Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Rafferty
Rafferty

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.26 21:39:00 - [1]

I was told that lasers dont cut it in PvP.... I prefer to play the race I pick 100% loyal to their weapons and ships.

Was amarr a bad choice?
Rafferty
Rafferty

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.04.26 21:39:00 - [2]

I was told that lasers dont cut it in PvP.... I prefer to play the race I pick 100% loyal to their weapons and ships.

Was amarr a bad choice?
Mad Bomber
Mad Bomber

Posted - 2004.04.26 21:46:00 - [3]

I depends, Amarr arent great PvP, but good miners, and average for npc. So depends what u want to do. Go Caldari for PvP.

Mad Bomber
Mad Bomber
Amarr
Imperial Shipment

Posted - 2004.04.26 21:46:00 - [4]

I depends, Amarr arent great PvP, but good miners, and average for npc. So depends what u want to do. Go Caldari for PvP.
Jolly Death
Jolly Death

Posted - 2004.04.27 00:17:00 - [5]

Amarr ships can be just as deadly as other races ships.
It all depends on three things: skills, equipment and tactics.
If you like amarr stick with them.
Jolly Death
Jolly Death

Posted - 2004.04.27 00:17:00 - [6]

Amarr ships can be just as deadly as other races ships.
It all depends on three things: skills, equipment and tactics.
If you like amarr stick with them.
Admiral Seafort
Admiral Seafort

Posted - 2004.04.27 01:07:00 - [7]

I think it just has to do with the way the game is balanced...all races can be good at everything if you adapt your styles.
Admiral Seafort
Admiral Seafort
DarkStar 1

Posted - 2004.04.27 01:07:00 - [8]

I think it just has to do with the way the game is balanced...all races can be good at everything if you adapt your styles.

-----
It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it.
Rafferty
Rafferty

Posted - 2004.04.27 01:27:00 - [9]

Does an Amarr have to use other types of weapons to suceed? Its too bad lasers arent pvp-friendly
Rafferty
Rafferty

Posted - 2004.04.27 01:27:00 - [10]

Does an Amarr have to use other types of weapons to suceed? Its too bad lasers arent pvp-friendly
Libby Jackson
Libby Jackson

Posted - 2004.04.27 02:44:00 - [11]

The Tachyon isnt so bad... 750 damage or so

--------------------------------------------
'I am going to be the next Sansha, I'm going to kill all the Amarrians and one clown.'
'Why the clown?'
'See! No one cares about the Amarrians!'
Libby Jackson
Libby Jackson
Caldari
Vengeance of the Fallen
Curse Alliance

Posted - 2004.04.27 02:44:00 - [12]

The Tachyon isnt so bad... 750 damage or so

--------------------------------------------
Rollback ECM!
Zen Jakkaru
Zen Jakkaru

Posted - 2004.04.27 05:42:00 - [13]

Originally by: Mad Bomber

I'm getting a bit sick of the "amarr = miner" "caldari = pvp" stuff.Its complete flanneljuice.If i had 10 isk for everytime someone said that, i'd be a millionaire.My ex-CEO even demanded from his members that they fly Caldari, as it was obviously the fastly superior choice to any other race. Rolling Eyes

Armor Tanking > Shield Tanking.
This means that both the Arma and Apoc make great tanks.. Amarr ships have good armor, and plenty of lowslots.Lasers have decent range, decent RoF and good damage.They're especially good in deep space situations, since you never run out of ammo.If you really specialize in Amarr ships/gunnery and capacitor skills, you won't suck at all.Go for it! Make the emperor proud. Very Happy

Har-de-fraggin'-har-har!
Zen Jakkaru
Zen Jakkaru
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.04.27 05:42:00 - [14]

I'm getting a bit sick of the "amarr = miner" "caldari = pvp" stuff.Its complete flanneljuice.If i had 10 isk for everytime someone said that, i'd be a millionaire.My ex-CEO even demanded from his members that they fly Caldari, as it was obviously the fastly superior choice to any other race. Rolling Eyes

Armor Tanking > Shield Tanking.
This means that both the Arma and Apoc make great tanks.. Amarr ships have good armor, and plenty of lowslots.Lasers have decent range, decent RoF and good damage.They're especially good in deep space situations, since you never run out of ammo.If you really specialize in Amarr ships/gunnery and capacitor skills, you won't suck at all.Go for it! Make the emperor proud. Very Happy

http://charity.altgamer.com/signatures/Zen.jpg

Har-de-fraggin'-har-har!
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger

Posted - 2004.04.27 16:56:00 - [15]

Look up P.I.E. corp, they are an Amarr based corp that roleplays and sticks to the amarr stuff.

WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger

Posted - 2004.04.27 16:56:00 - [16]

Look up P.I.E. corp, they are an Amarr based corp that roleplays and sticks to the amarr stuff.

