Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Ishkur
Ishkur

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [1]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Ishkur
Ishkur
Policy Research Group

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [2]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Ishkur
Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [3]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Ishkur
Ishkur
Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [4]

Quote:
It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Ishkur
Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [5]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Ishkur
Ishkur
Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [6]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240424/2315
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.