Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Instagram screenshot competition

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 9 post(s)
Aelavaine
Aelavaine
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.07.16 03:25:34 - [31] - Quote

How much did Instagram pay you CCP to only use/advertise their service?

Thumb down

You want more than spinning ships? Support Avatar Gameplay!

Destoration
Destoration
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.07.16 08:33:28 - [32] - Quote

You can get around the image crop/low resolution issue by commenting on your post and including a link to the original image. Really can't appreciate them at the size instagram displays. Cry
Kabaos
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene

Posted - 2016.07.16 11:39:59 - [33] - Quote

Can I use Photoshop?
Kabaos
Kabaos
Fulgur lumene

Posted - 2016.07.16 11:50:40 - [34] - Quote

Not intresting this fuc**ng instagram . Not posting there!
#EVEonline
Here my screenshots
City on the station
Chimera-station
Cervix Thumper
Cervix Thumper
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 13:03:14 - [35] - Quote

Sergey Hawk wrote:
Hey! can i win with this epic screenshot?
CCP, no offense.
Your new camera is epic sh.t and no competitions will not save this sh_t.
How many times we need ask you to fix the camera work when dynamic offset turned on?
Why my ship still fly off the screen limits? WWHHHHHYYYYYYY??????

Hold the right mouse key to pan left / right , up / down without changing the angle of the camera
Vas Vadum
Vas Vadum
Scumbag Logistics INC PTY LTD
Tactical Supremacy

Posted - 2016.07.16 13:34:03 - [36] - Quote

It would be nice if I could use screenshots from my dropbox without having to upload to instagram, as I have around 200 interesting game screenshots saved in my dropbox from my history on EVE. Some good, some just meh. But yea. Screenshots dating all the way back to 2012. Screenshots of planets that didn't load their textures properly and looked pretty awesome. Screenshot of a star with a forcefield around it (or so it looked like :P)

I figured I might as well provide the screenshot link, its also in my bio on eve gate/in game.
http://www.dropbox.com/sh/uusdlxcxawg7i2d/9gV36OZL8H
I hope that I can get these submitted without using Instagram, I hear bad things about it and don't trust it. There are a few in particular I think would be specifically good for submitting but I use this folder for all my no HUD related screenshots in game and don't delete any because it'd make the number system odd and such. Two were taken at lowest graphic settings just to show how badly everything looks at lowest. :P
Cervix Thumper
Cervix Thumper
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 14:05:37 - [37] - Quote

lols this was sent to me:

http://imgur.com/a/OuEEZ

yea... enter that one buddy :P
Anataine Deva
Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.07.16 15:22:09 - [38] - Quote

Since I don't have an Instagram account and therefore am excluded from participation, I'll dump some shots here instead:

Widow
Federation Day YC118 in Dodixi
Mining Barge
7th Annual New Year's EVE Celebration in Umokka
2nd Tribal Assembly Anniversary in Pator

Give The BIG Lottery a try and me your Fedos!

Cervix Thumper
Cervix Thumper
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 17:11:00 - [39] - Quote

that last one looked amazing
KUDOS
Markus Reese
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 17:16:08 - [40] - Quote

Way too much fapping about for me. Dunno why not twitter or something more global. Take all my high res pics, and transfer them one at a time to my phone, then get an app for my phone. Nah. I will harass on twitter.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Markus Reese
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 17:26:24 - [41] - Quote

Tossed a few in these albums of my more liked out of the hundreds of vetted screenshots pulled from a pool of thousands. Not a single one doctored. 100% game engine

Desktop samples

My more favorite album pics

These are some of my nicer ones over the years and are also in the albums there. Many are not uploaded, and my old photobucket contained considerably more before that site went to trash.

Boom

Glorious space
Turbulence
Phantoms
Gone Berserk
Hyperion

These few are day one screenshots. So each one was a pic I took on release day of the according picture.

Wormholes
Seyllin
Scorpion

To quote Lfod Shi

Mostlyharmlesss
Mostlyharmlesss
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.07.16 17:49:23 - [42] - Quote

So let me get this straight, you're making a competition where a third party App is the entry requirement, since you have to take the screenshot on your computer and move it to your phone afterwards anyways.

Like, what is the reasoning to even have instragram involved in this?

Are you completely disconnected from your userbase - Seriously, how many EVE player strikes you as the Instagram type?

Follow me on Twitter for the latest regarding GoonSwarm Federation and our recruitment drives!

CCP Leeloo
CCP Leeloo
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2016.07.16 18:09:09 - [43] - Quote

Mostlyharmlesss wrote:
Are you completely disconnected from your userbase - Seriously, how many EVE player strikes you as the Instagram type?

