jamella Dahl
Jamella Dahl
Old School Legion Deluxe

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:30 - [766] - Quote

Never change a running system Idea
SP... for reperation
Vitank
Vitank
Miners In Possession
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:37 - [767] - Quote

This is all an elaborate plot to get Overtime this weekend ....

/JK, keep up the good work, i don't envy this type of troubleshooting especially DB releate, mids of new gear, new code, new this, new that....

Good luck
Sazed Mayaki
Sazed Mayaki
Non-Sedentary
Off The Reservation.

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:52 - [768] - Quote

Arturus Etuul wrote:
Wife is out, kids are in bed and I have all the time in the world to just sit and play....

Sulking face is in full effect right now!

So now you have time to read 38+ pages of forum comments!
Irie Alixyar
Irie Alixyar
Relentless Terrorism
Separatists

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:57:55 - [769] - Quote

Irie Alixyar wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Due to a potential database issue, the Tranquility cluster will be shutting down at 20:15 UTC.

This shutdown is required so that our Operations team can test and fault find to ensure that the database for Tranquility remains healthy.

At this point in time we do not have an estimated time when Tranqulity will be available again, however we will continue to update you on the situation in this forum thread.

UPDATE - 20:15 UTC - TRANQUILITY IS NOW OFFLINE FOR INVESTIGATION
UPDATE - 21:00 UTC - INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING - NO ETA FOR UP TIME
UPDATE - 21:30 UTC - INVESTIGATION INTO DB ISSUES IS STILL ONGOING
UPDATE - 22:00 UTC - DATABASE ISSUES ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED - STILL NO ETA
UPDATE - 22:30 UTC - INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING INTO THE DATABASE ISSUES THAT ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED WE STILL HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE DOING - WE HAVE NOT ORDERED PIZZAS YET - ETA:YOLO
UPDATE - 22:45 UTC - FORUMS ARE BACK ONLINE AFTER FAULTFINDING - STILL NO ETA FOR TQ UPTIME
UPDATE - 22:56 UTC - WE JUST GOT SIDETRACKED MAKING ANOTHER VIDEO GAME DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF THE INVESTIGATION OF THE POSSIBLE ONGOING DATABASE ISSUES THAT ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED- WE ARE STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DO IT - EVE IS PERFECT - WE ARE CRAVING CHINESE FOOD THIS TIME IN HONOR OF THE ISK FARMERS - ETA:SWAG

Daltzi
Daltzi
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:58:04 - [770] - Quote

Industrial Production Toon please post your eveboard
Jasgor Tales
Jasgor Tales
Solar Vista.
The Anubis Accord

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:58:46 - [771] - Quote

Well the wife is making a list of things for me to do as the game is off line. Damm you downtime I am being consigned to the garden for hours of hard labour!
Mourados Denver
Mourados Denver
Lone Wolf Union
Yulai Federation

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:58:55 - [772] - Quote

It's midnight in Island.... Technicians may be called from their houses to fix issues .... so please be soft , they do great job
Blitz Hacker
Blitz Hacker
Critical Mass Inc.
Luminari Conglomerate

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:58:58 - [773] - Quote

Sophos Mileghere wrote:
Rosan Tosa wrote:

Downtime like this is very rare

Yeah it's usually about monthly/bi-monthly :P
lord xavier
lord xavier
Hax.

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:59:13 - [774] - Quote

Jack Xristeu wrote:

They need to find the culprits so they can nuke them. puke them, exhibit them naked, bake them, make them suffer, rougher..

My guess is some big coalition of RMTers who DDOS'd CCP to defend their timers all over the north.
Anhenka
Anhenka
Infinite Point
Northern Army

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:59:15 - [775] - Quote

50 Pages or bust.

In the meantime, I'm going to go wipe my hardrive and reinstall windows. Let's see if I can be ready again before CCP :P
Karlos Wraiths
Karlos Wraiths
S0utherN Comfort
Circle-Of-Two

Posted - 2016.02.26 22:59:45 - [776] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Due to a potential database issue, the Tranquility cluster will be shutting down at 20:15 UTC.

This shutdown is required so that our Operations team can test and fault find to ensure that the database for Tranquility remains healthy.

At this point in time we do not have an estimated time when Tranqulity will be available again, however we will continue to update you on the situation in this forum thread.

UPDATE - 20:15 UTC - TRANQUILITY IS NOW OFFLINE FOR INVESTIGATION
UPDATE - 21:00 UTC - INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING - NO ETA FOR UP TIME
UPDATE - 21:30 UTC - INVESTIGATION INTO DB ISSUES IS STILL ONGOING
UPDATE - 22:00 UTC - DATABASE ISSUES ARE STILL BEING INVESTIGATED - STILL NO ETA
UPDATE - 22:45 UTC - FORUMS ARE BACK ONLINE AFTER FAULTFINDING - STILL NO ETA FOR TQ UPTIME

In a Friday evening? This is realy bad... I hope there will be some skill points for this...
Dread Zeppe
Dread Zeppe
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.02.26 23:00:11 - [777] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

FORUMS ARE BACK ONLINE AFTER FAULTFINDING [/b]

XuP for forum roam

Bring your best shitposter
Need a mod and a few trolls
Blitz Hacker
Blitz Hacker
Critical Mass Inc.
Luminari Conglomerate

Posted - 2016.02.26 23:00:12 - [778] - Quote

Jack Xristeu wrote:

^^^ Obviously an eve player ^^^
Hibbe
Hibbe
Out of Pod Experience

Posted - 2016.02.26 23:00:27 - [779] - Quote

Kirkof Silence wrote:
Large Hamster Collider of Reykjav+¡k still not working as intended?Question

reason hamsters aint running is that it is ******* cold in reykjavik
Saska Samar
Saska Samar
Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.
I N F A M O U S

Posted - 2016.02.26 23:00:45 - [780] - Quote

Is this what it's like to be Australian? Oops

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 39 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,94s, ref 20240423/0040
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.