Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Skill Training Issues After Downtime on November 12, 2015

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 13 post(s)
Rylande Talvanen
Rylande Talvanen
Rabble Inc.
Rabble Alliance

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.17 11:52:29 - [151] - Quote

Autumn Equinox wrote:
Would have been nice for that announcement to be put into this thread by a Dev, or the article to be in the launcher news.

Anyway - thank you Rylande for updating us.

@ CCP - please can you update any future announcements on this subject to this thread as well. As you put in the previous announcement, we could look / discuss in this thread.

Check post #133, a dev has stated that the reimbursement would be pushed back :)
Scipio Artelius
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.11.17 11:57:16 - [152] - Quote

test bumm wrote:
Heads should roll however it probably won't go high enough!!

In the absence of rolling heads, are rolling eyes ok?

Roll <--- like this

Come Win At Eve - Join The Vendunari

test bumm
test bumm
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.17 12:01:12 - [153] - Quote

Quote:
Check post #133, a dev has stated that the reimbursement would be pushed back :)

Another GM alt spotted

who reads these posts besides GM's unless they have to and everyone knows how easy it is to trawl through - right- ?

Besides, I put a support ticket in straight after it happened and the written response was "this will be done automatically during downtime within the next few days".

Perhaps they should have said months or whenever we get people free from making new skins.

Whatever.
Soolarize
Soolarize
The Icarian Oath Utopian Society
United Corporation Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.17 12:03:32 - [154] - Quote

test bumm wrote:
Quote:

Another GM alt spotted

who reads these posts besides GM's unless they have to and everyone knows how easy it is to trawl through - right- ?

Besides, I put a support ticket in straight after it happened and the written response was "this will be done automatically during downtime within the next few days".

Perhaps they should have said months or whenever we get people free from making new skins.

Whatever.

Totally agree with you, I had the same "will come back at next patch" then "we're aiming at next downtime" and now it's "we're HOPING to do something by the end of the week"

If they don't know what's happening, they can say so. There's no shame in being stuck with an issue, but saying otherwise and promising things they can't deliver is just plain boring.

CEO @ The Icarian Oath Utopian Society [I.OUS]

Site Officiel

Armadar
Armadar
Tenichigo Kaigun

Posted - 2015.11.17 12:15:14 - [155] - Quote

no SP allocated after downtime. Thanks for nothing CCP, really, in one week you managed to:

slow work as the Hungarian authorities

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bogelcat
Bogelcat
Convicts and Savages
Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2015.11.17 13:31:22 - [156] - Quote

same, no sp. hope its sorted soon
Persifonne
Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.17 13:42:21 - [157] - Quote

Soolarize wrote:
test bumm wrote:
Quote:

Another GM alt spotted

Whatever.

Totally agree with you, I had the same "will come back at next patch" then "we're aiming at next downtime" and now it's "we're HOPING to do something by the end of the week"

If they don't know what's happening, they can say so. There's no shame in being stuck with an issue, but saying otherwise and promising things they can't deliver is just plain boring.

This is true for most of the world. But an interesting fact and study that came out during the Walking in Stations debacle from the open glass door reviews and the ex dev interviews was that Icelanders have a different culture.
I mean they were vikings. Its in their culture, the HATE TO ADMiT WRONG.
Its fact. Not being rasicst here, just stating societal studies and cultural facts.
It is seen by some Icelanders that admitting failure is a punishment and shame worse than death.
Thats just how they are culturally and while this is a good thing sometimes, when they are wrong god its like a brock wall
Basher Orlenard
Basher Orlenard
Starcall Intergalactic
Wicked Nations

Posted - 2015.11.17 13:48:11 - [158] - Quote

I got 5 of the hours I lost back. still waiting on the other 18. Ridiculous that I'm spending more time waiting on half a level 4 skill when i could be almost finished with the level 5 training by now if I had just restarted it.
Soolarize
Soolarize
The Icarian Oath Utopian Society
United Corporation Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.17 14:25:06 - [159] - Quote

Persifonne wrote:
Soolarize wrote:
test bumm wrote:
Quote:

Another GM alt spotted

Whatever.

