Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Nafri
Nafri

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.25 18:52:00 - [211]

yeah wasted my sec status when i wanted to kill a smacktalker in local, but unfortunally he got help from his gang members, and i ended up with -3.1 Confused

no more empire for me it seems
Wanna fly with me?

Nafri
Nafri
Caldari
TunDraGon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.25 18:52:00 - [212]

yeah wasted my sec status when i wanted to kill a smacktalker in local, but unfortunally he got help from his gang members, and i ended up with -3.1 Confused

no more empire for me it seems

From Dusk till Dawn

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.29 12:06:00 - [213]

C'mon TomB, I dare you to post, no ... I double dare you!

Wink

Seriously though TomB I think it can only be fair for us to expect an answer. It's the uncertainty that is causing the bad attitudes here. Either tell us once and for all whether you expect us to just be perma banned from 0.5 or whether there will be a "significant" revamp of the sec status increase.

Either that or explain how I can realistically, say within 2 months re-enter 1.0 systems, with my current social skills (all trained to high ish lvls with all but diplomacy) and my current rating (-6.3).

I know this may sound poor but I suspect that the reason you are not responding is not that you haven't read this post but that you really don't want to be honest and tell us all that the dev team have no intention of helping us reform whatsoever and that you simply don't want us all to suddenly go for the -10 club by podding every little ship we see.

Ok, so what the hell is this Golden Ratio?
Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.29 12:06:00 - [214]

Wink

Seriously though TomB I think it can only be fair for us to expect an answer. It's the uncertainty that is causing the bad attitudes here. Either tell us once and for all whether you expect us to just be perma banned from 0.5 or whether there will be a "significant" revamp of the sec status increase.

Either that or explain how I can realistically, say within 2 months re-enter 1.0 systems, with my current social skills (all trained to high ish lvls with all but diplomacy) and my current rating (-6.3).

I know this may sound poor but I suspect that the reason you are not responding is not that you haven't read this post but that you really don't want to be honest and tell us all that the dev team have no intention of helping us reform whatsoever and that you simply don't want us all to suddenly go for the -10 club by podding every little ship we see.

Click here to visit our site
Lord Zap
Lord Zap

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:03:00 - [215]

Bring back daily sec increases so that after 3 months or so a person who was -10 would be back to 0. Its the only sensible thing to do, and an official response on whether persons with negative sec are going to be perma banned from empire would be nice. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH YOUR POOR CUSTOMERS.
Lord Zap
Lord Zap
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:03:00 - [216]

Bring back daily sec increases so that after 3 months or so a person who was -10 would be back to 0. Its the only sensible thing to do, and an official response on whether persons with negative sec are going to be perma banned from empire would be nice. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH YOUR POOR CUSTOMERS.
Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:15:00 - [217]

Ah sweet irony, the guy that first podded me 11 months ago is the person I am now arguing with to get CCP to do something. LOL mind you I don't suppose it's the same account holder given the rumours.

Still waiting for an answer TomB!

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:15:00 - [218]

Ah sweet irony, the guy that first podded me 11 months ago is the person I am now arguing with to get CCP to do something. LOL mind you I don't suppose it's the same account holder given the rumours.

Still waiting for an answer TomB!

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:12:00 - [219]

TomB... we're still awaiting your answer.

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:12:00 - [220]

TomB... we're still awaiting your answer.

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:29:00 - [221]

Originally by: Lord Zap

being perma banned from empire would not bother me so much if we got something in return

we kill players, so then any player can kill us in return...thats fair

But where is the balance in being banned from empire?

TBH i believe that pirates should be able to go into high sec, but if they stay in space in the same system for 10mins, the navy come and hunt them down...also id like the sentry guns not to auto fire on us.
atm, if i enter high sec i get a message telling me "Tenacha Khan criminals will not be toillerated in Caldari space, leave now or your vessel will be destroyed"
wtf..leave? hmm it should really say "Tenacha Khan, we finally have you and are gonna take delight in wtfpwning your ass"

Tenacha Khan
Tenacha Khan
TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:29:00 - [222]

being perma banned from empire would not bother me so much if we got something in return

we kill players, so then any player can kill us in return...thats fair

But where is the balance in being banned from empire?

TBH i believe that pirates should be able to go into high sec, but if they stay in space in the same system for 10mins, the navy come and hunt them down...also id like the sentry guns not to auto fire on us.
atm, if i enter high sec i get a message telling me "Tenacha Khan criminals will not be toillerated in Caldari space, leave now or your vessel will be destroyed"
wtf..leave? hmm it should really say "Tenacha Khan, we finally have you and are gonna take delight in wtfpwning your ass"
Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
Kildarin Farushna
Kildarin Farushna

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:50:00 - [223]

Originally by: Tenacha Khan

Agreed
____

->Lawless<-
>>>New Formula<<<
>>In your local 0.4 system soon<<

Kildarin Farushna
Kildarin Farushna
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:50:00 - [224]

Originally by: Tenacha Khan

Agreed
____

->Lawless<-
>>>New Formula<<<
>>In your local 0.4 system soon<<

vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk

Posted - 2004.05.31 07:45:00 - [225]

Originally by: Viqer Fell

Wink

Ah diddums, you kill people for a living and you don't want the cops to shoot you?

You're a pirate. Pirates aren't welcome in civilised society. You made the choice - deal with the consequences or end yourself. Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
----------------------------------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk
Caldari

Posted - 2004.05.31 07:45:00 - [226]

Originally by: Viqer Fell

Wink

Ah diddums, you kill people for a living and you don't want the cops to shoot you?

