Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
brothesius IV
brothesius IV

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.29 12:06:00 - [31]

Still unresolved and not implemented as far as I can see, still awaiting any kind of answer from CCP also
------------------------------------------
if (orbitstation==1) { orbitstation=0; }
brothesius IV
brothesius IV
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.29 12:06:00 - [32]

Still unresolved and not implemented as far as I can see, still awaiting any kind of answer from CCP also
d ArkAngel
d ArkAngel

Posted - 2003.08.03 17:45:00 - [33]

I'm getting exactly the same bug, I've tried all sorts of things, and every version of the drivers I can find. Still nothing. Come on CCP, at least let us know that you know about this issue and plan on dealing with it in some way.
d ArkAngel
d ArkAngel

Posted - 2003.08.03 17:45:00 - [34]

I'm getting exactly the same bug, I've tried all sorts of things, and every version of the drivers I can find. Still nothing. Come on CCP, at least let us know that you know about this issue and plan on dealing with it in some way.
Lu Tze
Lu Tze

Posted - 2003.08.03 22:48:00 - [35]

Edited by: Lu Tze on 03/08/2003 23:02:35
I've gotten this working on an nVidia card. Maybe you can translate this:

---Prepare Eve---
Load Eve, go to the graphics setting and choose windowed (fullscreen off) and 1024 x 768.
Exit Eve

-----Set up monitors in Windows---
Go to Windows Display Properties, Settings.
Right click and untick Attach for all monitors EXCEPT your primary.
Right click the primary and click properties.

------GeForce Bit---
Click the GeForce tab.
In the side menu panel, click nView Display Mode
Select Horizontal Span.
Click OK
---End Geforce Bit---

Now your monitor display should show one big wide monitor, rather than multiple ones next to eachother.

-----Eve bit: you may need to play with this!---
Load Eve (it's in windowed mode, right?)
Open the ESC: graphics settings
Set:
Fullscreen: On
Setup: 2 monitors (primary left)
(This assumes you have 2 monitors, and your main one is your left!)
Resolution: Whatever you usually play at.
Then close the window.

-----320x200 or something?---
Edit c:\program files\ccp\eve\cache\prefs.ini
Change these to:
desktopheight=768
desktopwidth=1024
desktopSetup=1
desktopPrimary=1
fullscreen=0

This will reset you to 1024x768 in single monitor mode (windowed). Undo the graphics card settings if you need to, else play with the Eve settings to get it to work. It DOES work! But it's a bit poor on 2 monitors as it splits the screen down the middle. Straight through your ship and the shipUI

Let me know if this helps or hinders.Very Happy

Emailed queries are welcomed, if they don't include death threats or anything!
[email protected]

Lu Tze
Lu Tze
Order of The Black Rose

Posted - 2003.08.03 22:48:00 - [36]

Edited by: Lu Tze on 03/08/2003 23:02:35
I've gotten this working on an nVidia card. Maybe you can translate this:

---Prepare Eve---
Load Eve, go to the graphics setting and choose windowed (fullscreen off) and 1024 x 768.
Exit Eve

-----Set up monitors in Windows---
Go to Windows Display Properties, Settings.
Right click and untick Attach for all monitors EXCEPT your primary.
Right click the primary and click properties.

------GeForce Bit---
Click the GeForce tab.
In the side menu panel, click nView Display Mode
Select Horizontal Span.
Click OK
---End Geforce Bit---

Now your monitor display should show one big wide monitor, rather than multiple ones next to eachother.

-----Eve bit: you may need to play with this!---
Load Eve (it's in windowed mode, right?)
Open the ESC: graphics settings
Set:
Fullscreen: On
Setup: 2 monitors (primary left)
(This assumes you have 2 monitors, and your main one is your left!)
Resolution: Whatever you usually play at.
Then close the window.

