Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 42 post(s)
Trelennen
Trelennen

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.19 06:01:00 - [2611]

Edited by: Trelennen on 19/11/2005 06:01:24
Originally by: Exile Devaltos
Donno if this has been mentioned, but shouldn't the Dominix also get a mining bonus for the drones?
Before it could mine with 15 drones and now it will only be able to mine with 5 without any bonus. So mining drones are being nerfed times 3 on the Dom.

Excuse my n00bness Very Happy

You should read better, these 5 mining drones will still be equivalent to 10 current mining drones, so it's only a 33% loss in drone mining ability (dominix can still fit mining lasers). And Tux said only some ships will have bonus to mining drones, and obviously he doesn't want to keep that great mining ability on the Dominix, which is a Battleship ;)
Quote:
dont fly what you cant afford to lose, always have it insured, make sure you can replace it before you take it into 0.0 or any potentially kaboomish situations.
Trelennen
Trelennen
Disturbed Hoggs

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.19 06:01:00 - [2612]

Edited by: Trelennen on 19/11/2005 06:01:24
Originally by: Exile Devaltos
Donno if this has been mentioned, but shouldn't the Dominix also get a mining bonus for the drones?
Before it could mine with 15 drones and now it will only be able to mine with 5 without any bonus. So mining drones are being nerfed times 3 on the Dom.

Excuse my n00bness Very Happy

You should read better, these 5 mining drones will still be equivalent to 10 current mining drones, so it's only a 33% loss in drone mining ability (dominix can still fit mining lasers). And Tux said only some ships will have bonus to mining drones, and obviously he doesn't want to keep that great mining ability on the Dominix, which is a Battleship ;)
The Wizz117
The Wizz117

Posted - 2005.11.19 10:54:00 - [2613]

i would like to see drones that shoot missiles for the missile people. Rolling Eyes
The Wizz117
The Wizz117

Posted - 2005.11.19 10:54:00 - [2614]

i would like to see drones that shoot missiles for the missile people. Rolling Eyes

-------------------------------------------
That ccp created a universe doesen't mean they'r gods
Ellyza
Ellyza

Posted - 2005.11.19 15:44:00 - [2615]

Originally by: GC13
You did overlook something. That level 5 Drone Interfacing that allowed you to use ten drones will now make your five drones do the damage of ten drones.

Thanks - that answers it.

Having all drone skills at L5, I don't have much choice other than to wait and see how much of an effect this has on my gameplay Confused

If at all possible, could you please give us an idea of the pricetags on the new drone skills ?
Ellyza
Ellyza

Posted - 2005.11.19 15:44:00 - [2616]

Originally by: GC13
You did overlook something. That level 5 Drone Interfacing that allowed you to use ten drones will now make your five drones do the damage of ten drones.

Thanks - that answers it.

Having all drone skills at L5, I don't have much choice other than to wait and see how much of an effect this has on my gameplay Confused

If at all possible, could you please give us an idea of the pricetags on the new drone skills ?
Ithildin
Ithildin

Posted - 2005.11.19 16:38:00 - [2617]

Originally by: The Wizz117

I realize by the 'Rolling Eyes' that you're trying to make some sort of sarcastic point (which incidentally eludes me), but I'll answer that anyway.

A drone is an entity for which the relevant graphics is a 'x' in the UI for most players. This is best illustrated that most people don't know that the Vespa (think it was) doesn't even have a model!
Also, a missile shooting drone'd only add to server lag considering that it'd have more than one entity in space associated to it at any time. hence you'll never see one.

So. When are these forums going live in game?
Ithildin
Ithildin
Gallente
The Corporation
Cruel Intentions

Posted - 2005.11.19 16:38:00 - [2618]

Originally by: The Wizz117

I realize by the 'Rolling Eyes' that you're trying to make some sort of sarcastic point (which incidentally eludes me), but I'll answer that anyway.

