Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2016/11/18 - Short Unscheduled Downtime

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Emilie en Chatuxe
Emilie en Chatuxe
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 13:17:16 - [61] - Quote

MFW WHEN CCP LITERALLY BLUEBALLS YOU.

WE HAD A BRAWL WITH SPECTRE READY 1hour AFTER DOWNTIME, NOW THEIR FC HAS TO GO CCPLS
Stella Thara
Stella Thara
Serenity Cartel
Spaceship Samurai

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.11.18 13:17:35 - [62] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:
WHAT THE hell IS VIP MODE, WHY CANT WE LOG INTO IT AREN'T WE OR THE CUSTOMERS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO eve???????

LOL...Just LOL...that's all I got.
Dartias Krawss
Dartias Krawss
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:17:36 - [63] - Quote

Oh Nooooo, and right as our Holy Amarrian Golden fleet was heading out to fight Spectre!!

Godspeed, CCP - thanks for all the hard work you do :)

o7
Maximillian Logos
Maximillian Logos
Callide Vulpis
Curatores Veritatis Alliance

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:18:14 - [64] - Quote

come on.....
day off from work... why cant you do these kinds of things when im not home....
Momiji Sakora
Momiji Sakora
Omni Galactic
Central Omni Galactic Group

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:18:20 - [65] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:
WHAT THE hell IS VIP MODE, WHY CANT WE LOG INTO IT AREN'T WE OR THE CUSTOMERS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO eve???????

Guessing trolling, but VIPs are the QA testers and Devs running through a checklist to make sure all the functionality of the game is operating and running properly. In this case, they seem to have found an issue with loading the DB and have to reload it.
Asuka Acami
Asuka Acami
Red Panda Club

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:18:51 - [66] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

VIP mode is for DEVs to if everything is in order and ready to start. Be patient, they surely do everything they can to start it very soon. Beter wait few minutes, then buggy. Make yourself a cup of coffee or take a while to think about Red pandas, how they are adorable.
Truevamp
Truevamp
RONA Corporation
The Methodical Alliance

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:18:59 - [67] - Quote

Thomas Gallant wrote:
Quote:
13:04 UTC - TRANQUILITY IS SHUTTING DOWN FOR A DB FAILOVER

hmm? does that mean a hardware failure or rollback or something?

Sounds like a database issue, could be a hardware failure, data corruption :O
Could be a safety implication that shuts down the server on event of a failover!
ROSLYNN Inkunen
ROSLYNN Inkunen
Mixed Nuts

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:19:06 - [68] - Quote

What the HELL is a DB fail-over special code for we SCREWED up?
Amak Boma
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
Peoples United Republic Empire

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:20:23 - [69] - Quote

i told you pvpers. falcons are cancer and killed eve DB
BusaRider BusaRider
BusaRider BusaRider
Alcoholocaust.
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:20:41 - [70] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

oh no... they updated to office 2016 and we are all screwed!!!!!
Ashilta
Ashilta
Quam Singulari
Triumvirate.

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:20:44 - [71] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

Please stop talking if you don't know what you're talking about.

CCP are not out to get you. There are problems. CCP are fixing them, so that you, the customer, who is important to CCP, can play the game.
Clyde en Marland
Clyde en Marland
Raised By Wolves Inc
Blades of Grass

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:20:50 - [72] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

Help...
Stella Thara
Stella Thara
Serenity Cartel
Spaceship Samurai

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:21:09 - [73] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

Stop yelling, you're hurting my ears Shocked
Momiji Sakora
Momiji Sakora
Omni Galactic
Central Omni Galactic Group

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:21:28 - [74] - Quote

Truevamp wrote:
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Quote:

I think it's a situation where the DB failed at some point during TQ being onlined. Not all of it came online so they have to shut down and identify the issue causing the DB to fail. Shouldn't involve data corruption.
Xackattack Avianson
Xackattack Avianson
The Grey Eagles
Spectre Fleet Alliance

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:21:38 - [75] - Quote

Hey can i be promoted to VIP mode so i can play too thanks
NCHitman Deploarble
NCHitman Deploarble
Missions and Mining Logistic Services of Eden

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:22:47 - [76] - Quote

google...