This is true for most of the world. But an interesting fact and study that came out during the Walking in Stations debacle from the open glass door reviews and the ex dev interviews was that Icelanders have a different culture.
I mean they were vikings. Its in their culture, the HATE TO ADMiT WRONG.
Its fact. Not being rasicst here, just stating societal studies and cultural facts.
It is seen by some Icelanders that admitting failure is a punishment and shame worse than death.
Thats just how they are culturally and while this is a good thing sometimes, when they are wrong god its like a brock wall

I'm gonna be a cold-hearted ****** here but with all due respect, you can be from Iceland, Muricah or god damn Mars if you want, I don't care, it's business here. I pay for a service, the service is meant to come with certain features, one of these goes snafu, the provider over promises and seem to have not a clue of what's wrong, and the bare customer service communications we are right to have is atrocious, so yeah I'm pissed and yeah what they're doing here is ridiculous. Now I wish them all the best to fix everything as soon as possible, we're still in love with EVE after all!

CEO @ The Icarian Oath Utopian Society [I.OUS]

Site Officiel

Red Noggin
Red Noggin
Dark-Rising
Decayed Orbit

Posted - 2015.11.17 21:26:40 - [160] - Quote

Please Please Please do not let this go on to the weekend again!!!

I've lost 23 days training and my training plan has not gone to pot, and wont be able to catch back.....

Moan over just get it fixed right ASAP
Will Howard
Will Howard
Dark Skies Dojo

Posted - 2015.11.17 22:16:55 - [161] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

With that in mind, we're still testing the reimbursement script for this, so the missing skillpoints won't be returned tomorrow, but we're hoping to have the reimbursement cleared up by the end of the week.

Which is code for early next October?
Jadon Wallace
Jadon Wallace
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.11.18 03:36:10 - [162] - Quote

Would be nice if this was sorted soon and backtracked to account for all factors, I also lost out to this. Waiting keenly for weeks end.
Niko Zino
Niko Zino
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.18 11:12:12 - [163] - Quote

Everywhere, everywhen, in every chat and corp, the mantra "eve is a game about patience. Plod on, hone your knowledge and you'll get better at it". Then you go to the forums to witness the very lack of what the very same people probably tell their newcomers... :eyeroll:

I have lost quite a few days of training as well, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't plan *just* for the next couple of weeks, and will therefore be able to reinvest the SPs if not in the skill I am currently training, then the next in my queue, the net loss being zilch.

Grow up, be as nice as you can within the constraints of the situation, and maybe - just maybe - the devs will stop treating you guys as a bunch of whiny kids and make "quality of life" a higher priority.

Imagine - just imagine - if they get the reimbursement script wrong and your corpmate who hasn't lost a single SP is granted a couple millions of them. How much will you scream *then*?

Now, if the SPs I have lost in this affair are indeed not given back, I will (as nicely as possible) say so. No one's asking you to be a teletubby. Just not that kid in the back of the car you really REALLY want to smack along the earhole, or failing that heavily sedate.

CAS, the NPC Corp that Does StuffGäó

Anize Oramara
Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers

Posted - 2015.11.18 11:30:55 - [164] - Quote

Niko Zino wrote:
Everywhere, everywhen, in every chat and corp, the mantra "eve is a game about patience. Plod on, hone your knowledge and you'll get better at it". Then you go to the forums to witness the very lack of what the very same people probably tell their newcomers... :eyeroll:

I have lost quite a few days of training as well, but in the grand scheme of things, I don't plan *just* for the next couple of weeks, and will therefore be able to reinvest the SPs if not in the skill I am currently training, then the next in my queue, the net loss being zilch.

Grow up, be as nice as you can within the constraints of the situation, and maybe - just maybe - the devs will stop treating you guys as a bunch of whiny kids and make "quality of life" a higher priority.

Imagine - just imagine - if they get the reimbursement script wrong and your corpmate who hasn't lost a single SP is granted a couple millions of them. How much will you scream *then*?

