Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Known Issues - Rubberbanding & Latency

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.20 13:22:46 - [1] - Quote

We have recently received a number of reports from pilots that they have been experiencing GÇ£rubberbandingGÇ¥ as well as de-synchronization with the Tranquility cluster, notable latency and long session changes when travelling between systems.

We would like to thank everyone who has submitted detailed bug reports, these are proving to be incredibly valuable in tracking down the source of these issues. We now feel that we have enough information from pilots in game to fully investigate the cause of these issues.

Over the course of the last week we have been closely monitoring Tranquility, and will soon be looking to apply a fix once a cause is identified. A number of teams here at CCP are currently working on a resolution to the issue, and our Customer Support team have been able to identify specific scenarios in which this is having an effect on gameplay for our pilots.

We hope to have these issues resolved as soon as possible. If youGÇÖd like to discuss these issues, you can do so in this forum thread. We will also use this forum thread to post any necessary updates.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

HyperFlareX
HyperFlareX
Know your Role
League of Unaligned Master Pilots

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.20 13:41:50 - [2] - Quote

This means no more reports are necessary?
Elliott Spitzer
Elliott Spitzer
Sphincter Inc.
Shadow of xXDEATHXx

Posted - 2017.01.20 13:52:55 - [3] - Quote

Thank you for finally addressing this.
Lfod Shi
Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage

Posted - 2017.01.20 14:13:01 - [4] - Quote

I too am looking forward to some... stability?

GÖ¬ They'll always be bloodclaws to me GÖ½

Banshee Legend
Banshee Legend
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network

Posted - 2017.01.20 14:45:06 - [5] - Quote

Thank you for addressing this issue. I thought it was my ISP being bad.

Turns out all those failed target locks were your doing...

YOU OWE ME 4 KILLMARKS CCP! Lol

Seriously though, can't wait for it to get fixed. Thanks guys
koral123
koral123
Nostalgia.

Posted - 2017.01.20 14:50:27 - [6] - Quote

So just because I lose an AT ship I am the one person that isn't going to get his ship back because I didn't know about sever issues because I have a life and don't get to play every day of my life. The fact that this is being admitted and a devblog has been posted seems kinda bad for people. I have been told by a few friends after losing my imp the a bunch of people have gotten ships and pods back. But the guy that loses one of the most expensive ships in the game doesn't get any support from GM's
Ncc 1709
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Badfellas Inc.

Posted - 2017.01.20 16:00:02 - [7] - Quote

koral123 wrote:
So just because I lose an AT ship I am the one person that isn't going to get his ship back because I didn't know about sever issues because I have a life and don't get to play every day of my life. The fact that this is being admitted and a devblog has been posted seems kinda bad for people. I have been told by a few friends after losing my imp the a bunch of people have gotten ships and pods back. But the guy that loses one of the most expensive ships in the game doesn't get any support from GM's

dont undock what you cannot afford to lose is the motto of eve.... guess you forgot?
thearrowofapollo
thearrowofapollo
The Red Island Foundation
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2017.01.20 19:14:05 - [8] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
We have recently received a number of reports from pilots that they have been experiencing GÇ£rubberbandingGÇ¥ as well as de-synchronization with the Tranquility cluster, notable latency and long session changes when travelling between systems.

We would like to thank everyone who has submitted detailed bug reports, these are proving to be incredibly valuable in tracking down the source of these issues. We now feel that we have enough information from pilots in game to fully investigate the cause of these issues.

Over the course of the last week we have been closely monitoring Tranquility, and will soon be looking to apply a fix once a cause is identified. A number of teams here at CCP are currently working on a resolution to the issue, and our Customer Support team have been able to identify specific scenarios in which this is having an effect on gameplay for our pilots.

We hope to have these issues resolved as soon as possible. If youGÇÖd like to discuss these issues, you can do so in this forum thread. We will also use this forum thread to post any necessary updates.

Let's not forget people pay to play this game. People lose assets and are not enjoying a product they pay for.

