Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.04 12:37:35 - [61] - Quote

Cypherous wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
I
I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

Android isn't really any more of a privacy issue than iOS and Win10 mobile these days so thats just some android hate right there, i'll give you partial points for the samsung rant, i owned the S3 and it was a glorious device, i got an S6 and i'm less happy with that, there were some initial teething issues that could only be resolved by rooting the device and ever since day 1 i've had "lag" on the device using the pin based lock screen so while the phone is gorgeous and performs great for the most part, there are some issues which is why you get partial points for the samsung hate :P

It's really not. When a vulnerability for iOS or Windows is released, it can be patched by Apple or Microsoft inside a week. Most of the major vulnerabilities over the last year will never be patched on Android for most customers. Like 70% of all Android owners never got patches released for Heartbleed. The Android security lead only believes he's responsible for patching devices for 18 months, while Microsoft still patches Windows Vista.

Anyways, back on topic, but yeah. No. Definitely less secure than iOS and Win10 mobile.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - [email protected]

Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.04 12:40:02 - [62] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

Again, this is super small. Not the sort of development scale of any of their other titles.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - [email protected]

D'Kmal
D'Kmal
Variables Unlimited
Chained Reactions

Posted - 2015.08.04 12:44:54 - [63] - Quote

You know how Dust 514 was limited to one platform, the PS3, and that was a really bad idea?

I really hope Gunjack won't be limited to just one platform, the Samsung Gear VR, as that's a really bad idea.

Other than that, looks absolutely incredible, can't wait. Might head along to the next EVE_NT and try it out if I can make it.
Anthar Thebess
Anthar Thebess

Posted - 2015.08.04 12:50:56 - [64] - Quote

It was stated that this game will be very portable.

Capital Remote AID Rebalance Way to solve important nullsec issue. CSM members do your work.

Rei Lithium
Rei Lithium
Undead Dragons
Dragon Knights Inc

Posted - 2015.08.04 13:49:32 - [65] - Quote

If this gets ported to the Rift, then I can see myself using it. As a purely mobile thing.. not interested. Unless I can somehow run it on a normal android. then I might try it.

Is this an indication that there will be guns on the new Mining Rigs and other new structures other then Citadels? I could see if this became popular, players being able to boot a game like this up to operate structure defenses if they wanted to.
Mina Sebiestar
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate

Posted - 2015.08.04 14:24:02 - [66] - Quote

Shoot duck's with a gun on relic computer once got whooping 10 min out of it,but with a VR il spend countess hours totally immersed.
Tiberius Heth
Tiberius Heth
Say No to Features

Posted - 2015.08.04 14:31:29 - [67] - Quote

At first I thought it was some ****** indie game with stolen artwork. Generally not a good sign.
Kuronaga
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Negative-Feedback

Posted - 2015.08.04 14:58:58 - [68] - Quote

Tiberius Heth wrote:
At first I thought it was some ****** indie game with stolen artwork. Generally not a good sign.

Generally not, no.

I remember when CCP used to sue people for putting out crap like this.

If Shanghai wanted to make a practical buck they should've just released the sidescroller instead. That would've had broader appeal on a variety of devices without needing to tron yourself up in expensive gear that nobody will ever purchase.

But this game? It's going to flop harder than Free Willy's final jump on the directors cut.
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:07:34 - [69] - Quote

Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

I know, i said that in my second line. This still is nto evidence that lkegion is dead, i have zero idea what ccp is doing, and cancling a trademark doenst mean anything, if you take into accunt the rouge wedding prolly killed any momentum ccp had to make legion. Remember, when they announced valk the fan base wnated it so much they just made it. they registered legion just in case, but the responce was the opposit, so why keep it? When it can just become EVE Dust514 on pc. But who knows.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:08:34 - [70] - Quote

Tavin Aikisen wrote:
Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

Actually there is plenty to say nothing is happening. CCP no longer hold the trademark for "EVE Legion".

Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/eve-legion-86233018.html

As i just said, this doenslt prove much of anything. Just a name change

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:12:57 - [71] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
I find this announcement particularly interesting.
CCP cannot even manage to maintain EVE properly (going to vacation after the most profound game change in years? Really?) and have failed to maintain and advance DUST properly. Even these 2 projects (ignoring WOD as it's already dead) were too much for CCP to handle. Now they want to turn DUST into Legion and make that go totally awesome for sure, and attempt to develop Valkyrie. These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

its a simple game, did not take much resources form it seem seems like. My guess is its using some scrapped valk code. If it was cheap to make, and a few devs did it as a side project then who cares. If it makes money, then it means more money for ccp, and thats a GOOD thing. CCP needs more games or they go under if eve goes under.

Thead Enco
Thead Enco
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:54:12 - [72] - Quote

DaReaper wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
I find this announcement particularly interesting.
CCP cannot even manage to maintain EVE properly (going to vacation after the most profound game change in years? Really?) and have failed to maintain and advance DUST properly. Even these 2 projects (ignoring WOD as it's already dead) were too much for CCP to handle. Now they want to turn DUST into Legion and make that go totally awesome for sure, and attempt to develop Valkyrie. These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

its a simple game, did not take much resources form it seem seems like. My guess is its using some scrapped valk code. If it was cheap to make, and a few devs did it as a side project then who cares. If it makes money, then it means more money for ccp, and thats a GOOD thing. CCP needs to release more unfinished games or they go under if eve goes under.

Fixed

A Lannister always pays his debts

Tyrion Lannister

d0cTeR9
d0cTeR9
Astro Technologies
SpaceMonkey's Alliance

Posted - 2015.08.05 03:34:55 - [73] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
why would this effect that? this was made by the dust team, not eve team

Because HUURRR DDURRR DUDUD DRRRR HRRRHHHHHHURRRR, apparently. Blink

/Thread

Everyone back to hot dropping supers on TQ.

Been around since the beginning.

Webvan
Webvan
All Kill No Skill

Posted - 2015.08.05 04:22:26 - [74] - Quote

Anthar Thebess wrote:
It was stated that this game will be very portable.

So was dust.

Had been waiting for news since dust was announced and the 1yr contract with sony was understood. After the year and a few months Legion (dust port) was finally announced, and got some PR release for a time. It's been a year now, the TM dropped and thought maybe renamed with this new TM. Not the case, so still just wondering.... Not even upset if they dropped it, just want to know. If it's dropped, would seem irritating not to bother to let people know, more the issue.

As for Gunjack, just got a new Samsung Galaxy last month, like it lots, but it's not that model. Out of lucks again Sad

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Kuronaga
Kuronaga
Fatal Absolution
Negative-Feedback

Posted - 2015.08.05 07:41:39 - [75] - Quote

DaReaper wrote:
Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:

I know, i said that in my second line. This still is nto evidence that lkegion is dead, i have zero idea what ccp is doing, and cancling a trademark doenst mean anything, if you take into accunt the rouge wedding prolly killed any momentum ccp had to make legion. Remember, when they announced valk the fan base wnated it so much they just made it. they registered legion just in case, but the responce was the opposit, so why keep it? When it can just become EVE Dust514 on pc. But who knows.

Very few people actually want Dust on PC. Most (not necessarily on this forum specifically) want PS4.

In addition to all the technical hurdles of dealing with the hackers (or not dealing, as is the CCP way) it would also cut off the core audience who is primarily responsible for the games survival thus far. For PC, there is no guarantee it would replicate even that much of a following. PC is the land of varied FPS, but on PC it is a fact that most FPS die faster than its console counterparts.

It's a risky move with a lot of negatives and a few minor gains, mostly being power and presentation.
Arkady Vachon
Arkady Vachon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.05 10:14:16 - [76] - Quote

This is like a blast back to my coin-op arcade junkie past, with Unreal 4 graphics and VR tech...

I love the idea.

:D

Are you somehow able to update it with new enemy and boss types (Sansha, Drifters, Rogue Drones) or will those be in at launch?

