Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Early downtime on March 1

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
Electrique Wizard
Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.03.01 10:27:05 - [91] - Quote

You guys don't get it.
Unscheduled instant server crash = business as usual these days.

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Sunset Airguitar
Sunset Airguitar
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.03.01 10:35:32 - [92] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar

https://youtu.be/ip5T89jfJoA?t=29s
Tyranis Marcus
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens

Posted - 2016.03.01 10:40:08 - [93] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:
We have an early downtime on the Tranquility server on March 1, starting at 9:00 UTC.

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.

Don't try to spin it. You look bad enough without adding 'dishonest' to the list of adjectives people are using to describe you this week.

The pos I'm shooting regained 10% shields during this "early downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar", btw.

Of course, it's a lose/lose situation. If you are somehow telling the truth, that makes you look even worse for not giving a **** about your customers!

Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, "Tranquility is not a test platform." Then change back whatever you did last week that ****** everything up, and redo it where it belongs. Like maybe on the new hardware before it goes live, or somewhere, anywhere NOT the live game until it's tested and proven stable.

Don't ever forget that we pay you for this.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Gully Alex Foyle
Gully Alex Foyle
Black Fox Marauders

Posted - 2016.03.01 10:45:06 - [94] - Quote

Tyranis Marcus wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:

This is a regular downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar. During the downtime we will run some cleanup jobs and then start TQ again.

The usual downtime, starting at 11:00 UTC, won't take place on March 1. The next downtime starting at 11:00 UTC can be expected on March 2.

Don't try to spin it. You look bad enough without adding 'dishonest' to the list of adjectives people are using to describe you this week.

The pos I'm shooting regained 10% shields during this "early downtime and not an emergency reboot or similar", btw.

Of course, it's a lose/lose situation. If you are somehow telling the truth, that makes you look even worse for not giving a **** about your customers!

Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, "Tranquility is not a test platform." Then change back whatever you did last week that ****** everything up, and redo it where it belongs. Like maybe on the new hardware before it goes live, or somewhere, anywhere NOT the live game until it's tested and proven stable.

Chribba wrote:
They forgot to shift back the database DT time from 09:00 to 11:00 so the DB shut down and started jobs at the wrong time.

Not the first time hehe.

<3
Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, '"The fact that I pay to play a game shouldn't make me act like an entitled moron".

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

John Crichton Farscape
John Crichton Farscape
MTL Mining corp.

Posted - 2016.03.01 11:02:05 - [95] - Quote

JS Enforcer wrote:
John Crichton Farscape wrote:
Doyey3731 wrote:
No warning, two hours early and lasting longer than normal, but it's a regular downtime?

Listen, we understand bad things happen, but treating your paying customers like morons isn't helping things.

How about cut the crap talk, treat us like adults and just level with us? It's starting to feel like it did a few years ago.

They have ours money already, they can treat as they want, they don't care, that's why i do the only thing i can, cancel, they won't get more money from me.

You say this now because you ****** off as we all are, But you'll be on again just like the rest of us will be because EVE is the best MMO have your moan like us all but you'll be playing again due to addiction, Like us all :D

It depend of how many EvE OFFline i got before the end of my subscription, but it is not my first MMO i leave. And definitly don't want to be in front off a offline screen went i am in mood to play a game.
Tyranis Marcus
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens

Posted - 2016.03.01 11:25:30 - [96] - Quote

Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:

Chribba wrote:
They forgot to shift back the database DT time from 09:00 to 11:00 so the DB shut down and started jobs at the wrong time.

Not the first time hehe.

<3
Now, go write 100 times on the blackboard, '"The fact that I pay to play a game shouldn't make me act like an entitled moron".

I'm damned well entitled to the service that I've already paid for. You want call someone entitled morons, start pointing fingers at the people who took the lazy shortcuts that caused this mess. It is easily avoidable. It just requires more work to do so.

Gully Alex Foyle
Gully Alex Foyle
Black Fox Marauders

Posted - 2016.03.01 11:42:07 - [97] - Quote

Tyranis Marcus wrote:
I'm damned well entitled to the service that I've already paid for. You want call someone entitled morons, start pointing fingers at the people who took the lazy shortcuts that caused this mess. It is easily avoidable. It just requires more work to do so.
Look, in case you didn't notice, money is just paper, metal or data stored in a bank's servers.

