Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Mass Disconnect - 16:35 12/04/2015

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 4 post(s)
Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
Interstellar Nuclear Penguins
DARKNESS.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.14 08:57:06 - [91] - Quote

Nat Silverguard wrote:
what you failed to realize is that, if CCP starts to give any kind of compensation because of this incident, the script kiddies who are doing this criminal act will be having even more reason to do this, yeah?

Not my problem, and I never said "QQ moar!" so please don't misquote me. I'm older than a 12yr old that talks like that rather than engage in adult discussion.

So if your money was stolen from a Bank, due to a criminal act, the bank doesn't just go "oops sorry you lost your stuff", they have insurance to cover legitimate claims on property. If CCP hasn't bothered with Liability Insurance, that is not my problem either. Would you be happy if the bank just said oops sorry, not our fault, we'll just restore some of what you lost?
Eve Solecist
Eve Solecist
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.14 08:58:33 - [92] - Quote

People like Ecklectrix are frightening.

They do not care about anything else but what they want.
At some point I am sure they would kill someone,
because they know no borders and believe they can behave however they want.

Thinking Ero is a sociopath while these people are allowed to run around is plain nuts.

Thread should be locked, because it's pure ranting,
out of date and infested by sick antisocial monsters.

Can't we petition to have such "human beings" permabanned?

This one is one of my better posts. You should see the others ....

"I've tried to give up making sexual innuendos. But it's hard, so hard." -RoAnnon

Ron Gilbert made me cry.

Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 08:59:25 - [93] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:

My connection was working fine, it was just my connection to the EVE server that was being affected. So, you're telling me the objective of a "denial of service" is not denying service of the EVE cluster? Interesting, why is it it's called a denial of service, and not a clientside attack, or something else? Because it is denying SERVICE...by definition. Service is not my responsibility, access is, and my internet access to anything else was completely unaffected. Again, another argument that attempts to blame the customer.

this is one of the d*mbest and most ignorant post i've ever seen here in this thread. have you even bothered checking out what DDoS means, why it's named like that and how it works?

you should actually be very thankful that the only thing being affected by this attack is your connection to EvE and not everything else because they're targeting somebody else and not you.

Just Add Water

Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:03:47 - [94] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
what you failed to realize is that, if CCP starts to give any kind of compensation because of this incident, the script kiddies who are doing this criminal act will be having even more reason to do this, yeah?

Not my problem, and I never said "QQ moar!" so please don't misquote me. I'm older than a 12yr old that talks like that rather than engage in adult discussion.

So if your money was stolen from a Bank, due to a criminal act, the bank doesn't just go "oops sorry you lost your stuff", they have insurance to cover legitimate claims on property. If CCP hasn't bothered with Liability Insurance, that is not my problem either. Would you be happy if the bank just said oops sorry, not our fault, we'll just restore some of what you lost?

my point still stands that if CCP starts to give anybody any compensation that this attack would be encouraged even more. Cool

Just Add Water

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:05:08 - [95] - Quote

Eve Solecist wrote:

Thinking Ero is a sociopath while these people are allowed to run around is plain nuts.

You do not know me, your judgement is poor, and I would warn against attempting to defame me on a public forum. Your suggestion is not only offensive, but libelous.

It has nothing to do actually with what I want. It has to do with what I am legally and contractually entitled to.
If you think people enforcing their legal rights is sociopathic, you should really work on that.

Eve Solecist
Eve Solecist
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:09:56 - [96] - Quote

Please sue me for talking to an anonymous internet characer.
Please.
Go ahead, big mouth.

You prove my point! I am talking to an anonymous internet characer and you are
so COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED and FULL OF YOURSELF you believe you can sue me for that!

Come at me, bro!
People like you should be locked up!

"I've tried to give up making sexual innuendos. But it's hard, so hard." -RoAnnon

Ron Gilbert made me cry.

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:10:24 - [97] - Quote

Nat Silverguard wrote:
this is one of the d*mbest and most ignorant post i've ever seen here in this thread. have you even bothered checking out what DDoS means, why it's named like that and how it works?

In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. A DoS attack generally consists of efforts to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet.

Sorry, who is the host connected to the internet, is that me, or CCP? Host...hrm...sounds like CCP.
Sorry, who are the intended users, is it me, or is it CCP? Sure sounds like that applies to me.

and no, compensating those affected by the attack can be done at no real monetary cost by CCP, as I suggested earlier the can easily provide in game content which costs them nothing. The hackers do not benefit, only the people unable to access their pre-paid for service will be restored. There will be no benefit, it restores both parties to the original terms.

Go read about "specific performance"
Eve Solecist
Eve Solecist
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:13:12 - [98] - Quote

Oh btw!

CCP is ENTITLED to ban you for NO REASON
and that's EXACTLY what they should do!

