Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Caldorous
Caldorous

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.02.24 14:04:00 - [241]

Originally by: Argho Seles
How the heck are you supposed to fit a 100mn AB on a Maller?

No offence intended but seems that your character is far to "young" to understand what does a 100mn ab in a maller, thats a easy question to answer:

First, this post was made pre-exodus, so at that time putting an oversized ab in a cruiser was a usual thing (like putting an oversized ab in a frigate).

Second, at that time the ab only booted the ship's speed by a 35% and had lesser powergrid requirements

Third, nowadays (as i have heard) putting an oversized ab in a ship greately reduces the ship's agility and is very difficult to use it, at that time, the only thing they did was give a 350% speed boost and take out most of the usable pg of the ship (i cannot remember if the cap use was important or not)

Forth, and last, look the post date, if it is more than four months old, leave it alone Wink
-----------------------------

2005.03.13 01:11:29combatYour 350mm Railgun I perfectly strikes Asteroid (Veldspar), wrecking for 0.0 damage.
Caldorous
Caldorous
Gallente

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.02.24 14:04:00 - [242]

Originally by: Argho Seles
How the heck are you supposed to fit a 100mn AB on a Maller?

No offence intended but seems that your character is far to "young" to understand what does a 100mn ab in a maller, thats a easy question to answer:

First, this post was made pre-exodus, so at that time putting an oversized ab in a cruiser was a usual thing (like putting an oversized ab in a frigate).

Second, at that time the ab only booted the ship's speed by a 35% and had lesser powergrid requirements

Third, nowadays (as i have heard) putting an oversized ab in a ship greately reduces the ship's agility and is very difficult to use it, at that time, the only thing they did was give a 350% speed boost and take out most of the usable pg of the ship (i cannot remember if the cap use was important or not)

Forth, and last, look the post date, if it is more than four months old, leave it alone Wink
-----------------------------
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.16 22:52:00 - [243]

i am currently running a duro maller but am still training all relavent cap and pwr skills up to level 4 and 5 but i am just wondering if this setup if any good for pvp fighting as i dont tend to do missions, but rather prefer belt to belt hunting hence it is important that if i come across a player piarate i can defend myself. I realise this depends entirelly on his/her ship but take a good frig or cruiser for example.
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.16 22:52:00 - [244]

i am currently running a duro maller but am still training all relavent cap and pwr skills up to level 4 and 5 but i am just wondering if this setup if any good for pvp fighting as i dont tend to do missions, but rather prefer belt to belt hunting hence it is important that if i come across a player piarate i can defend myself. I realise this depends entirelly on his/her ship but take a good frig or cruiser for example.
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.17 01:22:00 - [245]

i forgot to say what i had

Highs 5x focused modulated pulse energy beam 1's, 1x med nos (e50 prototype)

Meds f-b10nominal cap recharger,large peroxide 1 capacitor power cell, y-58 hydrocarbon 1 afterburner

lows reactor contrl unit 1, armour em hardner 1, cap pwr relay 1, 2x small armour recharger 2's, skadi coolant system 1.

After re-reading the post specs on the duromaller i eventually realised that i was using med lasers instead of frig lasers and this was the prob with my cap and pwr grid that i was having.

but im not convinced that doing away with them is a good idea thaey were real expencive and took ages to find. will i realy be able to do equil; damage with lighter lasers against 100k spawns and pvp
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.17 01:22:00 - [246]

i forgot to say what i had

Highs 5x focused modulated pulse energy beam 1's, 1x med nos (e50 prototype)

Meds f-b10nominal cap recharger,large peroxide 1 capacitor power cell, y-58 hydrocarbon 1 afterburner

lows reactor contrl unit 1, armour em hardner 1, cap pwr relay 1, 2x small armour recharger 2's, skadi coolant system 1.

After re-reading the post specs on the duromaller i eventually realised that i was using med lasers instead of frig lasers and this was the prob with my cap and pwr grid that i was having.

but im not convinced that doing away with them is a good idea thaey were real expencive and took ages to find. will i realy be able to do equil; damage with lighter lasers against 100k spawns and pvp
ZaKma
ZaKma

Posted - 2005.03.25 15:42:00 - [247]

the orignal post is ooooooold so i was woundering if it still works or what?
ZaKma
ZaKma
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2005.03.25 15:42:00 - [248]

the orignal post is ooooooold so i was woundering if it still works or what?

dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.25 22:14:00 - [249]

yes it does still work, i changed the lasers in the end ind with reasonable cap and pwr skills u can tank alot of npc ships. i have also tanked against mates firing cruise missles and torp's at me and if u can get close done reasonable damage to most cruisers, and providing they dont have real good skills, battle cruisers as well, but u need to be able to lock and run the nos or u will run dry. also for pvp it's prob best to fit a med armour rep 11 and fit a backup array in the spair slot as if u are jammed and webbed u are stuffed
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.03.25 22:14:00 - [250]

yes it does still work, i changed the lasers in the end ind with reasonable cap and pwr skills u can tank alot of npc ships. i have also tanked against mates firing cruise missles and torp's at me and if u can get close done reasonable damage to most cruisers, and providing they dont have real good skills, battle cruisers as well, but u need to be able to lock and run the nos or u will run dry. also for pvp it's prob best to fit a med armour rep 11 and fit a backup array in the spair slot as if u are jammed and webbed u are stuffed
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.03 01:58:00 - [251]

Are the quad light beams still a viable option?
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.03 01:58:00 - [252]

Are the quad light beams still a viable option?
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.03 20:05:00 - [253]

Actually now that Exodus has been out what is the weapon of choice for the Duramaller setup? My friend lost his Duramaller in 0.0 when he ran out of cap to 3 mutant lords. How can I avoid the same mistake?
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.03 20:05:00 - [254]

Actually now that Exodus has been out what is the weapon of choice for the Duramaller setup? My friend lost his Duramaller in 0.0 when he ran out of cap to 3 mutant lords. How can I avoid the same mistake?
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.03 20:05:00 - [255]

ZaKma
ZaKma

Posted - 2005.04.03 21:58:00 - [256]

Edited by: ZaKma on 04/04/2005 16:33:14
Edited by: ZaKma on 03/04/2005 21:57:58
i reccomend using..

