Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: [one page]
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
TomB
TomB

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 12:48:00 - [1]

Info

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

Improvements

• There was a cap for individual NPC's on how much max security status could be gained with them, you could only gain security status above 4.0 by killing battleship pirates - this has been removed and is running on the Test Server, hopefully it's improving security status gain some.

• Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some, it's live on the Test Server and feedback is of course wanted.

There were also few bugs with security status gain introduced with Castor but they should all be fixed now.

2004.07.06 19:30:45combatTomB strikes you critically with his Nerf Bat, pwning you for -100% everything.
CCP TomB
CCP TomB

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.17 12:48:00 - [2]

Info

• The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

• You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

Improvements

• There was a cap for individual NPC's on how much max security status could be gained with them, you could only gain security status above 4.0 by killing battleship pirates - this has been removed and is running on the Test Server, hopefully it's improving security status gain some.

• Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some, it's live on the Test Server and feedback is of course wanted.

There were also few bugs with security status gain introduced with Castor but they should all be fixed now.

TomB
Lead Designer
EVE Online
zincol
zincol

Posted - 2004.04.17 12:53:00 - [3]

Be nice to see the concord agents back in action :-)
I miss them :-p

w00t!
zincol
zincol
S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.17 12:53:00 - [4]

w00t!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:09:00 - [5]

I've gone from -1.1 to -0.7 in a week which, I thought, was pretty fast considering some of the complaints made.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly it moves along after these changes.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:09:00 - [6]

I've gone from -1.1 to -0.7 in a week which, I thought, was pretty fast considering some of the complaints made.

RagnarH
RagnarH

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:27:00 - [7]

Quote:

and ppl r saying it takes them weeks to get +0,1 Rolling Eyes
This char is perm banned on forums :S
RagnarH
RagnarH
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:27:00 - [8]

Quote:

Jarjar
Jarjar

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:30:00 - [9]

Quote:

Haven't you been chaining high-level NPCs pretty much all day, though?
Jarjar
Jarjar
Celestial Apocalypse
Insurgency

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:30:00 - [10]

Quote:

Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:46:00 - [11]

Quote:
Quote:

Not really - mostly 3 or 4hrs at night ( 8 to midnight GMT) because that's the only time I can find reliable NPc-hunting partners.

Still, a gain of 0.4 per week is still a bit too slow.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2004.04.17 13:46:00 - [12]

Quote:
Quote:

Not really - mostly 3 or 4hrs at night ( 8 to midnight GMT) because that's the only time I can find reliable NPc-hunting partners.

Dianabolic
Dianabolic

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:01:00 - [13]

/strokes his level 3 concord agent.
Dianabolic
Dianabolic
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:01:00 - [14]

/strokes his level 3 concord agent.
Reikoku Diplomatic Forums
Booky
Booky

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:13:00 - [15]

great, now I can finally move past 4.5 I did get two increases from important missions but they were only 0.7% each.
Spelling corrections welcome, but don't expect me to edit my post.
Booky
Booky
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:13:00 - [16]

great, now I can finally move past 4.5 I did get two increases from important missions but they were only 0.7% each.
Spelling corrections welcome, but don't expect me to edit my post.
Hellek
Hellek

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:39:00 - [17]

Edited by: Hellek on 17/04/2004 14:41:07
Quote:

As far as I know, the higher the standings, the slower the increase.
It works something like that:
(10-yourstanding)*gain

I.e. if you are 0.0 and kill a rat that is worth 0.5%, you get 0.05. If you are at 5.0 you only get 0.025.

I am not sure if that is exactly how it works but I think it does work at least in a very similar way.

This also explains why somebody with negative standings can improve it a lot faster than somebody with positive.

PS: Booky, which corporation/faction gives sec.-rating increase for important missions???
Hellek
Hellek
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2004.04.17 14:39:00 - [18]

Edited by: Hellek on 17/04/2004 14:41:07
Quote:

As far as I know, the higher the standings, the slower the increase.
It works something like that:
(10-yourstanding)*gain

I.e. if you are 0.0 and kill a rat that is worth 0.5%, you get 0.05. If you are at 5.0 you only get 0.025.

I am not sure if that is exactly how it works but I think it does work at least in a very similar way.

This also explains why somebody with negative standings can improve it a lot faster than somebody with positive.

PS: Booky, which corporation/faction gives sec.-rating increase for important missions???
AwiL
AwiL

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:06:00 - [19]

be prepared, AwiL's comin back to empire...

"We gon' bring it to anyone that wants it...You want it? You gon' get it..."
AwiL
AwiL
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:06:00 - [20]

be prepared, AwiL's comin back to empire...

"We gon' bring it to anyone that wants it...You want it? You gon' get it..."
Hellspawn01
Hellspawn01

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:14:00 - [21]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Too slow?? It took me several months to get 0.4 after killing thousands of npc¦s.
---------------------------------------------

Eve is not game, it¦s a way of life!
Hellspawn01
Hellspawn01
Amarr
Falcon Advanced Industries

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:14:00 - [22]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Too slow?? It took me several months to get 0.4 after killing thousands of npc¦s.

Ship lovers click here
Hippey
Hippey

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:52:00 - [23]

When can we expect to see benefits from having a high positive rating?
-------------------------------------------
If you kill them, they will die!

Sport the war, war support
The sport is war, total war
When victory's really a massacre.
The final swing is not a drill
It's how many people I can kill!
Hippey
Hippey
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.17 15:52:00 - [24]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do nothing to stop slavery, you do everything to support it
Viceroy
Viceroy

Posted - 2004.04.17 16:55:00 - [25]

Yea, atm it just allows you to kill more people before going neg.
-

Viceroy
Viceroy
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.17 16:55:00 - [26]

Yea, atm it just allows you to kill more people before going neg.
S3VYN
S3VYN

Posted - 2004.04.17 17:35:00 - [27]

Well if you goal is to get a positive security rating so you can kill people isn't having a higher security rating so you can kill more people enough of a benefit? Shocked
------------------------------------- //
The views expressed by this poster are not the views of the poster's corporation, alliance, planet or television network... but they should be.
S3VYN
S3VYN
Gallente
Imperium Technologies
Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.17 17:35:00 - [28]

Well if you goal is to get a positive security rating so you can kill people isn't having a higher security rating so you can kill more people enough of a benefit? Shocked
.: DEAD AND LOVING IT :.
McWatt
McWatt

Posted - 2004.04.17 18:04:00 - [29]

* we need the daily +0.1 back. or some agent service.

* sec status increase should not be linear. please give noobs a chance to see a change beyond the 16th digit!

* if negative sec status had any kind of positive sideeffect, players would be proud of it and pirates would be finally recogniseable. (benefits everyone, again)
McWatt
McWatt
Caldari

Posted - 2004.04.17 18:04:00 - [30]

* we need the daily +0.1 back. or some agent service.

* sec status increase should not be linear. please give noobs a chance to see a change beyond the 16th digit!

* if negative sec status had any kind of positive sideeffect, players would be proud of it and pirates would be finally recogniseable. (benefits everyone, again)
Lefevre
Lefevre

Posted - 2004.04.17 19:25:00 - [31]

Quote:

w00t!

To bad CCP removed the bribe option :-P

Teddybears
Lefevre
Lefevre
Caldari
Temptation inc.

Posted - 2004.04.17 19:25:00 - [32]

Quote:

w00t!

Playmate Bunny
Playmate Bunny

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:30:00 - [33]

So after the next patch will the 0.1+ for negative standings be reintroduced, or will it never come back ? ie. am I for example doomed too years of npc killing too get my sec status up too a decent level (i'm at a -5.8 now) constant daily chaining for a month brought me up by a measly .2 and we are talking battleships here
Playmate Bunny
Playmate Bunny
Minmatar
Shinra

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:30:00 - [34]

So after the next patch will the 0.1+ for negative standings be reintroduced, or will it never come back ? ie. am I for example doomed too years of npc killing too get my sec status up too a decent level (i'm at a -5.8 now) constant daily chaining for a month brought me up by a measly .2 and we are talking battleships here
zincol
zincol

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:43:00 - [35]

Quote:
Quote:

w00t!

:-(

w00t!
zincol
zincol
S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.17 21:43:00 - [36]

Quote:
Quote:

w00t!

:-(

w00t!
dalman
dalman

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:23:00 - [37]

Quote:

[*]You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

This is not working properly.

Very often in my logs it shows for example a mutant lord (85k) instead of a Tyrant (1M) as highest rat, and due to the cap (which you're removing), I usually don't get a sec increase, even when I kill a 1M NPC.

M.I.A. since 2004-07-30
dalman
dalman
Finite Horizon

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:23:00 - [38]

Quote:

[*]You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

This is not working properly.

Very often in my logs it shows for example a mutant lord (85k) instead of a Tyrant (1M) as highest rat, and due to the cap (which you're removing), I usually don't get a sec increase, even when I kill a 1M NPC.

Am I forced to have any regret?
I've become the lie, beautiful and free
In my righteous own mind
I adore and preach the insanity you gave to me
Teelmaster
Teelmaster

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:26:00 - [39]

Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.
Teelmaster
Teelmaster
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.17 22:26:00 - [40]

Frankly, this is bull****. PLEASE give us other options than killing thousands of npcs for weeks to gain a measily amount of sec rating. This is ridiculous. What was so bad with the .1 per day? If you kill in empire and get -10, is 3 months not enough time to be punished for the crime? It really is freaking ridiculous.
Nwalmaer
Nwalmaer

Posted - 2004.04.17 23:54:00 - [41]

I don't play this game to interact with NPCs hours upon hours every day, that's what singleplayer games are for.

And with Bship spawns only being in alliance space, you'll be stuck killing cruisers and frigates since ebil pirates aren't exactly welcome there.

Nwalmaer
Nwalmaer
Caldari
The Spang

Posted - 2004.04.17 23:54:00 - [42]

I don't play this game to interact with NPCs hours upon hours every day, that's what singleplayer games are for.

And with Bship spawns only being in alliance space, you'll be stuck killing cruisers and frigates since ebil pirates aren't exactly welcome there.

Drewdatrip
Drewdatrip

Posted - 2004.04.18 01:36:00 - [43]

Edited by: Drewdatrip on 18/04/2004 01:38:18
Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|
-------------------
The Professional
Drewdatrip
Drewdatrip
Gallente

Posted - 2004.04.18 01:36:00 - [44]

Quote:

If they are going for realism, then they are beening more then fair....I mena you kill someone in public next to a cop station, you will get slightly more punishment then 3months....
But i do agree that we need more options for increasing your sec rating...killing NPCs for months is slighly mind numbing

|Drew|
vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk

Posted - 2004.04.18 02:06:00 - [45]

Quote:

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad
----------------------------------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
vanBuskirk
vanBuskirk
Caldari

Posted - 2004.04.18 02:06:00 - [46]

Quote:

No it isn't. To get to -10, you really have to work at it. You SHOULD have to work at getting back again.

You chose to be a "pirate" and live in EVE by ruining other people's game experience - deal with the consequences or leave. Personally, I'd prefer you to choose the latter.Evil or Very Mad
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Imperishable
Imperishable

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:42:00 - [47]

I think the 0.1 gain per day is actually quite good
why was it removed?
It doesn't really stop suicide kestrels
Imperishable
Imperishable

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:42:00 - [48]

I think the 0.1 gain per day is actually quite good
why was it removed?
It doesn't really stop suicide kestrels
Wulfnor
Wulfnor

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:56:00 - [49]

Quote:

• Does this mean that people will have their Security Status lowered similar to the way standing with agents was lowered?
    Wulfnor
    Wulfnor
    Caldari
    Roving Guns Inc.
    RAZOR Alliance

Posted - 2004.04.18 03:56:00 - [50]

Quote:

• Does this mean that people will have their Security Status lowered similar to the way standing with agents was lowered?
    Ishkur
    Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [51]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
    TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Ishkur
    Ishkur
    Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.18 05:18:00 - [52]

Edited by: Ishkur on 18/04/2004 05:19:57
    TomB, when are you going to fix the bug that allows someone to only take a 0.5% "aggression" hit for a ship or pod kill? (Or no hit AT ALL?!)

IMHO, this bug should be your #1 priority. How can I ask poeple to watch local, if everyone in local is a pirate with a 1.8 security status, because CONCORD never applies the negatives?

Sevanna
    Sevanna

Posted - 2004.04.18 11:44:00 - [53]

well, a month back I was mostly guarding a 0.4 space from pirates engaging miners mostly, and keeping the area relativly clean.
    This off course was devastating towards my securitystatus since pirates who engage in empire space are in normal sircumstances only about -3.0 to -0.1, wich still affects my own security status if I engage them.

this means I have too hunt npc's like crazy just to keep my own sec status above 0, wich can get rather frustrating at times.

Also, I tested with an alt char, along with a friend, killing him again and again, too monitor the security status loss, and only once in 4 hours, did i get security loss for killing his pod?!Shocked

So when I read this post and see all the whining from people who have low security status and cant enter empire space etc... heck you really had to be a pestering plague for quite some time to gain that negative status, so deal with it.
    When you do crimes, you have to pay for them, this by being an outlaw and have to stay in 0.0 space.. so be it, I'd say you'r getting the better end of it.

nothing wrong with having to work for the security status, but now I've given upp this law enforcement deal, and still having hell of a time getting my sec status upp. think ive stay'd stuck below 0.4 for ages now Confused

How to deal with this? I dont know, but a sugestion would be, that you would not lose sec status for attacking someone with negative security status? below
    -0.1 for instance...

I dont care much for those who engage crime activites and I doubt i ever will, but it keeps the game intresting, and it's allot more funn and challenging to hunt player Rats than npc rats... Wink

And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

And having low sec status, should be a gain for those who want to engage in piracy, the pirates keep the economy in the game running, and well, it is one way of playing the game.
    for instance gaining some better missions at npc pirate corp agents, or just that it adds a bit to the standings there. However crimes are a quick way to get ritch, but it should haunt the person for quite some time, it's just the way things go, you pay the consequenses of your action.

ok. this was allot more than i was going to write, but hey.
    hope something will come out of itWink

:: rebell against opression ::
    Sevanna
    Sevanna
    Minmatar
    Bleak Cabal
    Coalition of Carebear Killers

Posted - 2004.04.18 11:44:00 - [54]

well, a month back I was mostly guarding a 0.4 space from pirates engaging miners mostly, and keeping the area relativly clean.
    This off course was devastating towards my securitystatus since pirates who engage in empire space are in normal sircumstances only about -3.0 to -0.1, wich still affects my own security status if I engage them.

this means I have too hunt npc's like crazy just to keep my own sec status above 0, wich can get rather frustrating at times.

