Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:The EVE Store Is Back Online!

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 14:52:14 - [61] - Quote

How to build a sensible online store for branded merchandise:

1) find a partner whose business is custom branded merchandise and sells & delivers it worldwide at competitive rates
2) license your IP brand products to them and co-develop what items you want to brand and how (t-shirts yes, dildos no; ship artwork yes, your devs' mug shots no)
3) ask them to build you, or build it yourself, a storefront microsite for selling the custom apparel branded with your IP, based on the backend code they already use for operating their business
4) charge a royalty fee for each print/embroid of your IP and let professionals bother with production and delivery of the item
5) relax & profit

When you need to travel to a city with no regular air links, you don't start by finding someone who can build an airplane for you while you take flight lessons. You just hire a travel agent to charter a flight for you and let the airline bother with the details of actually flying an airplane to your destination in time.

But, who knows?
Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 17:21:28 - [62] - Quote

Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
But, who knows?

Thats, thats just stunning. =ƒÿ«=ƒÖç

Every part of a game helps to tell a story. =ƒôò =ƒÜÇ

Where is Angry CONCORD guy when you need him.

GëíGïüGëí GÖÑ

Jenn aSide
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2016.11.18 20:03:58 - [63] - Quote

Hey CCP why was this vendor chosen? I haven't tried to order anything yet and if I do i'm in Texas so i won't get screwed, but lots of my UK/Euro corp mates are disgusted.

First off, who in the high hells uses the United States Postal Service to deliver goods to in international clientele? It would be like me saying "screw emailing that guy, i'll just tie a note to this carrier pigeon and hope for the best...sometime next month". I don't know of ANY reputable companies that deliver things via USPS, and if they did they'd give you the option of using UPS or FedEx.

Hell, FedEx and UPS are CHEAPER for the company itself, what kind of partner did CCP pick that uses a more expensive (to them) method of shipping? And already several of my corp mates are complaining that the vendor is out of stuff they want to buy.

WTF CCP? This doesn't inspire confidence or make me want to buy stuff from them, a shop like this should be a very simple matter. Someone in your company seems to have dropped the ball on vetting this partner's operations and capabilities.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.11.18 21:46:41 - [64] - Quote

Nana Skalski wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
But, who knows?

Thats, thats just stunning. =ƒÿ«=ƒÖç

It was implemented just a few months ago; the customization is made by http://www.spreadshirt.net and the rest might not be too far from what I suggested. The delivery costs to Australia are GBP 7.99 via DHL ordinary service (up to 20 days), whereas it's 7 to 9 days and GBP 3.19 for continental Europe via UPS ordinary or regular post.

I would lie if I said I expected CCP to be able to aim for anything better than charging 90 $ for delivering a t-shirt.
Akira Kata
Akira Kata
AkiCo LLC

Posted - 2016.11.19 02:38:23 - [65] - Quote

Hoodies and jackets with faction insignia, please- colors should reflect individual faction style.
Dominous Nolen
Dominous Nolen
We're Happy In Wormhole Space

Posted - 2016.11.19 04:18:16 - [66] - Quote

Winter Archipelago wrote:
TehHouse wrote:

Might want to keep this in mind when you order, especially seeing as you can't get a refund in the event they don't have what you ordered, only a store credit.

If you used a credit card, dispute it with the card company and explain the situation. Don't let scummy online retailers screw you over.

I'm really not liking where this going so far, just saying CCP.

@dominousnolen

The Actuary
The Actuary
I blame my mother

Posted - 2016.11.19 14:27:21 - [67] - Quote

I am really scratching my head over this.

I think the last time ccp shared subscriber locations was back in 2008 but I wouldn't be surprised if the spread is still similar. If that's the case then they have just opened a store that is only really viable for 37% of their market.

