Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Unscheduled Downtime - 2016/01/10

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Himnos Altar
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:57:24 - [151] - Quote

God DAMN IT Tuxford!

Wait, wait, no, I swear I had something for this.

um.....

Because how god damn hard is it to make a god damn patch, Woodhouse?

http://i.imgur.com/lMlEsqK.jpg

>.>

:P
Talon White
Talon White
Mission Ready Mining
TRUE VINE

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:57:48 - [152] - Quote

'There's something wrong with the left phalange', probably.

Red vs Blue - The eternal highsec war

Ryuu Towryk
Ryuu Towryk
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Sanctuary Pact

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:57:57 - [153] - Quote

You forgot to reverse the polarity on the plasma flow regulators!
Noobs!
P
Izulem Zihjal
Izulem Zihjal
DAWGS Corp.
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:58:29 - [154] - Quote

For all the legacy code jokes and other technical details we like to poke fun at CCP for, its amazing to play a game where the DEVs communicate with you whats going on in real time. Never have i turned on my EVE launcher, saw the server was down and not found a twitter or Forum post with exact info on it. Other games could learn from this. Take your time CCP, we can wait.
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:58:33 - [155] - Quote

Xylem Viliana wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:
Fappp wrote:
Hi!

Just started playing today, great, absolutely great! Big smile
I thought the delays were on my end, good to hear it was a aftershock of the last patch.

Played for about 30/60 minutes before the server went down, but I'm def. coming back for more when the servers are online again!

Take your time!

Hi there,

As someone who has played eve for years now, welcome.

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Welcome to eve, and may Bob have mercy on your soul

Some of remember multiple day DT's bud :-P

Remember boot ini?
Mara Rinn
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:58:38 - [156] - Quote

Did someone integrate the payload for the static fire again?

Day 0 Advice for New Players

Irresponsible James
Irresponsible James
Pink HOLE Industrial Group

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:59:36 - [157] - Quote

Lattimer Larkin wrote:
Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!

well this isn't a normal occurrence

that being said the longest i have ever witnessed was 2 hour and that was a major update tho
Sobaan Tali
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:59:50 - [158] - Quote

Good. Now I can...

catch up on all the lost sleep
go to the head
eat
go outside
restart my computer
emerge from my room to say "Hi" or something to everyone else in the house
everything else but Eve

...because TQ was up.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Fappp
Fappp
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:00:07 - [159] - Quote

Builder Pareleru wrote:
I admire the consistency of the bugs with each patch , may be it is time you guys return the original developers , just saying . It is programming 101 - rollback procedures , testing before deploying etc.

Haha, I'm sure they don't have a testing team resembling the playercount! Many weird stuff happens when you connect many many people to a server. Programming 101 doesn't apply on this scale Pirate
Karmastat
Karmastat
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:00:18 - [160] - Quote

while we wait, check this for on-topic easy listen.

And since it was asked downtime for story on longest lasting downtime.

keep pounding those rocks CCP, Big smile

Fabada Asturiana23
Fabada Asturiana23
Refugiados

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:00:43 - [161] - Quote

Maybe the latest ship skin ????'Big smile
Vexxas Tarokin
Vexxas Tarokin

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:00:58 - [162] - Quote

Akis Talanas wrote:
Any1 who is complaining here has simply NO idea of how difficult this task of keeping the game updated and stable is.....

Keep calm and let the work be done :-)

Anyone complaining now has no idea what Eve used to be like!

Making New Eden a safer place, One frozen corpse at a time.

Elenahina
Elenahina
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:01:37 - [163] - Quote

Lattimer Larkin wrote:
Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!

Couple days.

And there was the time they broke star gates. That was pretty amusing.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Hengle Teron
Hengle Teron
Order In Disorder
Curatores Veritatis Alliance

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:01:58 - [164] - Quote

Just like in the good old days.
Frost Kadeyooh
Frost Kadeyooh
Cripple Creek
Serrice Council.

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:02:15 - [165] - Quote

Pharoah Strange wrote:
Warping to mission; 'cluster shutdown in five'; ship reverses warp. Five minutes later ... arrive on site - ship refuses warp to dock because 'you can't warp while you're warping, idiot'. Cluster shutdown. So, am I dead? Or still flying backwards? Maybe the same principle applies to guns and all the Angels will shoot themselves with their own projectiles. It's going to be a ***** washing all the hamster gut off my shiny new skin ...

