Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Recurring opportunities temporarily disabled on May 24th

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.24 16:06:27 - [61] - Quote

Juvir wrote:
Enrique Escobar wrote:
Juvir wrote:
Lost touch wrote:
Maybe the Tripe is true?

Ok ill be constructive:

Stop numbing game down...Thanks?!

If you want to add more to this game CCP maybe it would be cool if you introduce non combat pets that fly next to your ship purely for vanity ofc.

You could even sell them in the auction hou.. AUR store.

Thanks. o7

Better Futurelord Ormand?

The salt is strong with this one...
This was not just introduced to help the existing community catch up to elitests that have been playing since release, but also to make the game more new player friendly. These types of comments aren't constructive to longetivity of the game.

How will they catch up when the elitests (sic) will also be farming the 10k SP daily?

Because they're obviously too elite to be bothered with collecting and using what they think dumbs down the game.

nice mischaracterisation of peoples arguments
Hark'ma
Hark'ma
New Eden Cultural Exchange
Advent of Fate

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.24 16:07:33 - [62] - Quote

Clearly a game breaker. I would like the full purchase price of my EVE Online Download back. ;)
Galadedrid Damodred
Galadedrid Damodred
Vagrant Skies
A Band Apart.

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:33:13 - [63] - Quote

Dear CCP,

Please don't get too discouraged over the toxicity of a very vocal minority. There are just as many and more of us who understand what you're trying to accomplish and acknowledge that this form of incentive system can only lead to a positive increase in player time spent in game reflected by literally every relevant piece of research on game theory and gamification. Eve has always been and will continue to be the greatest accomplishment in the history of online gaming and you should be proud of yourselves for the extraordinary amount of care you all put into making sure we users get the absolute best experience possible. From those of us with our heads sitting comfortably on our shoulders and not up our asses, sincerely, thank you.
Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:34:57 - [64] - Quote

Galadedrid Damodred wrote:
Dear CCP,

Please don't get too discouraged over the toxicity of a very vocal minority. There are just as many and more of us who understand what you're trying to accomplish and acknowledge that this form of incentive system can only lead to a positive increase in player time spent in game reflected by literally every relevant piece of research on game theory and gamification. Eve has always been and will continue to be the greatest accomplishment in the history of online gaming and you should be proud of yourselves for the extraordinary amount of care you all put into making sure we users get the absolute best experience possible. From those of us with our heads sitting comfortably on our shoulders and not up our asses, sincerely, thank you.

nice ad hominem
Tsukino Stareine
Tsukino Stareine
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.24 16:40:32 - [65] - Quote

Dear CCP,

A positive increase in terms of numerics

A negative impact on actual game satisfaction, anyone who has come from other mmos where daily grinds were a thing knows what I'm talking about

Kids these days throwing the word "toxic" around as if they know what that means.
Gardav
Gardav
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.05.24 17:04:08 - [66] - Quote

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn this blasted RO notification off on our UI and if so would you mind sharing? I looked in options, right clicked the UI menus. So far came up empty, but I admit I am not the best at this new UI.

(before anyone asks... "sandbox" allows me to skip this stuff if I want to, or I would hope I can.)

Thanks for the assist.
Lost touch
Lost touch
Fla5hy Red.

Posted - 2016.05.24 17:06:39 - [67] - Quote

Dear CCP,

Now this is going to sound a lil crazy here but:

" Eve has always been and will continue to be the greatest accomplishment in the history of online gaming"

You know eve was broken as **** at lots of points in its history rite? If you dont remember then maybe do some research.

"more of us who understand what you're trying to accomplish and acknowledge that this form of incentive system can only lead to a positive increase in player time spent in game"

Enlighten me please, it takes a frig 20 seconds to kill a single rat how does this warrant a positive increase in player time spent in game?

Seems a lot of people defend this but dont really come up with a good argument as to how it will work practically..

Fla5hy Red the wrong way, only faster

TeamGreen
TeamGreen
PET Apes
The Bastion

Posted - 2016.05.24 18:27:25 - [68] - Quote

you should better remove this from the game .... or just let it enabled for new players ! its not that hard . thank you :) <3
Lucy Lollipops
Lucy Lollipops
State War Academy
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.24 18:32:58 - [69] - Quote

It's because CCP wants all of us to have a hisec miner alt, you make one basic miner in a venture, stop training queue on him then train another char for normal activities and the miner naturally kills a little rat everyday, slowly growing to a super-wonderful amazing-miner....

