Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
TomB
TomB

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 12:48:00 - [1]

Info

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

Improvements

• There was a cap for individual NPC's on how much max security status could be gained with them, you could only gain security status above 4.0 by killing battleship pirates - this has been removed and is running on the Test Server, hopefully it's improving security status gain some.

• Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some, it's live on the Test Server and feedback is of course wanted.

There were also few bugs with security status gain introduced with Castor but they should all be fixed now.

2004.07.06 19:30:45combatTomB strikes you critically with his Nerf Bat, pwning you for -100% everything.
CCP TomB
CCP TomB

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 12:48:00 - [2]

Info

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

Improvements

• There was a cap for individual NPC's on how much max security status could be gained with them, you could only gain security status above 4.0 by killing battleship pirates - this has been removed and is running on the Test Server, hopefully it's improving security status gain some.

• Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some, it's live on the Test Server and feedback is of course wanted.

There were also few bugs with security status gain introduced with Castor but they should all be fixed now.

TomB
Lead Designer
EVE Online
zincol
zincol

Posted - 2004.04.17 12:53:00 - [3]

Be nice to see the concord agents back in action :-)
I miss them :-p

w00t!
zincol
zincol
S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.17 12:53:00 - [4]

Be nice to see the concord agents back in action :-)
I miss them :-p

w00t!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:09:00 - [5]

I've gone from -1.1 to -0.7 in a week which, I thought, was pretty fast considering some of the complaints made.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly it moves along after these changes.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:09:00 - [6]

I've gone from -1.1 to -0.7 in a week which, I thought, was pretty fast considering some of the complaints made.

RagnarH
RagnarH

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:27:00 - [7]

Quote:

and ppl r saying it takes them weeks to get +0,1 Rolling Eyes
This char is perm banned on forums :S
RagnarH
RagnarH
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:27:00 - [8]

Quote:

Jarjar
Jarjar

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:30:00 - [9]

Quote:

Haven't you been chaining high-level NPCs pretty much all day, though?
Jarjar
Jarjar
Celestial Apocalypse
Insurgency

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:30:00 - [10]

Quote:

Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:46:00 - [11]

Quote:
Quote:

Not really - mostly 3 or 4hrs at night ( 8 to midnight GMT) because that's the only time I can find reliable NPc-hunting partners.

Still, a gain of 0.4 per week is still a bit too slow.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:46:00 - [12]

Quote:
Quote:

Not really - mostly 3 or 4hrs at night ( 8 to midnight GMT) because that's the only time I can find reliable NPc-hunting partners.

Dianabolic
Dianabolic

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:01:00 - [13]

/strokes his level 3 concord agent.
Dianabolic
Dianabolic
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:01:00 - [14]

/strokes his level 3 concord agent.
Reikoku Diplomatic Forums
Booky
Booky

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:13:00 - [15]

great, now I can finally move past 4.5 I did get two increases from important missions but they were only 0.7% each.
Spelling corrections welcome, but don't expect me to edit my post.
Booky
Booky
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:13:00 - [16]

great, now I can finally move past 4.5 I did get two increases from important missions but they were only 0.7% each.
Spelling corrections welcome, but don't expect me to edit my post.
Hellek
Hellek

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:39:00 - [17]

Edited by: Hellek on 17/04/2004 14:41:07
Quote:

As far as I know, the higher the standings, the slower the increase.
It works something like that:
(10-yourstanding)*gain

I.e. if you are 0.0 and kill a rat that is worth 0.5%, you get 0.05. If you are at 5.0 you only get 0.025.

I am not sure if that is exactly how it works but I think it does work at least in a very similar way.

This also explains why somebody with negative standings can improve it a lot faster than somebody with positive.

PS: Booky, which corporation/faction gives sec.-rating increase for important missions???
Hellek
Hellek
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:39:00 - [18]

Edited by: Hellek on 17/04/2004 14:41:07
Quote:

As far as I know, the higher the standings, the slower the increase.
It works something like that:
(10-yourstanding)*gain

I.e. if you are 0.0 and kill a rat that is worth 0.5%, you get 0.05. If you are at 5.0 you only get 0.025.

I am not sure if that is exactly how it works but I think it does work at least in a very similar way.

This also explains why somebody with negative standings can improve it a lot faster than somebody with positive.

PS: Booky, which corporation/faction gives sec.-rating increase for important missions???
AwiL
AwiL

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:06:00 - [19]

be prepared, AwiL's comin back to empire...

"We gon' bring it to anyone that wants it...You want it? You gon' get it..."
AwiL
AwiL
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:06:00 - [20]

be prepared, AwiL's comin back to empire...

"We gon' bring it to anyone that wants it...You want it? You gon' get it..."
Hellspawn01
Hellspawn01

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:14:00 - [21]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Too slow?? It took me several months to get 0.4 after killing thousands of npc¦s.
---------------------------------------------

Eve is not game, it¦s a way of life!
Hellspawn01
Hellspawn01
Amarr
Falcon Advanced Industries

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:14:00 - [22]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Too slow?? It took me several months to get 0.4 after killing thousands of npc¦s.

Ship lovers click here
Hippey
Hippey

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:52:00 - [23]

When can we expect to see benefits from having a high positive rating?
-------------------------------------------
If you kill them, they will die!

Sport the war, war support
The sport is war, total war
When victory's really a massacre.
The final swing is not a drill
It's how many people I can kill!
Hippey
Hippey
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:52:00 - [24]

When can we expect to see benefits from having a high positive rating?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do nothing to stop slavery, you do everything to support it
Viceroy
Viceroy

Posted - 2004.04.17 16:55:00 - [25]

Yea, atm it just allows you to kill more people before going neg.
-

Viceroy
Viceroy
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 16:55:00 - [26]

Yea, atm it just allows you to kill more people before going neg.
S3VYN
S3VYN

Posted - 2004.04.17 17:35:00 - [27]

Well if you goal is to get a positive security rating so you can kill people isn't having a higher security rating so you can kill more people enough of a benefit? Shocked
------------------------------------- //
The views expressed by this poster are not the views of the poster's corporation, alliance, planet or television network... but they should be.
S3VYN
S3VYN
Gallente
Imperium Technologies
Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.17 17:35:00 - [28]

Well if you goal is to get a positive security rating so you can kill people isn't having a higher security rating so you can kill more people enough of a benefit? Shocked
.: DEAD AND LOVING IT :.
McWatt
McWatt

Posted - 2004.04.17 18:04:00 - [29]

* we need the daily +0.1 back. or some agent service.

* sec status increase should not be linear. please give noobs a chance to see a change beyond the 16th digit!

* if negative sec status had any kind of positive sideeffect, players would be proud of it and pirates would be finally recogniseable. (benefits everyone, again)
McWatt
McWatt
Caldari

Posted - 2004.04.17 18:04:00 - [30]

* we need the daily +0.1 back. or some agent service.

* sec status increase should not be linear. please give noobs a chance to see a change beyond the 16th digit!

* if negative sec status had any kind of positive sideeffect, players would be proud of it and pirates would be finally recogniseable. (benefits everyone, again)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240423/0801
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.