HI
5x named/t2 laser's (small)(pulse)
1x named medium nosferatu
MED
2x named cap rechargers
10mn afterburner t2
lo
3x hardners (excluding em)
1600mm rolled tungston plates
med armor repairer t2
named cap power relay

this holds cap for a long while with lvl4 (idealy lvl 5) energy skills, and remember amarr cruiser lvl4 so all your resistances after the hardners are on are between 68% -- 74% with 4k hitpoints

also dont use the ab to much, only when necessery, it eats a fair bit of cap even with good navi skill's i use it when the fight is over to collect loot and in small bursts to get closer to my optimal (althou' alot of npc rats like to get close to you so with small pulse's and fair tracking skills you cna hit them and dont have to use ab to get in range)
ZaKma
ZaKma
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2005.04.03 21:58:00 - [257]

i reccomend using..

HI
MED
2x named cap rechargers
10mn afterburner t2
lo
med armor repairer t2
named cap power relay

this holds cap for a long while with lvl4 (idealy lvl 5) energy skills, and remember amarr cruiser lvl4 so all your resistances after the hardners are on are between 68% -- 74% with 4k hitpoints

also dont use the ab to much, only when necessery, it eats a fair bit of cap even with good navi skill's i use it when the fight is over to collect loot and in small bursts to get closer to my optimal (althou' alot of npc rats like to get close to you so with small pulse's and fair tracking skills you cna hit them and dont have to use ab to get in range)

ZaKma
ZaKma
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2005.04.03 21:58:00 - [258]

i reccomend using..

HI
MED
2x named cap rechargers
10mn afterburner t2
lo
med armor repairer t2
named cap power relay

Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.05 16:57:00 - [259]

Can anyone else second this setup? 3 hardeners and a 1600mm plate sounds like a bit much but I am probably wrong.
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.05 16:57:00 - [260]

Can anyone else second this setup? 3 hardeners and a 1600mm plate sounds like a bit much but I am probably wrong.
Honsou Toramino
Honsou Toramino

Posted - 2005.04.05 16:57:00 - [261]

Asestorian
Asestorian

Posted - 2005.04.05 18:15:00 - [262]

i believe the point of the duramaller was to have ott tanking but limited firepower. so the 1600mm plate etc is whats supposed to be there in this kinda set-up.
----------------
Asestorian
Asestorian
Minmatar
Domination.

Posted - 2005.04.05 18:15:00 - [263]

i believe the point of the duramaller was to have ott tanking but limited firepower. so the 1600mm plate etc is whats supposed to be there in this kinda set-up.

---

---
Asestorian
Asestorian
Minmatar
Domination.

Posted - 2005.04.05 18:15:00 - [264]

---

---
ZaKma
ZaKma

Posted - 2005.04.05 20:26:00 - [265]

dude i got 2.7mil sp, can fit with lvl4 electronic/engernering skills, all 'cos of the small weapons :) try it dont cost to much, oh also i didnt say use n-type heardners i reccomend!!!ExclamationExclamation
ZaKma
ZaKma
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2005.04.05 20:26:00 - [266]

dude i got 2.7mil sp, can fit with lvl4 electronic/engernering skills, all 'cos of the small weapons :) try it dont cost to much, oh also i didnt say use n-type heardners i reccomend!!!ExclamationExclamation

ZaKma
ZaKma
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2005.04.05 20:26:00 - [267]

dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.04.10 22:48:00 - [268]

i have now been using the duro maller for quite a while and have impressed my mates in there bs as to how well i can tank i now have got another maller and have fitted teck 2 lasers and terck 2 heat sink it tanks real well, the small lasers enable u to keep cap for ages while firing real quick so making up for lack of damage

its actually good for pvp if ur nor jammed

but i was wondering if it would be worth using the same setup or idea on an apok but obveously tripeling the size of the mods, would it be worth using large or medium lasers instead of mega's to improve the tank.?

i dont own an apoc yet but will soon i had just hoped this might work as it would make fitting the ship that bit less confusing

i really want a sacrelage but will have to settle for an apoc as the training times for the sac are obsene.
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.04.10 22:48:00 - [269]

i have now been using the duro maller for quite a while and have impressed my mates in there bs as to how well i can tank i now have got another maller and have fitted teck 2 lasers and terck 2 heat sink it tanks real well, the small lasers enable u to keep cap for ages while firing real quick so making up for lack of damage

but i was wondering if it would be worth using the same setup or idea on an apok but obveously tripeling the size of the mods, would it be worth using large or medium lasers instead of mega's to improve the tank.?

i dont own an apoc yet but will soon i had just hoped this might work as it would make fitting the ship that bit less confusing

i really want a sacrelage but will have to settle for an apoc as the training times for the sac are obsene.
dalgett
dalgett

Posted - 2005.04.10 22:48:00 - [270]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240419/1510
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.