Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:UNSCHEDULED SERVER DOWNTIME - 2016-03-27

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation
Static Collapse

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.03.27 11:01:57 - [31] - Quote

Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
I get this isn't easy to host a game that is this size. But if my servers where I work had failures this often I would lose my job, or at the very least my clients would go elsewhere.

but but but... muh home server ran for 30 days with no trouble, these are idiots are CCP Roll
l Like BigButts
l Like BigButts

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.03.27 11:02:17 - [32] - Quote

Cool beans SmilePirate

When a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face, you respect her.

Kitsune Rei
Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:02:23 - [33] - Quote

Llawa wrote:
Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:
I get this isn't easy to host a game that is this size. But if my servers where I work had failures this often I would lose my job, or at the very least my clients would go elsewhere.

Seriously, why bother with that comment? That said, congrats on being the first overly entitled crap poster in the thread.

Ship toasters gonna ship toast.
Jemalous
Jemalous
ANZAC ALLIANCE
Fidelas Constans

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:02:41 - [34] - Quote

Thanks for the update!

Sophos Mileghere
Sophos Mileghere
Ars Goetia Corporation
Static Collapse

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:02:43 - [35] - Quote

Good luck CCP, fail fast - nerds are on holidays :)
Eagles Beak
Eagles Beak
Eagles United

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:02:52 - [36] - Quote

Noone haven't suggested it yet so i call it.

Did you remember to feed the hamster before easter? ^^
Kitsune Rei
Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:03:11 - [37] - Quote

Ryac Sampaio wrote:
Inb4 "I want free SP!"

Too late Big smile
kelcier zaint
kelcier zaint
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:03:16 - [38] - Quote

Keep up the good work, kick that lazy giant space hamster!
Silent Silhouette
Silent Silhouette
Cult of Speed
The Explicit Alliance

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:03:37 - [39] - Quote

CCP does not want this war to end due to a mass dc ......
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:03:53 - [40] - Quote

Requiem Jofama wrote:
First day of summertime, all drops exactly 1h before DT.
Did someone forget to set the new servers to UTC? ^^

Nahhh... We'd never do a thing like that...

... Big smile

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Fon Win
Fon Win
Win-Star Corp

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:04:11 - [41] - Quote

I heard everyone gets a free Velator to compensate for the inconvenience.
SillyWaif
SillyWaif

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:04:25 - [42] - Quote

Cheers for the info.
Makoto Ikkansai
Makoto Ikkansai
Torikoshi Science and Logistic

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:04:51 - [43] - Quote

Check for convertion mistake: (date_get_timezone_db returns UTC only)

Beware! This example is completely other db, but any kind of db can occure this kind of problem:

In date , dates were converted to UTC before being saved in the database
In date (without patch), dates are now converted to whatever the site or user timezone is set before being saved to the database

-> european country change time in summer, the dc happend exactly as the european would say "happy downtime"
Cellita Nardieu
Cellita Nardieu
The Clandestine Operations Project
Black Wing Syndicate

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:06:01 - [44] - Quote

Sneekeypete NZXT wrote:

It really depends on circumstances and the policy of the company ... don't just see the technical aspect of things.
If it's what I think it happens, it's not the "on duty" guy who is responsible of this problem and it's easy to fix.

And I thank that guy to work during easter day.
Ark Starshaper
Ark Starshaper
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:07:07 - [45] - Quote

Back online fellas
Dominic Flandru
Dominic Flandru
Das Raumfahrer Syndikat
The Volition Cult

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:07:52 - [46] - Quote

he is alife.
Qeladin
Qeladin
Bit Of Scotch And Wry

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:08:02 - [47] - Quote

Fon Win wrote:
I heard everyone gets a free Velator to compensate for the inconvenience.