TLDR: CCP MUST reimburse every loss related to KNOWN server issues (after a proper investigation), and also CCP MUST take corrective action asap to avoid any further issues. You are selling a product which is not meeting your customers demands, so the more the issue persists, the more losses and complaints will pop up.
lord xavier
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS

Posted - 2017.01.20 19:33:23 - [9] - Quote

Ncc 1709 wrote:
koral123 wrote:

dont undock what you cannot afford to lose is the motto of eve.... guess you forgot?

Actually, don't fly what you can't afford to lose. Yes, this is the Eve Motto however, when CCP reimburses ships for other game errors how would an Imp also not apply? I bet if it was your homies Tengu you'd be all "Hey dawg, just petition it to CCP and get it and the SP reimbursed!"
Losing a ship to a game bug or error is completely not a pilots fault. Getting baited or out piloted is one thing. But that is in a fair environment. You have the ability to burn out of range, jump through a gate, dock. But when you are rubber banding it has the same exact effect as the e-warp killing of supercapitals. The pilot in the ship being killed could not do anything since you cannot cancel e-warp. Just like you cannot cancel rubber banding.

If CCP doesnt reimburse EVERY loss to rubber banding, then they may as well take away the Titans and Supers they reimbursed that died to the ascendency implant e-warp bumping. They also need to take away the SP and Ships that died due to DDOS, DCs, Dsyncs and other game-side issues that were of no fault of the players in charge of their ships.
Lillith Sakata
Lillith Sakata
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind

Posted - 2017.01.20 21:14:32 - [10] - Quote

Well, I've been experiencing this ever since I was back from my hiatus, but figured it was due to "only slightly better than crap" internet that I've been forced to deal with until fiber is done being laid out here. Then today someone linked me this topic. If it continues, should we keep log files coming? And which log files would you want for an issue like this?

Would a packet dump be worth sending? I can likely get my firewall to dump all the traffic to/from eve servers (once I can enumerate them by IP- shouldn't be too difficult to do)
lord xavier
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS

Posted - 2017.01.20 23:55:36 - [11] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

The issue I have is your inability to do the right thing. You provide a faulty service, in which we are paying for. Most of us paying for multiple accounts, and by most I mean the bulk of your active members run 6+ accounts minimum.

You provide a ****** service (which got a lot worse after the Horde cleanse of perimeter). You are having server issues which are at no fault of players, you have reimbursed several T3s that have died due to Rubberbanding/Dsyncing, but you deny an AT ship. Gee, I wonder what the reasoning for that would be. I wonder what bullshit excuse was given to him. "Sorry, our logs dont show anything." Yeah, I bet the logs cant even be found since clearly keeping the server maintained is too hard. God forbid the database where the logs are stored is even online.
Lillith Sakata
Lillith Sakata
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind

Posted - 2017.01.21 02:09:39 - [12] - Quote

lord xavier wrote:

blahblahblah
more blah
You provide a ****** service blahblah

As someone who has had to deal with antiquated code with various nim-nods' hands in it, through several managers, leads, new technologies and compilers and IDEs and on and on ...

If the service is so bad as you're so pointedly stating, then please feel free to leave, and make your own vision of EVE. And then make sure that it lasts for >10 years, with excellent uptime, etc.

Also, entitled bittervet much?
Olodalio
Olodalio
Angry Angels Constructions
IT'S ONLY PIXELS

Posted - 2017.01.21 03:15:10 - [13] - Quote

Lillith Sakata wrote:
lord xavier wrote:

blahblahblah
more blah

As someone who has had to deal with antiquated code with various nim-nods' hands in it, through several managers, leads, new technologies and compilers and IDEs and on and on ...

If the service is so bad as you're so pointedly stating, then please feel free to leave, and make your own vision of EVE. And then make sure that it lasts for >10 years, with excellent uptime, etc.

TBH this isn't a bittervet thing. Running a game "for >10 years" and fking up its stability after "> 10 years" is a point. Stability over all that's the point of THIS SPECIAL game. A bunch of players actually play this game because of its PVP content. That content - in particular the small scale/solo PVP content - is fked up right now...after "> 10 years". Maybe you're one of those guys watching the market or maybe you're one of the guys waiting for a fleet ping to anchor up but Sir, you're definitly not parcitipating in solo/small scale pvp.