-----320x200 or something?---
Edit c:\program files\ccp\eve\cache\prefs.ini
Change these to:
desktopheight=768
desktopwidth=1024
desktopSetup=1
desktopPrimary=1
fullscreen=0

This will reset you to 1024x768 in single monitor mode (windowed). Undo the graphics card settings if you need to, else play with the Eve settings to get it to work. It DOES work! But it's a bit poor on 2 monitors as it splits the screen down the middle. Straight through your ship and the shipUI

Let me know if this helps or hinders.Very Happy

Emailed queries are welcomed, if they don't include death threats or anything!
[email protected]

Legonas Tedams
Legonas Tedams

Posted - 2003.08.04 04:09:00 - [37]

that still isnt true multimonitor support lu tze. try setting in the nvidia properties to recgonize each monitor seperatly and THEN see what happens. all your doing is pretending its one BIG monitor. while this may work for some, its not what most of us probaly wanted with "multi monitor support". surely, this is not what i wanted. (who wants there control panel for ship movement cut in half?). idealy, we would have true multimonitor support, where we can choose what goes where, such as browser/chat/misc windows on one monitor and game in the other. but with things as they are, i do not see this as being a priority. I DO remember reading that eve support the tri monitor support of that OTHER card (parhelia), but probaly used the same horzintal span setup as others here. Anyone here with a parhelia like to post any success stories with tri monitors and eve, even if just horzintal span?

ôThe universe is an infinitely faceted diamond, and each of our souls is reflected in its magnificence. Chose your facet, your window to the world, wisely.ö - Legonas Tedams
Legonas Tedams
Legonas Tedams
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2003.08.04 04:09:00 - [38]

that still isnt true multimonitor support lu tze. try setting in the nvidia properties to recgonize each monitor seperatly and THEN see what happens. all your doing is pretending its one BIG monitor. while this may work for some, its not what most of us probaly wanted with "multi monitor support". surely, this is not what i wanted. (who wants there control panel for ship movement cut in half?). idealy, we would have true multimonitor support, where we can choose what goes where, such as browser/chat/misc windows on one monitor and game in the other. but with things as they are, i do not see this as being a priority. I DO remember reading that eve support the tri monitor support of that OTHER card (parhelia), but probaly used the same horzintal span setup as others here. Anyone here with a parhelia like to post any success stories with tri monitors and eve, even if just horzintal span?

ôThe universe is an infinitely faceted diamond, and each of our souls is reflected in its magnificence. Chose your facet, your window to the world, wisely.ö - Legonas Tedams
Lu Tze
Lu Tze

Posted - 2003.08.04 09:12:00 - [39]

Edited by: Lu Tze on 04/08/2003 09:32:13
Quote:
that still isnt true multimonitor support lu tze.

Multiple monitors being used? Sounds like multimonitor to me Cool

Seriously, though, this is the only way to get games like this working as far as I know. If Windows handles them as seperate displays, the DirectX gets a lot more complex for stuff spanning the monitors (it's a case of the gfx card thinking 2 displays with software spanning Vs. 1 display with hardware spanning). I can't see games supporting the software spanning for a while (please prove me wrong!) due to the extra complexity... With 2 monitors, x1*y1 & x2*y2 on two seperate cards (Windows supports it, so the game must too). 3 monitors increases the complexity again... With spanning, there is 1 monitor of x*y resolution as far as the game is concerned.

I agree with you about the splitting, it looks terrible. I guess CCP would have to change the gfx engine to allow it to span but only display ship and UI on the primary monitor, with just a space view on the secondary where you can drag windows etc. This might be asking a lot of work, however.

Quote:
Anyone here with a parhelia like to post any success stories with tri monitors and eve, even if just horzintal span?

View screenshots here: http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/enhanced_games/eve.cfm

Lu Tze
Lu Tze
Order of The Black Rose

Posted - 2003.08.04 09:12:00 - [40]

Edited by: Lu Tze on 04/08/2003 09:32:13
Quote:
that still isnt true multimonitor support lu tze.

Multiple monitors being used? Sounds like multimonitor to me Cool

Seriously, though, this is the only way to get games like this working as far as I know. If Windows handles them as seperate displays, the DirectX gets a lot more complex for stuff spanning the monitors (it's a case of the gfx card thinking 2 displays with software spanning Vs. 1 display with hardware spanning). I can't see games supporting the software spanning for a while (please prove me wrong!) due to the extra complexity... With 2 monitors, x1*y1 & x2*y2 on two seperate cards (Windows supports it, so the game must too). 3 monitors increases the complexity again... With spanning, there is 1 monitor of x*y resolution as far as the game is concerned.

I agree with you about the splitting, it looks terrible. I guess CCP would have to change the gfx engine to allow it to span but only display ship and UI on the primary monitor, with just a space view on the secondary where you can drag windows etc. This might be asking a lot of work, however.

Quote:
Anyone here with a parhelia like to post any success stories with tri monitors and eve, even if just horzintal span?

