Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Alkanine
Alkanine

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [1]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
Alkanine
Alkanine
Doomheim

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [2]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
Alkanine
Alkanine

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [3]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused
Alkanine
Alkanine
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [4]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240328/0744
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.