Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2016/10/21 - Login Issues

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 8 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.10.21 17:02:59 - [1] - Quote

There are currently ongoing login issues due to the fact that one of our service providers is experiencing a Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.

This means that while players currently connected to EVE are not likely to be affected, those attempting to log in my have issues doing so. This issue may also affect our forums, account management services and any other web based services, as well as the New Eden Store in game.

We will provide updates in this thread as soon as we know more about the situation.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.10.21 17:18:49 - [2] - Quote

Yeah, it looks pretty nuts. Shocked

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2016.10.21 17:34:57 - [3] - Quote

Quince Rin wrote:
CCP Falcon,

Is this still Dyn or is it now EVE specific?

Still specific to the provider, no direct attack at this stage Smile

ISD Arooga
ISD Arooga
ISD STAR

Posted - 2016.10.21 18:31:35 - [4] - Quote

I think for this EvEning, EvE is resting.

Grab a friend, a girl/boyfriend, go to a restaurant, pub, club and go have rl fun.

Pew Pew will still be here tomorrow :)

Captain

ISD STAR (Support Training and Resources)

Helping new players undock since 2003

ISD do not reply to EVE Mails or PMs to discuss moderation actions. Please contact Customer Support in those cases.

ISD Max Trix
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2016.10.21 19:08:11 - [5] - Quote

Forum Rules of Conduct wrote:

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.
#

Post and those quoting it removed for the above reason.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Evemails.

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2016.10.21 20:58:38 - [6] - Quote

Will In'Ganable wrote:
Sophos Mileghere wrote:
Will In'Ganable wrote:

What level of operational monitoring do you have in place to detect these kinds of issues?

What is your RTO & RPO?

How many instances of this kind of issue have you had in the last 3, 6, 12 and 24 months?

What are your remuneration plans for your affected customers?

And last, but by no means last, what plans do you have in place to mitigate this risk in future?

This has to be the worst post of the day, please understand this is a game and not a FTSE100

I'm still a paying customer, and there is an expectation that ANY business should be able to maintain service.

Are you SERISOULY telling me you don't care if CCP can't provide service?

All of the questions boil down to "Are you taking your service support and customers seriously?"

I just want to see the plan is all :)

This is entirely out of our control.

Also, I hate quoting the EULA, but:

EULA Section 11 - NO WARRANTIES wrote:

While CCP attempts to have the System available at most times, CCP does not guarantee that the System will always be available, or that the System will not become unavailable during Game play. The System may become unavailable for a number of reasons, including without limitation during the performance of maintenance to the System, for the implementation of new software, for emergency situations and due to equipment or telecommunications failures.

CCP Explorer
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2016.10.21 21:13:49 - [7] - Quote

Quince Rin wrote:
CCP Falcon,

Is this still Dyn or is it now EVE specific?
It's the attack on Dyn DNS.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

CCP Explorer
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2016.10.21 21:17:32 - [8] - Quote

DrysonBennington wrote:
Doesn't CCP have the ability to deflect a DDoS attack?

There has to be algorithm that would detect any odd disturbances with a connection that would not be deemed normal.

Most likely an LOIC attack for those interested.
We do, but this wasn't a DDoS attack on us, this was against Dyn DNS that is our DNS provider.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240424/1917
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.