Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
JohnAllan Pirkibo
JohnAllan Pirkibo
Progress inc.
La Division Bleue

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:03 - [781] - Quote

I start to tremble, where did you put the methadone? Big smile
Scott Larr TheLarrs
Scott Larr TheLarrs
Eclipse Contracting

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:05 - [782] - Quote

The worst thing for me is that I re-subbed last night after a few months away... Played for a little while and then went to bed. Get up today, did some stuff and thought "I'll play some Eve today!" - Then I find the server's down... I feel so robbed :P

Hopefully you guys will have it up and running soon :)

Thanks Dev's! :)
Gregor Parud
Gregor Parud
Ordo Ardish

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:10 - [783] - Quote

Dik Taker Ship wrote:
IT'S UP!!!!!

to the ccp tech team to get this sorted!

Still not up. Stop playing with my heart :(

I'm old Gregor.

David Deltori
David Deltori
Not A Holding Corporation
The Andraste

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:30 - [784] - Quote

LMFAO
NOmadS0uL
NOmadS0uL
Hidden Agenda
Deep Space Engineering

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:36 - [785] - Quote

Yes we have long skill queues so yes the server could stay off longer and it shouldnt affect us too much, but lets also get a point or two out. First off this that "there was back in the past a 24h downtime" or "back on wow they had the servers down 2 days"

We are not in 2006 or whatever, CCP is not rebuilding the whole server or developing the game from scratch, **** happens agreed but also agree that better planning, smarter methods and smarter ways of doing things are available. There have been many lessons learned since back when so please stop defending CCP and let the DEV do it himself/herself.

I personally would prefer more info on what is going on or the reasons for the down time even if its "technical" than listen to a bunch of nerdy old farts who compare to how games were back then and their down times. We are here now and we are offline now.

Some more info would make it go over better so we can maybe relate more. Though odds are it was a cup of coffee that fell out of the new techies hand, spilled on the server and now they clamming up and calling it something way more than what it is so they don't lose face or look stupid :P
LordShazbot
LordShazbot
Valar Morghulis.
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:17:47 - [786] - Quote

Hey gang,

Whats up with the eve server? Shouldn't it be on right now? I cant even. 0/
Greygal
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:18:09 - [787] - Quote

dominique Rotineque wrote:
im not whining.. just stating that customers have a right to complain for services not being delivered wich have been paid for in full. The right to complain.. yes its all possible in a free world.

also personally i see this as an incident. It will become a problem if it occurs more often and is not dealt with a good root cause solution.

Well, it might be a free country, but it's not necessarily a free world... just sayin' ...

Anyways, since it appears you are new, be assured that the overwhelming majority of time, downtime lasts less than 10 minutes, which is about a good time for a biobreak on a roam :)

If you read the Terms of Service and Eula, you'll find that there is NO contractual obligation to recompense us for unexpected or extended downtimes, nor is there any guarantee made that the servers will never go down or problems won't occur.

The TQ cluster is a massively complicated system. Things go wrong, and just like professionals around the world, when things go wrong they do everything they possibly can to get things fixed and back up and running as soon as is humanly possible.

The overwhelming majority of the time, CCP's hamsters are well-fed and healthy. Even the healthiest of us is subject to accidents and injury. Today, the hamsters tripped over their kibble on their rush to their wheels and sprained their ankle. It's going to take some time for the doctors to ice and bandage their poor little paws. Have some patience :) You know what it's like in emergency rooms, the doctors ALWAYS love to keep us waiting!

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

Ploing
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:18:16 - [788] - Quote

La Ahri wrote:

What if they can't reboot because their boot.ini is deleted?

ccp did it again ? Shocked
Kaervek Dalani
Kaervek Dalani
Starcade Group
Elemental Tide

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:18:20 - [789] - Quote

This is my first post on the Eve Forums, so go easy on me. :)

Just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome a developer takes this much time to respond to our concerns and keep us posted. I know it's crummy that Tranq is down, but I'm impressed that it's this easy to stay informed.

Also, can I borrow, like, 50 isk from someone?
Bricollie
Bricollie
Space Mining Consortium

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:18:35 - [790] - Quote

Yawn ... time is ISK people. Let's go.
Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat
Aurelias Industrial Syndicate

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:18:55 - [791] - Quote

For those with their panties in a bundle..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67jM8nO7Ag
Goawy Help
Goawy Help
UGOAWAY

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:19:07 - [792] - Quote

Three Day Lost of Playing time. I can understand 1 or may be 2. This is just not right for the consumers.
Syjeklye
Syjeklye
The Knights Templars
Dark Knights of Eden

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:19:35 - [793] - Quote

NOmadS0uL wrote:
Yes we have long skill queues so yes the server could stay off longer and it shouldnt affect us too much, but lets also get a point or two out. First off this that "there was back in the past a 24h downtime" or "back on wow they had the servers down 2 days"

We are not in 2006 or whatever, CCP is not rebuilding the whole server or developing the game from scratch, **** happens agreed but also agree that better planning, smarter methods and smarter ways of doing things are available. There have been many lessons learned since back when so please stop defending CCP and let the DEV do it himself/herself.

I personally would prefer more info on what is going on or the reasons for the down time even if its "technical" than listen to a bunch of nerdy old farts who compare to how games were back then and their down times. We are here now and we are offline now.