Now, if the SPs I have lost in this affair are indeed not given back, I will (as nicely as possible) say so. No one's asking you to be a teletubby. Just not that kid in the back of the car you really REALLY want to smack along the earhole, or failing that heavily sedate.

I often plan my skill training so that certain skills finish on/just before the weekend as that is when I'll be able to test out or play a lot. It does kinda suck when that's messed up for weeks on end.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier

Niko Zino
Niko Zino
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.18 11:33:11 - [165] - Quote

So? it offsets your meticulously prepared Plan by two weeks, if not one. The SPs you will be granted will *accelerate* the next leg of it and you will be back on track.

CAS, the NPC Corp that Does StuffGäó

Anize Oramara
Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers

Posted - 2015.11.18 11:35:30 - [166] - Quote

Niko Zino wrote:
So? it offsets your meticulously prepared Plan by two weeks, if not one. The SPs you will be granted will *accelerate* the next leg of it and you will be back on track.

Relax, I didn't say I'm quitting over it, just that it sucks. Some people are a little too worked up over it but have some empathy geez.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier

Persifonne
Persifonne
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.11.18 12:37:16 - [167] - Quote

Niko Zino wrote:

Shut up and don't you dare tell me what to do or how to act. My mom trys that and I tell her to shut it too yo
CiCiP Sux2
CiCiP Sux2
Rapid Withdrawal

Posted - 2015.11.18 12:58:34 - [168] - Quote

Forgiver me for not trolling through 166 posts to find the one that says that the SP re-imbursement has been pushed back - cause I still don't have it! Is a pretty good indicator, don't you think?
But for the record this is in the same magnitude as the Volkwagen pollution emission cover up, both are directly related to programmers with no integrity, cause if you make a commitment to delivering something THAN MAKE SURE YOU HONOR THAT TO THE "PAYING" CUSTOMER.......
Have a nice day.
:)
Avvy
Avvy
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.11.18 13:18:58 - [169] - Quote

CiCiP Sux2 wrote:
Forgiver me for not trolling through 166 posts to find the one that says that the SP re-imbursement has been pushed back - cause I still don't have it! Is a pretty good indicator, don't you think?
But for the record this is in the same magnitude as the Volkwagen pollution emission cover up, both are directly related to programmers with no integrity, cause if you make a commitment to delivering something THAN MAKE SURE YOU HONOR THAT TO THE "PAYING" CUSTOMER.......
Have a nice day.
:)

Using a character's name to have a dig at the company, you should expect a character name change.

With programming you can't really guarantee a date of release, which is why new games get pushed back and even when they're released they still have issues. But those issues are seen as something they can deal with after the release.

Now I'm not sure 100% about this but I think this game has more than one code in it, which can make changing things more awkward as well as having potentially more side effects when something is changed.

The last time they reimbursed sp it didn't seem to go so well, so you can't blame them for wanting to get it right. Even then there may still be some issues.
erg cz
erg cz
Eleutherian Guard
Villore Accords

Posted - 2015.11.18 15:54:02 - [170] - Quote

I used blood raider accelerator to get ore reprocessing skills quickly. Now my reprocessing skills are set back. So I refined ore with much more loses cause I did not noticed I lost skill points in Omber and Scordite processing. I do not remember what else did I trained with accelerator drug, but I doubt anyone will reimbursed lost minerals due to low skill reprocessing :( .

Absolutely free trial extension. Just click the link and get your extra 2 weeks of Eve for free!

Red Noggin
Red Noggin
Dark-Rising
Decayed Orbit

Posted - 2015.11.18 17:59:29 - [171] - Quote

I like throwing petrol on a fire!!

Wonder what there focusing on ...

FIRST GLIMPSE AT DECEMBER RELEASE - JOIN THE MASS TEST ON NOVEMBER 19

lol, There is nothing we can do about it, they said by the 20 so 2 downtime's left, and if its next week what can we all do about it apart from whine and post here....

