Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Mass Disconnect - 16:35 12/04/2015

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 4 post(s)
afkalt
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.13 14:49:11 - [61] - Quote

It happened to me night before last, EU.
Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
Interstellar Nuclear Penguins
DARKNESS.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.13 15:26:07 - [62] - Quote

Eve Solecist wrote:
So, because of money, adults are entitled to behave like children?

Exactly what part of what I said was childish?
If you are referring to other people, you do realise many people are actually children that play eve right?
Some of them legally, and some just mentally, but the fact remains. If you pay for performance and that contract is not being fulfilled, then you have the right to ask why, when it will be fixed, and what compensation they intend to make for breaching the contract.

For some people, a simple "we're sorry for the inconvenience" isn't sufficient.

If you actually ever held a job, you'd know that when you promise something where money changes hands, you provide it, or you make remedy (like a refund, or a discount, or some other form of restitution). Welcome to contracts and you 101.

A consumer (in any field) has the right to demand remedy when a service they paid for isn't met as per the agreement.

CCP Falcon just saying "oops sorry, we're working on it" [paraphrased], obviously isn't satisfactory for some people, in fact I'm willing to bet a bit more communication might make people less annoyed and less likely to demand remedy. "Oops we're working on it" [paraphrased] works for about 1 day, then you need to start communicating.

As it stands now, there is no indication of how CCP intend to make restitution to those that were affected.
Xercodo
Xercodo
Xovoni Directorate

Posted - 2015.04.13 16:23:26 - [63] - Quote

Garmyne Atavuli wrote:

I have a car, do I now need to be a fully qualified mechanic to operate one? NO!
So at the same I don't not need to be an internet nerd to own a computer.

All I (we) needed was a non sanctimonious and non patronizing answer to a simple question.

When most of you claim to be experts because you once fixed a lawn mower, so that you are qualified to call bullshit on the repair bill for an 18-wheeler's engine, your gonna get some patronizing as **** answers.

Though in that case what'd probably happen is you'd vow to never go back to such an "expensive mechanic", the mechanic will be happy be rid of you, and then laugh when he hears from friend that you tried to fill your diesel tank with normal gas a month later.

The Drake is a Lie

Jenn aSide
Jenn aSide
Smokin Aces.

Posted - 2015.04.13 16:31:38 - [64] - Quote

I think the issue was how it took 3 or 4 days to confirm what people were thinking in the 1st place. The whole "TQ is fine" think struck the wrong tone with a lot of us, a better answer would have been "we're investigating but it doesn't seem like a problem on our end, we'll keep you posted".

And i'm just speculating here, but sometimes public information people forget that not everyone uses all the same information sources (that happens with my organization as well).

What I mean is this: the public information guy is posting on twitter, facebook, other forms of social media, by the time he gets to the forums we have set up he's like "damn it I've explained this 6 times already" and that last notification is...not as polite as the 1st 6. But the guy who just uses the forum just sees a bad message and things "what an a-hole".

I mention this because I found the twitter and facebook notifications to be WAY more clear than what ended up on the forum. Thank you CCP for working on a frustrating problem. I got lucky, I was in Incursion sites EVERY time there was a mass disconnect and didn't lose my ship lol.
Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.13 16:36:21 - [65] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:

If you are referring to other people, you do realise many people are actually children that play eve right?
Some of them legally, and some just mentally, but the fact remains. If you pay for performance and that contract is not being fulfilled, then you have the right to ask why, when it will be fixed, and what compensation they intend to make for breaching the contract.

For some people, a simple "we're sorry for the inconvenience" isn't sufficient. .
"Hey you! Yea, you Twin Towers management! How dare you have a building that is a pile of rubble?! I demand to know why you did not plan for this!
You failed to fulfil my rental agreement! I demand compensation right now!"

There is a difference between someone dropping the ball and not upgrading some hardware or replacing something faulty and a deliberate attack on infrastructure.