Hardin
Hardin

Posted - 2004.04.27 17:30:00 - [17]

Yes we PvP and yes we kill more than we lose - its probably because the Minmatars are useless though Wink

Seriously... lasers probably could do with an improvement - they ear way too much cap - but despite this you can still put together some extremely competitive setups.

The lack of mid-slots though mean Amarr ships are more effective in a group where others provide some EW support...

Read this

Hardin
Hardin
Amarr
Molotov Holdings Limited
Molotov Coalition

Posted - 2004.04.27 17:30:00 - [18]

Yes we PvP and yes we kill more than we lose - its probably because the Minmatars are useless though [ ] br br Seriously... lasers probably could do with an improvement - they ear way too much cap - but despite this you can still put together some extremely competitive setups. br br The lack of mid-slots though mean Amarr ships are more effective in a group where others provide some EW support... br br a href= http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=75956 target= _blank http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=75956 /a Read this
------------------------------
CVA - Kicking Arse For The Empire - http://eve-files.com/dl/83607

AMARR VICTOR
Leegion
Leegion

Posted - 2004.04.28 04:43:00 - [19]

There was no
Quote:
demand

Zen
Smile
Leegion
Leegion
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.04.28 04:43:00 - [20]

There was no
Quote:
demand

Zen
Smile
Jim Bond
Jim Bond

Posted - 2004.04.28 12:50:00 - [21]

Originally by: Zen Jakkaru

I would agree. A certain alliance who shall remain nameless, who Evolution have fought, has 95% caldari battleships. This makes it easy to predict and counteract. A mixture of races of battleships and other classes of ships, make it harder to prepare for.

To say armarr race ships are bad for pvp, isnt correct. In a fleet battle, certain ships have certain roles, such as warp jamming etc. Lasers are very good for taking shields down.

Jim Bond
Jim Bond
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2004.04.28 12:50:00 - [22]

Originally by: Zen Jakkaru

I would agree. A certain alliance who shall remain nameless, who Evolution have fought, has 95% caldari battleships. This makes it easy to predict and counteract. A mixture of races of battleships and other classes of ships, make it harder to prepare for.

To say armarr race ships are bad for pvp, isnt correct. In a fleet battle, certain ships have certain roles, such as warp jamming etc. Lasers are very good for taking shields down.
Hectick
Hectick

Posted - 2007.04.28 18:45:00 - [23]

Originally by: Rafferty

Was amarr a bad choice?

Now that's prolly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Caldari suck at pvp just becase their ships have too few mid slots, they cant tank and use EW mods at the same time, and if they do ... their tank is crap. Amarr has some of the best ships in game and lasers pack a NASTY punch. And they dont need so many mid slots, thats what EW drones are for. Gallente is the best pvp race as I've heard, but Amarr is closing up fast. I actually started a new Amarr char given the fact that Caldari suck at it. Caldari are only good for PVE and in gangs (fleets) other than that ... they suck.
Thaddeus Brutor
Thaddeus Brutor
Minmatar
The Sobani

Posted - 2007.04.28 18:54:00 - [24]

I won't wade too deep into this potential flame fest, but just would like to point out that if Caldari is the best PVP end all be all, then Lasers are going to Fing tear them up. :)

Making a statement like X race is only good for Y activity is the only stupid statement. Hell, look at the last PVP tournament. That was the best that these alliances could field, billions of ISK invested. There were as many Amarr ships as any other. Didn't the 2nd place team field an Abbaddon, Absolution, and Curse?
GC13
GC13
Caldari
Derelik Trading Company

Posted - 2007.04.28 18:57:00 - [25]

Both of you: Have a look at the date on the original post and all replies other than yours, and tell me if you feel silly.

--

Science and Industry guide plus A Newbie's Guide to Caldari Ships
Eve and RPG blog
Thaddeus Brutor
Thaddeus Brutor
Minmatar
The Sobani

Posted - 2007.04.28 23:28:00 - [26]

Wow. I am slain by a forum necromancer. *sigh*
Sakura Nihil
Sakura Nihil
Tabula Rasa Systems
The Star Fraction

Posted - 2007.04.29 03:03:00 - [27]

Heh, necro'd Very Happy.

Cipher7
Cipher7

Posted - 2007.04.29 04:28:00 - [28]

Pick a freakin race and stick with it.

Opinions on ships is like a WoW discussion. Mage sucks, no mage is overpowered, no warrior sucks, no warrior is overpowered.

Pick a name and a face that you enjoy, pick a backstory you like, if you like the way the Punisher looks and feels, then play Amarr.

The people on the ships forum may not agree, they are the ones who gonna be whining on the forums when their nosdomi gets nerfed like the nanophoon.

The nerfbat swings constantly.

So that's my advice to you.

Just pick a race you like and stick with it.
Cipher7
Cipher7

Posted - 2007.04.29 04:32:00 - [29]

Way to necro the thread buttmunch
Daeva Vios
Daeva Vios

Posted - 2007.04.29 11:19:00 - [30]

Impressive necromancy. Nearly three years dead and it has been brought back to burning life.

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240417/1804
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.