Also, I tested with an alt char, along with a friend, killing him again and again, too monitor the security status loss, and only once in 4 hours, did i get security loss for killing his pod?!Shocked

So when I read this post and see all the whining from people who have low security status and cant enter empire space etc... heck you really had to be a pestering plague for quite some time to gain that negative status, so deal with it.
    When you do crimes, you have to pay for them, this by being an outlaw and have to stay in 0.0 space.. so be it, I'd say you'r getting the better end of it.

nothing wrong with having to work for the security status, but now I've given upp this law enforcement deal, and still having hell of a time getting my sec status upp. think ive stay'd stuck below 0.4 for ages now Confused

How to deal with this? I dont know, but a sugestion would be, that you would not lose sec status for attacking someone with negative security status? below
    -0.1 for instance...

I dont care much for those who engage crime activites and I doubt i ever will, but it keeps the game intresting, and it's allot more funn and challenging to hunt player Rats than npc rats... Wink

And really, fix the bounty thing, add the bounty to the insurance fee to make ppl notice that having a bounty on their head isnt a good thing, okey...

If I'd runn a insurance company, I'd deffenently notice that a person had higer risk of being killed since he has a bounty on his head, and therefor i'd add that ammount too his bill =) clone and ship.

And having low sec status, should be a gain for those who want to engage in piracy, the pirates keep the economy in the game running, and well, it is one way of playing the game.
    for instance gaining some better missions at npc pirate corp agents, or just that it adds a bit to the standings there. However crimes are a quick way to get ritch, but it should haunt the person for quite some time, it's just the way things go, you pay the consequenses of your action.

ok. this was allot more than i was going to write, but hey.
    hope something will come out of itWink

:: rebell against opression ::
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:05:00 - [55]

Quote:

Most if not all of the pirates who posted here, pirated in empire space before castor.

Before castor you kill 3 people your at -10...I went from +2.0 to -10 in about 15mins.

People who started pirating after castor can find it managable as they get little loss from killing and little gain from npcs
    Pre-castor the loss was great, but we had a way to get it back up again.

And as some1 said earlier there should be benifits to having a negative and a positive ss.

This is a game, pirates havnt broken any rules in the game, so why are we punished, ss is totally unbalanced!!

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:05:00 - [56]

Quote:

Most if not all of the pirates who posted here, pirated in empire space before castor.

Before castor you kill 3 people your at -10...I went from +2.0 to -10 in about 15mins.

People who started pirating after castor can find it managable as they get little loss from killing and little gain from npcs
    Pre-castor the loss was great, but we had a way to get it back up again.

And as some1 said earlier there should be benifits to having a negative and a positive ss.

This is a game, pirates havnt broken any rules in the game, so why are we punished, ss is totally unbalanced!!
    Sig removed, lacks Eve-related content - Cortes
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:09:00 - [57]

Quote:
    Quote:

|Drew|

Taking 8mins to learn to fly a frigate or 50mins to learn how to fly a battleship...seems that when you compare that to 3months..its a god damm long length of time

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:09:00 - [58]

Quote:
    Quote:

|Drew|

Taking 8mins to learn to fly a frigate or 50mins to learn how to fly a battleship...seems that when you compare that to 3months..its a god damm long length of time
    cashman
    cashman

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:14:00 - [59]

TomB:

3 Days ago, on TQ, I attacked someone in Frulegur. Almost everytime I used a weapons on him, I got security penalty. I had my victim scrambled from beginning to end.

When my security status updated, I'd went from +0.06 to -1.2 (!). The battle took 5min. In my concord standing-transactions, you can also see I got a penalty of -12.5%.

I'm still waiting for my pertition to be handled. But I'd just like to let you know of this bug.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
    cashman
    cashman
    Gallente

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:14:00 - [60]

TomB:

3 Days ago, on TQ, I attacked someone in Frulegur. Almost everytime I used a weapons on him, I got security penalty. I had my victim scrambled from beginning to end.

When my security status updated, I'd went from +0.06 to -1.2 (!). The battle took 5min. In my concord standing-transactions, you can also see I got a penalty of -12.5%.

I'm still waiting for my pertition to be handled. But I'd just like to let you know of this bug.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:15:00 - [61]

Quote:

This would screw up the bounty system even more than it is, pirates would just get a friend to pod them to keep their insurance and clone costs low. Add to the fact that alot of people in alliances, bounty hunters and empire side pvp corps have a negative ss, people would stick a bounty on them just to **** em off for no reason.

The reason why you cannot attack some1 with a -1.0ss...look above, not all players with a negative ss are pirates. But some1 with -5.0 is most probably gonna be one. Why should you get to shoot at some1 with a -1.0ss, when that person hasnt attacked you?

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.18 13:15:00 - [62]

Quote:

This would screw up the bounty system even more than it is, pirates would just get a friend to pod them to keep their insurance and clone costs low. Add to the fact that alot of people in alliances, bounty hunters and empire side pvp corps have a negative ss, people would stick a bounty on them just to **** em off for no reason.

The reason why you cannot attack some1 with a -1.0ss...look above, not all players with a negative ss are pirates. But some1 with -5.0 is most probably gonna be one. Why should you get to shoot at some1 with a -1.0ss, when that person hasnt attacked you?
    s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.18 14:06:00 - [63]

Anyone Been on the test server and killed NPC to see if it does increase sec status more?

I have been on the entropy server and found my standing increased less than what it does on tranquility for killing the same NPC rats i though this was a bit odd as TomB said

Quote:
    Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some

I was killing 30k rats like i do on tranquility and got an increase of 0.0025% where i would usually get 0.01% increases.

I thought this was abit odd so went into 0.0 and killed a few bigger Rats. A 40k rat gave me 0.0075% increase and a 35k rat gave me 0.0063% increases. again this was a bit odd as would have expected this to be above 0.01%

The only increase that was higher than 0.01% was when i killed a 65k rat which gave me a 0.0137% increase.

I don't usually go onto the test servers but thought it would be interesting to see what difference this made and thought i would ask if anyone else had a look or not? Did i miss something ?

s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k
    Caldari
    UK Corp
    Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.18 14:06:00 - [64]

Anyone Been on the test server and killed NPC to see if it does increase sec status more?

I have been on the entropy server and found my standing increased less than what it does on tranquility for killing the same NPC rats i though this was a bit odd as TomB said

Quote:
    Security gain for killing NPC battleships and cruisers has been increased up to double sec gain for some

I was killing 30k rats like i do on tranquility and got an increase of 0.0025% where i would usually get 0.01% increases.

I thought this was abit odd so went into 0.0 and killed a few bigger Rats. A 40k rat gave me 0.0075% increase and a 35k rat gave me 0.0063% increases. again this was a bit odd as would have expected this to be above 0.01%

The only increase that was higher than 0.01% was when i killed a 65k rat which gave me a 0.0137% increase.

I don't usually go onto the test servers but thought it would be interesting to see what difference this made and thought i would ask if anyone else had a look or not? Did i miss something ?
    S3VYN
    S3VYN

Posted - 2004.04.18 17:34:00 - [65]

It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it, why be so upset about what you knew was coming? It's just a game, yes, but decisions are decisions. A well known murderer and pirate who kills other well known murderers and pirates is NOT a lawful citizen and shouldn't be treated as such. Do your killing in 0.0 and you wouldn't have security rating issues, there's more 0.0 space than any other security level, it's there for a reason, use it.
    ------------------------------------- //
    The views expressed by this poster are not the views of the poster's corporation, alliance, planet or television network... but they should be.
    S3VYN
    S3VYN
    Gallente
    Imperium Technologies
    Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.18 17:34:00 - [66]

It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it, why be so upset about what you knew was coming? It's just a game, yes, but decisions are decisions. A well known murderer and pirate who kills other well known murderers and pirates is NOT a lawful citizen and shouldn't be treated as such. Do your killing in 0.0 and you wouldn't have security rating issues, there's more 0.0 space than any other security level, it's there for a reason, use it.
    .: DEAD AND LOVING IT :.
    John McCreedy
    John McCreedy

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:08:00 - [67]

I consider this yet another example of stacking towards the larger corps and Alliances who have access to and control 0.0 space. Being in a small corp, we do not have this kind of access so progression though the positive security status increases will be extremly limited because of this. This is after you halved everyones security status upon Castor release (basically only benefiting pirates).

Since you halved the security status of each person upon release of Castor, it's taken me 4 months to gain a 4% increase in overall Standing (0.4 ss)and this is killing rats regulary in systems 0.4-0.1.

If you insist on implementing this change, then can we at least have an increase on the percentage gained through the Fast Talk Skill or a security increase via Agent Missions for certain corps such as Empire Navies, to at least give small corps and solo players a chance.

Make a difference

John McCreedy
    John McCreedy
    Caldari
    Eve Defence Force

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:08:00 - [68]

I consider this yet another example of stacking towards the larger corps and Alliances who have access to and control 0.0 space. Being in a small corp, we do not have this kind of access so progression though the positive security status increases will be extremly limited because of this. This is after you halved everyones security status upon Castor release (basically only benefiting pirates).

Since you halved the security status of each person upon release of Castor, it's taken me 4 months to gain a 4% increase in overall Standing (0.4 ss)and this is killing rats regulary in systems 0.4-0.1.

If you insist on implementing this change, then can we at least have an increase on the percentage gained through the Fast Talk Skill or a security increase via Agent Missions for certain corps such as Empire Navies, to at least give small corps and solo players a chance.
    Make a Difference

Ishkur
    Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [69]

Quote:
    It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Ishkur
    Ishkur
    Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.18 18:12:00 - [70]

Quote:
    It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences.

Nope, that's not how it works. Scroll up and read the posts. People can attack 4, 5, 6 people in Empire space and not even take any security hit at all.

So right now, the people whining about the changes are people using this bug to avoid getting security hits at all.

People are being fooled into thinking that the other people in local are good guys, cause they have 2.5 security status, despite the fact that they've been blowing up ships right and left for the past month.

That bug is far more serious than any imagined unfairness to people who pirate and don't want to face the music, IMHO.

Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y

Posted - 2004.04.19 11:36:00 - [71]

Quote:

Dude if no pirated n stuff then everyone would be sat in eve bored... its not ruining peoples gaming experiances at all... it makes it that lil more fun because you've always gotta be on your toes if you want to keep your ship =)
    -----------------------

K4rls 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I perfectly strikes Republic Fleet Testing Facilities, wrecking for 1395.9 damage
    Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y
    Gallente
    The Scope

Posted - 2004.04.19 11:36:00 - [72]

Quote:

Dude if no pirated n stuff then everyone would be sat in eve bored... its not ruining peoples gaming experiances at all... it makes it that lil more fun because you've always gotta be on your toes if you want to keep your ship =)
    -----------------------
    Join the oveur fan club today and recive an e-flower!

Signature edited. That image is erm.. a little inappropriate ^^. Please make one a little less gruesome :). - Teblin.
    PS. I want an e-flower \o/.
    lewlar
    lewlar

Posted - 2004.04.19 12:16:00 - [73]

Hi all,

I agree with those that say that the security increases are too small, but I try to grin and bear it. What makes me a bit annoyed is that I am absolutely sure the system, even as it stands is broken. Some security status gains aren't being logged at all. I even give it 24 hours before checking. I am torn between getting on with the game and putting proof together for a petition on this, (which would be quite time consuming to be complete proof, giving times, places, npc killed, ten minute time intervals). Training relevent social skills seems to be a bit of a letdown too. I am squinting to see much difference. The only aggresive act towards another player I have ever made was 7 months ago'ish when a stray light missile hit a bystander I wasn't locked onto. Lesson learned, but still "sheesh".
    lewlar
    lewlar

Posted - 2004.04.19 12:16:00 - [74]

Hi all,

I agree with those that say that the security increases are too small, but I try to grin and bear it. What makes me a bit annoyed is that I am absolutely sure the system, even as it stands is broken. Some security status gains aren't being logged at all. I even give it 24 hours before checking. I am torn between getting on with the game and putting proof together for a petition on this, (which would be quite time consuming to be complete proof, giving times, places, npc killed, ten minute time intervals). Training relevent social skills seems to be a bit of a letdown too. I am squinting to see much difference. The only aggresive act towards another player I have ever made was 7 months ago'ish when a stray light missile hit a bystander I wasn't locked onto. Lesson learned, but still "sheesh".
    FEvul
    FEvul

Posted - 2004.04.19 13:05:00 - [75]

Quote:

exactly, totally agree there !
    FEvul
    FEvul
    Infinite Improbability Inc

Posted - 2004.04.19 13:05:00 - [76]

Quote:

exactly, totally agree there !
    Tyrrax Thorrk
    Tyrrax Thorrk

Posted - 2004.04.19 14:06:00 - [77]

GHEY
    Tyrrax Thorrk
    Tyrrax Thorrk
    Amarr
    Umbra Congregatio
    Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.04.19 14:06:00 - [78]

GHEY
    Ganja
    Ganja

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:28:00 - [79]

It took me roughly 15 hours STRAIGHT to gain exactly +.068

That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

IE: You can't go above 2.0 by killing frigates.
    You can't go above 4.0 by killing cruisers.
    The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)
    Ganja
    Ganja

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:28:00 - [80]

That is retarded.. the 10 minute cap needs to be removed, and instead, put a cap on the size of the NPC.

The only way to gain +5 sec now would be to kill battleships (using this method)
    John McCreedy
    John McCreedy

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:55:00 - [81]

Quote:

I'd agree so long as there is a fairer method of distribution of Battleship NPC's. I obviously don't expect BS to spawn at belts in Empire but hidden areas, or some of these Hideouts should have them.

In fact, while I'm on the subject of the hideouts, don't you think it's lame that they spawn easier rats then the belts do?

Make a difference

John McCreedy
    John McCreedy
    Caldari
    Eve Defence Force

Posted - 2004.04.19 15:55:00 - [82]

Quote:

I'd agree so long as there is a fairer method of distribution of Battleship NPC's. I obviously don't expect BS to spawn at belts in Empire but hidden areas, or some of these Hideouts should have them.