Some more info would make it go over better so we can maybe relate more. Though odds are it was a cup of coffee that fell out of the new techies hand, spilled on the server and now they clamming up and calling it something way more than what it is so they don't lose face or look stupid :P

w00t w00t for that 50 day skill queue i have siting around.
Dutchess Kumquat
Dutchess Kumquat
Aurelias Industrial Syndicate

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:19:51 - [794] - Quote

Brianna Hailey wrote:
Dutchess Kumquat wrote:
Dik Taker Ship wrote:
IT'S UP!!!!!

You lies. I do not like liars.

*get a bat*.....Roll

beat down liars..Dutchess and the princess light them on fire!!!! ;-)

Haha! Yes!! Maybe I should have all my girls have that as a safety feature? XD
Miss Martin James
Miss Martin James
FreeTrade Initiative

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:20:01 - [795] - Quote

-Road worker accidently cut through fiber cables doing road maintance..
D'Kelle
D'Kelle
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:20:01 - [796] - Quote

Mr X5 wrote:
What about the POSes which will go offline because can't be refuelled?

Never let it get that low in the first place, cos if **** can happen, it will.
Cedric Rochester
Cedric Rochester
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:20:45 - [797] - Quote

Dik Taker Ship wrote:
IT'S UP!!!!!

..that's GOLD, Jerry, GOLD! :D :D :D

"It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours." -Diogenes of Sinope

Astro Agnon
Astro Agnon
Synapse.
The Kadeshi

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:20:51 - [798] - Quote

I've been playing online games for close to 20 years. Started out with Ultima Online, then moved on to Asheron's Call.

When ever AC would be "updated" (each month) there would server downtime, then once the servers were up, it was a race to see what new quests were introduced and to see who could finish them first.

Then the next day, the servers would go down for an emergency patch to fix an exploit. Then the next day, a patch was put on the patch to fix the bug that was introduced to fix the first bug (and so on)

One time the game was down for close to 2 weeks. You can just imagine the complaining that was going on about that. The devs did give up compensation, some times it was free XP (experience points) or what they would call pack dolls (miniature versions of the monsters in the game that you could carry around in your pack, they would just walk around.

I ensure you, the Devs for EvE are working as hard as they can to get the game up and running.
Aribeth Thiesant
Aribeth Thiesant
Fluffy Inquisition

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:20:57 - [799] - Quote

Kaervek Dalani wrote:

Just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome a developer takes this much time to respond to our concerns and keep us posted. I know it's crummy that Tranq is down, but I'm impressed that it's this easy to stay informed.

Awesome why? It's their job! They get paid to do it
Gypsien Agittain
Gypsien Agittain
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:21:03 - [800] - Quote

If we lose escalations due to this fuckery, are we getting any kind of compensation?
Just because losing, in my case, two 10/10 DED's is ~half a plex on average. And I don't think I'm the only one.
5tann
5tann
Exanimo Inc
Gentlemen's.Club

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:21:11 - [801] - Quote

Kaervek Dalani wrote:

\

seen as its your first time I feel its my duty to be a brutal as possible to you as it will have level your expectations of the type of verbal kicking you will get when ever you post here.

or you could join goons where stupid goes to die!

PS can I have your stuff?
Catpiss Everdeen
Catpiss Everdeen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:21:59 - [802] - Quote

Typically, I'd be very upset that there was extended downtime. However, as my daily overdose of Klonopin and malt liquor hasn't kicked in yet: I can sit tight for now. I might get the shakes after a while but there's always more Klonopin for that.
Felicity Love
Felicity Love
Imperium Galactic Navy

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:22:31 - [803] - Quote

Bricollie wrote:
Yawn ... time is ISK people. Let's go.

Unless you live in Greece... and then it's actually other people's "ISK"... P

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.-á-á ( Pick four, any four. They all smell. -á)

SkyFlyer
SkyFlyer
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:22:43 - [804] - Quote

Are people seriously crying and whining about the servers not being up?
Kriss Spectre
Kriss Spectre
Bogan Nation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:22:45 - [805] - Quote

I was able to run the game with exefile yesterday even when the launcher failed, but now tranquility is offline,

CCP i wish you luck Big smile,

please make an top post on this form to announce when the server is up so that we can try to login and check. rather than scrolling through hundreds of angry Customer posts to find CCP Falcon posts, Please.
LordShazbot
LordShazbot
Valar Morghulis.
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:23:13 - [806] - Quote

Gypsien Agittain wrote:
If we lose escalations due to this fuckery, are we getting any kind of compensation?
Just because losing, in my case, two 10/10 DED's is ~half a plex on average. And I don't think I'm the only one.

Totes bro. I need that paper. Also, sick cornrows. I might switch it up to something like that.
KenFlorian
KenFlorian
Jednota Inc

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:23:14 - [807] - Quote

"I hate it when the doohickey stops working properly. "

I think the Mrs. said this once....I blame it on the wine.

Exotica Storm
Exotica Storm
ArK's Armada
ArK Alliance

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:23:19 - [808] - Quote

Ok, ok who scrammed and webbed the server hamsters. Cmon now own up to it Big smile
D'Kelle
D'Kelle
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:23:22 - [809] - Quote

Ploing wrote:
La Ahri wrote:

What if they can't reboot because their boot.ini is deleted?

ccp did it again ? Shocked

That would be very ironic lol. long time since anyone mentioned that old and embarrassing event. but wasn't it our win.ini file?
Uhmer
Uhmer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 15:23:22 - [810] - Quote

Why CCP not add this information in Luncher, Latest News? about cluster down or etc. Why I need to find this from google.com or from forum?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240420/0027
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.