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

Arkady Vachon
Arkady Vachon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.08.05 10:18:03 - [77] - Quote

Lykouleon wrote:
My morning commute just got equally more entertaining and potentially embarrassing.

Maybe CCP should put a warning on the game box/manual.

Do Not GUNJACK AND DRIVE.

;)

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.05 15:44:52 - [78] - Quote

Kuronaga wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:

Very few people actually want Dust on PC. Most (not necessarily on this forum specifically) want PS4.

In addition to all the technical hurdles of dealing with the hackers (or not dealing, as is the CCP way) it would also cut off the core audience who is primarily responsible for the games survival thus far. For PC, there is no guarantee it would replicate even that much of a following. PC is the land of varied FPS, but on PC it is a fact that most FPS die faster than its console counterparts.

It's a risky move with a lot of negatives and a few minor gains, mostly being power and presentation.

Except there core audience is actually on the pc. But you ment as in the current dust player base. So im splitting hairs. I just believe in the 2014 vision, all eve game son pc. But i realize that a simple and easy to make game, that could net some profit may come and not be on pc. But we will see.

Nicolai Serkanner
Nicolai Serkanner
Jebediah Kerman's Junkyard and Spaceship Parts Co.
Brave Collective

Posted - 2015.08.05 18:15:01 - [79] - Quote

Not my type of game, but it looks great.
Jevatoxa
Jevatoxa
Amandla Legion

Posted - 2015.08.05 20:21:47 - [80] - Quote

Webvan wrote:
Then if this isn't the new name for Legion, what happened to Legion? Sad
You know, the PC game? Straight

To be fair, I hear CCP have performed a miracle with DUST and 1) turned it profitable and 2) made it worth playing.

I can't verify the latter until I try it myself, but I've added a PS3 to my wedding anniversary wishlist (2nd week of September).

I would love it if they did port it to PC of course, as the PS3 isn't going to last forever. The original plan was, I believe, to transfer the DUST toons to Legion. More info on this required please CCP or else I might end up with a lawnmower for my anniversaryTwisted
Ranger 1
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.

Posted - 2015.08.06 00:31:40 - [81] - Quote

Jevatoxa wrote:
Webvan wrote:
Then if this isn't the new name for Legion, what happened to Legion? Sad
You know, the PC game? Straight

To be fair, I hear CCP have performed a miracle with DUST and 1) turned it profitable and 2) made it worth playing.

I can't verify the latter until I try it myself, but I've added a PS3 to my wedding anniversary wishlist (2nd week of September).

I would love it if they did port it to PC of course, as the PS3 isn't going to last forever. The original plan was, I believe, to transfer the DUST toons to Legion. More info on this required please CCP or else I might end up with a lawnmower for my anniversaryTwisted

This is correct, despite all of the nay saying and misinformation Dust is alive and doing rather well.

I'm not sure why people would be surprised about them giving up the Legion name... they said up front that Legion was merely the in house "code name" for the project. It was never intended to be the final release name of the game.

That's not to say they haven't decided to let DUST continue as is, now that it has it's second wind, but the Legion trademark issue is literally meaningless.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.

Posted - 2015.08.06 00:33:03 - [82] - Quote

d0cTeR9 wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
why would this effect that? this was made by the dust team, not eve team

Because HUURRR DDURRR DUDUD DRRRR HRRRHHHHHHURRRR, apparently. Blink

/Thread

Everyone back to hot dropping supers on TQ.

I KNOW RIGHT?!?
I had to go log into the forum specifically to give that post a thumbs up. Big smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Ranger 1
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.

Posted - 2015.08.06 00:35:26 - [83] - Quote

Masaaq wrote:
Looks all right. Much Pew. Abaddon was pronounced incorrectly though tehe.

SO glad you posted that link before this had a chance to become a "thing".

Dersen Lowery
Dersen Lowery
Scanners Live in Vain

Posted - 2015.08.06 02:50:51 - [84] - Quote

So much rage in this thread.