In fact, while I'm on the subject of the hideouts, don't you think it's lame that they spawn easier rats then the belts do?
    Make a Difference

Teelmaster
    Teelmaster

Posted - 2004.04.19 16:03:00 - [83]

Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.
    Teelmaster
    Teelmaster
    Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.19 16:03:00 - [84]

Those that came in after castor do not understand. I was at 0.0 and after 2 fights in empire i was -2.6 pre-castor and i have been there since. TWO FIGHTS and i cant go back into anything above .9 space? I think that is a little harsh. I would accept it if i killed dozens, but no. And now i have to spend a hundred hours killing npcs just to gain .7 sec status. SCREW THAT.
    Grinth Fealnon
    Grinth Fealnon

Posted - 2004.04.19 18:58:00 - [85]

Why not switch sec status gains/losses the way it was pre-castor with one small change(where as I understand it, it was relatively easy to make big gains or losses in sec ratings).

Each time you go above, say for sake of example, 5.0 or conversely drop below -5.0 it becomes harder(longer) for you to raise your security status. So the first time you drop below -5.0 its easy to raise you security status up again, but the next time you drop below said security level it becomes harder for you to raise it up, and progressively harder and harder to raise your security level each time you drop below that level.

This would make all the various sorts of people who may be staring at taking a security loss think twice before they decide to do it.
    Commander Grinth: Logistics

"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."

Grinth Fealnon
    Grinth Fealnon
    Caldari
    Phoenix Propulsion Labs
    Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.04.19 18:58:00 - [86]

Why not switch sec status gains/losses the way it was pre-castor with one small change(where as I understand it, it was relatively easy to make big gains or losses in sec ratings).

Each time you go above, say for sake of example, 5.0 or conversely drop below -5.0 it becomes harder(longer) for you to raise your security status. So the first time you drop below -5.0 its easy to raise you security status up again, but the next time you drop below said security level it becomes harder for you to raise it up, and progressively harder and harder to raise your security level each time you drop below that level.

This would make all the various sorts of people who may be staring at taking a security loss think twice before they decide to do it.
    "I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.19 19:40:00 - [87]

Quote:
    It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it

I knew what before i did it?

That the developers would change the whole system, did you? casue they gave no warning when they took the deacy away.

So before you reply to a topic, take a little care to look at it properly before you do so.

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.19 19:40:00 - [88]

Quote:
    It never ceases to amaze me that people have problems living with their choices. In games AND in real life your choices have consequences. You decide to go on a killing spree in empire space you're banned from empire space. You knew it before you did it

I knew what before i did it?

That the developers would change the whole system, did you? casue they gave no warning when they took the deacy away.

So before you reply to a topic, take a little care to look at it properly before you do so.
    Archemedes
    Archemedes

Posted - 2004.04.19 20:31:00 - [89]

Personally, I consider the whole security status system a joke. I wanted a high SS to show I was one of the good guys, but the gains are insanely slow. I'm not going to spend more than a few hours a week hunting NPCs, because it is BORING to sit and mindlessly kill for hours on end day after day.

What about significantly raising the SS gain for NPC kills, BUT also making it so that after any SS hit you can not GAIN status for a set amount of time (which varies by offense). So if you kill an innocent traveller's ship, you might not be able to gain SS for a couple days, and if you podkill someone you can't gain for a week. That would stop pirates from using NPCs to keep their status up and still be pirates, but would allow FORMER pirates a way to get their status back up. And it would also allow "law-abiding" citizens to get good positive status without having to camp NPCs constantly.
    Archemedes
    Archemedes
    Gallente
    Omnitrend

Posted - 2004.04.19 20:31:00 - [90]

Personally, I consider the whole security status system a joke. I wanted a high SS to show I was one of the good guys, but the gains are insanely slow. I'm not going to spend more than a few hours a week hunting NPCs, because it is BORING to sit and mindlessly kill for hours on end day after day.

What about significantly raising the SS gain for NPC kills, BUT also making it so that after any SS hit you can not GAIN status for a set amount of time (which varies by offense). So if you kill an innocent traveller's ship, you might not be able to gain SS for a couple days, and if you podkill someone you can't gain for a week. That would stop pirates from using NPCs to keep their status up and still be pirates, but would allow FORMER pirates a way to get their status back up. And it would also allow "law-abiding" citizens to get good positive status without having to camp NPCs constantly.
    Ishkur
    Ishkur

Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [91]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Ishkur
    Ishkur
    Policy Research Group

Posted - 2004.04.19 21:21:00 - [92]

I think that is a great idea. I even think it should steadily go up (at least to 0) if you've been a "good boy" and haven't done anything bad for a while. I do think that should take some time, though... Do the crime, do the time. It shouldn't happen in a few nights.

BUT, I'm still gonna keep yelling about this security status bug/exploit that allows you to pod-kill people and never take a security hit past 0.5%. That's lame as hell, and CCP needs to fix that first.

Hippey
    Hippey

Posted - 2004.04.19 22:36:00 - [93]

Quote:

I ask again.
    -------------------------------------------
    If you kill them, they will die!

Sport the war, war support
    The sport is war, total war
    When victory's really a massacre.
    The final swing is not a drill
    It's how many people I can kill!
    Hippey
    Hippey
    Minmatar
    Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.04.19 22:36:00 - [94]

Quote:

I ask again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do nothing to stop slavery, you do everything to support it
    dalman
    dalman

Posted - 2004.04.20 01:33:00 - [95]

Originally by: Hippey
    Quote:

I ask again.

Not soon (tm).
    Probably "in a year (tm)", I'd guess.

M.I.A. since 2004-07-30
    dalman
    dalman
    Finite Horizon

Posted - 2004.04.20 01:33:00 - [96]

Originally by: Hippey
    Quote:

I ask again.

Not soon (tm).
    Probably "in a year (tm)", I'd guess.

Am I forced to have any regret?
    I've become the lie, beautiful and free
    In my righteous own mind
    I adore and preach the insanity you gave to me
    DigitalCommunist
    DigitalCommunist

Posted - 2004.04.20 02:42:00 - [97]

Originally by: Teelmaster

Same happened to me, two fights put me at -2.2 for like 5 months.. I'm banned from 1.0 space, and i'm not even a pirate Crying or Very sad
    DigitalCommunist
    Evolution
    Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.20 02:42:00 - [98]

Originally by: Teelmaster

Same happened to me, two fights put me at -2.2 for like 5 months.. I'm banned from 1.0 space, and i'm not even a pirate Crying or Very sad

Purchasing Complex Fullerene Shards, contact me ingame.
    Fuse
    Fuse

Posted - 2004.04.20 05:36:00 - [99]

Damn Jovians are ugly. WTS a paper bag.
    Fuse
    Fuse
    Gallente
    Legion Of Light

Posted - 2004.04.20 05:36:00 - [100]

Damn Jovians are ugly. WTS a paper bag.
    s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [101]

The daily increase in standing was probably removed because people were abusing their Alts I.e. they were using an alt to kill people then would leave it till they could do the same again therefore they didn't have to work for the increase in standing that the alt gained.

I can understand why they introduced the 10-15min increases when killing NPC as people were abusing the previous method by chaining NPC in belts.

I must admit its alot harder to increase your security status now and most people in here understand how it works - therefore must understand the current consequences of killing players in empire space. So you do the crime therefore you do the time with all the other bad guys in low sec space Very Happy

Ok This is a bit harsh as I was in the same boat but went and worked my security rating back up. This took along time but if it didn't it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

Most people don't like the previous changes and CCP obviously realise this and thatÆs why TomB is trying to create a better balance between security gains and losses.

I have been on entropy as I said in one of my previous posts and didn't see much of a difference, which is not good, and not what I expected.

It would be good to see a new daily increase but maybe something CCP feels is more acceptable than the previous one. At the moment anything between 0 and 5 makes no difference to how you play therefore

Originally by: Ganja

WouldnÆt have much of an effect but might be worth considering in the future when positive ratings actually mean more in the game.

My views are that the original way things worked was best with the exclusion of the concord agents and that CCP should have reduced the daily increases making it less open to abuse. Also the same applies to killing NPC but it looks as if they are looking at that anywayVery Happy

s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [102]

Edited by: s73v3n2k on 20/04/2004 13:20:02
    For some reason it posted 2 Shocked so i deleted this one Laughing

s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k
    Caldari
    UK Corp
    Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [103]

The daily increase in standing was probably removed because people were abusing their Alts I.e. they were using an alt to kill people then would leave it till they could do the same again therefore they didn't have to work for the increase in standing that the alt gained.

I can understand why they introduced the 10-15min increases when killing NPC as people were abusing the previous method by chaining NPC in belts.

I must admit its alot harder to increase your security status now and most people in here understand how it works - therefore must understand the current consequences of killing players in empire space. So you do the crime therefore you do the time with all the other bad guys in low sec space Very Happy

Ok This is a bit harsh as I was in the same boat but went and worked my security rating back up. This took along time but if it didn't it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

Most people don't like the previous changes and CCP obviously realise this and thatÆs why TomB is trying to create a better balance between security gains and losses.

I have been on entropy as I said in one of my previous posts and didn't see much of a difference, which is not good, and not what I expected.

It would be good to see a new daily increase but maybe something CCP feels is more acceptable than the previous one. At the moment anything between 0 and 5 makes no difference to how you play therefore

Originally by: Ganja

WouldnÆt have much of an effect but might be worth considering in the future when positive ratings actually mean more in the game.

My views are that the original way things worked was best with the exclusion of the concord agents and that CCP should have reduced the daily increases making it less open to abuse. Also the same applies to killing NPC but it looks as if they are looking at that anywayVery Happy

s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k
    Caldari
    UK Corp
    Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.20 13:18:00 - [104]

Edited by: s73v3n2k on 20/04/2004 13:20:02
    For some reason it posted 2 Shocked so i deleted this one Laughing

Alkanine
    Alkanine

Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [105]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
    Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
    Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
    Alkanine
    Alkanine
    Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.21 00:37:00 - [106]

I know ill get flamed for this but whatever.

Alts need to go. Main characters should be able to be remade without an hour penalty so people can remake thier chars but alts must go. I know people would like to test out other races without deleting thier main account but alts are just a hinderance more then that anymore.

Alts are to blame for certain acts such as suicidal frigates.
    Alts are to blame for easy corp theft
    Alts are to blame for doing stuff without a punishment and having your main Benifit from it

and theres many more.

50% of the new rules in eve have been erected because of alts. All alts do is cause trouble name one time when alts have helped out eve. Thats not including the times people use thier alts to help themselves which I tend to think is plain ludicrous as well.

Alts do nothing good but allow you to explore new options and lets face it hardly anyone uses them for that. For the people that do use them for that reason I am sorry but its just an abused option that if it was removed we wouldnt have so many wierd rules such as this one erected.

Thats my opinion and ive argued it alot im not about to change it so if you want to respond dont do it with a flame. The only way for me to litsen to you is if you come up with a (valid) reason to keep alts. A really good one!
    SwitchBl4d3
    SwitchBl4d3

Posted - 2004.04.21 07:01:00 - [107]

2 of us took staurday morning then again in the evening killing NPC bs'hips and cruisers. i moved from -2.6 to -2.4 not to mention a massive walled increase. but this increase was only .1 with the precision rounding, The rounding that says your -5.0 when your really -4.9

TomB can u please fix the rounding and the other way players view your status. I know people getting a -4.9 just so they can live of loot found in a sentry gun massacre
    "Teh lord of Nonni"
    SwitchBl4d3
    SwitchBl4d3
    Infinitus Odium

Posted - 2004.04.21 07:01:00 - [108]

2 of us took staurday morning then again in the evening killing NPC bs'hips and cruisers. i moved from -2.6 to -2.4 not to mention a massive walled increase. but this increase was only .1 with the precision rounding, The rounding that says your -5.0 when your really -4.9

TomB can u please fix the rounding and the other way players view your status. I know people getting a -4.9 just so they can live of loot found in a sentry gun massacre

Originally by: Stavros
    BUNGLE IN JUNGLE? J tHX OMG YEAH CHICKEN WINGS K? LOLLER SKATESWIHT LUBE K?

MIUOINKEYT!!!
    XpoHoc
    XpoHoc

Posted - 2004.04.21 15:51:00 - [109]

TomB, this tiny tweak, the so called "improvement", isn't worth a thread.

XpoHoc
    XpoHoc
    Minmatar
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.21 15:51:00 - [110]

TomB, this tiny tweak, the so called "improvement", isn't worth a thread.

Heinrich Ludendorff
    Heinrich Ludendorff

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:33:00 - [111]

I don't think Security Status was meant to be like a skill that is trained in a few weeks. I do believe it is suppose to be something you earn over a long period of time. Like a friend you just met. Are you going to trust him completely after only a few weeks? Or does that kind of relationship take much longer to develope? If you will take an example from real life, good deeds go unnoticed mostly but bad deeds are splattered all over the news. I think most of you misunderstand the purpose of security status. It's just one of those things that people want bigger and faster. The only way I've seen security go down was when one player attacked another intentionally. If you are doing that then you deserve to be punished. I mean look at people in RL who do such things. Do they say to the cops "hey give me a break! Now I gotta do nice things to be considered a good person again and it will take weeks." Heh this sounds a little...pardon me a lot rediculous to me.
    Heinrich Ludendorff
    Heinrich Ludendorff
    Caldari
    Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:33:00 - [112]

I don't think Security Status was meant to be like a skill that is trained in a few weeks. I do believe it is suppose to be something you earn over a long period of time. Like a friend you just met. Are you going to trust him completely after only a few weeks? Or does that kind of relationship take much longer to develope? If you will take an example from real life, good deeds go unnoticed mostly but bad deeds are splattered all over the news. I think most of you misunderstand the purpose of security status. It's just one of those things that people want bigger and faster. The only way I've seen security go down was when one player attacked another intentionally. If you are doing that then you deserve to be punished. I mean look at people in RL who do such things. Do they say to the cops "hey give me a break! Now I gotta do nice things to be considered a good person again and it will take weeks." Heh this sounds a little...pardon me a lot rediculous to me.
    Heinrich Ludendorff
    Heinrich Ludendorff

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:41:00 - [113]

Originally by: Alkanine

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.
    Heinrich Ludendorff
    Heinrich Ludendorff
    Caldari
    Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:41:00 - [114]

Well I find no use for alts really considering you can train any skill with one character and you can only train one character at a time anyway. I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to train more than one character anyway. The only problem I find with your statement is that I've met people who have more than one account. So alt or no alt, people will find a way around any solution to this particular problem anyway.
    Alkanine
    Alkanine

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [115]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused
    Alkanine
    Alkanine
    Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.22 02:43:00 - [116]

True but still that doesnt make alts usefull. Seriously if people want to spend another 12 bucks a month just so they can get away with a few tricks they deserve it Confused
    sableye
    sableye

Posted - 2004.04.22 03:00:00 - [117]

security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing, at this rate its only going to take me about 3 years to get back to negative, also the security increases given don't seem to follow any order that I can work out and some pirates don't even seem to give increases at all.
    sableye
    sableye
    principle of motion

Posted - 2004.04.22 03:00:00 - [118]

security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing, at this rate its only going to take me about 3 years to get back to negative, also the security increases given don't seem to follow any order that I can work out and some pirates don't even seem to give increases at all.

