Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
burntout
burntout

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.03.05 09:07:00 - [31]

I really want to see this big rats most people talk about here. I have been doing lvl 3 agent missions for Federation Navy for awhile now and all the rats I get to kill were so lame. My standing toward fed navy is 7.24
My agent rarely send me to .4 system, do i have to choose a new agent in lower sec to see this big rats people talk about?
burntout
burntout

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.03.05 09:07:00 - [32]

I really want to see this big rats most people talk about here. I have been doing lvl 3 agent missions for Federation Navy for awhile now and all the rats I get to kill were so lame. My standing toward fed navy is 7.24
My agent rarely send me to .4 system, do i have to choose a new agent in lower sec to see this big rats people talk about?
Cirle
Cirle

Posted - 2004.03.05 10:49:00 - [33]

Quote:
I am sure that Gurista Inferno's were not firing Cruise missiles last time. Can anyone else confirm this?

Are they they 65k or the 55k ones? The later were firing heavies, as I recall, and the former cruise, pre-patch.

Cirle
Cirle
Cirle

Posted - 2004.03.05 10:49:00 - [34]

Quote:
I am sure that Gurista Inferno's were not firing Cruise missiles last time. Can anyone else confirm this?

Are they they 65k or the 55k ones? The later were firing heavies, as I recall, and the former cruise, pre-patch.

Cirle
The Moor
The Moor

Posted - 2004.03.05 12:26:00 - [35]

Quote:
unless hes firing cruises, your safe orbiting 42km
heavies still go 40km, and light 10km

Ha!

I have had Lt Missiles hit me at 80K and Hvy Missiles hit me at 170K. All of this was pre-patch.
The Moor
The Moor

Posted - 2004.03.05 12:26:00 - [36]

Quote:
unless hes firing cruises, your safe orbiting 42km
heavies still go 40km, and light 10km

Ha!

I have had Lt Missiles hit me at 80K and Hvy Missiles hit me at 170K. All of this was pre-patch.
VoxDei
VoxDei

Posted - 2004.03.05 13:12:00 - [37]

Yesterday I had a kill mission to hit a Guristas Destructor (Kestrel, fires Flameburst Light Missile Is). I was being hit by the missiles at 40km (might have been further - I warped in at 40), as opposed to pre-patch when I was safe down to about 25km. I don't mind particularly, because I don't use range as a defense, I'm just pointing it out.
VoxDei
VoxDei
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2004.03.05 13:12:00 - [38]

Yesterday I had a kill mission to hit a Guristas Destructor (Kestrel, fires Flameburst Light Missile Is). I was being hit by the missiles at 40km (might have been further - I warped in at 40), as opposed to pre-patch when I was safe down to about 25km. I don't mind particularly, because I don't use range as a defense, I'm just pointing it out.
Ametro
Ametro

Posted - 2004.03.05 15:26:00 - [39]

Hi,

Just to confirm, the 65k G rats (Mortifiers?) use heavy missiles & the 75k ones (Infernos) use cruise.

Tech 2 cruise missiles should be interesting...

Doh, one day I'll sort out a sig!
Ametro
Ametro
Caldari

Posted - 2004.03.05 15:26:00 - [40]

Hi,

Just to confirm, the 65k G rats (Mortifiers?) use heavy missiles & the 75k ones (Infernos) use cruise.

Tech 2 cruise missiles should be interesting...

Doh, one day I'll sort out a sig!
rcxdude
rcxdude

Posted - 2004.03.05 19:18:00 - [41]

yeah, npc's seem to have uber weapons now... missiles have huge range, but my story beats all...

i got a mission to destroy some npc's in the system i was in. i undocked, started warping, and got stuck. i cancelled the warp with crl-space. all seemed well untill, 5 npc's(the ones i had to kill) appeared on my scanner, 6AU AWAYShockedShockedthey targeted and shot me, i doing the same. when i launcher my heavy missiles, tho, i warped and killed them the normal way.

ShockedConfusedShocked

odd..

rcxdude
rcxdude

Posted - 2004.03.05 19:18:00 - [42]

yeah, npc's seem to have uber weapons now... missiles have huge range, but my story beats all...

i got a mission to destroy some npc's in the system i was in. i undocked, started warping, and got stuck. i cancelled the warp with crl-space. all seemed well untill, 5 npc's(the ones i had to kill) appeared on my scanner, 6AU AWAYShockedShockedthey targeted and shot me, i doing the same. when i launcher my heavy missiles, tho, i warped and killed them the normal way.

ShockedConfusedShocked

odd..

Asharee Intrefer
Asharee Intrefer

Posted - 2004.03.05 19:54:00 - [43]

Was that just after the reboot earlier? I got some really bad lag then, and what happened to you seems like something that could have been caused by lag.
Asharee Intrefer
Asharee Intrefer
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2004.03.05 19:54:00 - [44]

Was that just after the reboot earlier? I got some really bad lag then, and what happened to you seems like something that could have been caused by lag.
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2004.03.05 21:20:00 - [45]

Edited by: j0sephine on 05/03/2004 21:22:21

"i got a mission to destroy some npc's in the system i was in. i undocked, started warping, and got stuck. i cancelled the warp with crl-space. all seemed well untill, 5 npc's(the ones i had to kill) appeared on my scanner, 6AU AWAYShockedShockedthey targeted and shot me, i doing the same."