You're a pirate. Pirates aren't welcome in civilised society. You made the choice - deal with the consequences or end yourself. Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.31 18:38:00 - [227]

One thing that really gets on my nerves is uneducated overly-judgemental pilots who rather than research their facts just go out of their way to prove they have the intellectual capacity of a small cabbage.

Thanks for the "Ha ha you're a pirate, I'm a bitter twit" post.

Had you bothered to do any research you would have discovered that I haven't once pirated in my entire 12 month career. I spent the last 11 months role playing a minmatar freedom fighter. I spent that time building up one of the most well known freedom fighting / terrorist corporations excepting say Oracle.

So please before you run your mouth off again with your ill-informed and misguided opinions try researching your facts.

Unless that is of course your definition of Pirate is "anybody that engages in PvP at all, ever!"

All I want to know is that I will at some point in the near future (within 3 months) i can become rehabilitated into society not be permanently banned by CCP for playing a role which enhanced many pilots game experience and indeed generated several front page news stories. I feel like I am being punished for making the game better for people.

Viqer Fell
Viqer Fell
Minmatar
Trinity Nova
KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.31 18:38:00 - [228]

One thing that really gets on my nerves is uneducated overly-judgemental pilots who rather than research their facts just go out of their way to prove they have the intellectual capacity of a small cabbage.

Thanks for the "Ha ha you're a pirate, I'm a bitter twit" post.

Had you bothered to do any research you would have discovered that I haven't once pirated in my entire 12 month career. I spent the last 11 months role playing a minmatar freedom fighter. I spent that time building up one of the most well known freedom fighting / terrorist corporations excepting say Oracle.

So please before you run your mouth off again with your ill-informed and misguided opinions try researching your facts.

Unless that is of course your definition of Pirate is "anybody that engages in PvP at all, ever!"

All I want to know is that I will at some point in the near future (within 3 months) i can become rehabilitated into society not be permanently banned by CCP for playing a role which enhanced many pilots game experience and indeed generated several front page news stories. I feel like I am being punished for making the game better for people.

Tobruk
Tobruk

Posted - 2004.06.01 04:27:00 - [229]

i actually agree with zap. ive had my -9.7 for nearly 5 months and that is bull.
Tobruk
Tobruk
Black Omega Security
GoonSwarm

Posted - 2004.06.01 04:27:00 - [230]

i actually agree with zap. ive had my -9.7 for nearly 5 months and that is bull.
Your signature exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes -HornFrog ([email protected])
Lenus Daragio
Lenus Daragio

Posted - 2007.05.02 02:38:00 - [231]

I'd say the daily sec status increase is a great idea to bring back. It was probably taken out because it was broken, but it shouldn't be a fixed increase, should work more or less on a curve.
E.G.
-0.1 to -1.9 : .1 Increase per day
-2.0 to -3.9 : .06 Increase per day
-3.9 to -5.0 : .03 Increase per day
-5.1 or lower: No daily increase.

I used to chain belts to get my sec status back, (the 10 minute timer worked on a system by system basis. I'm not sure if they took that out, but if you moved from one system to another, and killed just one BShip, you could increase your sec status really fast. Just find a quiet area of 0.0)

Now the sec status increase doesn't seem to work at ALL, i can rat for hours, and kill 1.8 mil Bships, in three seperate systems, and only get a .25 increase after 30 minutes. That's BS if you ask me.

SFShootme
SFShootme
The Carebear Stare

Posted - 2007.05.02 11:12:00 - [232]

it took me 5 days to bring my sec status from -10.0 to -1.9 ..... 0.0 ratting 4tw

Tho shall give Life, for Life.
Akane Miyamoto
Akane Miyamoto
Coreli Corporation
Corelum Syndicate

Posted - 2007.05.02 11:15:00 - [233]

IBTL for necro Confused

---------------

Kim kitori
Kim kitori
Caldari
State War Academy

Posted - 2007.05.02 17:58:00 - [234]

I cant believe you made me read all these old stuffs. Mad
Namingway
Namingway
Important Yet Underrated Video Game Characters

Posted - 2007.05.02 22:33:00 - [235]

Damn necro.Rolling Eyes

Kelly O'Connor
Kelly O'Connor
Minmatar
ReallyPissedOff
Guinea Pigs

Posted - 2007.05.02 23:48:00 - [236]

Necromancy indeed, but the point is that another detailed post by a dev explaining all the small things about security gains would be much appreciated by many players.
Dread Operative
Dread Operative
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2007.05.02 23:48:00 - [237]

I'm posting in a thread that is super old.

RisingDragon
RisingDragon

Posted - 2007.05.03 02:56:00 - [238]

What is really hacking me off is the unreliability of the sec status gain, I'd like to see a reliable system put in place, this current biggest rat in 10 minutes thing punishes people who are prepared to kill npc after npc for hours on end to get rid of a sec status achieved for killing pretty much nothing. I think the current punishment system is fair, but gaining it back is seriously under-balanced, especially for people who arent in an alliance with access to remote 0.0 systems and fly bs's.

The worst thing about the security status is that it penalises people like me who arent pirates and are fed up of fleet ganks in 0.0 but enjoy the solo pvp or small gang pvp that tends to occur in low sec
Linium
Linium
Without Reason

Posted - 2007.05.03 12:17:00 - [239]

I dont have the time to read all the replys so far but my suggestion would be to let sec status increase at 0.1 per day up to a maximum of 0.0. If you want to go above this knock yourself out. A plus 5 sec status is of no use at all to carebears or anyone else. I am -2.1 and have been for years, chaining npc spawns is not something i really want to do at all and adds nothing to my or alot of other pvpers gameplay. Scrap it. It is far to difficult to raise sec status at present.YARRRR!!
----------------------------------------------------

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240328/0901
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.