We received over 200 screenshots so far. So quite a few. You can wait for a different competition that would be hosted for a suitable for you platform if you don't want to use Instagram.

CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo

Wilhelm Arcturus
Wilhelm Arcturus
Black Sheep Down
Tactical Narcotics Team

Posted - 2016.07.16 18:22:46 - [44] - Quote

My Instagram account isn't in anyway associated with my EVE Online accounts or characters. I don't mind uploading a screen shot or two there, tagged and such, but on the off chance one should win, will notification come through Instagram as well?
CCP Leeloo
CCP Leeloo
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2016.07.16 18:29:52 - [45] - Quote

Wilhelm Arcturus wrote:
My Instagram account isn't in anyway associated with my EVE Online accounts or characters. I don't mind uploading a screen shot or two there, tagged and such, but on the off chance one should win, will notification come through Instagram as well?

We will announce the winners and how to get your prizes on the next o7 show. If you miss it, you can check the recording on YouTube later or just poke me directly at any time.

CCP Leeloo | Community Developer | @ccp_leeloo | [email protected]

Eleonora Crendraven
Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG

Posted - 2016.07.16 18:31:27 - [46] - Quote

CCP Leeloo wrote:
We received over 200 screenshots so far. So quite a few. You can wait for a different competition that would be hosted for a suitable for you platform if you don't want to use Instagram.

Yes, not everybody wants to use Instagram/ wants to create an account just for that.
But otherwise, really good idea, a screenshot competition. Next time, maybe Twitter? Blink

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

Markus Reese
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.16 19:06:27 - [47] - Quote

Eleonora Crendraven wrote:
CCP Leeloo wrote:

Yes, not everybody wants to use Instagram/ wants to create an account just for that.
But otherwise, really good idea, a screenshot competition. Next time, maybe Twitter? Blink

I am just tweeting @eveonline random screenshots of mine. It is one thing to upload direct from comp. I don't know why would choose instagram as a medium since it doesn't really connect well to eve play. So I will wait for a suitable platform myself. Unfortunate that a simple contest has to be made a hassle for people who don't have phablets.

Also, for a screenshot competition, 200 isn't too much after a day. Hell I would be 50 myself if I could access it from pc and those are only the ones that I consider top quality. Toss in more generic screenshots and.... Shoot, my screenshot folder unfiltered is several gigs of eve.

To quote Lfod Shi

Mostlyharmlesss
Mostlyharmlesss
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.07.16 19:55:46 - [48] - Quote

CCP Leeloo wrote:
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:

This is a completely empty number if you don't have anything to compare it to.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest regarding GoonSwarm Federation and our recruitment drives!

Fiddly Pop
Fiddly Pop
The Conference Elite
CODE.

Posted - 2016.07.17 04:50:54 - [49] - Quote

Mostlyharmlesss wrote:

if you compare it to zero it's two hundred more
Anataine Deva
Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.07.17 06:25:02 - [50] - Quote

Fiddly Pop wrote:
Mostlyharmlesss wrote:

If you compare it to the thousands I have alone it's nothing.

The contest itself is good, the restriction to Instagram only is bad.

Fiddly Pop
Fiddly Pop
The Conference Elite
CODE.

Posted - 2016.07.17 16:20:03 - [51] - Quote

for the longest time i didn't know what to do with 200+ screen shots of freighters without permits facing justice. Thanks CCP!
Markus Reese
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.17 21:36:29 - [52] - Quote

Anataine Deva wrote:

If you compare it to the thousands I have alone it's nothing.

The contest itself is good, the restriction to Instagram only is bad.

Lonely Fireworks[/quote]

Oooh, I like that one. Was it planned or was it one of those ones where you were just snapping and caught a good one?

Great contrast with the colors!

Last Christmas

With CCP crashing the party

To quote Lfod Shi

Anataine Deva
Anataine Deva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.07.18 07:16:28 - [53] - Quote

Markus Reese wrote:
Anataine Deva wrote:
Lonely Fireworks

Oooh, I like that one. Was it planned or was it one of those ones where you were just snapping and caught a good one?
Kind of both. The firework above the docking port wasn't planned nor the colors. I toyed a little bit with the perspective but for the final shot you need always a little bit luck.

Lonely Fireworks #2

Federation Day YC118 #2
Widow #2, Widow #3

Here my Widow had an engine error, luckily I didn't jumped right into the station :P
propulsion failure

Markus Reese
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.18 15:44:28 - [54] - Quote

Anataine Deva wrote:
... but for the final shot you need always a little bit luck.