It's cool to see someone who "had to deal with antiquated code with various"...blah. The next step is: Try to deal with actual economics.
Mr Mieyli
Mr Mieyli
Hedion University
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2017.01.21 10:32:38 - [14] - Quote

To be honest, he has a point about stability. Nothing annoys me more than trying to play eve, but dropping connection due to socket closed, and from then on being worried that my connection will crap out at an inopportune time. Before anyone comments that it's my ISP, I don't actually care, I'm a customer and the product I pay for should be stable enough to handle my ISP. If not I simply won't pay for it, which costs CCP money. I play many other online games without issue, only eve is as fussy with it's delicate sockets. Eve only even requires updates each second, which is very slow by most games update rates.

A case for more AoE in EvE

Dark Magni
Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome

Posted - 2017.01.21 12:54:24 - [15] - Quote

I find it disturbing how CCP is declaring the support tickets to be a highly valuable source of information on this relative to all other sources. This indicates they have failed in their obligation to set up adequate systems for monitoring and maintaining their service if they are relying on gibberish sent via support tickets. They should be far more advanced than this.

So am I to believe that the CCP technical team have been sitting about like plonkers (rubberbanding, socket disconnects and session change delays have been going on for months now) and now based on support tickets they are no longer doing nothing but are starting up some monitoring to maybe find the problem and maybe fix it?

It shouldn't take this long if you knew what you was doing.

What a shambles.

I feel you are obliged to reimburse that Imp that was lost due to the failure to provide what he paid for. I also think you should go further and give him compensation.

I lost a total of 8b in assets in December 2016 due to socket disconnects and I was reimbursed everything - but it is still extremely irritating to have the losses on my record.
CCP Darwin
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2017.01.21 17:22:11 - [16] - Quote

Dark Magni wrote:
I find it disturbing how CCP is declaring the support tickets to be a highly valuable source of information

When submitted in-game, bug reports (which are not support tickets) provide us with a detailed package of technical information about your client's state in addition to the information you enter in the report.

If filed shortly after a problem occurs, bug reports can give us information about what happened in your game client at the moment you experienced the problem. In some cases, either by itself or in combination with our own telemetry, this can be the extra piece of information that allows us to reproduce a bug, or in some cases even fix a bug that we cannot reproduce.

CCP Falcon says that the team working on this issue (which does not include me) has what they need at this time. However, if in the future you experience strange behavior that you believe to be related to a software defect, pressing F12 and clicking Report Bug in-game will open the bug reporter window, and you can submit a report describing it.

Note that, unlike support tickets, bug reports are not a way to get personal assistance with a problem. So, if you are having problems logging in to your account, wish to ask for reimbursement, or have some other issue that requires someone to help you personally, I recommend filing a support ticket as well as filing a separate bug report if you feel it's warranted.

CCP Darwin  GÇó  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  GÇó  @mark_wilkins

Dark Magni
Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome

Posted - 2017.01.22 00:16:32 - [17] - Quote

CCP Darwin wrote:
Dark Magni wrote:
I find it disturbing how CCP is declaring the support tickets to be a highly valuable source of information

When submitted in-game, bug reports (which are not support tickets) provide us with a detailed package of technical information about your client's state in addition to the information you enter in the report.

filing a support ticket as well as filing a separate bug report if you feel it's warranted.

Admission of fault

I therefore withdraw my support ticket criticism and apologize for making it.

The Imp loss

I suggest Koral submits this 'bug report' immediately to challenge the refusal decision made in Imp reimbursement case. Can I also suggest that CCP Darwin communicates his professional concerns regarding the service blow out Koral likely experienced also in support to challenge the refusal decision on his Imp reimbursement case? It is only fair that he promptly receives his asset back with sincere apologies for the service blowout - the man lost an asset worth 3 or 4 thousand dollars in the real world!

Unfortunately while admitting fault in the above - which I am happy to do - I still maintain the essence of my original point.

