Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 42 post(s)
Roxanne
Roxanne

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.01 17:51:00 - [1231]

Originally by: Hllaxiu
Edited by: Hllaxiu on 01/11/2005 17:44:49
Originally by: j0sephine
"Anyways, now that carriers get all damage types back, theres still the issue of being reduced from 15 drones to 10 drones in hitpoints - and thats assuming that drone hitpoints are doubled (which is unlikely)."

Given though the carrier in question is at the same time enhanced from 2 full wing of drones to 3, doesn't that even out? ^^;;

old: 2x 15 drones worth of hp = 30x 'drone hp'
new: 3x 5x 2x drone hp = still 30x 'drone hp'

Was more concerned about the Vexor and Ishtar actually, they get (essentially) no spares.

Oh, and the Ishkur better come out of this boosted...

EDIT: And theres that silly amarr cruiser too... Wink

Vexor old: 15 mediums in space and in bay.
Vexor new: 5 mediums in space, 7 and a light in bay (or any other combination of 75 dronebay).

They get replacements. But if those make up for the loss in HPs in space remains to be seen. Maybe they tweak other stats, too and change drone behavior. The increased survivabilty will have to be tested.
Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.01 17:52:00 - [1232]

Edited by: j0sephine on 01/11/2005 17:50:55

"Was more concerned about the Vexor and Ishtar actually, they get (essentially) no spares."

Oh.. but was under impression the drone bay size bonus remains untouched, which would actually mean they get boost in terms of drone hp?

old: 250 + 250 = 500 drone bay = 10 heavies
new: 125 + 250 = 375 drone bay = 7 heavies = 14 'old' heavies hp and damage-wise + couple of mids/lights

might be wrong on this one though ^^;;

I was assuming that the size would be nerfed.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the ships to show up on SISI.
Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu
Shiva
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2005.11.01 17:52:00 - [1233]

Edited by: j0sephine on 01/11/2005 17:50:55

"Was more concerned about the Vexor and Ishtar actually, they get (essentially) no spares."

Oh.. but was under impression the drone bay size bonus remains untouched, which would actually mean they get boost in terms of drone hp?

old: 250 + 250 = 500 drone bay = 10 heavies
new: 125 + 250 = 375 drone bay = 7 heavies = 14 'old' heavies hp and damage-wise + couple of mids/lights

I was assuming that the size would be nerfed.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the ships to show up on SISI.
---
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:00:00 - [1234]

"I was assuming that the size would be nerfed."

Well, there's no mention about change to this bonus in the dev blog, and Tux confirmed somewhere in this thread Ishkur gets the base drone bay reduction to 15m, but keeps the bonus at 5m per level extra... so presuming it'd be done in the same manner for the larger ships, too.

But yup, will need to wait and see...
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:00:00 - [1235]

Well, there's no mention about change to this bonus in the dev blog, and Tux confirmed somewhere in this thread Ishkur gets the base drone bay reduction to 15m, but keeps the bonus at 5m per level extra... so presuming it'd be done in the same manner for the larger ships, too.

Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:02:00 - [1236]

Ishkur would be a very nice frigate if it'd get a drone bay of 25m3 and a +10%/level damage bonus. That way you get your 15 light drones and you can't (well, won't) use mediums.

Then again IMHO all assault frigs are underpowered in some way so that may actually make the ship overpowered (compared to other AFs).
Hllaxiu
Hllaxiu
Shiva
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:02:00 - [1237]

Ishkur would be a very nice frigate if it'd get a drone bay of 25m3 and a +10%/level damage bonus. That way you get your 15 light drones and you can't (well, won't) use mediums.

Then again IMHO all assault frigs are underpowered in some way so that may actually make the ship overpowered (compared to other AFs).
---
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Emerson
Hafthor
Hafthor

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:05:00 - [1238]

Originally by: Tuxford

Originally by: Kirtan Loor

Already too many pages for me to check them all....I don't know if this is posted before but:

I've Heavy Drones III, Drone int IV and Gal cruiser IV

Ogre I's have 11 base dps

Today:
Vexor with 6 Ogre I's

11dps * 1.6(ogre) * 1.15 (Heavy Drones III) * 6 drones =

121.44 dps

Beginning December:
Vexor with 3 Ogre I's

11dps * 1.6(ogre) * 1.15 (HD III) * 1.8(DI IV) * 1.4(GC IV) * 3 =

153.01 dps

I love using med drones on my vexor currently...swarming enemies with drones is just fun.....Putting 2 Heavies 2 Meds and 1 light gives also same dps in the new config.