Goodbye, freak!

Ron Gilbert made me cry.

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:17:37 - [99] - Quote

Eve Solecist wrote:
Please sue me for talking to an anonymous internet characer.
Please.
Go ahead, big mouth.

You prove my point! I am talking to an anonymous internet characer and you are
so COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED and FULL OF YOURSELF you believe you can sue me for that!

Come at me, bro!
People like you should be locked up!

CCP ban this guy for breaching the EULA.
Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:21:19 - [100] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Eve Solecist wrote:

You do not know me, your judgement is poor, and I would warn against attempting to defame me on a public forum. Your suggestion is not only offensive, but libelous.

It has nothing to do actually with what I want. It has to do with what I am legally and contractually entitled to.
If you think people enforcing their legal rights is sociopathic, you should really work on that.

if you feel violated, you are also entitled as per contract to unsub, nobody will stop you. please do so as soon as possible as a sign of protest on how CCP have deliberately abused your rights. thank you.

Just Add Water

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:22:53 - [101] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:

In computing, a denial-of-service (DoS) or distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. A DoS attack generally consists of efforts to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet.

Sorry, who is the host connected to the internet, is that me, or CCP? Host...hrm...sounds like CCP.
Sorry, who are the intended users, is it me, or is it CCP? Sure sounds like that applies to me.

and no, compensating those affected by the attack can be done at no real monetary cost by CCP, as I suggested earlier the can easily provide in game content which costs them nothing. The hackers do not benefit, only the people unable to access their pre-paid for service will be restored. There will be no benefit, it restores both parties to the original terms.

Go read about "specific performance"

there is benefit for people who did not experience any disconnections, i personally was cut off for around 3 minutes (if that), not really compensatable is it? but you should get compensated and other should not? how does ccp determine who exactly was affected?

anyway only thing thats gonna happen here is thread locked for ranting

EVEALON Creative - Logo Design & Branding | Digital Design

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:25:10 - [102] - Quote

Nat Silverguard wrote:
if you feel violated, you are also entitled as per contract to unsub, nobody will stop you. please do so as soon as possible as a sign of protest on how CCP have deliberately abused your rights. thank you.

So, are you CCP Falcon, or a CCP representative at all?
Why do you think what you have to say is actually useful, in any way?

CCP Falcon, I am talking to you.
What do you intend to do for those that have legitimate complaint? You can feel free to contact me personally rather than on the forum, either way is fine with me, given there are so many inter-meddlers that may be the best option.

Garmyne Atavuli
Garmyne Atavuli
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:28:28 - [103] - Quote

*reaches for the popcorn*
Vicky Somers
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:32:13 - [104] - Quote

Calm down people. DDoS is just part of the meta.

Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity.

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:33:22 - [105] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:

What do you intend to do for those that have legitimate complaint? You can feel free to contact me personally rather than on the forum, either way is fine with me, given there are so many inter-meddlers that may be the best option.

why are you ranting on the "public" forum if you dont want other peoples opinion, why not file a petition instead moaning at people with "So, are you CCP Falcon, or a CCP representative at all?"

Hector Skunk
Hector Skunk
Highsecberg.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:33:29 - [106] - Quote

May I? The best course of action is to ignore such individuals because that's what ticks them off the most. When no one shows interest for their silly demands they will explode inside and that's what you should be aiming for.

I am Hector Skunk. - "Tisiphone Dira > I feel bullied."

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:39:45 - [107] - Quote

Yep, somehow I am the bad guy for simply asking for what I paid for. I should explode on the inside. Mmm hmm. The EVE player base is so immature. All you flame trolls need to ask yourself why you are directing your anger at me for simply asking for restitution. RESTITUTION not benefit. Been a player for many years, paid loads of dollars towards this game, all I ask is to get the value I pay for, it's not an unreasonable request, and the only reason it was brought up was because one of the flame trolls suggested people shouldn't feel entitled. I pay for it, that legally entitles me. Get over it.
Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:39:58 - [108] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:

no i am not from CCP or related to anyone from CCP, what i said is my suggestion to you and to remind you that unsubbing is indeed one of your rights in case you missed that one out.

we are all affected by these attacks, and i can only imagine that CCP is affected the most since after all this is their livelihood/source of income but not everbody is narrow minded like you. so we know what to feel and how to act, even if our right as customers are being violated, mmmmkay?