Join The Fight With Promo Today
    s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k

Posted - 2004.04.22 12:45:00 - [119]

Originally by: sableye
    security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

s73v3n2k
    s73v3n2k
    Caldari
    UK Corp
    Lotka Volterra

Posted - 2004.04.22 12:45:00 - [120]

security status is a joke after about 11 days of fighting quite alot of npc's I've gained +0.02 in security standing.

This is very odd as i can easily get my sec status up by +0.05 after a 3-4 hours of killing 30k rats in Oipo or Yoma (which are nice spawns). Have you considered killing rats bigger than your drones?

Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y

Posted - 2004.04.22 13:59:00 - [121]

Stuff a 10min cap just put a daily cap on so you can only gain x sec status from killing
    x frigates in 24 hours
    x sec status from x cruisers
    x sec status from x battleships

Surley there gotta be a decent way of doing it that way... at least then people can get their sec satus and do something else rather than wait 10mins to kill the next rat =/
    -----------------------

K4rls 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I perfectly strikes Republic Fleet Testing Facilities, wrecking for 1395.9 damage
    Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y
    Gallente
    The Scope

Posted - 2004.04.22 13:59:00 - [122]

Stuff a 10min cap just put a daily cap on so you can only gain x sec status from killing
    x frigates in 24 hours

Surley there gotta be a decent way of doing it that way... at least then people can get their sec satus and do something else rather than wait 10mins to kill the next rat =/
    -----------------------

Signature edited. That image is erm.. a little inappropriate ^^. Please make one a little less gruesome :). - Teblin.
    Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y

Posted - 2004.04.22 14:03:00 - [123]

x frigates in 24 hours

-----------------------

Dezzyb0y
    Dezzyb0y
    Gallente
    The Scope

Posted - 2004.04.22 14:03:00 - [124]

x frigates in 24 hours

-----------------------

sableye
    sableye

Posted - 2004.04.22 17:20:00 - [125]

Originally by: s73v3n2k

I can't take on a 30k npc's and win I can barely kill 8k npc's and thats if I'm lucky enough to find them, I'm still a newish player been playing 16 days or so and I started life as a miner so I spent most time training them skill, I have'nt trained hardly anything on gunnery yet but I am now since I have too.
    sableye
    sableye
    principle of motion

Posted - 2004.04.22 17:20:00 - [126]

Originally by: s73v3n2k

I can't take on a 30k npc's and win I can barely kill 8k npc's and thats if I'm lucky enough to find them, I'm still a newish player been playing 16 days or so and I started life as a miner so I spent most time training them skill, I have'nt trained hardly anything on gunnery yet but I am now since I have too.

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.22 19:44:00 - [127]

Originally by: Heinrich Ludendorff

I use three chars and I know alot of people that do the same.

1st char is a ceo of a corp
    2nd char is tenachas gimp and in a different corp
    3rd char is meCool

there are probably 40k accounts and out of those 40k accounts there is probablyt less than 500 people who abuse them and alot more who utilise the three chars.

ccp should just make it impossible to target people in 1.0

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.22 19:44:00 - [128]

Originally by: Heinrich Ludendorff

I use three chars and I know alot of people that do the same.

1st char is a ceo of a corp
    2nd char is tenachas gimp and in a different corp
    3rd char is meCool

there are probably 40k accounts and out of those 40k accounts there is probablyt less than 500 people who abuse them and alot more who utilise the three chars.

ccp should just make it impossible to target people in 1.0
    Chepe Nolon
    Chepe Nolon

Posted - 2004.04.26 10:18:00 - [129]

Why not make a history of sec hits. If you tend to do the right thing more often, an 'accident' shouldn't bring down the security too much. But if you have a long history of "bad moves", you should have a hard time getting back on track.

I understand the bounty hunters or those that had to defend themselves vs pirates, but I think people in corps like m0o and c0w should be banned from high sec for a long time. IMHO. Or else people could kill and kill and then say "sorry, didn't mean it, please return my sec status back to 2.0" and then kill again. If you have chosen a path, you got to stay on it.
    Chepe Nolon
    Chepe Nolon
    Core Domination
    Big Bang Quantum

Posted - 2004.04.26 10:18:00 - [130]

Why not make a history of sec hits. If you tend to do the right thing more often, an 'accident' shouldn't bring down the security too much. But if you have a long history of "bad moves", you should have a hard time getting back on track.

I understand the bounty hunters or those that had to defend themselves vs pirates, but I think people in corps like m0o and c0w should be banned from high sec for a long time. IMHO. Or else people could kill and kill and then say "sorry, didn't mean it, please return my sec status back to 2.0" and then kill again. If you have chosen a path, you got to stay on it.

Chepe Nolon
    --
    My notes about agent missions.
    Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.04.27 22:00:00 - [131]

Originally by: Chepe Nolon

I agree, but only if all npc hunters got banned from 0.0

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.04.27 22:00:00 - [132]

Originally by: Chepe Nolon

I agree, but only if all npc hunters got banned from 0.0
    Arius Jordani
    Arius Jordani

Posted - 2004.04.28 11:31:00 - [133]

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, or has been said already, but I think system security exclusions should work both ways.

Pirates are currently excluded from hi sec space based on sec status - so in a similar way, why not try these two changes in addition - call it a "Security Passport" :-

(a) High sec status (aka experienced fighters) excluded from 1.0, 0.9, 0.8 progressively based on their sec, and
    (b) Noobs are excluded from 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 progressively based on their sec

(a) would hopefully kick the veteran strip miners out of safe space (giving real noobs something to mine), and (b) would force noobs to learn the game properly before venturing out, and prevent the unsavoury act of using alt scouts in 0.0 and force experienced players to do their own (main char) dirty work, and not hide behind noobness shield. Pirates - it would also increase the attractiveness of indy pilots in 0.0 - coz an experienced player has more to lose.

The only concession would be you would need "bypasses" round 1.0 systems that are on highway to avoid screwing travel of hi (and low) sec players.

If I am right, with the pirates already hampered this would push more experienced fighters in their direction, improve prospects of retaining noobs, and stop unscrupulous persons "mis"-using alt characters in 0.0.

Ok, fire up your flame throwers ...Very Happy
    Arius Jordani
    Arius Jordani

Posted - 2004.04.28 11:31:00 - [134]

Sorry if this is a little off-topic, or has been said already, but I think system security exclusions should work both ways.

Pirates are currently excluded from hi sec space based on sec status - so in a similar way, why not try these two changes in addition - call it a "Security Passport" :-

(a) High sec status (aka experienced fighters) excluded from 1.0, 0.9, 0.8 progressively based on their sec, and
    (b) Noobs are excluded from 0.0, 0.1, 0.2 progressively based on their sec

(a) would hopefully kick the veteran strip miners out of safe space (giving real noobs something to mine), and (b) would force noobs to learn the game properly before venturing out, and prevent the unsavoury act of using alt scouts in 0.0 and force experienced players to do their own (main char) dirty work, and not hide behind noobness shield. Pirates - it would also increase the attractiveness of indy pilots in 0.0 - coz an experienced player has more to lose.

The only concession would be you would need "bypasses" round 1.0 systems that are on highway to avoid screwing travel of hi (and low) sec players.

If I am right, with the pirates already hampered this would push more experienced fighters in their direction, improve prospects of retaining noobs, and stop unscrupulous persons "mis"-using alt characters in 0.0.

Ok, fire up your flame throwers ...Very Happy
    Sassinak
    Sassinak

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:01:00 - [135]

Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:12:04
    Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:10:06
    Originally by: vanBuskirk
    Quote:

Actually when I first went to -10 it took me about 2 hours. It then took me 3 months to get it back. He is talking about how the system was bfore hand, now its even worse.

Why you follow the pirates around threads sayin they are just griefing pieces of ****, flame them, post how lame they are and how they ruin everyones game experience when people mostly say how they enrich everyones game experience. Keep mining that Veldspar Kiddo, Stupid Carebear IdiotTwisted Evil

Unplug your keyboard.

Originally by: TomB
    Info

The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

PS: I dont really care how the sec system works as long as it works. ive been -1.4 now for like 3 months. I also dont like NPC hunting(It bores me) so why should that be the only way of gain?
    Sass
    Arcane Technologies
    Sassinak
    Sassinak
    Arcane Technologies

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:01:00 - [136]

Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:12:04
    Edited by: Sassinak on 29/04/2004 10:10:06
    Originally by: vanBuskirk
    Quote:

Actually when I first went to -10 it took me about 2 hours. It then took me 3 months to get it back. He is talking about how the system was bfore hand, now its even worse.

Why you follow the pirates around threads sayin they are just griefing pieces of ****, flame them, post how lame they are and how they ruin everyones game experience when people mostly say how they enrich everyones game experience. Keep mining that Veldspar Kiddo, Stupid Carebear IdiotTwisted Evil

Unplug your keyboard.

Originally by: TomB
    Info

The max security gain possible is 5.0, increasing security status above 5.0 will only be possible later through introduction of CONCORD agents

You can only gain security status once per 10 minutes and the highest security gain is what counts, this was mostly done to ease the load on the server but should also prevents people getting more security status for killing more small NPC's per minute than could kill big NPC's.

PS: I dont really care how the sec system works as long as it works. ive been -1.4 now for like 3 months. I also dont like NPC hunting(It bores me) so why should that be the only way of gain?
    Sass
    Arcane Technologies
    sutty
    sutty

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:48:00 - [137]

Curse is angels land right ? so if you was to kill a player with +5.00 to the angels you would gain +0.1 or somthing sec status.

same goes for people with + to other pirate factions, if you kill them you get a sec increase, but only if in 0.0 space. Not many people have +sec with pirate factions but it would be somthing else to help.
    sutty
    sutty
    Amarr
    Evolution

Posted - 2004.04.29 10:48:00 - [138]

Curse is angels land right ? so if you was to kill a player with +5.00 to the angels you would gain +0.1 or somthing sec status.

same goes for people with + to other pirate factions, if you kill them you get a sec increase, but only if in 0.0 space. Not many people have +sec with pirate factions but it would be somthing else to help.
    toaster
    toaster

Posted - 2004.04.29 12:41:00 - [139]

Originally by: Drewdatrip
    Quote:

|Drew|

but this is not real life, it's a game. Most ingame pirates do not stick up banks or mug people in real life. It's a role ingame.

I personally think the 0.1 increase per day was quite fair, especially for the hit you take when pod killing.
    ------------------------------------------------

toaster
    toaster
    The Cursed Navy
    Apocalyptica.

Posted - 2004.04.29 12:41:00 - [140]

Originally by: Drewdatrip
    Quote:

|Drew|

but this is not real life, it's a game. Most ingame pirates do not stick up banks or mug people in real life. It's a role ingame.

I personally think the 0.1 increase per day was quite fair, especially for the hit you take when pod killing.
    ------------------------------------------------

Cao Cao
    Cao Cao

Posted - 2004.04.29 23:19:00 - [141]

Sec status mechanism right now is BULL****. TomB. A small tweak is not in order. A MAJOR REWORKING should come in AND VERY SOON. Notice that wasn't SoonÖ, I SAID SOON AS IN NEXT PATCH.

Simply doubling the gain by NPC hunting isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say bud. You are gonna have to implement some different ways of regaining sec status other than NPC hunting, which is why I hate other types of MMORPG games. Also PLEASE reintroduce the 0.1 per day gain, that isn't a huge amount and it still would take 3.3 months to go from -10.0 back to 0.0, which is an ETERNITY in game-time.

TomB this is one of the most pressing issues right now, IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

v/r

Cao

Cao Cao
    Cao Cao
    Caldari
    S.A.S

Posted - 2004.04.29 23:19:00 - [142]

Sec status mechanism right now is BULL****. TomB. A small tweak is not in order. A MAJOR REWORKING should come in AND VERY SOON. Notice that wasn't SoonÖ, I SAID SOON AS IN NEXT PATCH.

Simply doubling the gain by NPC hunting isn't gonna cut it, sorry to say bud. You are gonna have to implement some different ways of regaining sec status other than NPC hunting, which is why I hate other types of MMORPG games. Also PLEASE reintroduce the 0.1 per day gain, that isn't a huge amount and it still would take 3.3 months to go from -10.0 back to 0.0, which is an ETERNITY in game-time.

TomB this is one of the most pressing issues right now, IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED.

v/r

Cao

fras
    fras

Posted - 2004.04.30 10:20:00 - [143]

I kind of agree that the sec decay needs to come back. Bar wars empire space is virtually free of pvp combat because people are scared of dropping below a certain ss.
    You need a BS and lots of time to make any kind of in-roads atm. Needing a BS and half that amount of time isn't a huge improvement, and for some people chaining a spawn isn't very exciting either.
    fras
    fras
    Amarr

Posted - 2004.04.30 10:20:00 - [144]

I kind of agree that the sec decay needs to come back. Bar wars empire space is virtually free of pvp combat because people are scared of dropping below a certain ss.
    You need a BS and lots of time to make any kind of in-roads atm. Needing a BS and half that amount of time isn't a huge improvement, and for some people chaining a spawn isn't very exciting either.
    Necrome
    Necrome

Posted - 2004.05.01 11:37:00 - [145]

my security stauts aint changed i was chaining the other nite, aobut 50 cruisers killed(including mine) and my sec only went up by 0.00004353453, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

' Be alive when ever you can'
    Necrome
    Necrome
    Caldari
    Casting Shadows

Posted - 2004.05.01 11:37:00 - [146]

my security stauts aint changed i was chaining the other nite, aobut 50 cruisers killed(including mine) and my sec only went up by 0.00004353453, WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

Belshazzur Nephilim
    Belshazzur Nephilim

Posted - 2004.05.07 15:27:00 - [147]

All I can say is that I'm extremely disgusted.