View screenshots here: http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/enhanced_games/eve.cfm

brothesius IV
brothesius IV

Posted - 2003.08.17 22:31:00 - [41]

That's all good I guess but nobody owns a parhelia cos they're a pile of ú^%$ and probably wouldn't hold the framerate on 1 monitor let alone 3! Confused I ain't gunna go in depth on this cos I doubt CCP are gunna read this.
brothesius IV
brothesius IV
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2003.08.17 22:31:00 - [42]

That's all good I guess but nobody owns a parhelia cos they're a pile of ú^%$ and probably wouldn't hold the framerate on 1 monitor let alone 3! Confused I ain't gunna go in depth on this cos I doubt CCP are gunna read this.
Rhombus
Rhombus

Posted - 2003.08.18 09:47:00 - [43]

Edited by: Rhombus on 18/08/2003 09:48:13
... great input here. Thanx to all!

I am just wondering how many monitors can be connected to a GeForce card. My (ASUS) seems to be capable of running 2 via nView only.

Any ideas on how to get 3 working?

Rhombus
Rhombus
Caldari
Brotherhood of Steel

Posted - 2003.08.18 09:47:00 - [44]

Edited by: Rhombus on 18/08/2003 09:48:13
... great input here. Thanx to all!

I am just wondering how many monitors can be connected to a GeForce card. My (ASUS) seems to be capable of running 2 via nView only.

Any ideas on how to get 3 working?

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep

Posted - 2003.08.26 23:47:00 - [45]

Trawled all the forums - like my gran its ****ed

multi monitor support will not work, horizontal expanded monitor will.

every one gets the 320 resolution bug (REAL big graphics)

Personnaly I quite liked the idea of having all the game on one monitor and the chat windows and cargo / drone bay on another - wont happen...

Is this on the dev list?

It's a Dog eat Dog World out there and I'm wearing Milky Bone underwear

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep
Amarr
Aur0ra

Posted - 2003.08.26 23:47:00 - [46]

Trawled all the forums - like my gran its ****ed

multi monitor support will not work, horizontal expanded monitor will.

every one gets the 320 resolution bug (REAL big graphics)

Personnaly I quite liked the idea of having all the game on one monitor and the chat windows and cargo / drone bay on another - wont happen...

Is this on the dev list?

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep

Posted - 2003.08.27 11:09:00 - [47]

don't know if it will help - but i filled a bug report with the relevant info.

My only suggestion is all thise who want multi monitor, file a bug report - that way it may get on the fix list by popular demand.

:)

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep
Amarr
Aur0ra

Posted - 2003.08.27 11:09:00 - [48]

don't know if it will help - but i filled a bug report with the relevant info.

My only suggestion is all thise who want multi monitor, file a bug report - that way it may get on the fix list by popular demand.

:)

d ArkAngel
d ArkAngel

Posted - 2003.08.31 10:35:00 - [49]

Hey post the contence of what you put in your bug report here, if we all copy and past the same bug report then they'll probably stand more chance of noticing that we want it fixed :)
d ArkAngel
d ArkAngel

Posted - 2003.08.31 10:35:00 - [50]

Hey post the contence of what you put in your bug report here, if we all copy and past the same bug report then they'll probably stand more chance of noticing that we want it fixed :)
Saturn
Saturn

Posted - 2003.08.31 15:28:00 - [51]

Lu Tze, you almost had me sold on the Parhelia! Have been thinking about it since it came out actually but I hadnt seen screenshots of EVE on it yet. Very nice by the way. Matrox rocks the 2D world but not sure how it would handle 3D gfx such as this.

I sent a bug report in beta concerning the multiple monitor problem. I guess maybe its time to send another but as d ArkAngel suggested, in mass. Post your submission format and we'll copy&paste it to our own.

I would love to have EVE spread out to my other monitor and have gone through several ATI cards (up to the 9800 pro 128 now) hoping for a better view. Till its worked out I imagine I'll just keep my jukebox on the other monitor and on occasion a forum thread or two. Rolling Eyes

_________
"Our inmates are dedicated to producing the best license plates for your ships."
-Saturn, Warden and CEO of Prison Corp
Saturn
Saturn
Amarr
Prison Corp

Posted - 2003.08.31 15:28:00 - [52]

Lu Tze, you almost had me sold on the Parhelia! Have been thinking about it since it came out actually but I hadnt seen screenshots of EVE on it yet. Very nice by the way. Matrox rocks the 2D world but not sure how it would handle 3D gfx such as this.