There's some reports that cancelling warp seems to happen in the client, but not on the server side -- in other words, while your client is telling you that the warp was cancelled, the server still warps your ship to intended destination. So you wind up next to the rats in destination point, but because client thinks you didn't move, it'll show crazy distance to your targets and your ship sitting in place where it actually isn't at any more....
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.03.05 21:20:00 - [46]

Edited by: j0sephine on 05/03/2004 21:22:21

"i got a mission to destroy some npc's in the system i was in. i undocked, started warping, and got stuck. i cancelled the warp with crl-space. all seemed well untill, 5 npc's(the ones i had to kill) appeared on my scanner, 6AU AWAYShockedShockedthey targeted and shot me, i doing the same."

There's some reports that cancelling warp seems to happen in the client, but not on the server side -- in other words, while your client is telling you that the warp was cancelled, the server still warps your ship to intended destination. So you wind up next to the rats in destination point, but because client thinks you didn't move, it'll show crazy distance to your targets and your ship sitting in place where it actually isn't at any more....
rcxdude
rcxdude

Posted - 2004.03.05 22:31:00 - [47]

ah, that would explain it... hmm. this was a while after the reboot
rcxdude
rcxdude

Posted - 2004.03.05 22:31:00 - [48]

ah, that would explain it... hmm. this was a while after the reboot
Lao Tzu
Lao Tzu

Posted - 2004.03.06 07:52:00 - [49]

Hmm, I was just getting hit by heavy missiles at 120 km, this is just too silly now.
Lao Tzu
Lao Tzu
Hellenistic Capital

Posted - 2004.03.06 07:52:00 - [50]

Hmm, I was just getting hit by heavy missiles at 120 km, this is just too silly now.
Cpt Trenchard
Cpt Trenchard

Posted - 2004.03.06 14:01:00 - [51]

I have noticed even before patch that as long as you don't come inside thier max range npc's will not fire (turrets) or hit w/Missiles however once you drop inside thier range they can then hit you out to 100k or more.
Cpt Trenchard
Cpt Trenchard
Amarr

Posted - 2004.03.06 14:01:00 - [52]

I have noticed even before patch that as long as you don't come inside thier max range npc's will not fire (turrets) or hit w/Missiles however once you drop inside thier range they can then hit you out to 100k or more.
Coveney
Coveney
Caldari
Cold Jaguar Mining

Posted - 2007.08.15 23:43:00 - [53]

Hello, i am doing a lvl 3mission where they should from 175km and they still hit and the damage read that they are only scourge missile (because i am fighting Guristas).

Damn they are good

Posted - 2007.08.15 23:55:00 - [54]

It used to be that if the NPC's fired missiles at you out of range the missiles would stop part way.

It seems from what i've seen that this has changed recently and the missile animation flys on and reaches you then explodes as if it hit, but i get no record of a hit in the log. It could be that they are missing and just showing the wrong animation?

Warning: May contain traces of sarcasm
Carniflex
Carniflex
Caldari
Fallout Research
Fallout Project

Posted - 2007.08.16 05:48:00 - [55]

For a start NPC's have all skills at level 5, even if they usually use only one launcher on their ships. Some of them have different bonuses on their ships also. I have seen them actually hit and damage ships at ranges as high as 230 km with missiles.
Eardianm
Eardianm
Darkness Inc.

Posted - 2007.08.16 18:47:00 - [56]

*sniff*

This thread is stinky. Razz
--------------
Chi Quan
Chi Quan
Jade Phoenix Deutschland
Event-Horizon

Posted - 2007.08.16 21:24:00 - [57]

ya, smells rotten, somehow dead
-- Tempus fugit --
Xaen
Xaen
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2007.08.16 21:47:00 - [58]

Are you sure the missiles are actually hitting and doing damage?

I've noticed that lately, when one of my missiles went out of range it would graphically explode but do no damage. Perhaps the rats are doing the same.

Used to be they would just vanish when they hit max range.
-----------
Support fixing the EVE UI
Drones should not aggro anything missiles or turrets do not.
Venkul Mul
Venkul Mul
Gallente

Posted - 2007.08.17 11:06:00 - [59]

Wonderfull:

Posted - 2004.03.03 21:48:00

and still actual Laughing
Coveney
Coveney
Caldari
Cold Jaguar Mining

Posted - 2007.08.17 18:24:00 - [60]

Originally by: Xaen
Are you sure the missiles are actually hitting and doing damage?

I've noticed that lately, when one of my missiles went out of range it would graphically explode but do no damage. Perhaps the rats are doing the same.

Used to be they would just vanish when they hit max range.

When i did a check up during the mission, at highter distance the Moa and Ferox type NPC ships we`re not doing any damage over the 175KM but the animation was there. When they got 175KM and nearer then the damage would show up on the shield reading.

And yes even if it is 2004 old, its still true. Damn i love programmers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240328/0227
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.