My sec status was lowered to -2.3 back in September 2003 due to splash damage to drones and a jump gate and I'm STILL suffering from it.
    I have great difficulty obtaining a good quality mission agent and it's as if I'm in limbo for a mistake I made 7 month ago!!!! I don't think my tenure in Eve should be penalized for something I did 7 months ago by accident. My game experience for the last several months since the Tech 2 patch has been an emotional downer and I don't enjoy playing Eve like I used to. It's like the game has been altered to make it easier to become and stay as a pirate. Recently I've been learning to enjoy other games while CCP sits on their behinds and crawl to a solution on this issue. I'm here for the long duration for certain, hoping to see this thing get fixed right.

CCP needs to address this quick.
    --------------------------
    Belshazzur Nephilim
    O-N-C-O-R
    Oracles of the Nephilim

Belshazzur Nephilim
    Belshazzur Nephilim
    Caldari

Posted - 2004.05.07 15:27:00 - [148]

All I can say is that I'm extremely disgusted.

My sec status was lowered to -2.3 back in September 2003 due to splash damage to drones and a jump gate and I'm STILL suffering from it.
    I have great difficulty obtaining a good quality mission agent and it's as if I'm in limbo for a mistake I made 7 month ago!!!! I don't think my tenure in Eve should be penalized for something I did 7 months ago by accident. My game experience for the last several months since the Tech 2 patch has been an emotional downer and I don't enjoy playing Eve like I used to. It's like the game has been altered to make it easier to become and stay as a pirate. Recently I've been learning to enjoy other games while CCP sits on their behinds and crawl to a solution on this issue. I'm here for the long duration for certain, hoping to see this thing get fixed right.

CCP needs to address this quick.
    --------------------------
    Belshazzur Nephilim
    O-N-C-O-R
    Oracles of the Nephilim

Fragm
    Fragm

Posted - 2004.05.08 14:30:00 - [149]

What is the point of having space where there are not police in it when they make the consquience of killing people to high!!! I say CCP put police in .4 or lower and have done with it OR CHANGE THE SYSTEM how ever we look at it CCP want to make it look to ppl that .4 or belower is risky space when it is not going to be I have had to stop killing ppl as i sit at -5 with a 10 mil bounty so in order for me to sort it out i have to NPC boring as hell! and now the ppl floating by where i am are safe as they would be in yulai all because if i go lower i can be attacked anyware any how IT IS COMPLETE BULL**** AND .4 SPACE IS PRETTY MUCH AS SAFE AS YULAI NOW! COME AND GET YOUR GOOD ORES CCP LOVE CAREBEARS

Where is the the justice for pirates we are a dying race.

Arrow likes to kill
    ArrowCCP likes to be carebearing

same post that i put in a diffrent topic about sec status!
    IT HAS GOT TO CHANGE ASAP OR EVE WILL BE A CARE BEAR SPECIAL GAME AND ALL PIRATES WILL LEAVE AS I SAY NO POINT IN HAVING .4 SPACE OR BELOW. I dont actually mind the fact i can not got to high sec empire space i do mind the fact that ppl can take pot shots at me with no cover from the gate what so ever. it is a skill to hunt and kill ppl in pvp and i have been outnumbered in many occasions and won most i have also lost a few times. it is a big enough risk being a pirate on the hunt as it is, why would ccp want to make it not worth the trouble when we add to the market sales of builders and miners and also keep ppl on there toes when in .4 well i urge all pirates to POST AS MUCH AS WE CAN UNTIL AN ACCEPTABLE RESOLVE IS MADE Evil or Very Mad

ArrowNEVER PODDED COME AND GET SOME!
    ArrowHAVE YOU BEEN KILLED BY FRAG?
    Cao Cao > Alright well I checked the logs, and I got wtfpwned, I admit I was wrong, nice kill guys

OK i made a post Flame away
    Fragm
    Fragm
    Caldari
    Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.08 14:30:00 - [150]

What is the point of having space where there are not police in it when they make the consquience of killing people to high!!! I say CCP put police in .4 or lower and have done with it OR CHANGE THE SYSTEM how ever we look at it CCP want to make it look to ppl that .4 or belower is risky space when it is not going to be I have had to stop killing ppl as i sit at -5 with a 10 mil bounty so in order for me to sort it out i have to NPC boring as hell! and now the ppl floating by where i am are safe as they would be in yulai all because if i go lower i can be attacked anyware any how IT IS COMPLETE BULL**** AND .4 SPACE IS PRETTY MUCH AS SAFE AS YULAI NOW! COME AND GET YOUR GOOD ORES CCP LOVE CAREBEARS

Where is the the justice for pirates we are a dying race.

Arrow likes to kill
    ArrowCCP likes to be carebearing

same post that i put in a diffrent topic about sec status!
    IT HAS GOT TO CHANGE ASAP OR EVE WILL BE A CARE BEAR SPECIAL GAME AND ALL PIRATES WILL LEAVE AS I SAY NO POINT IN HAVING .4 SPACE OR BELOW. I dont actually mind the fact i can not got to high sec empire space i do mind the fact that ppl can take pot shots at me with no cover from the gate what so ever. it is a skill to hunt and kill ppl in pvp and i have been outnumbered in many occasions and won most i have also lost a few times. it is a big enough risk being a pirate on the hunt as it is, why would ccp want to make it not worth the trouble when we add to the market sales of builders and miners and also keep ppl on there toes when in .4 well i urge all pirates to POST AS MUCH AS WE CAN UNTIL AN ACCEPTABLE RESOLVE IS MADE Evil or Very Mad

ArrowNEVER PODDED COME AND GET SOME!
    ArrowHAVE YOU BEEN KILLED BY FRAG?
    Cao Cao > Alright well I checked the logs, and I got wtfpwned, I admit I was wrong, nice kill guys

OK i made a post Flame away
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.09 02:19:00 - [151]

Let me just say before I begin that I've read this whole topic and I've seen a lot of good points made. Let me also add that I am a miner and trader, with level 1 medium hybrid and sharpshooter 1 for my most powerful gunnery skills, though my skill points are in the millions. Obviously I don't care for PvP and I would prefer to avoid as much combat as possible for now and quite some time in the future. This is not to say, however, that I am a 'carebear' or some whiney noob looking to avoid anything at all exciting. Quite the contrary.

Pirates are an important part of the game, that's just the way it is. Ying and yang, black and white, good and evil, you have to have one to have the other. Not to mention their importance to eve politics, corporations, alliances and the market! And just plain keeping the game exciting. I could list all the reasons but it would make this post too long; contact me if you want them all. And let me just say that those who claim it ruins the game experience.. speak for yourself. Perhaps this game is not for you; too bad EnB isn't around anymore it would have been good for you.

I also agree with the statements made that benefits need to be added for both positive and negative status. And that a decay of negative status would be good to bring back, seeing as 0.01 per day is piddle considering that a month is a huge amount of game-time and it will only net you a 3.0 increase..
    And I think it would be an excellent idea if we did as Chepe Nolon suggested and make the decay scaled to your history of violent offenses. Perhaps for people with no history, 0.01 decay, bad history down to 0.005 and cap it to -0.1, and good history up to 0.02. This would protect those who accidently killed or killed in defense, and so on. It would also establish those who desire to remain pirates in the long term, who obviously shouldn't care about their sec status. I think it would be fairly simple to put in an extra variable or two that just count the number of previous offenses and against what sec status folks they were commited against, and the decay could be graded against that. Also, fix that bug where people can be high sec and avoid hits to sec when killing..that's a nasty one.

The ten minute period, highest bounty sec gain doesn't seem right to me. After all, what about when frigates get more useful soon, and what about newbies, etc? After all, killing a whole bunch of new recruits into evil-doing is as good law-keeping as knocking out a big nob. However even Dezzyb0y's good suggestion of daily npc ship class based cap doesn't neccisarily cut it, as it still means limitations based on experience level of the pilot. So.. lets add on to that and ask.. what if you made your sec status increase based not on what you accomplish but how much time and effort you put into it? After all is that not more a measurement of your dedication to preserving peace than how big the baddy you killed is? So keep a time based function, but make it something like this:

- Let us say for convenience sake 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 represent five different amounts of sec gain.
    - Now say that each npc pirate you've killed gives you one of these five point levels.
    - If you are flying a frigate you get 3 points for killing an npc frigate of low level (2-8 say for caldari), 4 for killing mid level, and 5 for killing the biggest frigate pirates.
    - A cruiser pilot would gain just 2 points for any but the most powerful frigates, 3 points for the most powerful frigate, 4 points for the lower half of difficulty in npc cruisers and 5 for the largest and most brutal.
    - The same goes for battleships. 1 point for any frigate, 2 points for all but the most powerful cruisers, 3 points for the most powerful cruisers, 4 for low to mid difficulty battleship npcs and 5 for the most powerful of those. Include interceptors in either 4 or 5 points.

You could also include a warmup timer which reduces all point gains by 50% or merely to 1, if you don't earn a certain amount every 10-20 minutes, which would prevent miners (which can be either neutral, pirates themselves or fine upstanding citizens) from taking advantage of these pirate hunter gains whilst they are merely protecting themselves as they tear asteroid belts to shreds. Obviously all of these numbers are comletely arbirary but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

The rest wont fit in this window so..thats it for this post.
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.09 02:19:00 - [152]

Let me just say before I begin that I've read this whole topic and I've seen a lot of good points made. Let me also add that I am a miner and trader, with level 1 medium hybrid and sharpshooter 1 for my most powerful gunnery skills, though my skill points are in the millions. Obviously I don't care for PvP and I would prefer to avoid as much combat as possible for now and quite some time in the future. This is not to say, however, that I am a 'carebear' or some whiney noob looking to avoid anything at all exciting. Quite the contrary.

Pirates are an important part of the game, that's just the way it is. Ying and yang, black and white, good and evil, you have to have one to have the other. Not to mention their importance to eve politics, corporations, alliances and the market! And just plain keeping the game exciting. I could list all the reasons but it would make this post too long; contact me if you want them all. And let me just say that those who claim it ruins the game experience.. speak for yourself. Perhaps this game is not for you; too bad EnB isn't around anymore it would have been good for you.

I also agree with the statements made that benefits need to be added for both positive and negative status. And that a decay of negative status would be good to bring back, seeing as 0.01 per day is piddle considering that a month is a huge amount of game-time and it will only net you a 3.0 increase..
    And I think it would be an excellent idea if we did as Chepe Nolon suggested and make the decay scaled to your history of violent offenses. Perhaps for people with no history, 0.01 decay, bad history down to 0.005 and cap it to -0.1, and good history up to 0.02. This would protect those who accidently killed or killed in defense, and so on. It would also establish those who desire to remain pirates in the long term, who obviously shouldn't care about their sec status. I think it would be fairly simple to put in an extra variable or two that just count the number of previous offenses and against what sec status folks they were commited against, and the decay could be graded against that. Also, fix that bug where people can be high sec and avoid hits to sec when killing..that's a nasty one.

The ten minute period, highest bounty sec gain doesn't seem right to me. After all, what about when frigates get more useful soon, and what about newbies, etc? After all, killing a whole bunch of new recruits into evil-doing is as good law-keeping as knocking out a big nob. However even Dezzyb0y's good suggestion of daily npc ship class based cap doesn't neccisarily cut it, as it still means limitations based on experience level of the pilot. So.. lets add on to that and ask.. what if you made your sec status increase based not on what you accomplish but how much time and effort you put into it? After all is that not more a measurement of your dedication to preserving peace than how big the baddy you killed is? So keep a time based function, but make it something like this:

- Let us say for convenience sake 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 represent five different amounts of sec gain.
    - Now say that each npc pirate you've killed gives you one of these five point levels.
    - If you are flying a frigate you get 3 points for killing an npc frigate of low level (2-8 say for caldari), 4 for killing mid level, and 5 for killing the biggest frigate pirates.
    - A cruiser pilot would gain just 2 points for any but the most powerful frigates, 3 points for the most powerful frigate, 4 points for the lower half of difficulty in npc cruisers and 5 for the largest and most brutal.
    - The same goes for battleships. 1 point for any frigate, 2 points for all but the most powerful cruisers, 3 points for the most powerful cruisers, 4 for low to mid difficulty battleship npcs and 5 for the most powerful of those. Include interceptors in either 4 or 5 points.

You could also include a warmup timer which reduces all point gains by 50% or merely to 1, if you don't earn a certain amount every 10-20 minutes, which would prevent miners (which can be either neutral, pirates themselves or fine upstanding citizens) from taking advantage of these pirate hunter gains whilst they are merely protecting themselves as they tear asteroid belts to shreds. Obviously all of these numbers are comletely arbirary but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

The rest wont fit in this window so..thats it for this post.

Posted - 2004.05.09 21:57:00 - [153]

I have now joined the stats...again as a outlaws...I'm at -4.4 atm...and last time ...Months and months ago I was at or near this I Npced for like 20 hours and was back to 0.0 stats..now I cant move it worth crap..I have npced for like 24 hours now..and hasnt moved hardly at all...Come on CCP...if screw over..pirates like this..you will have alot of people leaving to find something else..which I dont want to see...So please...let fix this problem...eve lives off pirates...So please fix it ..thats all I ask...you have been giving into the carebears...all this time...PLEASE do something for the pirates....FIX this is all I ask...as a pirate...and a customer.

-swish
    swisher
    swisher
    The Lost Souls

Posted - 2004.05.09 21:57:00 - [154]

I have now joined the stats...again as a outlaws...I'm at -4.4 atm...and last time ...Months and months ago I was at or near this I Npced for like 20 hours and was back to 0.0 stats..now I cant move it worth crap..I have npced for like 24 hours now..and hasnt moved hardly at all...Come on CCP...if screw over..pirates like this..you will have alot of people leaving to find something else..which I dont want to see...So please...let fix this problem...eve lives off pirates...So please fix it ..thats all I ask...you have been giving into the carebears...all this time...PLEASE do something for the pirates....FIX this is all I ask...as a pirate...and a customer.