On its own, it's good for nothing, except maybe to light a fire.

It takes people to do stuff, and these people have created and ran a wonderful game for 13 years.

Seriously man, I even apologize for the name-calling, but how can you be so ungrateful?

What makes you so sure that somebody didn't put enough competence and effort in doing their job? Especially considering that EVE servers run pretrty smoothly 99% of the time.

And even if mistakes were made, why are you so mad and unforgiving? Don't you ever make mistakes?

Again, sorry for my reaction, but your own reaction is unkind and also just... weird!

Silverbackyererse
Silverbackyererse
The Church of Awesome

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:02:15 - [98] - Quote

Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Rational stuff.

I think the vast majority of folks are reasonable and understanding generally mate but folks do not appreciate being patronised.

Cmon CCP, we all realise you just made a massive change to your stuffz and we can all see it's not erm "working as intented".
That's OK - crap happens but please don't hide it behind a stack of excrement posting.

Not being one to miss an opportunity, I'm AU TZ and we are really getting shafted out of game right now.
Any chance of a free set of Waschi Uprising Parade skins for your ever loyal antipodean customers? Lol

Tyranis Marcus
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:02:48 - [99] - Quote

Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
Look, in case you didn't notice, money is just paper, metal or data stored in a bank's servers.

It takes people to do stuff, and these people have created and ran a wonderful game for 13 years.

Seriously man, I even apologize for the name-calling, but how can you be so ungrateful?

What makes you so sure that somebody didn't put enough competence and effort in doing their job? Especially considering that EVE servers run pretrty smoothly 99% of the time.

And even if mistakes were made, why are you so mad and unforgiving? Don't you ever make mistakes?

Again, sorry for my reaction, but your own reaction is unkind and also just... weird!

Because when it comes to doing mountains of torturous, tedious work to ensure reliable service, I've lived it. I know what it takes. I can also recognize when people aren't doing it, and I have no forgiveness for that. (I've cleaned up plenty of those messes.) Customer service is everything. Honestly, I don't know if it's because they don't know how, or because they don't want to do the work it takes.

Also, because being lied to about it pisses me off. The point I was intending to make about the 10% shield increase is that it indicates some rollback. I'd think it would be quite unusual for a scheduled downtime to cause rollback.

I shouldn't have posted a single word, I'll admit. I sat through downtime after downtime yesterday, when I was free to play all day. I set my alarm to wake up at 3 am this morning to shoot a pos that was coming out of reinforcement, then the game shut down. I kept trying to log on after the server finally came up, only to hear, "warp drive activated" then get a black screen that wouldn't load, while I was in space next to an enemy pos during a war, and none of my corpmates were logged on. So yeah, things are getting a little frustrating. Plus it really was avoidable, if good procedures had been followed. Plus it was being spun. So I spoke my mind, like a dumbass. I did tone it down a lot from what I was really thinking at the time, but still, guess I'd better apologize.

Get it together though, guys. Come on, damnit.

Another Posting Alt
Another Posting Alt
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:08:00 - [100] - Quote

Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
I unsubbed my accounts today when my time runs out I'll go play something else.

Your stuff please.
Sol epoch
Sol epoch
Addicted To Chaos
Archetype.

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:22:12 - [101] - Quote

Tyranis Marcus wrote:
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:

Chribba wrote:

Not the first time hehe.

<3

Oh! aren't we a special snowflake.
Johnny Riko
Johnny Riko
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:27:04 - [102] - Quote

This is beyond embarrassing. You guys are game developers, not part-time computer enthusiasts.

I wanna join up. I think I got what it takes to be a Citizen.

BadLot
BadLot
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:34:41 - [103] - Quote

I hope CCP tear jar has an over flow pipe as its gonna need it TwistedTwistedRoll
Gully Alex Foyle
Gully Alex Foyle
Black Fox Marauders

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:51:05 - [104] - Quote

Tyranis Marcus wrote:
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:

Because when it comes to doing mountains of torturous, tedious work to ensure reliable service, I've lived it. I know what it takes. I can also recognize when people aren't doing it, and I have no forgiveness for that. (I've cleaned up plenty of those messes.) Customer service is everything. Honestly, I don't know if it's because they don't know how, or because they don't want to do the work it takes.