Failover is a backup operational mode in which the functions of a system component (such as a processor, server, network, or database, for example) are assumed by secondary system components when the primary component becomes unavailable through either failure or scheduled down time.
Stella Thara
Stella Thara
Serenity Cartel
Spaceship Samurai

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:23:00 - [77] - Quote

Xackattack Avianson wrote:
Hey can i be promoted to VIP mode so i can play too thanks

Nah, you're not important enough P
Regulus Hawthorne
Regulus Hawthorne
Hayashima Excavation Corp.

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:23:27 - [78] - Quote

Thomas Gallant wrote:
Quote:

Means they're switching to a backup database since the original one is borked in some way.
Bud Herojuana
Bud Herojuana
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:23:46 - [79] - Quote

Can someone ELI5: DB FAILOVER when it comes to EVE?

Is it the end of the world as we know it or a minor issue? #tinfoil #devception
Asuka Acami
Asuka Acami
Red Panda Club

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:23:53 - [80] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

They tried to steal your stuff from account and it took more time, they expected Pirate. So they need to mask their true intentions. Or they are preparing Wipe. Release from material burdens brothers!
JTK Fotheringham
JTK Fotheringham
Merchants Trade Consortium
The Last Chancers.

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:24:24 - [81] - Quote

TQ crash salt = best salt.

That is all.
Ariane Gallos
Ariane Gallos
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:24:30 - [82] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

I see dumb people. Lol
Truevamp
Truevamp
RONA Corporation
The Methodical Alliance

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:24:38 - [83] - Quote

Regulus Hawthorne wrote:
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Quote:

Means they're switching to a backup database since the original one is borked in some way.

Question is, when was the backup made?
ISD Max Trix
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:24:55 - [84] - Quote

VIP Mode is a TEST mode for the server. It allows the DEV/GM test the cluster without screwing up anything the players may be doing.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Evemails.

Adonei
Adonei
Cronowerx NCO

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:25:18 - [85] - Quote

A failover to another clusternode usually takes just a few seconds.
Unless tthey have to restore the database, thats a different stroy.
Derjyn Wyx
Derjyn Wyx
Erebus Incorporated

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:25:18 - [86] - Quote

Failovers are when the primary system can't pass off to a secondary system. In this case, the main database couldn't "pass" off data to the secondary database. With databases as big as those storing the information for an MMO, you have several backups, clones, whatever... Then for performance, you update all these intermittently.

I'm a bit rough on this, but I think that's the gist of it.
Andrew Xadi
Andrew Xadi
Easy Co.
Get Off My Lawn

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:25:41 - [87] - Quote

ROSLYNN Inkunen wrote:

VIP = VERY IMPORTANT PERSON, WHICH MEAN THEY ARE FIXING SOMETHING AND HAVE TO CHECK IF IT'S WORKING BEFORE THEY LET PLAYERS IN SO THAT PLAYERS DONT DET KICKED WHEN THEY NEED TO REBOOT THE SERVERS
Shigeru Miyakazuo
Shigeru Miyakazuo
Daedalus Unlimited Operations
Synergo

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:25:53 - [88] - Quote

refresh...no update yet...
Blinks at screen for two minutes...refresh...nothing yet...
Scratches arm....considers going to play something on console...doesn't actually go anywhere...refresh...

This is me right now...new and hooked...
Joe Turnbull
Joe Turnbull
Federation Interstellar Resources
Silent Infinity

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:26:15 - [89] - Quote

Momiji Sakora wrote:
Truevamp wrote:
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Quote:

I think it's a situation where the DB failed at some point during TQ being onlined. Not all of it came online so they have to shut down and identify the issue causing the DB to fail. Shouldn't involve data corruption.

one of the DEV's forgot to click the "are you sure you want to complete this action" button Blink
Miss Martin James
Miss Martin James
FreeTrade Initiative

Posted - 2016.11.18 13:26:24 - [90] - Quote

Donald Trump Invades Iceland What?Ugh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240328/0443
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.