-swish
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.10 02:30:00 - [155]

If I might ask..you're a pirate right? So why do you need to raise your security status again after working so hard to lower it?
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.10 02:30:00 - [156]

If I might ask..you're a pirate right? So why do you need to raise your security status again after working so hard to lower it?

Posted - 2004.05.10 03:48:00 - [157]

Edited by: swisher on 10/05/2004 03:54:26
    Originally by: Iynara Maeral

Because I want to be a carebear and mine...havent done that yet..would like to do something different but with my current stats it isnt working out to well... :)

But whatever reasons...we have...the security gains needs to be done..because if you can kill a ship get a neg gain then you need to get that % back when you kill the same size ship(NPC)..only seems fair..dont you think...just saying there need to be a balance here in the system..because currently its messed up and I would hate to see another Zombie tactic go down...because..people can't handle only so much before breaking..

-swish

I dont mind being hunted...but due to the map I cant go into other systems that I need to go to within a reasonable time...so why not make it where if you have a really bad sec rating you can go thru .7 - .01 but just be KOS but not have concord kill you only players...if you attack a player then concord comes in...because..if you screw over the pirates life..what fun will eve be then...why not just rename it to EVESims online...hopeful it wont come to that...becuase I think some CCP pirate dude up there just hasnt had his time to speak yet and get things done because of all the Carebear..CCP people that have no life that want just a peaceful world...well thats life..

swisher
    swisher
    The Lost Souls

Posted - 2004.05.10 03:48:00 - [158]

Edited by: swisher on 10/05/2004 03:54:26

Because I want to be a carebear and mine...havent done that yet..would like to do something different but with my current stats it isnt working out to well... :)

But whatever reasons...we have...the security gains needs to be done..because if you can kill a ship get a neg gain then you need to get that % back when you kill the same size ship(NPC)..only seems fair..dont you think...just saying there need to be a balance here in the system..because currently its messed up and I would hate to see another Zombie tactic go down...because..people can't handle only so much before breaking..

-swish

I dont mind being hunted...but due to the map I cant go into other systems that I need to go to within a reasonable time...so why not make it where if you have a really bad sec rating you can go thru .7 - .01 but just be KOS but not have concord kill you only players...if you attack a player then concord comes in...because..if you screw over the pirates life..what fun will eve be then...why not just rename it to EVESims online...hopeful it wont come to that...becuase I think some CCP pirate dude up there just hasnt had his time to speak yet and get things done because of all the Carebear..CCP people that have no life that want just a peaceful world...well thats life..

Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.10 04:18:00 - [159]

Edited by: Iynara Maeral on 10/05/2004 04:41:32
    You mean if you kill a player pilot in a Battleship and then go kill an npc battleship, you should gain back what you lost for killing the player? O.o

You see the thing is.. I can't see there is any need for 'breaking' of any sort. Smile
    I thought some of the suggestions given so far have been excellent, yes. But I also think the current system while frustratingly bugged, isn't the absolute horror everyone claims it to be, and CCP is certainly is doing their best to please everyone as that's whats most profitable for them (most ppl aren't carebears beleive it or not, and most people pvp in one way or another). If you pod and kill and steal and murder and so on, you can expect punishment, that's the way it is and no honest person can disagree with that. If you 'accidently' kill someone you sill get punished, you just need to learn to be careful, and hopefully you do. It's not even much of a punishment, to be honest.. 0.0 space is the most profitable space in all of eve and you can do as you please there. I myself am getting very bored of empire space.

The one thing I will say is worth complaining about is the sentry gun range. I mean if you're going to dare travel through low security space, there should be some risk.. otherwise it's boring. Miners shouldn't be the only ones allowed to be in danger in low sec space.

--

Updated:

Isn't there a system in place that allows people of certain levels of negative sec status to go into progressivly lower sec systems? I beleive its something like ever 0.05 you drop its one sec level. so someone at -2.0 should be able to go through 0.5
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.10 04:18:00 - [160]

Edited by: Iynara Maeral on 10/05/2004 04:41:32
    You mean if you kill a player pilot in a Battleship and then go kill an npc battleship, you should gain back what you lost for killing the player? O.o

You see the thing is.. I can't see there is any need for 'breaking' of any sort. Smile
    I thought some of the suggestions given so far have been excellent, yes. But I also think the current system while frustratingly bugged, isn't the absolute horror everyone claims it to be, and CCP is certainly is doing their best to please everyone as that's whats most profitable for them (most ppl aren't carebears beleive it or not, and most people pvp in one way or another). If you pod and kill and steal and murder and so on, you can expect punishment, that's the way it is and no honest person can disagree with that. If you 'accidently' kill someone you sill get punished, you just need to learn to be careful, and hopefully you do. It's not even much of a punishment, to be honest.. 0.0 space is the most profitable space in all of eve and you can do as you please there. I myself am getting very bored of empire space.

The one thing I will say is worth complaining about is the sentry gun range. I mean if you're going to dare travel through low security space, there should be some risk.. otherwise it's boring. Miners shouldn't be the only ones allowed to be in danger in low sec space.

--

Updated:

Isn't there a system in place that allows people of certain levels of negative sec status to go into progressivly lower sec systems? I beleive its something like ever 0.05 you drop its one sec level. so someone at -2.0 should be able to go through 0.5

Posted - 2004.05.10 06:49:00 - [161]

-25% for just one shoot not even podding...and this should be right?

0,00069%+ for a npc...do ya think it's close?

Ohhhh iyayaayaya puff ohh iyaayaya puff puff
    PVR =Player vs Roid! Burr, scary peps!!!
    FoRGyL
    FoRGyL
    Beer and Kebabs
    Pirate Coalition

Posted - 2004.05.10 06:49:00 - [162]

-25% for just one shoot not even podding...and this should be right?

0,00069%+ for a npc...do ya think it's close?

Pay or don't!
    Bible Dave
    Bible Dave

Posted - 2004.05.10 08:17:00 - [163]

For a little comparison my sec rating went from -4.9 to -9.0 last night in 3 hours ....

A few hours hard NPC chain killing there to get that back ..... loooool

www.dav3r.co.uk << my home page
    Bible Dave
    Bible Dave
    Serial Killers
    Privateer Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.10 08:17:00 - [164]

For a little comparison my sec rating went from -4.9 to -9.0 last night in 3 hours ....

A few hours hard NPC chain killing there to get that back ..... loooool
    lordmix
    lordmix

Posted - 2004.05.10 11:40:00 - [165]

well check this i kill one persons ship and pod. i get -5% for ship kill got this 3 times, bit only killed him once Rolling Eyes after i poded him i got -12% 3 times as well i only remmber killing his pod once wtf is this about i was on -3.9 and after that little kill i am on -5.6 ccp sort it out now!!!

lordmix
    lordmix
    Caldari
    GoonFleet
    GoonSwarm

Posted - 2004.05.10 11:40:00 - [166]

well check this i kill one persons ship and pod. i get -5% for ship kill got this 3 times, bit only killed him once Rolling Eyes after i poded him i got -12% 3 times as well i only remmber killing his pod once wtf is this about i was on -3.9 and after that little kill i am on -5.6 ccp sort it out now!!!
    -------
    Your signature is too big. The size limits for signature graphics are 120 pixels by 400 pixels, and no more than 24,000 bytes (not kbytes) - Karass Sayfo
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.10 17:29:00 - [167]

Edited by: Iynara Maeral on 10/05/2004 17:31:32
    I'm not sure you folks are getting this so I'll go over it one last time Smile

It is thoroughly and spectacularly unreasonable to expect that if you kill someone innocent, you can break even by killing someone who flies the same ship who is a pirate. If so I would be a mass murderer just because of all the morons who have frustrated me throughout my life. Very Happy

It is also unreasonable that -anyone- pirate or not, should not expect a heavy sentance for the attempted murder or successful murder of an innocent. The ship and life of an innocent is worth countless thousands fold the ship and life of a pirate.

What is so terrible about a pirate losing sec status, that just means you're doing a good job. What amazing use does a pirate have for security status if he's going to be pirating anyway? Smile Raise sec, kill.. raise sec, kill.. seems so very tedious and pointless to me. Enlighten me :D
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.10 17:29:00 - [168]

Edited by: Iynara Maeral on 10/05/2004 17:31:32
    I'm not sure you folks are getting this so I'll go over it one last time Smile

It is thoroughly and spectacularly unreasonable to expect that if you kill someone innocent, you can break even by killing someone who flies the same ship who is a pirate. If so I would be a mass murderer just because of all the morons who have frustrated me throughout my life. Very Happy

It is also unreasonable that -anyone- pirate or not, should not expect a heavy sentance for the attempted murder or successful murder of an innocent. The ship and life of an innocent is worth countless thousands fold the ship and life of a pirate.

What is so terrible about a pirate losing sec status, that just means you're doing a good job. What amazing use does a pirate have for security status if he's going to be pirating anyway? Smile Raise sec, kill.. raise sec, kill.. seems so very tedious and pointless to me. Enlighten me :D

Posted - 2004.05.11 02:16:00 - [169]

Originally by: lordmix

Same thing...happen to me I got like 2.5% point taken off my sec rating because of this..kepts on giving me aggression hits..on the same person...its crap I tell you...better watch out..blood presure is up now..:p

-swish
    swisher
    swisher
    The Lost Souls

Posted - 2004.05.11 02:16:00 - [170]

Originally by: lordmix

Same thing...happen to me I got like 2.5% point taken off my sec rating because of this..kepts on giving me aggression hits..on the same person...its crap I tell you...better watch out..blood presure is up now..:p

-swish
    zeroh
    zeroh

Posted - 2004.05.11 07:59:00 - [171]

i can never get my sec back to go .5 in the current system
    so im trying to join the -10 club

having a great time doing it Cool

http://www.botoxbandits.net/evekill/index.php
    zeroh
    zeroh
    Caldari
    0utbreak

Posted - 2004.05.11 07:59:00 - [172]

i can never get my sec back to go .5 in the current system
    so im trying to join the -10 club

having a great time doing it Cool

*snip*, your sig exceeds 24000 bytes and lacks sufficient EVE content. -HornFrog
    Lorach
    Lorach

Posted - 2004.05.11 18:05:00 - [173]

After a few fun poddings i realised my sec had jumped miles to the negative side. To put it nicely i wasnt best pleased.Evil or Very Mad

So what now? Endless npc killin to try to get it bak up a little bit? Surely this aint right...Sad

Lorach
    Lorach
    Lorach

Posted - 2004.05.11 18:05:00 - [174]

After a few fun poddings i realised my sec had jumped miles to the negative side. To put it nicely i wasnt best pleased.Evil or Very Mad

So what now? Endless npc killin to try to get it bak up a little bit? Surely this aint right...Sad

Lorach
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.11 19:45:00 - [175]

...Is anyone even listening to me or are the points I am making too potent to be adequately responded too? Neutral

Or are people posting here without reading any of the previous posts..
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.11 19:45:00 - [176]

...Is anyone even listening to me or are the points I am making too potent to be adequately responded too? Neutral

Posted - 2004.05.11 20:36:00 - [177]

Sori my last post was more of an angry sorta post not a reasoning/talking post.

So lets look at the current system and its objectives.
    At the moment you kill, murder, etc. and you get nice negative security hits. Thats all good and well. However when you get really bad security hits for e.g. podding, then things dont start to look all that good. You are not allowed in 0.5-1.0 space, which is very annoying.

This is a good punishment and serves its purpose. However looking at the larger picture this is a game and is about people having fun playing. When you cant enter 0.5-1.0 a whole part of the game is taken away from you. You should at least be able to "do your time" in effect and get rid of your negative status and be allowed bak in 0.5-1.0 in a "reasonable" time so to allow for fun gameplay.

Heres the problem. Once you have your negative status you cant get rid of it. So the whole point of punishing a player and over time letting them off (which isnt strictly morally correct, but perfectly ok as this is meant to be a fun game for everyone) just doesnt currently work. Hence the complaints in this thread Wink

Im really crap at english but hope i got my point across.

Lorach
    Lorach
    Lorach

Posted - 2004.05.11 20:36:00 - [178]

Sori my last post was more of an angry sorta post not a reasoning/talking post.

So lets look at the current system and its objectives.
    At the moment you kill, murder, etc. and you get nice negative security hits. Thats all good and well. However when you get really bad security hits for e.g. podding, then things dont start to look all that good. You are not allowed in 0.5-1.0 space, which is very annoying.

This is a good punishment and serves its purpose. However looking at the larger picture this is a game and is about people having fun playing. When you cant enter 0.5-1.0 a whole part of the game is taken away from you. You should at least be able to "do your time" in effect and get rid of your negative status and be allowed bak in 0.5-1.0 in a "reasonable" time so to allow for fun gameplay.

Heres the problem. Once you have your negative status you cant get rid of it. So the whole point of punishing a player and over time letting them off (which isnt strictly morally correct, but perfectly ok as this is meant to be a fun game for everyone) just doesnt currently work. Hence the complaints in this thread Wink

Im really crap at english but hope i got my point across.

Lorach
    swisher
    swisher

Posted - 2004.05.12 12:21:00 - [179]

Iynara...I am listening to your comments...but only thing that is sad about these posts and threads is I personally do not think we will see any changes anytime soon..

-swish
    swisher
    swisher
    The Lost Souls

Posted - 2004.05.12 12:21:00 - [180]

Iynara...I am listening to your comments...but only thing that is sad about these posts and threads is I personally do not think we will see any changes anytime soon..

-swish
    Ghost Spirit
    Ghost Spirit

Posted - 2004.05.12 17:25:00 - [181]

THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED.

I have played for almost a year now. I love to trade, and produce but principally I love to run missions. I have spent 6 months running them constantly and have good standings with a number of corps.

Last night I spent 40 mins helping some corp mates webb and scramble in low sec space and my sec status fell from a little under 1.0 to -3.6. Fair enough I should be punished and possibly banned from bits of empire space.

But I am now being told that it is almost impossible for me to return to a positive rating Confused and that -3.6 is beyond the point of no return. So do I lose 8 months worth of gaming and have to stop playing the game the way I like to because of 40 mins play and webbing 3 ships/pods.