( 2008 subs data:

United States - 37.06% subscribers ; 87,091 out of 304,177,000 citizens ( 0.0286% of population - one in 3493 humans )
United Kingdom - 13.92% subscribers ; 32,712 out of 60,587,300 citizens ( 0.0540% of population - one in 1852 humans )
Others worldwide - 10.50% subscribers ; 24,675 out of 5,549,445,701 citizens ( 0.0004% of population - one in 224902 humans )
Germany - 8.05% subscribers ; 18,918 out of 82,210,000 citizens ( 0.0230% of population - one in 4346 humans )
Russia - 5.54% subscribers ; 13,019 out of 142,008,838 citizens ( 0.0092% of population - one in 10908 humans )
Canada - 4.84% subscribers ; 11,374 out of 33,275,000 citizens ( 0.0342% of population - one in 2926 humans )
Australia - 3.04% subscribers ; 7,144 out of 21,310,000 citizens ( 0.0335% of population - one in 2983 humans )
France - 2.47% subscribers ; 5,805 out of 64,473,140 citizens ( 0.0090% of population - one in 11107 humans )
Netherlands - 2.30% subscribers ; 5,405 out of 16,408,557 citizens ( 0.0329% of population - one in 3036 humans )
Sweden - 2.28% subscribers ; 5,358 out of 9,196,227 citizens ( 0.0583% of population - one in 1716 humans )
Denmark - 2.24% subscribers ; 5,264 out of 5,475,791 citizens ( 0.0961% of population - one in 1040 humans )
Norway - 1.43% subscribers ; 3,361 out of 4,752,735 citizens ( 0.0707% of population - one in 1414 humans )
Finland - 1.05% subscribers ; 2,468 out of 5,308,208 citizens ( 0.0465% of population - one in 2151 humans )
Ukraine - 0.90% subscribers ; 2,115 out of 46,372,700 citizens ( 0.0046% of population - one in 21926 humans )
Poland - 0.84% subscribers ; 1,974 out of 38,518,241 citizens ( 0.0051% of population - one in 19513 humans )
Austria - 0.81% subscribers ; 1,904 out of 8,316,487 citizens ( 0.0229% of population - one in 4369 humans )
Belgium - 0.75% subscribers ; 1,763 out of 10,584,534 citizens ( 0.0167% of population - one in 6005 humans )
Romania - 0.67% subscribers ; 1,575 out of 22,246,862 citizens ( 0.0071% of population - one in 14129 humans )
Spain - 0.59% subscribers ; 1,387 out of 45,200,737 citizens ( 0.0031% of population - one in 32601 humans )
Hungary - 0.41% subscribers ; 964 out of 10,041,000 citizens ( 0.0096% of population - one in 10421 humans )
Brazil - 0.31% subscribers ; 729 out of 186,757,608 citizens ( 0.0004% of population - one in 256359 humans )
Dibz
Dibz
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.11.19 18:27:45 - [68] - Quote

CCP, you guys are terrible at clothing merchandise. Literally no-one is ever going to wear this. The t-shirt slogans mean nothing to anyone who's not played EVE.

And those shipping prices, LOL? Even Blizzard, the masters of money grabbing, only charge $8.90 shipping for a t-shirt.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.11.19 19:38:20 - [69] - Quote

Awww, this is getting interesting!

- the shop itself is created & a maintained through the company Brightstores, which hosts & provides custom storefronts and backend management for corporate stores. So far so good, with plans starting at 145 $ per month, they seem a competent corporate store service

- the assets in the store are designed and manufactured by Development Plus Inc, an agency specialyzed in game and media custom swag. Maybe you've heard of guys like Rockstar Games, HBO or some Coca Cola Company; those are clients of Development Plus Inc. So certainly there's a solid, competent company behind the design and manufacture of EVE's premium swag.

- what I haven't found, is who stores & delivers the items. My guess is that it could be CCP USA themselves, since Brighstores manages webstores and inventory but no physical items, and DP designs and manufactures the items but doesn't sells them.

So the unprofessional blopper of the EVE Store's shipping prices would be CCP's responsability. The items may not be of everybody's liking and certainly they're priced as what they are, custom designed and manufactured premium swag, but both the design and purchase/inventory process are in the hands of competent professionals.

Of course it's CCP who decides whether they want ordinary swag or premium swag, and simple branding or full fledged design, and whether they use Rixx Javix's awesome artwork or don't, and then EVE nerds will buy it or don't. But the moment someone OK'ed a delivery process that charges 80 dollars to customers for no good reason, all the hard work went down the drain.

Maybe CCP will sort it, maybe don't. They're in a tough place to sign a deal with a parcel service as volume is the op-word for parcel costs and EVE will never generate enough volume. That's why I suggested to sign the deal with someone who already is shipping thousands of items each day and haves a good shipping plan, specially since shipping prices are one of the historical complains about the EVE Store(s).
Shinya Shazih
Shinya Shazih
Markarian Society

Posted - 2016.11.20 20:47:23 - [70] - Quote

Item $20 shipping $40 ... even Red Frog Freight does it cheaper.