Essentially, I think the thing that is annoying is people demanding, making a lot of "noise" and "getting in the way" of those that are trying to work toward a solution.

"Who started this fire?!"
"Could you get out of the way? We are still trying to put the fire out."

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

High Sec needs a stepping stone to other areas of space, where they can grow

Fozzie is treating a symptom.

Dersen Lowery
Dersen Lowery
Drinking in Station

Posted - 2015.04.13 16:50:49 - [66] - Quote

I'm not sure where all the shock and anger is coming from in this thread. Tranquility has been under constant DDoS attacks ever since the EULA enforcement changes this past winter, and maybe even before then.

Mad people are mad.

For those ~demanding~ various things of CCP and CCP Falcon: you do realize that life is not a TV show, and it can take more than 5 minutes to figure out what the problem is? And you do realize that you are the guy watching a business owner getting attacked by thugs and shouting at the owner to pay more attention to the PAYING CUSTOMER IN LINE AT HIS REGISTER?!?!?!?!1

It's a disconnect from a game. Stand up from the computer. Stretch. Get a beer. Maybe go outside. It's OK.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Eugene Kerner
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Gate Camp Theory

Posted - 2015.04.13 17:11:00 - [67] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:

For some people, a simple "we're sorry for the inconvenience" isn't sufficient.

If you actually ever held a job, you'd know that when you promise something where money changes hands, you provide it, or you make remedy (like a refund, or a discount, or some other form of restitution). Welcome to contracts and you 101.

A consumer (in any field) has the right to demand remedy when a service they paid for isn't met as per the agreement.

CCP Falcon just saying "oops sorry, we're working on it" [paraphrased], obviously isn't satisfactory for some people, in fact I'm willing to bet a bit more communication might make people less annoyed and less likely to demand remedy. "Oops we're working on it" [paraphrased] works for about 1 day, then you need to start communicating.

As it stands now, there is no indication of how CCP intend to make restitution to those that were affected.

I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER OF THIS CCPMART RIIIGGHT NAAOWWW! NAAAOOWWW

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] " -á CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a di++k joke."-áRobin Williams - RIP

Dradis Aulmais
Dradis Aulmais
Jump On Contact
Sock Puppet Federation

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:10:12 - [68] - Quote

Re read your TOS CCP is not liable for acts out side their control. You wouldn't be able to get a refund if a volcano wiped out CCP

Bar Certified General Counsel Attorney at Law Crime and Punishment JAG Gallente Federal Navy

Clients

Deep Space Mining Corp *Brave Crewmen of the Brave Corporations * Quafe

Nalia White
Nalia White
Tencus

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:32:43 - [69] - Quote

Dradis Aulmais wrote:
Re read your TOS CCP is not liable for acts out side their control. You wouldn't be able to get a refund if a volcano wiped out CCP

or let's say you bought a car and are driving up the mountain when the weather turns bad and makes the road INACCESSABLE. you don't turn to your car mechanic then too :) he will just say: "your car is fine"

wow that's acutaly a pretty good analogy with the road as the internet tube... :P
Vincent Athena
Vincent Athena
V.I.C.E.

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:36:06 - [70] - Quote

" If you pay for performance and that contract is not being fulfilled, then you have the right to ask why, when it will be fixed, and what compensation they intend to make for breaching the contract."

The contract between you and CCP says "Upon establishing a valid Account, and subject to your continued compliance with the EULA, CCP grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to access the System" and "CCP is not responsible for your access to the Internet"

In other words, the contract says you can access their system provided you have insured there is an internet connection between you and the system.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:45:57 - [71] - Quote

Vincent Athena wrote:
In other words, the contract says you can access their system provided you have insured there is an internet connection between you and the system.
Anyone super rich and wants to run a private network directly to CCP within England? P

Harrison Tato
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:52:04 - [72] - Quote

Eve Solecist wrote:
Ecklectrix wrote:
Ivarr Kerensky wrote:
Now, take your uninformed entitlement somewhere else. Thanks.