Don't forget your free tritanium!
Pedro Valdaar
Pedro Valdaar
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:09:02 - [48] - Quote

We're back!
Cellita Nardieu
Cellita Nardieu
The Clandestine Operations Project
Black Wing Syndicate

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:09:16 - [49] - Quote

Makoto Ikkansai wrote:
Check for convertion mistake: (date_get_timezone_db returns UTC only)

Beware! This example is completely other db, but any kind of db can occure this kind of problem:

In date , dates were converted to UTC before being saved in the database
In date (without patch), dates are now converted to whatever the site or user timezone is set before being saved to the database

-> european country change time in summer, the dc happend exactly as the european would say "happy downtime"

Software and servers are probably set permanently to UTC. They don't care about timezone changes then. It's at least how it is done on server I work on.
DeMichael Crimson
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:11:21 - [50] - Quote

This reminded me of the old days when lag would strike just before getting kicked off the server.

Just before it happened I noticed the 'Cluster Shutdown Initiated' message, checked it which said it would be in 1 hr. I then pulled up a BPC to check info and got a black info box showing, closed it and then clicked show info again, got the same black box showing so I tried to open up a Station Container to put the BPC back in, nothing happened, a couple more clicks and then the notorious 'Connection Failed, Socket Closed' message showed on screen.

Then on trying to relog I got the same thing that everyone else posted.

Also the Forums are being much more buggy and takes way longer to post / connect than normal.

DMC

'The Plan' | California Eve Players | Proposal - The Endless Battle

Aden Ordinii
Aden Ordinii
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:12:10 - [51] - Quote

hmm..Mass DC? sounds like goons or russians use there favorite tactics again
Sister Marita
Sister Marita
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:12:32 - [52] - Quote

http://briongloidi.blogspot.ch/2010/09/ten-best-simpsons-internet-jokes.html

Big smileBig smileBig smile
Rose Solane
Rose Solane
MP Corporation

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:12:46 - [53] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Requiem Jofama wrote:
First day of summertime, all drops exactly 1h before DT.
Did someone forget to set the new servers to UTC? ^^

Nahhh... We'd never do a thing like that...

... Big smile

Second Daylight Saving Time issue I see this weekend (the other was not Eve related). And probably not the last one Cool
Cannot wait to get back to work and hear how much went wrong with our servers. Luckily I didn't have to work today, some of my colleagues do.
Max Slackbladder
Max Slackbladder
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:12:50 - [54] - Quote

Did someone trip over the power cord and pull it out of the wall socket???
Sandan Thoraden
Sandan Thoraden
Adocsalo Bt.

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:16:03 - [55] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

11:05 UTC - ISSUE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED
[/b]

Might we get later a short explanaiton, if it isn't super secret?
Nyctef
Nyctef
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:17:34 - [56] - Quote

It works! Thanks CCP
Jagtor
Jagtor
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:17:36 - [57] - Quote

weird - logged in now and the mission i was running is still active but warping to the guristas extravaganza reveals all the gates have dissappeared - arrived at a cosmic anomaly type signature.

guess the database lost them.
Menralways Write
Menralways Write
Boomstic Crayon Council

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:17:38 - [58] - Quote

ughhh.... my Augmented drones that i had out are gone... any chance of some replacements CCP lads?
StarRanger
StarRanger
gaming is not a crime
The Volition Cult

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:18:47 - [59] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Hey guys,

We're currently investigating an issue with Tranquility after a mass disconnect, and hope to be back online as soon as possible.

This thread will be updated as more information becomes available.

UPDATES:

10:45 UTC - TRANQUILITY IS DOWN WHILE WE INVESTIGATE A DATABASE ISSUE
11:05 UTC - ISSUE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED - WE SHOULD BE BACK ONLINE SHORTLY
11:15 UTC - TRANQUILITY IS NOW BACK ONLINE AND ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS

easter eggs has been found, yay, well done ccp Big smile

Gÿà playing with spaceships since 2003, serious business!

Oritz Charante
Oritz Charante
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.03.27 11:19:27 - [60] - Quote

Menralways Write wrote:
ughhh.... my Augmented drones that i had out are gone... any chance of some replacements CCP lads?

My drones were at the location i launched them....are you in the same spot? If not you might have to scan them down. Or petition...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240419/1538
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.