Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Unscheduled Downtime - 2016/01/10

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Joe Turnbull
Joe Turnbull
Federation Interstellar Resources
Silent Infinity

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:49:38 - [121] - Quote

Sophs Monster wrote:
Joe Turnbull wrote:
this is why an "Auto Login button" would be nice, auto logs u in after DT or DT2.0 :P

Yeah but then you'd get a flood of everyone logging in as soon as they boot up.

shhhh, its ccp they can find a way to make it "work" ;)

Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 12:49:40 - [122] - Quote

Fappp wrote:
Hi!

Just started playing today, great, absolutely great! Big smile
I thought the delays were on my end, good to hear it was a aftershock of the last patch.

Played for about 30/60 minutes before the server went down, but I'm def. coming back for more when the servers are online again!

Take your time!

Hi there,

As someone who has played eve for years now, welcome.

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Welcome to eve, and may Bob have mercy on your soul
Elenahina
Elenahina
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:49:48 - [123] - Quote

Polly Assene wrote:
So many comedians here

Nah, comedians are funny.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Lattimer Larkin
Lattimer Larkin
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:50:01 - [124] - Quote

Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!
Fappp
Fappp
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:50:02 - [125] - Quote

Joe Turnbull wrote:

LOL get used to it after patches :P, however does mean RL stuff gets done patch day XD

That's fine! I'm a game dev too, so I know how hard it is to do. Especially with this scale :D
Schmell
Schmell
Russian Thunder Squad
Project.Mayhem.

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:50:08 - [126] - Quote

It's ESS on citadels, isn't it Smile
Irresponsible James
Irresponsible James
Pink HOLE Industrial Group

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:50:14 - [127] - Quote

Good work CCP

appreciate the effort and cant wait to fly again in game

hope its not long before you find the problem, but the fact you are on top of the situation, pleases me

Big Thank You goes to you CCP Team
Christophe Vilsevich
Christophe Vilsevich
The Lost Kings

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:50:24 - [128] - Quote

Noooo* now I have to go to sleep.
Hexion Deteis
Hexion Deteis
Rogue Meddlers

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:51:17 - [129] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
UPDATES:

11:56 UTC - TRANQUILITY TAKEN DOWN FOR INVESTIGATION INTO ONGOING ISSUES
12:05 UTC - ISSUES ARE STILL ONGOING - INVESTIGATION CONTINUES
12:25 UTC - DUE TO ISSUES WITH THE 119.1 RELEASE, WE WILL BE REDEPLOYING 118.10
12:40 UTC - TESTING IS CURRENTLY ONGOING FOR REDEPLOYMENT OF 118.10

This.. Well done - decent community managment Sir !
Mihara Zamayid
Mihara Zamayid
Ghost Nebula 237 Corporation

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:51:50 - [130] - Quote

https://imgflip.com/i/1he9iw
Joe Turnbull
Joe Turnbull
Federation Interstellar Resources
Silent Infinity

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:52:03 - [131] - Quote

Fappp wrote:
Joe Turnbull wrote:

LOL get used to it after patches :P, however does mean RL stuff gets done patch day XD

That's fine! I'm a game dev too, so I know how hard it is to do. Especially with this scale :D

i dont have the attention span or "tech" knowledge for that, im very "its not working ? hit it, still isnt working ? hit it harder or use a bigger hammer" XD
Xylem Viliana
Xylem Viliana
another shell corp mk3

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:52:23 - [132] - Quote

Nyx Viliana wrote:
Fappp wrote:
Hi!

Just started playing today, great, absolutely great! Big smile
I thought the delays were on my end, good to hear it was a aftershock of the last patch.

Played for about 30/60 minutes before the server went down, but I'm def. coming back for more when the servers are online again!

Take your time!

Hi there,

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Some of remember multiple day DT's bud :-P
Fabada Asturiana23
Fabada Asturiana23
Refugiados

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:52:46 - [133] - Quote

Whith this kind of setback i am thinking that cant save isk to buy a plex....... Free sp ccp
Harrissaran
Harrissaran
Blind Leading the Blind

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:52:53 - [134] - Quote

DAMN!....

Now I have NO excuse to put off the ironing !!!

Ugh
Sophs Monster
Sophs Monster
science and trade institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:53:24 - [135] - Quote

I'm a new player who only just started the New Player experience yesterday. What's different in the new patch 118.10 they deployed?
Fetouros Kousou
Fetouros Kousou
Kanashii Corporation

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:54:17 - [136] - Quote

Sophs Monster wrote:
I'm a new player who only just started the New Player experience yesterday. What's different in the new patch 118.10 they deployed?