This seems quite quite wrong, 8 months worth of agents now inaccessible for a 40 min rush of blood.

Please CCP fix this issue and make punishment proportionate to the crime. And if anyone can advise a carebare turned accidental pirate how to get out of this situation without 4 months of chaining pirates in an interceptor I'd be greatful!!!Rolling Eyes
    Ghost Spirit
    Ghost Spirit

Posted - 2004.05.12 17:25:00 - [182]

THIS HAS TO BE CORRECTED.

I have played for almost a year now. I love to trade, and produce but principally I love to run missions. I have spent 6 months running them constantly and have good standings with a number of corps.

Last night I spent 40 mins helping some corp mates webb and scramble in low sec space and my sec status fell from a little under 1.0 to -3.6. Fair enough I should be punished and possibly banned from bits of empire space.

But I am now being told that it is almost impossible for me to return to a positive rating Confused and that -3.6 is beyond the point of no return. So do I lose 8 months worth of gaming and have to stop playing the game the way I like to because of 40 mins play and webbing 3 ships/pods.

This seems quite quite wrong, 8 months worth of agents now inaccessible for a 40 min rush of blood.

Please CCP fix this issue and make punishment proportionate to the crime. And if anyone can advise a carebare turned accidental pirate how to get out of this situation without 4 months of chaining pirates in an interceptor I'd be greatful!!!Rolling Eyes
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral

Posted - 2004.05.13 10:58:00 - [183]

You do lose a part of the game, but that's part of the choice that you made.. And as I said low sec space is far more profitable and free than empire. But you are right, you should serve your sentance and be done with it. If it truly is this hard to raise your security status, it needs fixing. Here's hoping for you folks that they reinstitute the negative status decay (possibly with something similar to the ideas I presented). Maybe I will try and make an alt and see if I can't test out the efficiency of regaining sec status for my own viewing.
    Iynara Maeral
    Iynara Maeral
    Caldari
    JUDGE DREAD Inc.
    Forces of Freedom

Posted - 2004.05.13 10:58:00 - [184]

You do lose a part of the game, but that's part of the choice that you made.. And as I said low sec space is far more profitable and free than empire. But you are right, you should serve your sentance and be done with it. If it truly is this hard to raise your security status, it needs fixing. Here's hoping for you folks that they reinstitute the negative status decay (possibly with something similar to the ideas I presented). Maybe I will try and make an alt and see if I can't test out the efficiency of regaining sec status for my own viewing.

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:19:00 - [185]

Can i ask why bother making this a sticky TomB? You clearly aren't bothering to read it or if you are there is no indication that CCP have any intention of changing things. AFAIK it was mentioned in a recent CSM that it was indeed not going to be looked at but my memory may be wrong here.

I got to -6.3 role playing a hardline minmatar freedom fighter. i feel that the work I did helped build up the game for many to more than just a mmog to the mmorpg it was meant to be. I usually got mail off people that had been attacked to say how they enjoyed the role play even though they'd usually died.

I acknowledge that it is fair to punish me for attacking ppl in empire. But by my calculations I will have to kill 85k rats for over 1000 hours to get back to 1.0 space.

I am at the point now of giving up entirely and just becoming a pirate. I have almost 8.6m skill points, have no desire to pirate, i want to re-enter empire and actually play in events. I don't want to cheat by setting up alts to do stuff in empire with few skill points.

But as things stand there is no prospect of me re-entering empire ever as I refuse to waste 6 months game time doing nothing but constantly rat kill every minute im online. I must admit to feeling somewhat let down by ccp in this regard. Crime yes, punishment yes but surely there should be forgiveness, yes?

Ok, so what the hell is this Golden Ratio?
    Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:19:00 - [186]

Can i ask why bother making this a sticky TomB? You clearly aren't bothering to read it or if you are there is no indication that CCP have any intention of changing things. AFAIK it was mentioned in a recent CSM that it was indeed not going to be looked at but my memory may be wrong here.

I got to -6.3 role playing a hardline minmatar freedom fighter. i feel that the work I did helped build up the game for many to more than just a mmog to the mmorpg it was meant to be. I usually got mail off people that had been attacked to say how they enjoyed the role play even though they'd usually died.

I acknowledge that it is fair to punish me for attacking ppl in empire. But by my calculations I will have to kill 85k rats for over 1000 hours to get back to 1.0 space.

I am at the point now of giving up entirely and just becoming a pirate. I have almost 8.6m skill points, have no desire to pirate, i want to re-enter empire and actually play in events. I don't want to cheat by setting up alts to do stuff in empire with few skill points.

But as things stand there is no prospect of me re-entering empire ever as I refuse to waste 6 months game time doing nothing but constantly rat kill every minute im online. I must admit to feeling somewhat let down by ccp in this regard. Crime yes, punishment yes but surely there should be forgiveness, yes?

Click here to visit our site
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:48:00 - [187]

It stinks, its unfair and it's downright annoying to say the least.
    I was part of a gang which was in a corp war, i locked and destroyed a pod and was administered a -12.5% sec hit AND THIS WAS IN A 0.0 SYSTEM!!!!
    I went from a +8 to -0.6 for my 'criminal act' now i feel like turning my back on eve after over 12 months of playing.

SORT IT!!!!!

Remember, only dead fish and broken sticks go with the flow.
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Minmatar
    Masuat'aa Matari
    Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2004.05.17 03:48:00 - [188]

It stinks, its unfair and it's downright annoying to say the least.
    I was part of a gang which was in a corp war, i locked and destroyed a pod and was administered a -12.5% sec hit AND THIS WAS IN A 0.0 SYSTEM!!!!
    I went from a +8 to -0.6 for my 'criminal act' now i feel like turning my back on eve after over 12 months of playing.

SORT IT!!!!!

Remember, only dead fish and broken sticks go with the flow.
    Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.17 17:28:00 - [189]

So come on TomB, please prove me wrong. At least acknowledge that you read this post and just pur us out of our misery. Is this an issue that will receive any attention whatsoever or should we just give up and realise that CCP has no desire to change the current system within say the next 1 month, 3 months or 6 months?

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.17 17:28:00 - [190]

So come on TomB, please prove me wrong. At least acknowledge that you read this post and just pur us out of our misery. Is this an issue that will receive any attention whatsoever or should we just give up and realise that CCP has no desire to change the current system within say the next 1 month, 3 months or 6 months?

Lisanatos
    Lisanatos

Posted - 2004.05.18 09:49:00 - [191]

Okay, scrolling through this thread, I've figured I'm about to get myself in a lot of trouble :)
    lately in SATI (yes, the start corp) we've been encountering an increasing number of ore thieves, or people have been more vocal about it. So, as I've gotten a taste for PVP, I figured what the hell, I'll administer some Torpedo surgery to the problem, sure I'll lose a little sec status, but meh, not the first time. (the first time being a group mine + smart bomb...but thats a subject for next paragraph). Now, I haven't really gone into NPC hunting much, but I did know the gains were low...but that low?! Up until today I had no plans to even GET a battleship, let alone kill them!
    now for my magnificent expedition into losing sec status...which I have another experiment to run in a few minutes Twisted Evil. here we all were, happily mining, my poor old system running a little chunky with the number of ships on the screen. I change to the next roid and start running my miners using mouse clicks...OOps, there goes the smart bomb for 25 damage to all 10 nearby ships (I use it for extra missile shielding when ninja mining) and concord logs all 10 transgressions. I lose my cruiser, fair enough.
    But I went from having a nice shiny clean record at 0.05ish to being at -.5 (despite it saying -.4 on my character sheet)
    I lost all that, for one SHOT...but if I'd killed even 10 of the biggest rats in the universe I woulda been lucky to get 0.001
    What...the...hell?!

but to finish off the madness, rats are generally in packs of 3 or more right? but if you're mining them for pure sec status, then you may as well kill one then go do something else for the next 9 minutes....like say mine? Surely if I'm out actively hunting NPCs I should be able to earn sec status faster than a bloody miner! cause you won't generally be attacked more than once every 10 minutes I found whenever I've mined...so can someone please explain the point to actually hunting pirates...rather than running a mining ship that can kill them? From a security point of view.
    and finally, for the super bonus OMGWTF point...
    my standing with the Guristas is -0.2 or so...my standing with concord is -0.47...yet I've done a hell of a lot more damage to the Guristas than concord...

yes, I know this post doesn't make much sense, but neither does the security ratings system :)
    Lisanatos
    Lisanatos

Posted - 2004.05.18 09:49:00 - [192]

Okay, scrolling through this thread, I've figured I'm about to get myself in a lot of trouble :)
    lately in SATI (yes, the start corp) we've been encountering an increasing number of ore thieves, or people have been more vocal about it. So, as I've gotten a taste for PVP, I figured what the hell, I'll administer some Torpedo surgery to the problem, sure I'll lose a little sec status, but meh, not the first time. (the first time being a group mine + smart bomb...but thats a subject for next paragraph). Now, I haven't really gone into NPC hunting much, but I did know the gains were low...but that low?! Up until today I had no plans to even GET a battleship, let alone kill them!
    now for my magnificent expedition into losing sec status...which I have another experiment to run in a few minutes Twisted Evil. here we all were, happily mining, my poor old system running a little chunky with the number of ships on the screen. I change to the next roid and start running my miners using mouse clicks...OOps, there goes the smart bomb for 25 damage to all 10 nearby ships (I use it for extra missile shielding when ninja mining) and concord logs all 10 transgressions. I lose my cruiser, fair enough.
    But I went from having a nice shiny clean record at 0.05ish to being at -.5 (despite it saying -.4 on my character sheet)
    I lost all that, for one SHOT...but if I'd killed even 10 of the biggest rats in the universe I woulda been lucky to get 0.001
    What...the...hell?!

but to finish off the madness, rats are generally in packs of 3 or more right? but if you're mining them for pure sec status, then you may as well kill one then go do something else for the next 9 minutes....like say mine? Surely if I'm out actively hunting NPCs I should be able to earn sec status faster than a bloody miner! cause you won't generally be attacked more than once every 10 minutes I found whenever I've mined...so can someone please explain the point to actually hunting pirates...rather than running a mining ship that can kill them? From a security point of view.
    and finally, for the super bonus OMGWTF point...
    my standing with the Guristas is -0.2 or so...my standing with concord is -0.47...yet I've done a hell of a lot more damage to the Guristas than concord...

yes, I know this post doesn't make much sense, but neither does the security ratings system :)
    Dragonday
    Dragonday

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:26:00 - [193]

Well, I'm in the -10 club, I did in less than 3 days. Now I'll never see the inside of empire again... I miss the early days of castor patch where you can dock for a few weeks ( YES WEEKS OF NOT PLAYING ) not killing etc etc just to gain back sec rateing... Why was this taken away.. if somone is willing to sit in a station for a week or 2 and not play they should get a better sec rateing... ShockedRolling Eyes

------------------------------------------
    Hurm (?) (!)
    Dragonday
    Dragonday
    Minmatar
    The Fenix Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:26:00 - [194]

Well, I'm in the -10 club, I did in less than 3 days. Now I'll never see the inside of empire again... I miss the early days of castor patch where you can dock for a few weeks ( YES WEEKS OF NOT PLAYING ) not killing etc etc just to gain back sec rateing... Why was this taken away.. if somone is willing to sit in a station for a week or 2 and not play they should get a better sec rateing... ShockedRolling Eyes

------------------------------------------
    Hurm (?) (!)
    Joe Blob
    Joe Blob

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:36:00 - [195]

I understand what you are saying Lisanatos.

The security gain from rat killing is totally and utterly rediculous.
    I dont mind taking a security hit for attacking (0.5%), destroying (2%) and podding (12.5%), but a gain, when I kill a Blood Raider Cruiser, of 0.0063 is a joke.
    The punishment for killing far outweighs the Reward for law enforcement.
    I doubt we get a response from TomB, as looking at other threads, the devs only post when they agree with something, and thats if they dont delete it.
    Joe Blob
    Joe Blob
    Caldari
    Total Warehouse Logistics

Posted - 2004.05.18 18:36:00 - [196]

I understand what you are saying Lisanatos.

The security gain from rat killing is totally and utterly rediculous.
    I dont mind taking a security hit for attacking (0.5%), destroying (2%) and podding (12.5%), but a gain, when I kill a Blood Raider Cruiser, of 0.0063 is a joke.
    The punishment for killing far outweighs the Reward for law enforcement.
    I doubt we get a response from TomB, as looking at other threads, the devs only post when they agree with something, and thats if they dont delete it.
    Ringlord
    Ringlord

Posted - 2004.05.19 06:06:00 - [197]

lets just start the sec status all over again start everyone at 0.0
    Proud member of c0w
    Ringlord
    Ringlord
    Caldari
    Reikoku
    Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.05.19 06:06:00 - [198]

lets just start the sec status all over again start everyone at 0.0

Toastmaster
    Toastmaster

Posted - 2004.05.20 11:50:00 - [199]

I see here we will gain sec status every 10 min but i guess we still can loose sec status several times killing one object still and that wont be that we loose the greatest sec hit over 10 min....

So we gain sec status every 10 min and loose it 10 times during 10 min..

That is wrong....
    Now it takes 2 hours to get from 0 > -9.x which is to fast

"viper zulu > toast has killed our whole corporation ships at least once"

Toastmaster
    Toastmaster
    Amarr
    Viziam

Posted - 2004.05.20 11:50:00 - [200]

I see here we will gain sec status every 10 min but i guess we still can loose sec status several times killing one object still and that wont be that we loose the greatest sec hit over 10 min....

So we gain sec status every 10 min and loose it 10 times during 10 min..

That is wrong....
    Now it takes 2 hours to get from 0 > -9.x which is to fast

"viper zulu > toast has killed our whole corporation ships at least once"

Mang0o
    Mang0o

Posted - 2004.05.21 15:14:00 - [201]

Can you guys do anything good for the pirates nu?.. Evil or Very Mad
    No you just can¦t a-have-a the Mang0o
    Mang0o
    Mang0o
    Caldari
    horizons
    Free Trade Zone.

Posted - 2004.05.21 15:14:00 - [202]

Can you guys do anything good for the pirates nu?.. Evil or Very Mad

I love you Mang0o, take a guess why -Eris
    Bobby Wilson
    Bobby Wilson

Posted - 2004.05.21 17:02:00 - [203]

Does this only affect pirates? Some of the posts I've seen suggest that even legitimate PvP is in doubt. My sec status is only 1.3 right now after Castor and since I don't bother with chaining much, so I could quite easily end up in the negative as part of pirate-hunters in low sec empire?