Just Add Water

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:40:58 - [109] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Yep, somehow I am the bad guy for simply asking for what I paid for. I should explode on the inside. Mmm hmm. The EVE player base is so immature. All you flame trolls need to ask yourself why you are directing your anger at me for simply asking for restitution. RESTITUTION not benefit. Been a player for many years, paid loads of dollars towards this game, all I ask is to get the value I pay for, it's not an unreasonable request, and the only reason it was brought up was because one of the flame trolls suggested people shouldn't feel entitled. I pay for it, that legally entitles me. Get over it.

the only anger seems to be coming from you, you sound so mad im scared to go near your tears

Garmyne Atavuli
Garmyne Atavuli
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:41:59 - [110] - Quote

Hector Skunk wrote:
May I? The best course of action is to ignore such individuals because that's what ticks them off the most. When no one shows interest for their silly demands they will explode inside and that's what you should be aiming for.

Aww., dont spoil it.
Your just like my missus, i'm sat there watching a good film and she just sits down and turns the t.v channel over.
Now I've got to look at ponys and rainbows. Straight
Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:46:24 - [111] - Quote

Lan Wang wrote:
Ecklectrix wrote:

the only anger seems to be coming from you, you sound so mad im scared to go near your tears

You sound mad that you percieve that I'm mad. I don't get mad, I get restitution.
Hector Skunk
Hector Skunk
Highsecberg.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:52:19 - [112] - Quote

The other way around I advise the person who believes to deserve compensation to stop throwing a fit on a plattform which is completely useless for you and instead use the support system to "demand" compensation. Further I advise seeking legal council in case your demands will not be met. So far you are all bark but no spark. Put your money where your mouth is and stop behaving like a child.

Hector Skunk
Hector Skunk
Highsecberg.

Posted - 2015.04.14 09:53:13 - [113] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Ecklectrix wrote:

You sound mad that you percieve that I'm mad. I don't get mad, I get restitution.

You will get nothing. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2015.04.14 10:11:17 - [114] - Quote

I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counter productive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal

Vice Admiral

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Nat Silverguard
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics

Posted - 2015.04.14 10:33:32 - [115] - Quote

ISD Ezwal wrote:
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.

The Rules:

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counter productive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

petition to close this thread please. thank you.

Just Add Water

Lan Wang
Lan Wang
Stillwater Corporation
That Escalated Quickly.

Posted - 2015.04.14 10:35:22 - [116] - Quote

Nat Silverguard wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:

The Rules:

petition to close this thread please. thank you.

+1

Eve Solecist
Eve Solecist
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.04.14 11:12:25 - [117] - Quote

You have to request it politely via the flag ...
... and should provide reason for the ISD to grant your request.

You have my Like and coming deserved ban as well.
I had enough of this anyway.

People say CODE publicly chestbeats about DDoSing the servers,
there's someone who deliberately does not respond when i ask about it
and then there is this crap that smells so much like metagaming it stinks to the roof.

It's completely nuts.
Nuts!

I'm outta here.

Enjoy the silence, ISD Ezwal. :)

Ron Gilbert made me cry.

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 11:20:13 - [118] - Quote

Darek Castigatus wrote:
Look at it this way, if your connection had worked during the time in question would you have been able to log in and play the game? If the answer is yes, which I know it was because half the playerbase didn't get disconnected, then CCP has fulfilled their obligations and you havent got a leg to stand on.

My connection did work.
I had internet connection to other games, email, banking, everything except eve.
Eve connects via the eve download content client - my connection was being refused by the client - programmed by CCP, connecting to CCP servers, this is their issue not mine.

Large groups of areas were disconnected, it certainly wasn't isolated to my connection.
Whether this is a routing issue then this just means CCP needs to put in place alternate routes in cases of DDOS.

Anyhow, the why and where are irrelevant, they are distractions - all that is important is the sollution
Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.14 11:58:39 - [119] - Quote

Ecklectrix wrote:
blah
You are wrong.
Move on to the next storm in a tea cup, please.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

High Sec needs a stepping stone to other areas of space, where they can grow

Fozzie is treating a symptom.

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.14 12:13:48 - [120] - Quote

Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
You are wrong.
Move on to the next storm in a tea cup, please.

That sounds like your opinion, and I choose not to accept it. Subjective.

I resent your "storm in a tea cup" comment, as it suggests my money and consumer rights are unimportant. Again, subjective.
It isnt the first time that CCP ignores it's obligations contractually to the consumers.

If CCP "whoever" wishes to actually provide information to people why they consider they should not provide compensation and justify that with evidence and facts about where exactly the problem occurred and who should be held responsible that would be nice, but it seems paying customers do not merit an explanation from the gods.

Again, showing CCP has a non-communication policy with the player base (yes that's right, players pay money up-front to play).

If I just had some details from CCP I could make informed decisions about exactly who is at fault.

Unfortunately, you all seem to think that you can speak for CCP, you can't, you are speculating as to who, how, why and where as much as anyone else is because you lack the information.

CCP needs advise on their intentions regarding compensation of lost time and or items caused by the loss of connection to paying customers.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,09s, ref 20240419/1726
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.