Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 :: [one page]
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Baronn Creel
Baronn Creel

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.04 19:15:00 - [1]

I noticed yesterday when checking the Courier Missions that there are several missions asking the Courier to haul 20,000 m3 worth of cargo. These missions are offering rewards roughly twice the amount of the collateral asked for, and are also for very short distances.

I do not personally know of ANY indy which can carry 20,000 m3 in any configuration. Someone can confirm this. And I don't think this 20,000 m3 package can be 'split up' into packages which can be carried.

I think this is a scam by someone to get that collateral. They know that, once accepted, that the courier will never be able to fit the 20,000 m3 cargo into a single ship, or split it up. The mission will expire unfulfilled, thus giving the scammer the collateral.

Check the courier missions, and sort on greatest reward. Everyone think the same thing?

Thanx!

Baronn
Lt. JG Baronn Creel Combat Support

"This is my weapon, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun"
Baronn Creel
Baronn Creel
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.12.04 19:15:00 - [2]

I noticed yesterday when checking the Courier Missions that there are several missions asking the Courier to haul 20,000 m3 worth of cargo. These missions are offering rewards roughly twice the amount of the collateral asked for, and are also for very short distances.

I do not personally know of ANY indy which can carry 20,000 m3 in any configuration. Someone can confirm this. And I don't think this 20,000 m3 package can be 'split up' into packages which can be carried.

I think this is a scam by someone to get that collateral. They know that, once accepted, that the courier will never be able to fit the 20,000 m3 cargo into a single ship, or split it up. The mission will expire unfulfilled, thus giving the scammer the collateral.

Check the courier missions, and sort on greatest reward. Everyone think the same thing?

Thanx!

Baronn
Manfred Doomhammer
Manfred Doomhammer

Posted - 2003.12.04 19:57:00 - [3]

as has been stated before, it can be a scam...
but courier missions often are also used to trade items like ships or things without the neet to meet at the same time and place...
in this case, the colateral would be the byu price
BE CAREFUL THOUGH
if you engage in such a trade, there are a few rules to not getting scammed...
the most important one is that the pickup and destination station should be the same. in this case, no matter how big the mission package is, you allways can complete the mission and gain your collateral... as long as you follow the second rule...
DO NOT BREAK the packet... just select open, so you can check what is in it. as soon as you break the packet, the mission will be failed, and the colateral lost.... if you like what is in the packet, you can still break it and complete the deal.. if you are not satisfied with what is in, simply finish the mission to get your colateral back...

so... never accept a mission to another station with a cargo space requirement bigger than your ship can fit unless you are completely sure of what you do...

if you follow these rules, you should be able to trade savely through courier mission.

i guess at some time someone should make that sticky or add it to the FAQ as it seems pretty many people dont have a clue about this and fall prey to scammers.Crying or Very sad

----

Manfred Doomhammer
Fleet Admiral
CEO ShadowTec Inc.
Manfred Doomhammer
Manfred Doomhammer
Caldari
ShadowTec Inc.
Curatores Veritatis Alliance

Posted - 2003.12.04 19:57:00 - [4]

as has been stated before, it can be a scam...
but courier missions often are also used to trade items like ships or things without the neet to meet at the same time and place...
in this case, the colateral would be the byu price
BE CAREFUL THOUGH
if you engage in such a trade, there are a few rules to not getting scammed...
the most important one is that the pickup and destination station should be the same. in this case, no matter how big the mission package is, you allways can complete the mission and gain your collateral... as long as you follow the second rule...
DO NOT BREAK the packet... just select open, so you can check what is in it. as soon as you break the packet, the mission will be failed, and the colateral lost.... if you like what is in the packet, you can still break it and complete the deal.. if you are not satisfied with what is in, simply finish the mission to get your colateral back...

so... never accept a mission to another station with a cargo space requirement bigger than your ship can fit unless you are completely sure of what you do...

if you follow these rules, you should be able to trade savely through courier mission.

i guess at some time someone should make that sticky or add it to the FAQ as it seems pretty many people dont have a clue about this and fall prey to scammers.Crying or Very sad

----

Manfred Doomhammer
CEO ShadowTec Inc.
Elithiomel
Elithiomel

Posted - 2003.12.05 07:51:00 - [5]

scam.
Bestower 3500*1.25*(1.275^4)=11561m3
Iteron Mk5 4000*(1.275^5)= 13477m3
This is assuming 27.5% expanders

You cannot get up to 20000m3 unless you can find 5 40% expanders and put them on an Iteron Mk5. Best I can see at the moment is a tech level 4 loot drop cargo hold at 37%
---------------------------------------------
Engineers motto; If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Elithiomel
Elithiomel
Special Circumstances

Posted - 2003.12.05 07:51:00 - [6]

scam.

You cannot get up to 20000m3 unless you can find 5 40% expanders and put them on an Iteron Mk5. Best I can see at the moment is a tech level 4 loot drop cargo hold at 37%
---------------------------------------------
Engineers motto; If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Chai N'Dorr
Chai N'Dorr

Posted - 2003.12.05 14:24:00 - [7]

Edited by: Chai N'Dorr on 05/12/2003 14:24:17
AFAIK CCP even said it's a scam [ed. exploit], and should you wind up with one of these Courier Missions, you are allowed to petition a GM and ask him to have the item moved to the required location.

At least this is what was announced a looooong time ago. Don't know if it's still vallid, and I am not about to try to test it either.

Chai N'Dorr
Chai N'Dorr
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction

Posted - 2003.12.05 14:24:00 - [8]

Edited by: Chai N'Dorr on 05/12/2003 14:24:17
AFAIK CCP even said it's a scam [ed. exploit], and should you wind up with one of these Courier Missions, you are allowed to petition a GM and ask him to have the item moved to the required location.