Eventually it comes down to customer service which is all about not over promising and under delivering....
Pantaira
Pantaira
Kraken Exploration and Janitorial Services
The Bastion

Posted - 2015.11.19 05:31:29 - [172] - Quote

CCP,

I respectfully ask for a post on the progress of this issue.

I like many others, dislike seeing skill cues increase in time, rather than decrease in time, then left wondering when is this going to be rectified?

Can you please take 1 minute to clearly communicate to the forum the current status, and the expected fix date, as many of us continue to be effected by this situation and are truly left wondering about the quality of communication we expect from a game we pay to play, and also how this situation is being prioritised.

Regards

Pantaira
Scipio Artelius
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life

Posted - 2015.11.19 06:30:36 - [173] - Quote

Pantaira wrote:
Can you please take 1 minute to clearly communicate to the forum the current status, and the expected fix date, as many of us continue to be effected by this situation and are truly left wondering about the quality of communication we expect from a game we pay to play, and also how this situation is being prioritised.

As per the news item on the 16th:

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/skill-training-reimbursement-post-downtime-training-issue-on-november-12th/

watch the patch notes and news for an update when it's available.

patch notes: http://community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-parallax
news: http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/

Pantaira
Pantaira
Kraken Exploration and Janitorial Services
The Bastion

Posted - 2015.11.19 08:02:27 - [174] - Quote

and as per the patch notes which didn't fix anything, no news about the issues still persisting has not released...
Scipio Artelius
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life

Posted - 2015.11.19 08:04:04 - [175] - Quote

Pantaira wrote:
and as per the patch notes which didn't fix anything, no news about the issues still persisting has not released...

no, not yet.

Jerry T Pepridge
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.

Posted - 2015.11.19 08:33:45 - [176] - Quote

erg cz wrote:
I used blood raider accelerator to get ore reprocessing skills quickly. Now my reprocessing skills are set back. So I refined ore with much more loses cause I did not noticed I lost skill points in Omber and Scordite processing. I do not remember what else did I trained with accelerator drug, but I doubt anyone will reimbursed lost minerals due to low skill reprocessing :( .

i know its a bandaid, but have you tried asking other players around you to reprocess for you, who knows you may even make a friend & start doing other things in eve. best of luck.
erg cz
erg cz
Eleutherian Guard
Villore Accords

Posted - 2015.11.19 09:16:09 - [177] - Quote

Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
erg cz wrote:

i know its a bandaid, but have you tried asking other players around you to reprocess for you, who knows you may even make a friend & start doing other things in eve. best of luck.

For me there is no problem, to wait till the end of the week with refining. Problem is that if I would knew, that I will refine with low skill I would not do this right now, rather accumulating ore till it is fixed. But I noticed increased lost first after reprocessing was done.

Absolutely free trial extension. Just click the link and get your extra 2 weeks of Eve for free!

Jerry T Pepridge
Jerry T Pepridge
Meta Game Analysis and Investment INC.

Posted - 2015.11.19 09:38:02 - [178] - Quote

erg cz wrote:
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
erg cz wrote:

For me there is no problem, to wait till the end of the week with refining. Problem is that if I would knew, that I will refine with low skill I would not do this right now, rather accumulating ore till it is fixed. But I noticed increased lost first after reprocessing was done.

ahh i see bummer !
CCP Habakuk
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2015.11.19 11:34:43 - [179] - Quote

Hi all!

The missing training time has now been reimbursed in the form of unallocated skill points for those affected by this bug. See this Evelopedia page for instructions on using them.

The amount of reimbursed skill points will in most cases be slightly higher than the real amount of lost skill points, depending on your exact attributes and implants.

If you are still missing skill points and you do not have an open support ticket: Please write a support ticket, as you were probably a victim to a different bug.
If you are still experiencing problems with the skill queue (we are aware of further problems): Please write a bug report (press F12 ingame and then "Report Bug").

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Gridlock 

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Nismo Anninen
Nismo Anninen
Surreal corp
The Afterlife.

Posted - 2015.11.19 11:48:01 - [180] - Quote

bingo!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240425/0028
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.