The rubber banding, socket disconnects and session change delays have been happening non-stop for months on end now, CCP should have easily been able to get the issue into a highly potent and monitored testing environment using their home gaming computers and/or using VPNs & CCP technical contacts in other continents to also test tranquility connections from afar.

This SHOULD be considered a crisis by the relevant CCP team responsible for service stability, which presumably includes CCP Darwin who as a senior software engineer has stated now that he 'isn't involved', but it is not being considered as such because the problem has now perpetuated for months in the face of massive losses and player reimbursement petitioning. The problem isn't rare - tranquility connections are being plagued by these service stability issues!

I am not going to threaten to unsub from the game, but logically I might have to because I cant play it. I will resub once I can play - I will keep an eye on this blog for any indication of progress.
Atomic Zed
Atomic Zed

Posted - 2017.01.22 15:24:03 - [18] - Quote

Reminds me of Dust 514...
We had the "Gallente lag facility"...
When playing PC-matches we had rubberbanding as well... (looked groovy combined with Aphex Twin)

Won't stop me from playing EvE...

Just another forum alt...

Ahoy to GM Archduke...

Warung Isch
Warung Isch
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2017.01.24 19:08:34 - [19] - Quote

Ok, got the issue the last days that when changing session (Jumpgate) it took more than 30 seconds to get in the new system. The cloak timer was stuck as well, it didn't update. Also some actions like opening fitting windows took 15 seconds, .... you get the point.

I enabled logging in the client and was spammed with the message:

Someone is trying to load text into Edit which has 0 or less width. This controls visible state under desktop is: False. Edit location: /Desktop/l_main/journal/__maincontainer/main/epicJournal/epicMainContainer/edit_multiline

Well I searched the UI for the Epic Journal Log which was pinned and minimized on my screen, just switched the journal to another tab and the problems and the log messages were gone.

Not sure if it applies here, but just wanted to give you the possibility to test and fix it.
Elliott Spitzer
Elliott Spitzer
Sphincter Inc.
Shadow of xXDEATHXx

Posted - 2017.01.26 13:27:12 - [20] - Quote

Still waiting on an update...
Dark Magni
Dark Magni
The Church of Awesome

Posted - 2017.01.26 23:45:23 - [21] - Quote

Elliott Spitzer wrote:
Still waiting on an update...

I find the lack of an update - 1 week on from the start of this thread - to be extremely unprofessional and disappointing.

Again I would like to reiterate that this problem has been going on for months now and this thread has only recently been started, so in a way I expected for this to occur due to a very low expectation of the CCP IT/technical teams.

What kind of shambles is this? The game is unplayable for months now and people are having to petition losses left right and center.

Also- have the CCP technical team- for example CCP Darwin- had the time to review the petition for that IMP loss yet?

May O'Neez
May O'Neez
Flying Blacksmiths

Posted - 2017.01.27 15:38:06 - [22] - Quote

CCP Darwin wrote:
Dark Magni wrote:

If filed shortly after a problem occurs, in-game bug reports can give us information about what happened in your game client at the moment you experienced the problem. In some cases, either by itself or in combination with our own telemetry, this can be the extra piece of information that allows us to reproduce a bug, or in some cases even fix a bug that we cannot reproduce.

CCP Falcon says that the team working on this issue (which does not include me) has what they need at this time. However, if in the future you experience strange behavior that you believe to be related to a software defect, pressing F12 and clicking Report Bug in-game will open the bug reporter window, and you can submit a report describing it.

If you cannot open the in-game bug reporter, you can submit a report at bugs.eveonline.com, but note that doing so this way will not automatically include the additional logging and system information from your client. You can manually add your client's logs yourself, though.

Note that, unlike support tickets, bug reports are not a way to get personal assistance with a problem. So, if you are having problems logging in to your account, wish to ask for reimbursement, or have some other issue that requires someone to help you personally, I recommend filing a support ticket as well as filing a separate bug report if you feel it's warranted.

Each time I got technical issues in game and submitted a ticket I was asked to make a bug report. OK, could make sense, but ... as I wrote bug reports I wasn't helped either.