CCP is just being disrespectfull to their customers
TehHouse
TehHouse
Imperium Technologies
V. O. I. D.

Posted - 2016.11.21 21:30:52 - [71] - Quote

I put in a nice $148 order on launch day (the 15th), had problems mentioned earlier with 2/3 of the shirts that ran out at Vegas not being in stock. Still haven't received updates after that -- no tracking number, no updated invoice.

Has anyone actually got past the initial ordering phase? Like having the order status change from 'NEW' or get a tracking number, or just having the stuff show up?
totalE
totalE
red cross society

Posted - 2016.11.22 00:16:21 - [72] - Quote

i was going to buy a beer glass set, but there is no serpentis one.

bad ccp, bad.
Jack Jomar
Jack Jomar
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.11.23 14:20:20 - [73] - Quote

I was browsing for some of the shirts, just in case I saw something I liked, and most of the merch is out of stock.
What gives?
How did you sell out of medium and even large type shirts?
Where's the rest of the stock?
Any kind of ETA on a refill?
Shouldn't there be a box I can tick so an automated service will email me when stock is back in?

My Wordpress Blog

Xylem Viliana
Xylem Viliana
another shell corp mk3

Posted - 2016.11.24 11:28:32 - [74] - Quote

Sorry CCP.

Until you address everyone outside the US being bent over and shafted on the shipping, Will not even consider it.
Dominous Nolen
Dominous Nolen
Powder and Ball Alchemist Industries

Posted - 2016.11.26 08:56:53 - [75] - Quote

Akira Kata wrote:
Hoodies and jackets with faction insignia, please- colors should reflect individual faction style.

UPDATE 2016-19-NOV: Just received EVE logo hoodie and am disappointed.
Ordered a medium, should have ordered a large. I'm not fat, but this thing is tight and clingy, with very thin, stretchy fabric. Not at all what I think of for a hoodie. Maybe for a stripper...

Even if it fit, the material is so thin that I can't imagine it providing any warmth.

Two frowns.

SadSad

Sorry to hear the quality is bad. I guess that's one item of my list of considerations.

@dominousnolen

Soyatyin Aikuro
Soyatyin Aikuro
Concordiat
Spaceship Samurai

Posted - 2016.11.28 03:32:09 - [76] - Quote

Soyatyin Aikuro wrote:
SSV Normandy Ship Replica
$28.00
Shipping & Handling
$17.70
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
$45.70

Blood Raiders Travel Mug
$25.00
Shipping & Handling
$31.75
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
$56.75

nope.jpg

They seem to have nerfed the shippings prices a bit

Blood Raiders Travel Mug
$25.00
Shipping & Handling
$15.50
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
$40.50
Techies Demolitions
Techies Demolitions
Alpha Waffles
PANCAKES.

Posted - 2016.11.28 15:04:40 - [77] - Quote

So zero comment by CCP about the issues people are raising over this anywhere on any of their official platforms for communication? Good to see the community management team are super busy with Reddit posting instead.
Meerclaw
Meerclaw
Wise Humans Sword
Villore Accords

Posted - 2016.11.29 15:11:02 - [78] - Quote

Seriously Falcon, the shipping prices are just...
no way

that's both sad and counter productive

Let's say you will open an EU shop asap, would you ?
Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei

Posted - 2016.11.29 22:19:36 - [79] - Quote

Doesnt even matter if the shipping price is too high if you are out of stock for those items. Seriously, from the items I checked, they are out of stock, all 3 of them that I considered worthy of buying.

Every part of a game helps to tell a story =ƒôò =ƒÜÇ

Where is Angry CONCORD guy when you need him

GëíGïüGëí GÖÑ Osprey

Wemyss
Wemyss
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers

Posted - 2016.11.30 14:27:46 - [80] - Quote

Amazon fulfilment does a better job of international shipping than this store, and removes the need for any warehouse space. ccpls.
Keno Skir
Keno Skir

Posted - 2016.11.30 21:59:24 - [81] - Quote

-ú3999.95 shipping for an EvE postcard, very reasonable please screw us over some more.

<Gùï> 250,000 Bonus SP when you start an Alpha Clone HERE <Gùï>

Including ISK Bonus & In Game Assistance - Piracy / Wormhole Space / Covops PvP

Nicolai Serkanner
Nicolai Serkanner
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective

Posted - 2016.12.01 18:28:34 - [82] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
As announced in this news article the EVE Store is back online.