A drone is an entity for which the relevant graphics is a 'x' in the UI for most players. This is best illustrated that most people don't know that the Vespa (think it was) doesn't even have a model!
Also, a missile shooting drone'd only add to server lag considering that it'd have more than one entity in space associated to it at any time. hence you'll never see one.
-
EVE is sick.
throbbinnoggin
throbbinnoggin

Posted - 2005.11.19 20:58:00 - [2619]

"More" good news for drone users. Currently on the test server drone base damage hp has been increased.

Lights from 4 to 7.5

Medium from 9 to 12

Heavy from 22 to 24

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
'Abraham Lincoln'
throbbinnoggin
throbbinnoggin
Gallente
Eminent Domain

Posted - 2005.11.19 20:58:00 - [2620]

"More" good news for drone users. Currently on the test server drone base damage hp has been increased.

Lights from 4 to 7.5

Medium from 9 to 12

Heavy from 22 to 24

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
'Abraham Lincoln'
GC13
GC13

Posted - 2005.11.19 21:17:00 - [2621]

All I can say is "it's about time." FINALLY there's a reason to use lighter drones.

/me is happy! ugh
GC13
GC13
Caldari
Derelik Trading Company

Posted - 2005.11.19 21:17:00 - [2622]

All I can say is "it's about time." FINALLY there's a reason to use lighter drones.

/me is happy! ugh

--

Science and Industry guide plus A Newbie's Guide to Caldari Ships
Eve and RPG blog
keepiru
keepiru

Posted - 2005.11.20 00:55:00 - [2623]

post 1337 throbb, kekeke
-------------
Where are the named 800mm Plates and Mega Ions, CCP?
keepiru
keepiru
Supernova Security Systems

Posted - 2005.11.20 00:55:00 - [2624]

post 1337 throbb, kekeke
----------------

Boost T2 Plate HP!
Jeni Silver
Jeni Silver

Posted - 2005.11.20 08:34:00 - [2625]

Ya know - mebe part of the drone lag problem is from the billions of abandoned drones floating around out there. Go to any system when peeps are doing missions, visit a planet and set yer scanner to a billion km and look how many drones are just floating around out there. How to long to 'abondoned' drones stay in space?
Jeni Silver
Jeni Silver
Gallente
Ethereal Imperium
Tactical Narcotics Team

Posted - 2005.11.20 08:34:00 - [2626]

Ya know - mebe part of the drone lag problem is from the billions of abandoned drones floating around out there. Go to any system when peeps are doing missions, visit a planet and set yer scanner to a billion km and look how many drones are just floating around out there. How to long to 'abondoned' drones stay in space?
Ithildin
Ithildin

Posted - 2005.11.20 12:47:00 - [2627]

Originally by: Jeni Silver

Inert drones aren't as much problem for the servers as active drones are. The most lag they cause is when you scan them, I should think.

Originally by: keepiru
post 1337 throbb, kekeke

Yes, kind of appropriate that the elite post went to someone noticing small drones getting a well deserved boost!

So. When are these forums going live in game?
Ithildin
Ithildin
Gallente
The Corporation
Cruel Intentions

Posted - 2005.11.20 12:47:00 - [2628]

Originally by: Jeni Silver

Inert drones aren't as much problem for the servers as active drones are. The most lag they cause is when you scan them, I should think.

Originally by: keepiru
post 1337 throbb, kekeke

Yes, kind of appropriate that the elite post went to someone noticing small drones getting a well deserved boost!
-
EVE is sick.
throbbinnoggin
throbbinnoggin

Posted - 2005.11.20 13:04:00 - [2629]

I just had to post again as this arguing of 15 vs 5 and various other numbers made me think of the following:

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven

*This Is Spinal Tap*

'Abraham Lincoln'
throbbinnoggin
throbbinnoggin
Gallente
Eminent Domain

Posted - 2005.11.20 13:04:00 - [2630]

I just had to post again as this arguing of 15 vs 5 and various other numbers made me think of the following:

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven

*This Is Spinal Tap*

'Abraham Lincoln'
LOPEZ
LOPEZ

Posted - 2005.11.21 02:08:00 - [2631]