None of my bug reports got any reply, except once a long time ago and since I got more and none got eventually fixed (or due to big rewrites in game, like when they redid the industry or updated the sound code).

Currently I have 2 blocked characters on different accounts that are not playable at all due to bugs (inventory and skill queue crash), I submitted bug reports and never got feedback either. After 2 weeks I guess I'll have to give up til some lucky day the issue disappears "by itself", which by experience can be very, very long ... :/

I'm disappointed
Oradric Cube
Oradric Cube
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.27 16:04:04 - [23] - Quote

At 15:51 today (1/27/2017) me and 4 other people experienced a sudden spike in these latency issues including delays in switching ships, delays in docking, delays in looting cans and delays in undocking. There were only 6 people in local at the time.

I would like to see an update from CCP as to the status of the investigation and a new ETA on a fix.
RO ALEXANDER
RO ALEXANDER
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2017.01.28 16:41:09 - [24] - Quote

I am getting frequent socket closed messages when changing grid or sessions. Happened twice when just docked in jita and interacting with the market as well
Fixy FixIT
Fixy FixIT
Lunar-Tic Strategic Services

Posted - 2017.01.29 11:37:56 - [25] - Quote

Sunday, after DT :

Dear CCP, this lag is very frustrating now.

The market is almost unusable - you buy something and it's taking 30 seconds or more to take the isk and appear in your inventory.

Interacting with POS buildings takes forever - the right click menu again, takes about 15 seconds to open.

And you know what ? Ever since you removed the ability to have a "Static Background" in station, eve simply eats up GPU and CPU power. It was far better when you didn't have to have all the stuff moving around that no-one actually looks at. Why not bring back that option ?

I hope these issues are fixed in the next patch.

Regards,

FF.
Arthur Aihaken
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d

Posted - 2017.01.30 13:19:05 - [26] - Quote

There's no advertising with static backgrounds. Just saying...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

lord xavier
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS

Posted - 2017.01.31 01:01:03 - [27] - Quote

Lillith Sakata wrote:
lord xavier wrote:

blahblahblah
more blah

Wow, I love how a very angry complaint is "Angry bitter vet"

I have had a hunting proteus reimbursed for rubberbanding, I died because I rubberbanded for 30 seconds before a dysnc. I got reimbursed.
After 10 years and multiple T3 reimbursements, hell, even a carrier reimbursement. The fact an Imp is being given the middle finger for something that if it was any other NON-AT ship would have had a different response is horse ****. Plain and simple. A faulty service should be a generic response Either all the same of "No, sorry." or "Yes here is your ship."

The bittervet? ****, bitter vets don't argue like this. Bittervetting is "omfg ****** service. ****** response every time. They dont care. Why are you posting." Which is essentially what you did. So, go talk somewhere else. The fact these issues have been going on this long gives every player a reason to complain. A week or two? okay cool. But almost a month AND they are reimbursing ships left and right, until the imp shows up. Then it gets told to "No sorry, our logs show nothing." You want to talk about entitled? How about the inequality of customer service. That is something to be angry about about 10 years and multiple server upgrades. Then a continuous problem with no response about it until AFTER an imp is petitioned for being lost.
Soldarius
Soldarius
O C C U P Y
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2017.02.02 15:24:15 - [28] - Quote

lord xavier wrote:
tears

My Tear-Cup runneth over.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Endar
Endar
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo

Posted - 2017.02.03 03:26:36 - [29] - Quote

In what other computer games are you expected to suffer such constant and disruptive service issues like this, for months.

This thread has been going for two weeks and funnily enough there is no 'blogging' at all.

They are unable to fix this.
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2017.02.07 10:39:26 - [30] - Quote

Hey guys,

Just a quick update now that we have further information!

Our ops team are still looking into the root cause of this issue, however several changes have been made in the last week or so from which we've seen notable improvements.

We're still in the middle of an ongoing investigation into the cause of the issue, but we've seen a marked decline in the number of reports after several changes.

TL;DR - We're still working on investigation, but we're making good progress in resolving this.

If you're still experiencing issues, by all means feel free to contact customer support with a ticket for assistance.

<3

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240419/1114
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.