I sent a bug report in beta concerning the multiple monitor problem. I guess maybe its time to send another but as d ArkAngel suggested, in mass. Post your submission format and we'll copy&paste it to our own.

I would love to have EVE spread out to my other monitor and have gone through several ATI cards (up to the 9800 pro 128 now) hoping for a better view. Till its worked out I imagine I'll just keep my jukebox on the other monitor and on occasion a forum thread or two. Rolling Eyes

_________
"Our inmates are dedicated to producing the best license plates for your ships."
-Saturn, Warden and CEO of Prison Corp
Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep

Posted - 2003.09.01 00:14:00 - [53]

I never kept a copy of my bug report,

I simply stated how multi monitor does not work (extended desk top mode) yet horizontal/vertical extension does - not quite multi monitor support.

If you want to re-create this and see those lovingly 320x1024 graphics, set to multi monitor and pow its there: use eve-dude to reset or your screwed.

Also post this thread link so dev can see that a lot of people do view this and check for support

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep
Amarr
Aur0ra

Posted - 2003.09.01 00:14:00 - [54]

I never kept a copy of my bug report,

I simply stated how multi monitor does not work (extended desk top mode) yet horizontal/vertical extension does - not quite multi monitor support.

If you want to re-create this and see those lovingly 320x1024 graphics, set to multi monitor and pow its there: use eve-dude to reset or your screwed.

Also post this thread link so dev can see that a lot of people do view this and check for support

jason hill
jason hill

Posted - 2003.09.01 12:52:00 - [55]

Hi this is my fifty pence worth ... i went out and purchased a dakota video splitter . ( cost ú1oo ) this gizmo allows plug up to 4 monitors off just one graphics card. I have also not been able to get the true aspect ( front left and right ) but I can get get three "front " forward looking views .I have been led to believe that this "application ? " has not been implemented into the game ...just yet ...so i think its just a case of waiting untill ccp get round to doing it .Confused

"THE HUMAN SHIELD"
jason hill
jason hill
Caldari
Nightmare Holdings

Posted - 2003.09.01 12:52:00 - [56]

Hi this is my fifty pence worth ... i went out and purchased a dakota video splitter . ( cost ú1oo ) this gizmo allows plug up to 4 monitors off just one graphics card. I have also not been able to get the true aspect ( front left and right ) but I can get get three "front " forward looking views .I have been led to believe that this "application ? " has not been implemented into the game ...just yet ...so i think its just a case of waiting untill ccp get round to doing it .Confused

"THE HUMAN SHIELD"
Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep

Posted - 2003.09.01 16:42:00 - [57]

Hence add a bug report - as it was descibed in the manual - so it obviously does not work.

no offence but these guys are very busy, unless you say on mass you want it - it a the bottom of a very long list

I see your 2 pence worth and raise you 2 pence

Angry Sheep
Angry Sheep
Amarr
Aur0ra

Posted - 2003.09.01 16:42:00 - [58]

Hence add a bug report - as it was descibed in the manual - so it obviously does not work.

no offence but these guys are very busy, unless you say on mass you want it - it a the bottom of a very long list

I see your 2 pence worth and raise you 2 pence

Moornblade
Moornblade

Posted - 2003.09.05 21:02:00 - [59]

I want multimonitor support :)

I want it bad :)

I've tried Radeon 8500LE, Geforce FX5200, and a Gefroce FX 5900. (I've moved to Nvidia from ATI, even though I prefer ATI (as a company), because I want good sterescopic support).

Multimonitor support would be really, really, nice, just because I like to play with a whole lot of windows open, and they tend to clutter up my screen. I would be much happier with my ship on the middle of one screen (the bigger one) with a basic hud, and all my open UI windows on the other screen.

For me, that would really enhance game play.
Moornblade
Moornblade
Gallente

Posted - 2003.09.05 21:02:00 - [60]

I want multimonitor support :)

I want it bad :)

I've tried Radeon 8500LE, Geforce FX5200, and a Gefroce FX 5900. (I've moved to Nvidia from ATI, even though I prefer ATI (as a company), because I want good sterescopic support).

Multimonitor support would be really, really, nice, just because I like to play with a whole lot of windows open, and they tend to clutter up my screen. I would be much happier with my ship on the middle of one screen (the bigger one) with a basic hud, and all my open UI windows on the other screen.

For me, that would really enhance game play.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240501/0458
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.