DUST is actually doing well. It is portable--it's built on UNREAL--but there's not a lick of good in porting it before they have the shipping version where they want it. They already made that mistake, remember?

CCP is not going to hype, or even worry about, integration with the EVE Universe until the game is solid. They made that mistake too, with DUST. Remember?

This looks like a good little game. I don't have an Android, so I'm not in the target market, but it looks polished and fun in small doses, which looks about right for a phone game.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Poseidaon

Posted - 2015.08.06 08:47:29 - [85] - Quote

I prefer original
http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/53000/53456/space-invaders-13.jpg
Cool

( -á° -ƒ-û -í°)

Rivr Luzade
Rivr Luzade
Exclusion Cartel
The Kadeshi

Posted - 2015.08.06 11:09:25 - [86] - Quote

DaReaper wrote:
its a simple game, did not take much resources form it seem seems like. My guess is its using some scrapped valk code. If it was cheap to make, and a few devs did it as a side project then who cares. If it makes money, then it means more money for ccp, and thats a GOOD thing. CCP needs more games or they go under if eve goes under.

It absolutely does not matter whether it is a small game with little effort or time involved. CCP cannot handle several projects. And this fact does not change if 2 large projects, which have outgrown their capabilities, are replaced by loads of small projects, which require even more granular expertise and attention. It's going to be fun for me to see them ruin it again. Twisted

I also wholeheartedly agree with Thead Enco' correction of your post.

Station Tab :: UI Improvement Collective

Dersen Lowery
Dersen Lowery
Scanners Live in Vain

Posted - 2015.08.06 17:38:49 - [87] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
It absolutely does not matter whether it is a small game with little effort or time involved. CCP cannot handle several projects.

If you're right, they'll need to learn how--the hard way, if necessary--because being a publisher of one game with no presence on any of the long-since-established portable platforms--never mind the current generation of consoles--is neither safe nor sustainable. One way or another, the pony has to learn more tricks.

I have more hope for these games than I did for the other ones just because they have small development teams, known and limited scopes, and a minimal amount of hype. After this and Valkyrie ship, CCP will be a frontline developer on two VR platforms, and they'll have a team with expertise developing on Android. Done right, they'll be able to reach people that EVE has never been able to reach, and get them familiar and comfortable with aspects of EVE's universe (Abaddon = imminent sunburn from a broadside).

There are still plenty of ways that this could go wrong. There always are. But they have to try.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Ranger 1
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.

Posted - 2015.08.06 21:50:05 - [88] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

It absolutely does not matter whether it is a small game with little effort or time involved. CCP cannot handle several projects. And this fact does not change if 2 large projects, which have outgrown their capabilities, are replaced by loads of small projects, which require even more granular expertise and attention. It's going to be fun for me to see them ruin it again. Twisted

I also wholeheartedly agree with Thead Enco' correction of your post.

The rest of your highly amusing post aside, you've overlooked one critical point.

It's already done. Blink

Crimson Draufgange
Crimson Draufgange
Extreme Overkill Inc.
Mordus Angels

Posted - 2015.08.07 04:28:09 - [89] - Quote

Hey CCP,

When will you be making a FAQ for Gunjack?

Subtle rhyme intended.
Webvan
Webvan
All Kill No Skill

Posted - 2015.08.07 07:23:47 - [90] - Quote

Ranger 1 wrote:
I'm not sure why people would be surprised about them giving up the Legion name... they said up front that Legion was merely the in house "code name" for the project. It was never intended to be the final release name of the game.
Well it's not just that, I think we've totally lost any clue where CCP is going with all this. The bond from 2012 paid back, by a new investor? ..calling the shots? Everything seems to have gone hidden (financial reports etc). Developing into platforms hardly anyone uses. If Gunjack is a Shanghai project as Legion was being developed, then likely Legion is scrapped for a year now, unless they say otherwise. But no word in a year one way or the other, sooo... seems really odd, ya know? Trying not to draw conclusions, but it is all rather hidden away now. Have seen other developers do that with bad results, dunno.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240424/2326
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.