Am I wrong about that?

BW
    Originally by: Selim

Cool, congrats.

Oh, stupid idea by the way.
    Bobby Wilson
    Bobby Wilson
    Gallente

Posted - 2004.05.21 17:02:00 - [204]

Does this only affect pirates? Some of the posts I've seen suggest that even legitimate PvP is in doubt. My sec status is only 1.3 right now after Castor and since I don't bother with chaining much, so I could quite easily end up in the negative as part of pirate-hunters in low sec empire?

Am I wrong about that?

BW
    FoRGyL
    FoRGyL

Posted - 2004.05.21 18:15:00 - [205]

Ok the secsys works as it does but the totally bad part is the sevral loss in one fight.

The fight start's ohh there he goes..fast as hell I'am trying to get in close again..and boom down we go again sec stat.

CCP...what shall other player's be able to figure out of u when reading your secstat?
    Ok he shoot 3 people or there goes a guy devoted to pirating or piratehunt?

Witch way are we hedding? (Besides restricted from empire)

*querios

Rolling Eyes
    Ohhhh iyayaayaya puff ohh iyaayaya puff puff
    PVR =Player vs Roid! Burr, scary peps!!!
    FoRGyL
    FoRGyL
    Beer and Kebabs
    Pirate Coalition

Posted - 2004.05.21 18:15:00 - [206]

Ok the secsys works as it does but the totally bad part is the sevral loss in one fight.

The fight start's ohh there he goes..fast as hell I'am trying to get in close again..and boom down we go again sec stat.

CCP...what shall other player's be able to figure out of u when reading your secstat?
    Ok he shoot 3 people or there goes a guy devoted to pirating or piratehunt?

Witch way are we hedding? (Besides restricted from empire)

*querios

Rolling Eyes
    Pay or don't!
    sableye
    sableye

Posted - 2004.05.22 19:36:00 - [207]

anypne know when these changes are coming in, the changes still suck but I'd still like double the amount I get now, please don't tell me they are already on tranquality because then thats just sucky.
    sableye
    sableye
    principle of motion

Posted - 2004.05.22 19:36:00 - [208]

anypne know when these changes are coming in, the changes still suck but I'd still like double the amount I get now, please don't tell me they are already on tranquality because then thats just sucky.

Luc Boye
    Luc Boye

Posted - 2004.05.25 13:00:00 - [209]

Aye, bring back 0.1 gain at least.
    --

2004.12.29 23:33:40combatMining Pollution Cloud hits you, doing 140.0 damage.
    Luc Boye
    Luc Boye
    Evolution
    Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.05.25 13:00:00 - [210]

Aye, bring back 0.1 gain at least.

---
    Nafri
    Nafri

Posted - 2004.05.25 18:52:00 - [211]

yeah wasted my sec status when i wanted to kill a smacktalker in local, but unfortunally he got help from his gang members, and i ended up with -3.1 Confused

no more empire for me it seems
    Wanna fly with me?

Nafri
    Nafri
    Caldari
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.05.25 18:52:00 - [212]

yeah wasted my sec status when i wanted to kill a smacktalker in local, but unfortunally he got help from his gang members, and i ended up with -3.1 Confused

no more empire for me it seems

From Dusk till Dawn

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.29 12:06:00 - [213]

C'mon TomB, I dare you to post, no ... I double dare you!

Wink

Seriously though TomB I think it can only be fair for us to expect an answer. It's the uncertainty that is causing the bad attitudes here. Either tell us once and for all whether you expect us to just be perma banned from 0.5 or whether there will be a "significant" revamp of the sec status increase.

Either that or explain how I can realistically, say within 2 months re-enter 1.0 systems, with my current social skills (all trained to high ish lvls with all but diplomacy) and my current rating (-6.3).

I know this may sound poor but I suspect that the reason you are not responding is not that you haven't read this post but that you really don't want to be honest and tell us all that the dev team have no intention of helping us reform whatsoever and that you simply don't want us all to suddenly go for the -10 club by podding every little ship we see.

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.29 12:06:00 - [214]

Wink

Seriously though TomB I think it can only be fair for us to expect an answer. It's the uncertainty that is causing the bad attitudes here. Either tell us once and for all whether you expect us to just be perma banned from 0.5 or whether there will be a "significant" revamp of the sec status increase.

Either that or explain how I can realistically, say within 2 months re-enter 1.0 systems, with my current social skills (all trained to high ish lvls with all but diplomacy) and my current rating (-6.3).

I know this may sound poor but I suspect that the reason you are not responding is not that you haven't read this post but that you really don't want to be honest and tell us all that the dev team have no intention of helping us reform whatsoever and that you simply don't want us all to suddenly go for the -10 club by podding every little ship we see.

Lord Zap
    Lord Zap

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:03:00 - [215]

Bring back daily sec increases so that after 3 months or so a person who was -10 would be back to 0. Its the only sensible thing to do, and an official response on whether persons with negative sec are going to be perma banned from empire would be nice. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH YOUR POOR CUSTOMERS.
    Lord Zap
    Lord Zap
    Caldari
    Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:03:00 - [216]

Bring back daily sec increases so that after 3 months or so a person who was -10 would be back to 0. Its the only sensible thing to do, and an official response on whether persons with negative sec are going to be perma banned from empire would be nice. PLEASE BE HONEST WITH YOUR POOR CUSTOMERS.
    Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:15:00 - [217]

Ah sweet irony, the guy that first podded me 11 months ago is the person I am now arguing with to get CCP to do something. LOL mind you I don't suppose it's the same account holder given the rumours.

Still waiting for an answer TomB!

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.30 00:15:00 - [218]

Ah sweet irony, the guy that first podded me 11 months ago is the person I am now arguing with to get CCP to do something. LOL mind you I don't suppose it's the same account holder given the rumours.

Still waiting for an answer TomB!

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:12:00 - [219]

TomB... we're still awaiting your answer.

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:12:00 - [220]

TomB... we're still awaiting your answer.

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:29:00 - [221]

Originally by: Lord Zap

being perma banned from empire would not bother me so much if we got something in return

we kill players, so then any player can kill us in return...thats fair

But where is the balance in being banned from empire?

TBH i believe that pirates should be able to go into high sec, but if they stay in space in the same system for 10mins, the navy come and hunt them down...also id like the sentry guns not to auto fire on us.
    atm, if i enter high sec i get a message telling me "Tenacha Khan criminals will not be toillerated in Caldari space, leave now or your vessel will be destroyed"
    wtf..leave? hmm it should really say "Tenacha Khan, we finally have you and are gonna take delight in wtfpwning your ass"

Tenacha Khan
    Tenacha Khan
    TunDraGon

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:29:00 - [222]

being perma banned from empire would not bother me so much if we got something in return

we kill players, so then any player can kill us in return...thats fair

But where is the balance in being banned from empire?

TBH i believe that pirates should be able to go into high sec, but if they stay in space in the same system for 10mins, the navy come and hunt them down...also id like the sentry guns not to auto fire on us.
    atm, if i enter high sec i get a message telling me "Tenacha Khan criminals will not be toillerated in Caldari space, leave now or your vessel will be destroyed"
    wtf..leave? hmm it should really say "Tenacha Khan, we finally have you and are gonna take delight in wtfpwning your ass"
    Kildarin Farushna
    Kildarin Farushna

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:50:00 - [223]

Originally by: Tenacha Khan

Agreed
    ____

->Lawless<-
    >>>New Formula<<<
    >>In your local 0.4 system soon<<

Kildarin Farushna
    Kildarin Farushna
    Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.05.31 01:50:00 - [224]

Originally by: Tenacha Khan

Agreed
    ____

->Lawless<-
    >>>New Formula<<<
    >>In your local 0.4 system soon<<

vanBuskirk
    vanBuskirk

Posted - 2004.05.31 07:45:00 - [225]

Originally by: Viqer Fell

Wink

Ah diddums, you kill people for a living and you don't want the cops to shoot you?

You're a pirate. Pirates aren't welcome in civilised society. You made the choice - deal with the consequences or end yourself. Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
    "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent".
    vanBuskirk
    vanBuskirk
    Caldari

Posted - 2004.05.31 07:45:00 - [226]

Originally by: Viqer Fell

Wink

Ah diddums, you kill people for a living and you don't want the cops to shoot you?

You're a pirate. Pirates aren't welcome in civilised society. You made the choice - deal with the consequences or end yourself. Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell

Posted - 2004.05.31 18:38:00 - [227]

One thing that really gets on my nerves is uneducated overly-judgemental pilots who rather than research their facts just go out of their way to prove they have the intellectual capacity of a small cabbage.

Thanks for the "Ha ha you're a pirate, I'm a bitter twit" post.

Had you bothered to do any research you would have discovered that I haven't once pirated in my entire 12 month career. I spent the last 11 months role playing a minmatar freedom fighter. I spent that time building up one of the most well known freedom fighting / terrorist corporations excepting say Oracle.

So please before you run your mouth off again with your ill-informed and misguided opinions try researching your facts.

Unless that is of course your definition of Pirate is "anybody that engages in PvP at all, ever!"

All I want to know is that I will at some point in the near future (within 3 months) i can become rehabilitated into society not be permanently banned by CCP for playing a role which enhanced many pilots game experience and indeed generated several front page news stories. I feel like I am being punished for making the game better for people.

Viqer Fell
    Viqer Fell
    Minmatar
    Trinity Nova
    KIA Alliance

Posted - 2004.05.31 18:38:00 - [228]

One thing that really gets on my nerves is uneducated overly-judgemental pilots who rather than research their facts just go out of their way to prove they have the intellectual capacity of a small cabbage.

Thanks for the "Ha ha you're a pirate, I'm a bitter twit" post.

Had you bothered to do any research you would have discovered that I haven't once pirated in my entire 12 month career. I spent the last 11 months role playing a minmatar freedom fighter. I spent that time building up one of the most well known freedom fighting / terrorist corporations excepting say Oracle.

So please before you run your mouth off again with your ill-informed and misguided opinions try researching your facts.

Unless that is of course your definition of Pirate is "anybody that engages in PvP at all, ever!"

All I want to know is that I will at some point in the near future (within 3 months) i can become rehabilitated into society not be permanently banned by CCP for playing a role which enhanced many pilots game experience and indeed generated several front page news stories. I feel like I am being punished for making the game better for people.

Tobruk
    Tobruk

Posted - 2004.06.01 04:27:00 - [229]

i actually agree with zap. ive had my -9.7 for nearly 5 months and that is bull.
    Tobruk
    Tobruk
    Black Omega Security
    GoonSwarm

Posted - 2004.06.01 04:27:00 - [230]

i actually agree with zap. ive had my -9.7 for nearly 5 months and that is bull.
    Your signature exceeds the maximum allowed filesize of 24000 bytes -HornFrog ([email protected])
    Lenus Daragio
    Lenus Daragio

Posted - 2007.05.02 02:38:00 - [231]

I'd say the daily sec status increase is a great idea to bring back. It was probably taken out because it was broken, but it shouldn't be a fixed increase, should work more or less on a curve.
    E.G.
    -0.1 to -1.9 : .1 Increase per day
    -2.0 to -3.9 : .06 Increase per day
    -3.9 to -5.0 : .03 Increase per day
    -5.1 or lower: No daily increase.

I used to chain belts to get my sec status back, (the 10 minute timer worked on a system by system basis. I'm not sure if they took that out, but if you moved from one system to another, and killed just one BShip, you could increase your sec status really fast. Just find a quiet area of 0.0)

Now the sec status increase doesn't seem to work at ALL, i can rat for hours, and kill 1.8 mil Bships, in three seperate systems, and only get a .25 increase after 30 minutes. That's BS if you ask me.

SFShootme
    SFShootme
    The Carebear Stare

Posted - 2007.05.02 11:12:00 - [232]

it took me 5 days to bring my sec status from -10.0 to -1.9 ..... 0.0 ratting 4tw

Tho shall give Life, for Life.
    Akane Miyamoto
    Akane Miyamoto
    Coreli Corporation
    Corelum Syndicate

Posted - 2007.05.02 11:15:00 - [233]

IBTL for necro Confused

---------------

Kim kitori
    Kim kitori
    Caldari
    State War Academy

Posted - 2007.05.02 17:58:00 - [234]

I cant believe you made me read all these old stuffs. Mad
    Namingway
    Namingway
    Important Yet Underrated Video Game Characters

Posted - 2007.05.02 22:33:00 - [235]

Damn necro.Rolling Eyes

Kelly O'Connor
    Kelly O'Connor
    Minmatar
    ReallyPissedOff
    Guinea Pigs

Posted - 2007.05.02 23:48:00 - [236]

Necromancy indeed, but the point is that another detailed post by a dev explaining all the small things about security gains would be much appreciated by many players.
    Dread Operative
    Dread Operative
    Sniggerdly
    Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2007.05.02 23:48:00 - [237]

I'm posting in a thread that is super old.

RisingDragon
    RisingDragon

Posted - 2007.05.03 02:56:00 - [238]

What is really hacking me off is the unreliability of the sec status gain, I'd like to see a reliable system put in place, this current biggest rat in 10 minutes thing punishes people who are prepared to kill npc after npc for hours on end to get rid of a sec status achieved for killing pretty much nothing. I think the current punishment system is fair, but gaining it back is seriously under-balanced, especially for people who arent in an alliance with access to remote 0.0 systems and fly bs's.

The worst thing about the security status is that it penalises people like me who arent pirates and are fed up of fleet ganks in 0.0 but enjoy the solo pvp or small gang pvp that tends to occur in low sec
    Linium
    Linium
    Without Reason

Posted - 2007.05.03 12:17:00 - [239]

I dont have the time to read all the replys so far but my suggestion would be to let sec status increase at 0.1 per day up to a maximum of 0.0. If you want to go above this knock yourself out. A plus 5 sec status is of no use at all to carebears or anyone else. I am -2.1 and have been for years, chaining npc spawns is not something i really want to do at all and adds nothing to my or alot of other pvpers gameplay. Scrap it. It is far to difficult to raise sec status at present.YARRRR!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 :: [one page]

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,19s, ref 20240423/1052
    EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.