Been on the test server.. the ishtar now blows... make it so it can use 10 drones... like seriously.. plus 5% to damage minning yeild and 10% to hit pionts?Confused... HEAVY ASSULT CRUISER... not heavy assult minner.... I dont think that 5% covers for a extra drone. Whats the piont of it being drone carrier if it can only launch 5 hvy drones with max skills... Confused.... o well at least armor tanking is more uber :)
LOPEZ
LOPEZ
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.21 02:08:00 - [2632]

Been on the test server.. the ishtar now blows... make it so it can use 10 drones... like seriously.. plus 5% to damage minning yeild and 10% to hit pionts?Confused... HEAVY ASSULT CRUISER... not heavy assult minner.... I dont think that 5% covers for a extra drone. Whats the piont of it being drone carrier if it can only launch 5 hvy drones with max skills... Confused.... o well at least armor tanking is more uber :)
Revelation
Eclipse
Rex Martell
Rex Martell

Posted - 2005.11.21 12:12:00 - [2633]

Can the 10% bonus which preplaces +1 drone per level be extended to include Logistic Drones.

"The object of war is not to die for your corp, but to make the other b@##@#d die for his"
Rex Martell
Rex Martell
Caldari

Posted - 2005.11.21 12:12:00 - [2634]

Can the 10% bonus which preplaces +1 drone per level be extended to include Logistic Drones.

"The object of war is not to die for your corp, but to make the other b@##@#d die for his"
Jon Xylur
Jon Xylur

Posted - 2005.11.21 16:51:00 - [2635]

CCCP meesed up the drones big time. Now they can't do gull dmaage to a webbed battleship since they orbit so fast thei'r nerfed trackign can't stay up with it. Fix the tracking please! Why did you change it anyways? Some Inty pilot whined that he got podded by a battleship since it had something to defend itself? As we all know battleships are just supposed to self destruct as Intys appear since they are supposed to eb invulnerable and get anything that even scrathes their paintjob nerfed to hell and back.
Jon Xylur
Jon Xylur
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2005.11.21 16:51:00 - [2636]

CCCP meesed up the drones big time. Now they can't do gull dmaage to a webbed battleship since they orbit so fast thei'r nerfed trackign can't stay up with it. Fix the tracking please! Why did you change it anyways? Some Inty pilot whined that he got podded by a battleship since it had something to defend itself? As we all know battleships are just supposed to self destruct as Intys appear since they are supposed to eb invulnerable and get anything that even scrathes their paintjob nerfed to hell and back.
Please resize image to a maximum of 400 x 120, and not exceeding 24000 bytes, ty - Cortes
theRaptor
theRaptor

Posted - 2005.11.21 18:53:00 - [2637]

Originally by: Jon Xylur
CCCP meesed up the drones big time. Now they can't do gull dmaage to a webbed battleship since they orbit so fast thei'r nerfed trackign can't stay up with it. Fix the tracking please!

Ugh, I wish they would change how tracking works. If you are orbiting something then your guns have to move very little, in fact they could probably just stay locked in place. It is only when someone is orbiting you that your guns have to track independant of the hull of your ship.

So currently it is quite hilarious when Inties try and have a fight without webs.

And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him
theRaptor
theRaptor
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2005.11.21 18:53:00 - [2638]

Originally by: Jon Xylur
CCCP meesed up the drones big time. Now they can't do gull dmaage to a webbed battleship since they orbit so fast thei'r nerfed trackign can't stay up with it. Fix the tracking please!

Ugh, I wish they would change how tracking works. If you are orbiting something then your guns have to move very little, in fact they could probably just stay locked in place. It is only when someone is orbiting you that your guns have to track independant of the hull of your ship.

So currently it is quite hilarious when Inties try and have a fight without webs.
I don't think you trust, in, my, self-righteous suicide.
keepiru
keepiru

Posted - 2005.11.21 19:43:00 - [2639]

That would be a MASSIVE change in combat mechanics.
-------------
Where are the named 800mm Plates and Mega Ions, CCP?
keepiru
keepiru
Supernova Security Systems

Posted - 2005.11.21 19:43:00 - [2640]

That would be a MASSIVE change in combat mechanics.
----------------

Boost T2 Plate HP!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,42s, ref 20240424/0824
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.