Lonely Fireworks #2

Oh man, heck yeah. I can spam screenshots and not get a good one, only to snap button once on reflex and a shot never able to be repeated.

Oh, on topic of never again shots:

Mysterious Drifter Anomaly

Sansha in Yulai

When they redid scorpion hull, I had fun.

Scorpion drive thru

I had a good one where it looks like my scorpion is about to eat my friend's shuttle but cannot find it.

To quote Lfod Shi

Ralph King-Griffin
Ralph King-Griffin
Devils Rejects 666
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2016.07.18 18:32:55 - [55] - Quote

this was not mine but actuallly made me spit coffee when i saw it

Better the Devil you know.

=]|[=

Ganthrithor
Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.07.19 02:35:43 - [56] - Quote

I submitted some shots, all unedited. Mostly vintage stuff from 2010 or older; I have screenshots going back to 2007 :)

It was fun remembering earlier years when the game seemed more consequential and I had more time & inclination to play it.
Erebus Vain
Erebus Vain
State War Academy
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.07.19 08:51:06 - [57] - Quote

Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
this was not mine but actuallly made me spit coffee when i saw it

That one is worth a coffee related malfunction :D
Fiddly Pop
Fiddly Pop
The Conference Elite
CODE.

Posted - 2016.07.20 13:33:57 - [58] - Quote

It's a shame Instagram pictures are so small, makes it hard to see the details of the great graphics CCP has created.
MechaLynx
MechaLynx

Posted - 2016.07.20 14:39:25 - [59] - Quote

unquoted because of forum limitations
Quote:

kiser horgan > You do know instagram doesn't allow you to upload from your pc right?
CCP Leeloo > It would appear that I do. Would you like an instruction on how to pass the file from your PC to your phone? Smile

If you guys already know this, why pick Instagram in the first place? Do you think we're complaining about Instagram because we're incompetent or stupid? Unfortunately it makes me agree with this post:

Aelavaine wrote:
How much did Instagram pay you CCP to only use/advertise their service?

Thumb down

I'm usually the one correcting people who say stuff like that. And what's this:

CCP Leeloo wrote:

How can we even expect a different platform next time, when you picked one that you already knew would give us trouble? Why expect something other than Instagram when Twitter/Imgur where already the obvious choice and you knowingly picked something far less usable?

CCP Leeloo wrote:

These are pretty awesome! I'll make sure you get a spotlight on our Instagram feed <3

Which means there was no reason to use Instagram in the first place, if it's so easy to spotlight screenshots submitted through this thread.

CCP Leeloo wrote:

Emulation software might help :)

What a terrible answer. BlueStacks has a dodgy reputation as do other out-of-the-box emulation options. The Android SDK Emulator is quite hard to set up for this, not to mention complicated and doing it either way requires either getting the Play Store apks (which is not really acceptable to Google, there are only third-party options for this) or getting the Instagram apk from a third-party, making this not only a huge undertaking for someone not technically in-the-know but also very risky.

We will announce the winners and how to get your prizes on the next o7 show. If you miss it, you can check the recording on YouTube later or just poke me directly at any time.

Why not just edit the OP here for the winners? This policy along with:

The rules are simple:

[*] Follow us on instagram

makes me think this is an attempt to promote the eveonline Instagram account and the o7 show, which is fair enough in itself, but this competition structure is such a tease and incredibly frustrating for those of us that do take a lot of screenshots.

If you wanted to gain a following on Instagram and have us watch the o7 show, the much more efficient route would have been:

1. Submit screenshots in this thread
2. Pick the ones to spotlight on your Instagram account
3. Ask us to follow it
4. Devote 10-15 minutes on the o7 show on this
5. Remind us that we can follow the eveonline instagram on the o7 show
6. Announce winners in the OP of this thread and the o7 show live
7. Profit

It would be the same amount of work for you (since you'd still have to go through all the screenies), we would be happy, you'd get far more participation and you'd generate just as many followers on Instagram. Plus, this thread wouldn't be mostly people complaining about Instagram. In the world of UX, it's been known for ages now that trying to force people to subscribe or follow doesn't work the way you want it to - this is why pretty much anyone who knows anything about UX considers the silly "subscribe to read the entire article" trick to be terrible and in fact reduce your conversion rate instead of increase it. This approach doesn't differ at all. Please reconsider for next time.
Fiddly Pop
Fiddly Pop
The Conference Elite
CODE.

Posted - 2016.07.20 14:39:49 - [60] - Quote

Here are the images I posted for the contest so far.

http://imgur.com/a/3U8Rg

all have been crop to 1080px wide, Instagram's max

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240425/0156
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.