No different
Captain Big Gunderson
Captain Big Gunderson
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:54:22 - [137] - Quote

Pretty typical timing.

The day i get some day time play time and a list of stuff ot crack on with aaaaaaaaaaaaaand no soup for me!

Hamsters fed? Gears greased? Admins sunblocked-up, glasses focused, contacts in, lunch ate?

I know my whinging wont help so instead i'll prey to the internet gods and drum fingers as quietly as possible.
Landall Randou
Landall Randou
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:54:25 - [138] - Quote

a++ püñ ._. a++püñ Give free SP.

Pharoah Strange
Pharoah Strange
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:54:42 - [139] - Quote

Warping to mission; 'cluster shutdown in five'; ship reverses warp. Five minutes later ... arrive on site - ship refuses warp to dock because 'you can't warp while you're warping, idiot'. Cluster shutdown. So, am I dead? Or still flying backwards? Maybe the same principle applies to guns and all the Angels will shoot themselves with their own projectiles. It's going to be a ***** washing all the hamster gut off my shiny new skin ...
AgentMaster
AgentMaster
Platinum Octopus
Infernal Octopus

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:54:54 - [140] - Quote

Was it worth for the last patch? I doubt... Roll

Blessed is the man who has nothing to say and remain silent yet!!

Fappp
Fappp
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:55:03 - [141] - Quote

Nyx Viliana wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Ofcourse I heard of EVE, and about 6 years ago I first tried it. Got some kids who needed to be fed, so that kept me away. Now I'm back to play it good! :D
Koebmand
Koebmand
Silverflames

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:55:06 - [142] - Quote

If you had been in the help channel you would know what happened:

2 redheads and a blonde walked into the server room.

Redhead1: /emote pokes server with a stick
CCP Lebowski: (to Redhead1) patience little one :)
Blonde: This is how unscheduled downtime happens, impatient person goes poke server with large stick - pulls out cords while flailing stick.
Redhead1: Buckle down folks, we're in the dangaaaa zone!
Redhead2: server hamsters taste delicious though :(
EVE System: Channel MOTD changed to: ...TRANQUILITY IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING DB ISSUES, WE ARE INVESTIGATING - CCP Lebowski - 11.47am" by CCP Lebowski.
Redhead2: ahahahahaha
Blonde: Told ya to not swing that stick around in server room!
Redhead1: I dident mean to hit that A Big Red Button

True story - actual copy paste from the log (a couple statements out of context).
Bob Kerbin
Bob Kerbin
VK.com
Dark Spectrum

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:55:08 - [143] - Quote

Sophs Monster wrote:

118.10 is the old one. They wanted to deploy 199.1 but failed
Samantha Udan
Samantha Udan
Rubicon Mining and Manufacturing

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:55:09 - [144] - Quote

Sophs Monster wrote:

One works the other not so much.
morion
morion
Lighting Build

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:55:33 - [145] - Quote

Time machine go go go!

Never not build one.
Builder Pareleru
Builder Pareleru
M3RC4 - Outpost Luna 808

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:56:19 - [146] - Quote

I admire the consistency of the bugs with each patch , may be it is time you guys return the original developers , just saying . It is programming 101 - rollback procedures , testing before deploying etc.
Nemo Neant
Nemo Neant
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:56:22 - [147] - Quote

Sophs Monster wrote:

New Patch fixes the fitting simulator and adds some ship skins.Or so the patch notes said Big smile
Akis Talanas
Akis Talanas
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:56:36 - [148] - Quote

Lattimer Larkin wrote:
Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!

6 Days 21 hours....

Jumpgate classic mightygames.....

It began as a normal downtime and ended in a complete 6 week rollback and all earned in that time was gone :-)

You see we are not even NEAR this here and it can always be worse regarding patches :D
Austinenks Inkura
Austinenks Inkura
MOISE Heavy Industries

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:56:38 - [149] - Quote

Thats a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW3DFyzfEhI
Jhonas Riddick
Jhonas Riddick
Liberate Tutemet ex Inferis
Unsuitable

Posted - 2017.01.10 12:57:14 - [150] - Quote

I sense something... a presence I've not felt since.. Tuxford!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240419/0134
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.