I don't want these changes....give me my swarm!!!

Also...I used to put 13 mining drones on my vexor for mining. Now the mining output is reduced...Drone interfacing still makes up for some loss...I would like to see a change on mining yields for drone carrier ships.

I'm not really against giving drone cruisers mining yield bonus. Dominix is a battleship and it just feels wrong that it has mining yield bonus. I suggested to TomB giving Moros a mining yield bonus and he started throwing stuff at me Shocked so I will definitly not do that.

If battleships should never mine then why introduce the high risk mining of Mercoxit? Do you expect ppl to go out in a Scythe or Osprey to mine Mercoxit?

And noone asked for mining dreadnoughts as far as I know. Some people in this thread are actually trying to point out to you very big flaws in your suggestions and you reward them by making fun of them? You would do well to stop taking it as a joke when you are screwing with players skill training.

--------------------------
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
Hafthor
Hafthor
Gallente
The Fated

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:05:00 - [1239]

Originally by: Kirtan Loor

Already too many pages for me to check them all....I don't know if this is posted before but:

I've Heavy Drones III, Drone int IV and Gal cruiser IV

Ogre I's have 11 base dps

Today:
Vexor with 6 Ogre I's

11dps * 1.6(ogre) * 1.15 (Heavy Drones III) * 6 drones =

121.44 dps

Beginning December:
Vexor with 3 Ogre I's

11dps * 1.6(ogre) * 1.15 (HD III) * 1.8(DI IV) * 1.4(GC IV) * 3 =

153.01 dps

I love using med drones on my vexor currently...swarming enemies with drones is just fun.....Putting 2 Heavies 2 Meds and 1 light gives also same dps in the new config.

I don't want these changes....give me my swarm!!!

Also...I used to put 13 mining drones on my vexor for mining. Now the mining output is reduced...Drone interfacing still makes up for some loss...I would like to see a change on mining yields for drone carrier ships.

I'm not really against giving drone cruisers mining yield bonus. Dominix is a battleship and it just feels wrong that it has mining yield bonus. I suggested to TomB giving Moros a mining yield bonus and he started throwing stuff at me Shocked so I will definitly not do that.

If battleships should never mine then why introduce the high risk mining of Mercoxit? Do you expect ppl to go out in a Scythe or Osprey to mine Mercoxit?

And noone asked for mining dreadnoughts as far as I know. Some people in this thread are actually trying to point out to you very big flaws in your suggestions and you reward them by making fun of them? You would do well to stop taking it as a joke when you are screwing with players skill training.

--------------------------
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
Sub'Zero
Sub'Zero

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:13:00 - [1240]

so, WEB drones+BS=bye bye Cruisers and HAC's....great,
Sub'Zero
Sub'Zero
Gallente
Doomheim

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:13:00 - [1241]

so, WEB drones+BS=bye bye Cruisers and HAC's....great,
Sykosys
Sykosys

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1242]

Edited by: Sykosys on 01/11/2005 18:18:31
EDIT:: Whoops drone bonus is for all dmg types now my point is now NULL

SYKOSYS

"She'll fly apart sir,"
"FLY HER APART THEN!!!"
Xtro 2
Xtro 2

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1243]

Originally by: Blackest Sheep
People using drones to create lag happens all the time. Last time I pvp'd, the opponents tried to stop the attack by using Raxes and BS and deploying all the drones at an outgoing gate. Tactics like this probably make a reduction of drones in space necessary. Lag is a severe issue and any attempt to reduce it is welcome.

That makes the fault lie in retarded players, not the ships, fine drones are cut back, great just bring more pilots to compensate.

UPC - PVP'ers Good and Bad, How Do You Want Peace?
Through Talk Or In A Casket? We Decide!