People usually feel entitled, when they already paid upfront for something that isn't working. Generally that's because they actually ARE entitled...thats what paying for something does. It gives you a title...usually the title is like "paying customer" and it does come with "entitlements" believe it or not.

Yeah, when I go out and order a $100 steak I just smile and laugh when it fails to appear on my table.
Dersen Lowery
Dersen Lowery
Drinking in Station

Posted - 2015.04.13 18:58:31 - [73] - Quote

Harrison Tato wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:
Ecklectrix wrote:
Ivarr Kerensky wrote:
Now, take your uninformed entitlement somewhere else. Thanks.

People usually feel entitled, when they already paid upfront for something that isn't working. Generally that's because they actually ARE entitled...thats what paying for something does. It gives you a title...usually the title is like "paying customer" and it does come with "entitlements" believe it or not.

Yeah, when I go out and order a $100 steak I just smile and laugh when it fails to appear on my table.

You mean, while there are armed robbers holding the restaurant up?

You keep forgetting, conveniently, that CCP's game is under external attack. This is not a question of "CCP accidentally the whole server." There's a hostile third party disrupting the path between you and your steak, and it is unreasonable to expect the staff to continue as if nothing was going on.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.13 19:40:24 - [74] - Quote

We have done this to ourselves. Spoon feeding people to get the numbers in our groups higher. *Sigh*

Summerveign
Summerveign
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.04.13 19:43:40 - [75] - Quote

Too many fails CCP. It was the last for me.

Hope you'll do better.
GL & HF
Garmyne Atavuli
Garmyne Atavuli
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.04.13 20:18:14 - [76] - Quote

Xercodo wrote:
Garmyne Atavuli wrote:

I have a car, do I now need to be a fully qualified mechanic to operate one? NO!

All I (we) needed was a non sanctimonious and non patronizing answer to a simple question.

When most of you claim to be experts because you once fixed a lawn mower, so that you are qualified to call bullshit on the repair bill for an 18-wheeler's engine, your gonna get some patronizing as **** answers.

Though in that case what'd probably happen is you'd vow to never go back to such an "expensive mechanic", the mechanic will be happy be rid of you, and then laugh when he hears from friend that you tried to fill your diesel tank with normal gas a month later.

Huh? quite what that nonsense had to do with my original post is beyond me. Ugh

If brains where dynamite......

EDIT..
The FULL quote:

Bj Queeen wrote:
All these tears make me happy. All of you screaming at Falcon and CCP are pretty stupid. Do you guys even know how to Internets?

All I (we) needed was a non sanctimonious and non patronizing answer to a simple question.[/quote]
Johnny Jinks
Johnny Jinks
The Minutemen
The Bastion

Posted - 2015.04.13 21:26:06 - [77] - Quote

lol someone done got ganked.

probs cause of the sov changes and afk cloakers.

xxxTRUSTxxx
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers

Posted - 2015.04.13 22:59:32 - [78] - Quote

Iam The Flash wrote:
How is it not their fault?

Nothing else stopped working for me.

Three server conenctions to work stayed up, 2 x FTP clients working fine, teamspeak working fine, skype working fine. No issue with youtube or ctrlaltdel online either.

Yeh three eve accounts shut down n refuse to connect

And it's not their fault?

lol much m8

"a series of DDoS attacks targeted at Tranquility. "

so which part of this are you having trouble understanding?

it didn't target the following.

your server in work.
your FTP servers.
your teamspeak server.
your skype server.
your ISP.
your machine.
nor where youtube targeted.

Tranquility was the target.

DeltaAgent26a
DeltaAgent26a

Posted - 2015.04.13 23:03:38 - [79] - Quote

Random DC's still occurring, two of my allies just dropped,
and I am guessing that they ill not be able to log back in
any time soon.

Fleets are pointless due to random DC's,
never know when logi or command ships are going to drop off.

Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.14 00:50:04 - [80] - Quote

DeltaAgent26a wrote:
Maverick would be so disappointed in you. P

Glathull
Glathull
Warlock Assassins

Posted - 2015.04.14 03:35:35 - [81] - Quote

DeltaAgent26a wrote:
Random DC's still occurring, two of my allies just dropped,
and I am guessing that they ill not be able to log back in
any time soon.

Fleets are pointless due to random DC's,

Le sigh.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Don Purple
Don Purple
Snuggle Society.

Posted - 2015.04.14 05:26:52 - [82] - Quote

my entire fleet dc'd leaving me alone on a dickstar, good time :D

Enjoy the game kiddos.

Thankyou ccp for your hard work.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 07:48:36 - [83] - Quote

Vincent Athena wrote:
The contract between you and CCP says "Upon establishing a valid Account, and subject to your continued compliance with the EULA, CCP grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to access the System" and "CCP is not responsible for your access to the Internet"

It also states, that my plex or cash subscription, is valid for 30 days.

Let me just ask the question from CCP's perspective then. If I fail to pay my subscription because the bank was closed for a few days and I couldn't access my money, or my credit card was faulty or some other fault that is NOT my own, would CCP give me 4 days of free play time? The answer is no, they would unsub my account until I paid for the service as per the contract agreement.

Why then is it ok for CCP to not provide the service for the stated period of 30 days? That's a rhetorical question, it's not ok.

CCP Can easily grant 4 additional days, or a plex amount equal to 4 days worth based on current plex per dollar prices, or grant other in game assetts that essentially cost them nothing but make restitution for their breach of contract.

CCP will ban you the second you don't adhere to their EULA, why do you seem to think the EULA is a one way contract? It is not, and CCP not only can, but need to be held to the same standards they impose on the players.

EULA is a Standard form contract

Offer - The EULA describes the terms and conditions under which you may (i) use the Software; (ii) subscribe to, access and use EVE Online

Consideration - Upon establishing a new Account, you will be entitled to play EVE for a stated period of time (not to exceed thirty (30) days) without paying a subscription fee (the "Trial Period"). If your Account is not terminated in accordance with the procedures set forth below within the stated Trial Period, you will be charged the subscription fees as described during the registration process when you established your Account. (ie exchange cash for a service)

Acceptance - Accept EULA, download client, Buy plex, start playing.

So, I still see no response from CCP Falcon as to how they intend to make whole those that were unable to access their accounts due to the DDOS attacks.
Darek Castigatus
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:17:12 - [84] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:

Let me just ask the question from CCP's perspective then. If I fail to pay my subscription because the bank was closed for a few days and I couldn't access my money, or my credit card was faulty or some other fault that is NOT my own, would CCP give me 4 days of free play time? The answer is no, they would unsub my account until I paid for the service as per the contract agreement.

Why then is it ok for CCP to not provide the service for the stated period of 30 days? That's a rhetorical question, it's not ok.

CCP Can easily grant 4 additional days, or a plex amount equal to 4 days worth based on current plex per dollar prices, or grant other in game assetts that essentially cost them nothing but make restitution for their breach of contract.

CCP will ban you the second you don't adhere to their EULA, why do you seem to think the EULA is a one way contract? It is not, and CCP not only can, but need to be held to the same standards they impose on the players.

Offer - The EULA describes the terms and conditions under which you may (i) use the Software; (ii) subscribe to, access and use EVE Online

Consideration - Upon establishing a new Account, you will be entitled to play EVE for a stated period of time (not to exceed thirty (30) days) without paying a subscription fee (the "Trial Period"). If your Account is not terminated in accordance with the procedures set forth below within the stated Trial Period, you will be charged the subscription fees as described during the registration process when you established your Account. (ie exchange cash for a service)

So, I still see no response from CCP Falcon as to how they intend to make whole those that were unable to access their accounts due to the DDOS attacks.

Because it's you're responsibility to ensure your connection works, not CCPs. As long as the servers remain open to outside connections then CCP is fulfilling its end of the agreement, connection issues involving things outside their network are none of their concern.