I'm a bit provoking...I know....
Titti Sabezan
Titti Sabezan
SYNDIC Unlimited

Posted - 2016.05.24 18:53:56 - [70] - Quote

Futurelord Ormand wrote:
Can you bitter players tone it down with the Salt? You give this community a bad reputation. Give your own idea contribution or stay silent, you're making these threads hundreds of pages long, full of spam by parroting the same one sentence or less tripe.

We have done -- repeatedly, and with multiple voices

1) We don't think the game needs it

2) If it has to happen, then PvP kills should count as well; also probably market trades above a certain amount, and entering/leaving W-space. In other words, sensible useful activities.
Ni Neith
Ni Neith
Hedion University
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.05.24 19:01:45 - [71] - Quote

Tsukino Stareine wrote:

Kids these days throwing the word "toxic" around as if they know what that means.

Don't worry, when they go to college they will have safe spaces with puppies, kittens and coloring pages to protect them from the toxic environment!
Lisbeth Riraille
Lisbeth Riraille
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.05.24 19:32:54 - [72] - Quote

Tsukino Stareine wrote:
Dear CCP,

A positive increase in terms of numerics

A negative impact on actual game satisfaction, anyone who has come from other mmos where daily grinds were a thing THAT I CAN'T IGNORE AARGH I HAVE NO FREE WILL MUST CHOOSE TO DO THIS BECAUSE I AM A ZOMBIE SLAVE TO OPTIMISATION AT ALL COSTS EVEN WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE knows what I'm talking about

That's my fave Britney song grandad.
Terranid Meester
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit

Posted - 2016.05.24 21:49:47 - [73] - Quote

Lan Wang wrote:
where was the csm's voice when the announcement was released and this was getting rolled out to sisi?

CC{ announced it between CSM's in a cynical ploy to force it down our throats.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is the future direction they take with changes in order to avoid CSM interaction.
Captain Quiff
Captain Quiff
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.05.24 22:24:54 - [74] - Quote

Quote:
(sic)

I don't give a crap one way or the other but I would really like to know what all this (sic) bs is about.
Forgive me I'm old and not with the times...
Enrique Escobar
Enrique Escobar
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.25 02:30:58 - [75] - Quote

Captain Quiff wrote:
Quote:
(sic)

I don't give a crap one way or the other but I would really like to know what all this (sic) bs is about.
Forgive me I'm old and not with the times...

Sic
DeMichael Crimson
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2016.05.25 04:58:40 - [76] - Quote

CCP Phantom wrote:
Update 14:55 UTC
The recurring opportunities have been fixed and are now available again on Tranquility. We apologize forthis interruption.

Original message
The recurring opportunities have been temporarily disabled on the Tranquility sever on May 24th since 13:35 UTC in order to investigate a potential issue.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Not exactly sure what the issue was but definitely good job on quickly finding and fixing it.

Just a thought, maybe have the team who fixed that start working on the other broken things in game.

DMC

'The Plan' | California Eve Players | Proposal - The Endless Battle

Sustrai Aditua
Sustrai Aditua
Irubo Kovu

Posted - 2016.05.25 05:51:51 - [77] - Quote

I feel compelled to comment.

*todders off to buff scalp*

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Pak Narhoo
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation

Posted - 2016.05.25 06:45:39 - [78] - Quote

DeMichael Crimson wrote:
CCP Phantom wrote:
Update 14:55 UTC
The recurring opportunities have been fixed and are now available again on Tranquility. We apologize forthis interruption.

Original message
The recurring opportunities have been temporarily disabled on the Tranquility sever on May 24th since 13:35 UTC in order to investigate a potential issue.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Not exactly sure what the issue was but definitely good job on quickly finding and fixing it.

Just a thought, maybe have the team who fixed that start working on the other broken things in game.

DMC

People could smartbomb multiple rats at once, so they got 10K+10k+ etc.
Highest someone got was 70k (I think), less then 30 peeps abused it knowing it was a bug that was reported to ccp twice (I think) but never got received or was plain ignored.

PS: CCP thanks for another unremovable UI clogging up item. >.>
Linus Gorp
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
Black Marker

Posted - 2016.05.25 07:45:34 - [79] - Quote

Juvir wrote:

This was not just introduced to help the existing community catch up to elitests that have been playing since release

Catch up to what exactly? Can we bittervets train skill past level 5? Is this crap going to magically give all the noobs the brain matter they need to compete at PvP?

It will make it a tad easier for new players coming into the game. It still won't allow anyone to *catch up*, since that whole *catching up* stuff is entirely ridiculous and not even an actual thing. There can only be so many SP pumped into any one skill.

We "elite" bittervets may have a much larger SP pool, but all that means is that we have a wider selection of ships and modules to choose from, if we so wish. Still won't give an advantage against someone that has much less SP, but has put his SP into essentially the same skills that we have as well.