Also, because being lied to about it pisses me off. The point I was intending to make about the 10% shield increase is that it indicates some rollback. I'd think it would be quite unusual for a scheduled downtime to cause rollback.

I shouldn't have posted a single word, I'll admit. I sat through downtime after downtime yesterday, when I was free to play all day. I set my alarm to wake up at 3 am this morning to shoot a pos that was coming out of reinforcement, then the game shut down. I kept trying to log on after the server finally came up, only to hear, "warp drive activated" then get a black screen that wouldn't load, while I was in space next to an enemy pos during a war, and none of my corpmates were logged on. So yeah, things are getting a little frustrating. Plus it really was avoidable, if good procedures had been followed. Plus it was being spun. So I spoke my mind, like a dumbass. I did tone it down a lot from what I was really thinking at the time, but still, guess I'd better apologize.

Get it together though, guys. Come on, damnit.
Hey, let's all meet at the Jita monument and have a group hug!

Lol

Honestly the 'downtime' BS post got me way more laughing than angry, but that's just me I guess. I don't know what CCP were smoking when they decided to post that instead of a simple 'sorry guys, yesterday's mess isn't fully fixed yet'. I get it that that's just begging to get people exasperated.

Ralph King-Griffin
Ralph King-Griffin
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2016.03.01 12:58:47 - [105] - Quote

Gully Alex Foyle wrote:

Honestly the 'downtime' BS post got me way more laughing than angry, but that's just me I guess. I don't know what CCP were smoking when they decided to post that instead of a simple 'sorry guys, yesterday's mess isn't fully fixed yet'. I get it that that's just begging to get people exasperated.

something like "hehehehe , watch this".

CCP troll best troll

Better the Devil you know.

=]|[=

Jacques d'Orleans
Jacques d'Orleans
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:06:28 - [106] - Quote

I like donuts.

The beginning of the End

Skill injectors? Attempting to give a shyte: 0.5%

Helios Anduath
Helios Anduath
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:08:19 - [107] - Quote

Serg Gall wrote:
Can you test patches BEFORE make them live. Daily re-patches, downtime for some hours daily. It's unacceptable for paid game. Make it f2p and do as you wish.

All of these issues were not a patch, it was new hardware rollout, which you would know if you read the news posts and dev blogs...
Lianara Dayton
Lianara Dayton
Society for Peace and Unity

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:42:14 - [108] - Quote

Nice to see that CCP at least respects us paying customers enough to not blatantly lie to our faces. Ugh

My opinion of your service would sink even lower if it hand't already reached rock bottom.

Why don't you get your lore department to write us a "sincere" statement of apology..? Or sell us a few pay-to-winjectors over it?

*puke*

Lianara Dayton, Society for Peace and Unity

Sophia Mileghere
Sophia Mileghere
Scandium Defense and Security Inc.
Dark - Alliance

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:45:54 - [109] - Quote

We know that you changed the hardware for the server.
Some crash might happend after this and this is not good but we can life with that for a short time.

But to say today was an planned downtime is not okay:
If this was a planned downtime than you miss the warning and the post in forum like the last times.
The alternative is that you lie to us what is even worse.

It does not matter for me what is was because in each case CCP make an mistake and I want to hear a "Sorry" (at least)!
Sylvia Kildare
Sylvia Kildare
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:46:28 - [110] - Quote

Trillian Ororo wrote:
So someone at CCP HQ forgot to click "post" on the forum during the day... and forgot to update the launcher with the early DT notification and forgot the start the 5 minute countdown timer... Hmmm.... Time for a performance review perhaps; time for a manager to have one of "those" conversations?

I saw on Reddit that while they remembered to change the game server's downtime scheduling from 0900 to 1100 (after the previous day's early/extended/re-extended 0900-1400 (originally planned) downtime)... they forgot to change the database server's downtime scheduling, and so it thought it was supposed to go down at 0900 again, just like the day before.

The game server, meanwhile, was planning on warning us at 60 minutes before, 15 minutes before, and 5 minutes before the usual 1100 time. But the database server gives no such warnings, so it just crapped out at 0900, repeating the previous day's special downtime start.