Look at it this way, if your connection had worked during the time in question would you have been able to log in and play the game? If the answer is yes, which I know it was because half the playerbase didn't get disconnected, then CCP has fulfilled their obligations and you havent got a leg to stand on.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:17:46 - [85] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
QQ moar!

what you failed to realize is that, if CCP starts to give any kind of compensation because of this incident, the script kiddies who are doing this criminal act will be having even more reason to do this, yeah?

Just Add Water

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:29:58 - [86] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:

would you agree to have 4 free days game time but remove 4 days of training from your account to compensate? im sure if ccp had an severe issue from their end then you would be compensated, i mean they reimburse plenty of ships and pods due to technical issues.

EVEALON Creative - Logo Design & Branding | Digital Design

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:38:15 - [87] - Quote

Darek Castigatus wrote:
Because it's you're responsibility to ensure your connection works, not CCPs. As long as the servers remain open to outside connections then CCP is fulfilling its end of the agreement, connection issues involving things outside their network are none of their concern.

Look at it this way, if your connection had worked during the time in question would you have been able to log in and play the game? If the answer is yes, which I know it was because half the playerbase didn't get disconnected, then CCP has fulfilled their obligations and you havent got a leg to stand on.

My connection was working fine, it was just my connection to the EVE server that was being affected. So, you're telling me the objective of a "denial of service" is not denying service of the EVE cluster? Interesting, why is it it's called a denial of service, and not a clientside attack, or something else? Because it is denying SERVICE...by definition. Service is not my responsibility, access is, and my internet access to anything else was completely unaffected. Again, another argument that attempts to blame the customer.
Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:39:59 - [88] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Darek Castigatus wrote:

My connection was working fine, it was just my connection to the EVE server that was being affected. So, you're telling me the objective of a "denial of service" is not denying service of the EVE cluster? Interesting, why is it it's called a denial of service, and not a clientside attack, or something else? Because it is denying SERVICE...by definition. Service is not my responsibility, access is, and my internet access to anything else was completely unaffected. Again, another argument that attempts to blame the customer.

maybe its you causing the ddos to get much compensation and free stuffs?

EVEALON Creative - Logo Design & Branding | Digital Design

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:45:47 - [89] - Quote

Lan Wang wrote:
would you agree to have 4 free days game time but remove 4 days of training from your account to compensate? im sure if ccp had an severe issue from their end then you would be compensated, i mean they reimburse plenty of ships and pods due to technical issues.

maybe you should go on twitter and shout at lizard squad or whoever the fck done it and tell them you demand answers to this scam, im sure they like tears as much as the eve players

I'm more than happy to negotiate with CCP the terms of restitution. As you are not them, I will not agree to any terms you suggest. Actually no, CCP does not reimburse easily. For example your ship is blown up due to server side lag (happened to me plenty of times). The reimburse the hull, and all items that were destroyed when your ship blew up. Forget about getting the rest of your 13 trillion isk fit back that was dropped and someone else profited off when you died, because some people abuse the system, CCP policy is only reimburse stuff they know isn't being duplicated. So no, you do NOT get total value reimbursed, this value could be negligible or as I mentioned a massive amount, depending on what mods you had fitted.

And that's right isn't it, because valid complaints about policy, service, or contractual agreements, are just "tears".
It is a legitimate complaint that still wont be addressed by CCP Falcon, they just stick their fingers in their ears and go "lalalala" until people like you shout down valid argument or attempt logical fallacies like appeal to ridicule to stiffle dissent or argument you can't possibly agree with.
Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:50:52 - [90] - Quote

Lan Wang wrote:
maybe its you causing the ddos to get much compensation and free stuffs?

Yeah sure, I would risk federal prison for isk. Hacking and DDOS is a federal offence, that means federal prison, I am way too pretty for federal prison, so in the interest of protecting my own keyster, I would never engage in something so stupid.

The risk vs reward of such activity is not worth the payoff.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240417/1853
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.