Your *catching up* is nothing but a lie you tell yourself for whatever reason.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Rek Seven
Rek Seven
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.25 07:58:01 - [80] - Quote

It's silly to be so against something just because you have the mindset of "we had to do it the hard way, so everyone else should". EVE needs new ideas and mechanics if it is going to grow, and incentives to log on is one way of doing that.

However, the implementation is **** poor. Getting people to log on, kill a frigate and then log off done nothing for the game. It needs to be more challenging/involved... And there should be rewards other than sp for the older players who don't really need the sp.

The wishlist is pretty much complete...

Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Poseidaon

Posted - 2016.05.25 09:09:06 - [81] - Quote

I have found a use for it.

Not getting any passive training on an alt, this is just a slower way of training some skills on it.
But still, its uninteresting feature, and I would log in regardless, to make my PI facilities keep up producing.

( -á° -ƒ-û -í°)/ =ƒÅ¦ - my sandcastle

Every part of a game helps to tell a story. =ƒôò

Planetary Interaction 2.1

March rabbit
March rabbit
Mosquito Squadron

Posted - 2016.05.25 09:32:05 - [82] - Quote

My magic ball predicts huge grow in PCU which will make CCP report great success.
At the same time player interaction level will stay the same.

Marketing victory! Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Scipio Artelius
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life

Posted - 2016.05.25 09:43:44 - [83] - Quote

March rabbit wrote:
My magic ball predicts huge grow in PCU...

I'm not so sure it will move the PCU much, but will move the overall login numbers. So going to be interesting to see how the stats play out. Hopefully CCP Quant makes something public in a few weeks.

Come Win At Eve - Join The Vendunari

Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Poseidaon

Posted - 2016.05.25 10:28:25 - [84] - Quote

Scipio Artelius wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

I'm not so sure it will move the PCU much, but will move the overall login numbers. So going to be interesting to see how the stats play out. Hopefully CCP Quant makes something public in a few weeks.

But its always about the effects one needs to achieve, not the effects that are showing, because, do they think that even 0,5% rise would be a success? Its a matter of perception, if glass is half empty or half full, or is it completely irrelevant because your water is polluted and undrinkable.

( -á° -ƒ-û -í°)/ =ƒÅ¦ - my sandcastle

Every part of a game helps to tell a story. =ƒôò

Planetary Interaction 2.1

Esrevid Nekkeg
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient

Posted - 2016.05.25 11:11:50 - [85] - Quote

Nana Skalski wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

But its always about the effects one needs to achieve, not the effects that are showing, because, do they think that even 0,5% rise would be a success? Its a matter of perception, if glass is half empty or half full, or is it completely irrelevant because your water is polluted and undrinkable.
Most will still drink the Kool-aid. Even if it's glowing in the dark, smells like Victorian age sewer and produces toxic fumes.

In the end we will see what will happen, like most of us always do. And then adapt and shrug it of.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Johnny Riko
Johnny Riko
SniggWaffe
WAFFLES.

Posted - 2016.05.25 12:04:25 - [86] - Quote

Why don't CCP get some players to test things before they are released? What ever method they use for testing at the moment seems to miss a lot of bugs.

I wanna join up. I think I got what it takes to be a Citizen.

Rek Seven
Rek Seven
Art Of Explosions
404 Hole Not Found

Posted - 2016.05.25 12:12:15 - [87] - Quote

Johnny Riko wrote:
Why don't CCP get some players to test things before they are released? What ever method they use for testing at the moment seems to miss a lot of bugs.

The goal is to test if this new system encourages people to log on... How else could you test this, other than releasing it to the masses?

The wishlist is pretty much complete...

March rabbit
March rabbit
Mosquito Squadron
The-Culture

Posted - 2016.05.25 12:55:41 - [88] - Quote

Nana Skalski wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

CCP needs only one effect: something to declare success. For it they need more accounts, bigger PCU, bigger login numbers, etc...

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Joia Crenca
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.25 14:24:13 - [89] - Quote

Esrevid Nekkeg wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

Most will still drink the Kool-aid. Even if it's glowing in the dark, smells like Victorian age sewer and produces toxic fumes.

In the end we will see what will happen, like most of us always do. And then adapt and shrug it of.

Now, now, no need to bring my special home brew into all this!

I'm not completely against this, but it would be nice to be able to 'group up' the kills on a weekly basis or so. A daily login requirement can bring on burnout. Ask the WoW team!
Joia Crenca
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.25 14:26:19 - [90] - Quote

One question for CCP, I notice this topic is not in the Information forum. It's a new feature, so I'm surprised it's relegated to General?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,42s, ref 20240425/0722
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.