Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 13:30:07 - [1] - Quote

And there was me hoping this would be something that i would make use of, i guess i shall consign it to the same pile as Dust and Valkyrie then

Shame really, the idea of legion was pretty cool but i guess this pretty much officially kills it, personally i think VR is about as useful as 3D, something else i dont use, and i'm not investing in new hardware for something i will literally play once then forget about

You guys should try giving us stuff to compliment EVE instead of something used to sell hardware :P
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 15:05:20 - [2] - Quote

thorgil wrote:

Well maybe you should try VR in a correct environment. Because stupid 3D is nothing compared to this. Trust me, i've played elite for hundred of hours with my ****** DK2 and i've never enjoyed a video game like this since my 10 yo, and i will never go back playing a space sim on a 2D screen. No way.

Nah, not spending money on something that will be less efficient for the games i play, sure VR can be immersive, so yeah for that you might have a case, but for practicality and efficiency on multiple titles aswell as ease of access, hell no not even remotely worth it

I have no issues being immersed in a game purely through normal means, if i have to rely on a 3rd party peripheral to experience the game properly its not getting a look in, i dont own a VR headset and i can safely say i never will
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 15:22:24 - [3] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:
I have no issues being immersed in a game purely through normal means, if i have to rely on a 3rd party peripheral to experience the game properly its not getting a look in, i dont own a VR headset and i can safely say i never will

You do realize that you already rely on 3rd party peripheral for a lot of games? Hell, a Gamepad is a 3rd party peripheral.

You have all right not to be interested in these tech, and i understand you. The only thing i'm saying is, that they're amazing for some kind of games, and i don't see why i shouldn't enjoy it if the experience is great and meaningfull. And it is, even if it relies on a peripheral.

Btw, i'm much much more efficient on Elite with a VR helmet than without. I can't track a thing without it now. Of course it's not true for every game, but it's just the same thing as buying a joystick or a wheel. It won't help you on most game, but still improve a lot your experience on others.

Who uses a gamepad for things other than racers and sports sims?

Console players dont count because 99.9% of the time they literally have zero choice in the matter
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 16:24:56 - [4] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:
CCP seems to be jumping on the "popular" bandwagons

That's not a bad thing for them, knowing that 80% of the VR content is indy made these days, it's a good bet to try to be one of the first AAA title on a plateform release !

But hey, i'm still sad about Dust and still waiting for Eve:Webwars so i get your feelings ;)

Oh **** son, i thought i was like the only person who even remembered webwars was a thing, i was at the fanfest where they announced it lol

That would have been a cool time waster :P
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.03 17:44:57 - [5] - Quote

Chamile Eonic wrote:
Falcon,

Will this work with a Google Cardboard or have you tied it to Samsung only?

Well that depends on their deal i guess, the Gear has touch controls built in to it that the cardboard doesn't so it might require the Gear headset, so far i only see 2 versions, one for the note 4 and one for the S6, but either way i'm still passing on this even though i own an S6
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.04 08:36:33 - [6] - Quote

Amarisen Gream wrote:
This just totally caught me off guard.
I find it to be really cool that you all are branching outing some smaller EVE offerings...

But a few questions that I have that haven't been answered..

1: 64 bit EVE... Speaking with a few people, it seems EVE is only 32 bit.

2: I'm a Mac user. What is going on with CIDER and its buy out...

3: . . . Wheres my hug!...

love you all... and hope you'll rested up form vacation... b/c i'm drooling to know what happens (for what little you tell us) on the 25th.

1: its not needed, the server already runs x64 code the client doesn't actually do anything that would benefit from the hassle of maintaining both an x64 and x86 branch and the extra QA overhead that generates, its the same reason most games dont actually bother with x64 either

2: well, you're a mac user, you have other options, like bootcamp :P

3: head on over to JB-007 its where the hug warehouse is located you're free to help yourself
Cypherous
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty

Posted - 2015.08.04 08:44:29 - [7] - Quote

Crasniya wrote:
I
I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

Android isn't really any more of a privacy issue than iOS and Win10 mobile these days so thats just some android hate right there, i'll give you partial points for the samsung rant, i owned the S3 and it was a glorious device, i got an S6 and i'm less happy with that, there were some initial teething issues that could only be resolved by rooting the device and ever since day 1 i've had "lag" on the device using the pin based lock screen so while the phone is gorgeous and performs great for the most part, there are some issues which is why you get partial points for the samsung hate :P

It all depends on if they made a deal with samsung or not, if sumsung provided stuff it could be a gear exclusive at which point you'll either have to miss out on this or hope someone creates a workaround, i own an S6, i wont be going near this game

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240423/1131
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.