I don't know why but this had me laughing my ass off, it's happened to me in a marauder before!
Naxirian
Naxirian
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:02:31 - [166] - Quote

Take your time, I'm using the opportunity to play some of my favourite old school games like Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic ^_^

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z 990FX

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.8GHz

2 x R9 290X 4GB Crossfire @ 1200MHz

Full EKWB Custom Watercooling Loop

16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 RAM @ 1866MHz

Animo06
Animo06
Lotka Volterra.
Army of New Eden

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:02:49 - [167] - Quote

Vexxas Tarokin wrote:
Akis Talanas wrote:
Any1 who is complaining here has simply NO idea of how difficult this task of keeping the game updated and stable is.....

Keep calm and let the work be done :-)

Anyone complaining now has no idea what Eve used to be like!

I second that. DT used to be a nightmare more often than not even with minor patches.

GÇ£Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.GÇ¥

xavier69
xavier69
Stark Enterprises LLC

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:02:51 - [168] - Quote

Quote:
CCP Falcon

Latency Issues I've noticed

Login servers have been pretty slow after the release of FTP. I noticed 30 secs + login times in previous years it takes like 10 seconds of less. I have noticed if logging multiply characters it tends to hang unless I make each window active and wait. This defeats the time saving purpose of logging multiply characters.
The facilities tab in industry tab always hangs and has to be closed. In a few rare cases after several minutes it will show the facilities in an area correctly.

Improvement Suggestions Industry UI Improvements

The completed jobs tab in industry can you please offer the option to Shift Left Click or Ctr Left Click multiply jobs for delivery at once? Currently we are forced to click deliver for every job over and over and over. This would similar to forcing us to remove objects from a container one at a time.

Quote:
Thanks CCP Falcon

Freelancer117
Freelancer117
so you want to be a Hero

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:03:06 - [169] - Quote

South Park - "...and it's gone"

Good luck reinstalling Eve Online on all those servers Cool

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

AngryCanuk
AngryCanuk
Tres Corvi INC.
Army of New Eden

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:03:23 - [170] - Quote

Elenahina wrote:
Lattimer Larkin wrote:

Couple days.

And there was the time they broke star gates. That was pretty amusing.

There was a time they broke the boot.ini....
Himnos Altar
Himnos Altar
An Errant Venture

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:03:30 - [171] - Quote

Ryuu Towryk wrote:
You forgot to reverse the polarity on the plasma flow regulators!
Noobs!
P

CCP, try reversing the polarity of the neutron flow, take two jelly babies, and call me in the reboot.
Mark Gilroy
Mark Gilroy
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:03:54 - [172] - Quote

Downtime aye, while you guys are at it, I don't suppose you could put the old Aura back in.

Cheers!
zeinth Friend
zeinth Friend
Biotic Factor

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:03:57 - [173] - Quote

Your killing me smalls!
HyperFlareX
HyperFlareX
Know your Role
League of Unaligned Master Pilots

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:04:03 - [174] - Quote

I believe. Team SysOp ftw?
Sillat
Sillat
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:04:45 - [175] - Quote

Or perhaps the patch stacking penalty finally kicked in?
Kirrbiker Aldard
Kirrbiker Aldard
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:04:57 - [176] - Quote

Austinenks Inkura wrote:

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
hipotecadoydesgraciado
hipotecadoydesgraciado
Cog Banking

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:05:31 - [177] - Quote

Literaly UNPLAYABLED
Darien Stark
Darien Stark
League of Gentlemen
Just let it happen

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:05:36 - [178] - Quote

Builder Pareleru wrote:
I admire the consistency of the bugs with each patch , may be it is time you guys return the original developers , just saying . It is programming 101 - rollback procedures , testing before deploying etc.

If you've never tested an app, rolled it onto staging, tested it again, tested it on staging with live integrations and then rolled it out to production to find a bug that wasn't identified in any of the prior testing, then I'm afraid you're working on smaller simple ****.

This stuff happens, especially with legacy databases, 10 years of legacy code etc...

The fact that they can roll back to the previous release clearly shows they have a rollback procedure, otherwise we'd all be sat for days watching hotfixes go out to try to get the production environment stable again.

It really annoys me when people make condescending comments about the CCP dev team, they are by far one of the best I've come across in the industry.
Aikel Makkailkel
Aikel Makkailkel
Dirt Nap Squad
Dirt Nap Squad.

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:05:48 - [179] - Quote

Roll
Eva kindar
Eva kindar
New Eden Commonwealth

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:06:46 - [180] - Quote

P One thing I would like to say about CCP they at-least keep us informed as to Why we cant play... Most other online games are "The Waffle is broken we will tell you when you can eat again" where as CCP actually says "OOPS we screwed up but were going to fix it!" Like the fact that they own up to a boo boo and make good on it myself.
Thumbs up CCP

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240328/0300
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.