Peace My Brothers...
Xtro 2
Xtro 2

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1244]

Originally by: Nafri
Originally by: Alex Harumichi
Originally by: ClawHammer III

You forgot to take in account the Drone Interfacing skill being changed to a 20% damage bonus so really you will have about the same amount of drone firepower as you do now.

No, I didn't forget the 20% bonus. Please read my post again.

My point is that the *relative* drone firepower of the Dom vs other battleships has effectively been reduced. Everyone can train Drone Interfacing, everyone gets the bonus -- it does not factor into discussions of ship balance.

Ehh? Dominix also gehts its 10% thermal bonus, it looses no damage at all, and the others dont gain damage at all

ive never used thermal drones ever on my dom, their useless, always 100% tanked and damned slow/buggy to boot.

Worst content update ever. (.voice of comic book guy.)

UPC - PVP'ers Good and Bad, How Do You Want Peace?
Through Talk Or In A Casket? We Decide!

Peace My Brothers...
Xtro 2
Xtro 2
Caldari
Pre-nerfed Tactics

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1245]

Originally by: Nafri
Originally by: Alex Harumichi
Originally by: ClawHammer III

You forgot to take in account the Drone Interfacing skill being changed to a 20% damage bonus so really you will have about the same amount of drone firepower as you do now.

No, I didn't forget the 20% bonus. Please read my post again.

My point is that the *relative* drone firepower of the Dom vs other battleships has effectively been reduced. Everyone can train Drone Interfacing, everyone gets the bonus -- it does not factor into discussions of ship balance.

Ehh? Dominix also gehts its 10% thermal bonus, it looses no damage at all, and the others dont gain damage at all

ive never used thermal drones ever on my dom, their useless, always 100% tanked and damned slow/buggy to boot.

Xtro 2 - Tactically Insane Tradesman.
Insanity, or madness, is a semi-permanent, severe mental disorder.
Sykosys
Sykosys
Minmatar
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1246]

Edited by: Sykosys on 01/11/2005 18:18:31
EDIT:: Whoops drone bonus is for all dmg types now my point is now NULL

SYKOSYS
Your signature exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes - Devil ([email protected])
Xtro 2
Xtro 2
Caldari
Pre-nerfed Tactics

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:17:00 - [1247]

Originally by: Blackest Sheep
People using drones to create lag happens all the time. Last time I pvp'd, the opponents tried to stop the attack by using Raxes and BS and deploying all the drones at an outgoing gate. Tactics like this probably make a reduction of drones in space necessary. Lag is a severe issue and any attempt to reduce it is welcome.

That makes the fault lie in retarded players, not the ships, fine drones are cut back, great just bring more pilots to compensate.

Xtro 2 - Tactically Insane Tradesman.
Insanity, or madness, is a semi-permanent, severe mental disorder.
Roxanne
Roxanne

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:20:00 - [1248]

Originally by: Xtro 2

One should really create an auto-answering machine that types this on every page: bonus changed to all damage types. Forget about racial damage bonus.
Roxanne
Roxanne

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:20:00 - [1249]

Originally by: Xtro 2

One should really create an auto-answering machine that types this on every page: bonus changed to all damage types. Forget about racial damage bonus.
Ampoliros
Ampoliros

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:22:00 - [1250]

I started up a new thread here in relation to the 'drone swarm' idea. Feel free to post ideas, concepts, perhaps later additions - whatever.
------------------------------------
Humbug !
Ampoliros
Ampoliros
Phantom Knights

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:22:00 - [1251]

I started up a new thread here in relation to the 'drone swarm' idea. Feel free to post ideas, concepts, perhaps later additions - whatever.
------------------------------------
Tech2 Superweapon ftw:
Zeb Boregar
Zeb Boregar

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:23:00 - [1252]

Changing racial damage types to all damage types.

Thks! That totally changes the feature of the project. Good point.

Now, there is still a major problem. As stated in various posts, drones carriers ships are drones dependant for their damages. As a logical consequence the players will be reluctant to use the new drones....
One solution could be to allow us to pick up drones in our cargo bay and drop them in our drones bay.
As it should not be a trick to bypass the drones bay size limitation, put a timer on this operation, say the same as the jettison one.