At least this is what was announced a looooong time ago. Don't know if it's still vallid, and I am not about to try to test it either.

_

Join the Movement!
SpeedoMan
SpeedoMan

Posted - 2003.12.09 16:31:00 - [9]

unless the scammer pays the small amount extra for mission tracking, so they know when you take the mission, and can cancel it on you. :P

Soban... red all the way through and through
SpeedoMan
SpeedoMan
Caldari

Posted - 2003.12.09 16:31:00 - [10]

unless the scammer pays the small amount extra for mission tracking, so they know when you take the mission, and can cancel it on you. :P
--------------------------------------------
Soban... red all the way through and through
Nightfang
Nightfang

Posted - 2003.12.10 09:07:00 - [11]

Accepted courier missions can't be cancelled

Nightfang
Nightfang
Doomheim

Posted - 2003.12.10 09:07:00 - [12]

Accepted courier missions can't be cancelled

Li'l Mol
Li'l Mol

Posted - 2003.12.10 13:29:00 - [13]

I have done this when selling ships to people, place the selling item in a courier mission just to the person you're dealing with. set the collateral for the cost of item.
if you're not the named player you wont be able to accept the mission.
personally i think its a great way to trade. if a little time consuming waiting for the mission screen to load. Shocked

'When all your wishes are granted... Many of your dreams will be destroyed...'
Freelancing Corp

Posted - 2003.12.10 13:29:00 - [14]

I have done this when selling ships to people, place the selling item in a courier mission just to the person you're dealing with. set the collateral for the cost of item.
if you're not the named player you wont be able to accept the mission.
personally i think its a great way to trade. if a little time consuming waiting for the mission screen to load. Shocked

'When all your wishes are granted... Many of your dreams will be destroyed...'

Posted - 2003.12.11 13:34:00 - [15]

I have fallen for one of this: read the story and outcome [ here ]

--
Lady Beeblebrox

Teddybears movies

Zarquon Beeblebrox
Zarquon Beeblebrox
Liberate Vos Ex Inferis

Posted - 2003.12.11 13:34:00 - [16]

I have fallen for one of this: read the story and outcome [ here ]

--
Lady Beeblebrox
Lucien D'rant
Lucien D'rant

Posted - 2006.11.30 10:00:00 - [17]

Edited by: Lucien D''rant on 30/11/2006 10:01:28
Originally by: Baronn Creel

Thanx!

Baronn

On my main my impel can carry 21,000 thats with 3 local hulls 1 beta mod and the rest being expanded cargohold 1's. I believe its meant for transport pilots
Smagd
Smagd
Encina Technologies
Namtz'aar k'in

Posted - 2006.11.30 10:17:00 - [18]

Originally by: Lucien D'rant

Thanx!

Baronn

On my main my impel can carry 21,000 thats with 3 local hulls 1 beta mod and the rest being expanded cargohold 1's. I believe its meant for transport pilots

Uhm, how on earth did you manage to dig up this thread? Take a look at the timestamps, you just necroed a thread almost 3 years old, when, incidentally, no T2 or capital ships were yet available.
--
Saldun Zexu
Saldun Zexu

Posted - 2006.11.30 10:19:00 - [19]

Originally by: Elithiomel
scam.

don't forget about Transport Ships. Impel can carry up to 27k w/o cargo conts.
Lucien D'rant
Lucien D'rant

Posted - 2006.11.30 10:37:00 - [20]

Edited by: Lucien D''rant on 30/11/2006 10:37:58
Originally by: Smagd
Originally by: Lucien D'rant

Thanx!

Baronn

Uhm, how on earth did you manage to dig up this thread? Take a look at the timestamps, you just necroed a thread almost 3 years old, when, incidentally, no T2 or capital ships were yet available.

dunno for some reason it was on the top of missions
Smagd
Smagd
Encina Technologies
Namtz'aar k'in

Posted - 2006.11.30 12:54:00 - [21]

Odd, the very same thing just happened in Crime & Punishment.

Oh well, I guess we won't have to alert the mods if this is a new bug - they'll experience the love first-hand.
--
Caldari

Posted - 2006.11.30 19:53:00 - [22]

Edited by: 01001101 on 30/11/2006 20:00:57
Originally by: Elithiomel
scam.

A few mistakes here
example iteron mk5
industrial skill at 5 (required for markV) = +25% to base capacity
base capacity is 6000 not 4000
5 low slots

Bestower
Industrial at 5(for comparison reasons) = +25% to base capacit
base capacity is 4800 Not 3500
4 low slots

Hoarder
base capacity - 5625
4 low slots

Badger mark II
base capacity - 5250
3 low slots
Local expanders or expander II - +27% to capacity

You calculate like this
iteronV
6000 *1.25(skillbonus)*1.27*1.27*1.27*1.27*1.27 = 24778m3
Bestower
4800 * 1.25(skillbonus)*1.27*1.27*1.27*1.27 = 15608m3
Hoarder
5625* 1.25(skillbonus)*1.27*1.27*1.27*1.27 = 18291m3
Badger MArk II
5250 * 1.25(skillbonus)*1.27*1.27*1.27 = 13444m3

So yes an iteron Mark V with full locals could haul 20k
you can use as low as the 22% expanders and haul 20k with industrial at 5
6000 *1.25(skillbonus)*1.22*1.22*1.22*1.22*1.22 = 20200m3

And of course dont forget cargo expander rigs, supposedly you can get 40,000m3 in a iteronv with locals and cargo expander rigs:D

Pages: 1 :: [one page]

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240425/1516
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.