At this point in time we have a few products on offer while we make sure that distribution and billing is working without any usability issues, then from there we'll look at add more and more swag to the store going forward.

We're currently looking at expanding the inventory of merchandise, and we'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on what kind of EVE Swag you'd like to see for sale.

Feel free to post in this thread with your comments, feedback and suggestions for stuff you'd like to see on sale.

You can find the store over at STORE.EVE.COM

No thank you. Shipping costs are beyond ridiculous.
Danika Princip
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.12.03 18:20:22 - [83] - Quote

Soyatyin Aikuro wrote:

They seem to have nerfed the shippings prices a bit

Blood Raiders Travel Mug
$25.00
Shipping & Handling
$15.50
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)
$40.50

Now the shipping cost on a $23 t-shirt is a mere $22.50. Only double the price of shipping from any other US based t-shirt store, not quadruple. Real bargain this. Roll
Tora Hokori
Tora Hokori
Wargasm Inc

Posted - 2016.12.05 16:17:55 - [84] - Quote

Raalic wrote:
A $9 mug costs $71.80 to ship to Australia. A $20 shirt even more.
That's a pretty firm kick in the pants, guys.

Could it have been made in the same factory that manufactures japanese designer jeans? Hahahaha

I crack me up.
Rovinia
Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
SONS of BANE

Posted - 2016.12.07 18:50:06 - [85] - Quote

Allready filled my shopping cart and than saw the Shipment costs to Europe....

Nope, if i want to be scamed, i log in on my Jita trader Blink

I understand that shipment across the ocean has it's cost, but it's over the top even for that.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.12.07 21:44:27 - [86] - Quote

Rovinia wrote:
Allready filled my shopping cart and than saw the Shipment costs to Europe....

Nope, if i want to be scamed, i log in on my Jita trader Blink

I understand that shipment across the ocean has it's cost, but it's over the top even for that.

Check Rixx Javixx's store at Redbubble, there's no CCP IP there but there are some nice EVE meta goodies and shipment costs are Redbubble's. If I was playing EVE, the miner in me would buy a "Mine Ore Die" shirt in a blink! Lol
Bekka Jai
Bekka Jai
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.12.18 23:49:01 - [87] - Quote

Ok, dumb question time: Where can I get a t-shirt (women's preferably) with the Eve-Online logo? I'm not looking for anything factional or with insidery in-game logos or jokes, just the classic logo on a t-shirt.

I can't find one for sale anywhere. You'd think this is would be the most basic swag you'd be able to find on sale somewhere, wouldn't you?

Thanks for any help.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
Indahmawar Fazmarai

Posted - 2016.12.19 14:06:02 - [88] - Quote

Bekka Jai wrote:
Ok, dumb question time: Where can I get a t-shirt (women's preferably) with the Eve-Online logo? I'm not looking for anything factional or with insidery in-game logos or jokes, just the classic logo on a t-shirt.

I can't find one for sale anywhere. You'd think this is would be the most basic swag you'd be able to find on sale somewhere, wouldn't you?

Thanks for any help.

It doesn't exists as a legal item. But certain places like the one where Rixx Javixx set up his store (see my message above) are known for having all sorts of things using popular IPs in ilegal ways. Not that I recommend it as forged IP products are usually of the lowest quality, and that's one of the reasons why some people have been pestering CCP about setting up a legal store.

As for why there's no "EVE logo on..." swag, ah, that's CCP. You'll get used to it.
Luna'rion
Luna'rion
Lunar' Corporation
Ish-Stars

Posted - 2016.12.20 08:30:21 - [89] - Quote

I also thought about getting some EvE-Merch for christmas, but the shipping-costs are way to HIGH. Sad
Abyss Azizora
Abyss Azizora
DODGING

Posted - 2016.12.20 11:00:51 - [90] - Quote

The selection is still awful, I still have a ton of eve merchandise from the past eve store incarnation, and they were far more interesting with 1/3rd the shipping and handling costs.

At the moment I'm not even remotely interested by anything in the store. (Give us updated ship models for sale, I'd love an updated apocalypse battleship model for my computer desk.) Oh and more empire faction stuff and less pirate faction crap.

You know your doing it wrong when 3rd party sellers are making and selling better eve merchandise than the people who own and run the game.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240425/0208
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.