That's why there was no warning, and that's why CCP didn't write this thread or update the EVE Status twitter until afterwards, because they weren't expecting it to happen. It's also why the error messages and the login screen errors (incompatible build) and so forth were so weird, because it was 100% database server, not the usual way downtime happens.
Pandora Bokks
Pandora Bokks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:46:32 - [111] - Quote

Helios Anduath wrote:
]

All of these issues were not a patch, it was new hardware rollout, which you would know if you read the news posts and dev blogs...

While it was not a patch - it was also not TQT3:

Early & Extended Downtime GÇô 2016/02/29 GÇô 09:00 GÇô 14:00 UTC
An extended downtime will take place on Monday, February 29th 2016, in order to perform significant hardware and database configuration changes to the Tranquility cluster. This downtime will involve complex work on the underpinnings that power New Eden, and as such weGÇÖd like to take the cluster down for a significant amount of time, totaling five hours of downtime. This downtime will help prepare for Tranquility Tech III!

You would know if you read and understood the news posts and devblogs ...
Helios Anduath
Helios Anduath
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave

Posted - 2016.03.01 13:57:28 - [112] - Quote

Pandora Bokks wrote:
While it was not a patch - it was also not TQT3:

Early & Extended Downtime GÇô 2016/02/29 GÇô 09:00 GÇô 14:00 UTC
An extended downtime will take place on Monday, February 29th 2016, in order to perform significant hardware and database configuration changes to the Tranquility cluster. This downtime will involve complex work on the underpinnings that power New Eden, and as such weGÇÖd like to take the cluster down for a significant amount of time, totaling five hours of downtime. This downtime will help prepare for Tranquility Tech III!

You would know if you read and understood the news posts and devblogs ...

Actually, it was TQ Tech3 deployment: Friday was prep, Monday was deployment:

Tweet from Server Admins

Reddit post from CCP Darwin

and it has been said in numerous other places, plus they dropped a hint that Feb 29th was the day in one of the dev blogs.

Helios Anduath
Helios Anduath
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave

Posted - 2016.03.01 14:01:12 - [113] - Quote

Lianara Dayton wrote:
Nice to see that CCP at least respects us paying customers enough to not blatantly lie to our faces. Ugh

My opinion of your service would sink even lower if it hand't already reached rock bottom.

Why don't you get your lore department to write us a "sincere" statement of apology..? Or sell us a few pay-to-winjectors over it?

*puke*

They are not lying at all and aas far as the DB server was concerned, it was scheduled DT. In all the chaos from yesterday, they missed changing the DB server's scheduled downtime back from 09:00.

CCP Foxfour wrote:
With all the hardware changes yesterday and the early downtime of 0900 and all the glitches afterwards we forgot to change the DT settings on the DB from 0900 to 1100. We did change it for the game cluster though. So the game expected DT at 1100 but the DB saw 0900 and just killed it all and ran its downtime jobs.

If you pulled your head out of wherever it was stuck you might have realised that they have just spent a chunk of dough on a boatload of new hardware to improve your gaming experience.
Eddie Beeblebrox
Eddie Beeblebrox
invalid
Bad Intention

Posted - 2016.03.01 14:18:39 - [114] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:

The more important questions is, can we expect any more downtimes during the evenings like we have been having? Blink
Patrick Solet-Larsen
Patrick Solet-Larsen
The Killer Cockatoos

Posted - 2016.03.01 14:37:00 - [115] - Quote

Instead of giving us SP or ISK I would like to see a new feature added like the introduction of a Death Star and the ability to destroy entire planets, that would keep me interested.
Lykouleon
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.

Posted - 2016.03.01 14:57:35 - [116] - Quote

Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
I unsubbed my accounts today when my time runs out I'll go play something else.

Can I have your SP?

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Chalkias Bosphorus
Chalkias Bosphorus
The Pleiadians
Justice League of Space

Posted - 2016.03.01 15:03:31 - [117] - Quote

Downtime again ?
Storm Mistress
Storm Mistress
Solar Vista.
The Anubis Accord

Posted - 2016.03.01 15:05:05 - [118] - Quote

Again so it would seem!
Luke Skywalking
Luke Skywalking
SRS-BSNS

Posted - 2016.03.01 15:06:06 - [119] - Quote

so... ..

This is not a scheduled one is it?

Galphram NefreX
Galphram NefreX
EXCO Industrial

Posted - 2016.03.01 15:07:01 - [120] - Quote

Socket Closed...on my accounts just lovely..must be a scheduled downtime..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240424/0619
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.