Zeb Boregar
Zeb Boregar
Gallente
The Scope

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:23:00 - [1253]

Changing racial damage types to all damage types.

Thks! That totally changes the feature of the project. Good point.

Now, there is still a major problem. As stated in various posts, drones carriers ships are drones dependant for their damages. As a logical consequence the players will be reluctant to use the new drones....
One solution could be to allow us to pick up drones in our cargo bay and drop them in our drones bay.
As it should not be a trick to bypass the drones bay size limitation, put a timer on this operation, say the same as the jettison one.

Soulita
Soulita

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:24:00 - [1254]

Edited by: Soulita on 01/11/2005 18:26:42
Edited by: Soulita on 01/11/2005 18:24:44
Originally by: HankMurphy
KK, that WAS me being nice....

1)if you cant read 20 pages in 30 minutes, w/o turning off the part of your brain that allows you to read AND understand. you are a retard by every sense of the word (thats right, whomever 'you' may be, your not just slow, you are a retard)

I think that statement removes all validity from any posts you ever made and will ever make. (reading 650 posts in 30 minutes means you spent 2.77 seconds per post on average)

Also I hope a mod reads your reply as it clearly violates forum rules.

I will not deal with you any longer, since you have clearly disqualified yourself.

Soulita
Soulita
Gallente
Inner Core

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:24:00 - [1255]

Edited by: Soulita on 01/11/2005 18:26:42
Edited by: Soulita on 01/11/2005 18:24:44
Originally by: HankMurphy
KK, that WAS me being nice....

1)if you cant read 20 pages in 30 minutes, w/o turning off the part of your brain that allows you to read AND understand. you are a retard by every sense of the word (thats right, whomever 'you' may be, your not just slow, you are a retard)

I think that statement removes all validity from any posts you ever made and will ever make. (reading 650 posts in 30 minutes means you spent 2.77 seconds per post on average)

Also I hope a mod reads your reply as it clearly violates forum rules.

I will not deal with you any longer, since you have clearly disqualified yourself.

Derran
Derran

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:25:00 - [1256]

Edited by: j0sephine on 01/11/2005 17:53:38

old: 250 + 250 = 500 drone bay = 20 heavies
new: 125 + 250 = 375 drone bay = 15 heavies = 30 'old' heavies hp

(edited for wrong heavy drone size >.<;;

I don't think you are wrong on the HP of drones. The actual amount may be the question. It is in the dev blog that drones get a HP increase, and that there will be a skill (Drone Durability) that will also increase it as well.
Derran
Derran
Minmatar
Khumatari Holdings
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:25:00 - [1257]

Edited by: j0sephine on 01/11/2005 17:53:38

old: 250 + 250 = 500 drone bay = 20 heavies
new: 125 + 250 = 375 drone bay = 15 heavies = 30 'old' heavies hp

(edited for wrong heavy drone size >.<;;

I don't think you are wrong on the HP of drones. The actual amount may be the question. It is in the dev blog that drones get a HP increase, and that there will be a skill (Drone Durability) that will also increase it as well.
Forsch
Forsch

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:27:00 - [1258]

Originally by: Zeb Boregar

Like the guy in the chronicle does with the vampire drone! From cargo into drone bay.

The Auctoritan Syndicate
Defenders of the Empire - Curatores Veritatis Alliance
Forsch
Forsch
Auctoritan Syndicate
Curatores Veritatis Alliance

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:27:00 - [1259]

Originally by: Zeb Boregar

Like the guy in the chronicle does with the vampire drone! From cargo into drone bay.

Forsch
Defender of the empire

What have you done CCP.. Sad
Levin Cavil
Levin Cavil

Posted - 2005.11.01 18:37:00 - [1260]

Tuxford it would be my pleasure to provide you with a 14 day trial of Eve-Online using CCP's buddy program. You might like the game if you actually played it.

Currently Training: Suicidal Tendencies [Rank 8] 1,947,276/2,048,000 SP

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,22s, ref 20240419/0554
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.