Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Juhlah Maidan
Juhlah Maidan

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.28 09:17:00 - [1]

Edited by: Juhlah Maidan on 28/05/2004 09:20:15
Edited by: Juhlah Maidan on 28/05/2004 09:18:52
Up until a few days ago I was either using my Rupture or my Hoarder (indy) to run courier missions. The problem with these ships is that when it comes to the rupture I have to do alot of refitting for larger cargos, plus that it's kind of slow, even with an MWD). The Hoarder is just plain slow. But as I was chatting with the other guys in the corp over ventrilo, somebody told me to check out the Probe.

Now first off - if You're into aesthetics, this ship is not for You. It's ugly. Oh man is it ever. It looks like a box that someone did a half assed engine fitting job on. It has a frickin mast sticking up, making it look like a crude sailing boat.

But it performs.
It delivers.

All those tedious, time consuming courier missions are but a memory now. I eaily make the double amount of missions per hour (at least it feels like it).

The probe has a number of properties that makes it something special and almost appear to be custom built for courier jobs:

5% bonus cargo capacity and max velocity per skill level.

I fit it out in the following manner:

High slots - Nuthin. Who needs weapons on a cargo ship anyway? Very Happy
Med slots - 1 MWD, the largest capacitor You can fit since it's starting capacitor is kind of small (I use a tech II one)
Low slots - 1 expanded cargo, 1 Power diag

With this setup I get a small fast ship (top speed +1700m/s) with a large cargo (currently 450m3). I can easily exchange the power diag for an extra expander to take even more cargo. My Probe handles all but the biggest hauling missions.

It's still a damn ugly ship... But I can attest to that it grows on Ya.

Try it out.
Juhlah Maidan
Juhlah Maidan
Minmatar
Bladerunners

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.05.28 09:17:00 - [2]

Edited by: Juhlah Maidan on 28/05/2004 09:20:15
Edited by: Juhlah Maidan on 28/05/2004 09:18:52
Up until a few days ago I was either using my Rupture or my Hoarder (indy) to run courier missions. The problem with these ships is that when it comes to the rupture I have to do alot of refitting for larger cargos, plus that it's kind of slow, even with an MWD). The Hoarder is just plain slow. But as I was chatting with the other guys in the corp over ventrilo, somebody told me to check out the Probe.

Now first off - if You're into aesthetics, this ship is not for You. It's ugly. Oh man is it ever. It looks like a box that someone did a half assed engine fitting job on. It has a frickin mast sticking up, making it look like a crude sailing boat.

But it performs.
It delivers.

All those tedious, time consuming courier missions are but a memory now. I eaily make the double amount of missions per hour (at least it feels like it).

The probe has a number of properties that makes it something special and almost appear to be custom built for courier jobs:

5% bonus cargo capacity and max velocity per skill level.

I fit it out in the following manner:

High slots - Nuthin. Who needs weapons on a cargo ship anyway? Very Happy
Med slots - 1 MWD, the largest capacitor You can fit since it's starting capacitor is kind of small (I use a tech II one)
Low slots - 1 expanded cargo, 1 Power diag

With this setup I get a small fast ship (top speed +1700m/s) with a large cargo (currently 450m3). I can easily exchange the power diag for an extra expander to take even more cargo. My Probe handles all but the biggest hauling missions.

It's still a damn ugly ship... But I can attest to that it grows on Ya.

Try it out.
Falbala
Falbala

Posted - 2004.05.28 09:28:00 - [3]

Thank you for the tip, I am going to check it out. Actually I use an Exqueror with 2AB+1MWD and 3 expanders for this kind of missions, and I am not too happy with it.
Falbala
Falbala
Gallente
Les Enfants de Gaia

Posted - 2004.05.28 09:28:00 - [4]

Thank you for the tip, I am going to check it out. Actually I use an Exqueror with 2AB+1MWD and 3 expanders for this kind of missions, and I am not too happy with it.
AbraKadaver
AbraKadaver

Posted - 2004.05.28 09:35:00 - [5]

I prefer to use a Maulus with a warp scrambler, mwd, two autocannons, and an od and capacitor power diagnostic thing in the low slots, looks cool and performs excellently for the <150m3 courier missions Cool
..:: Electro-shock therapy ::..

AbraKadaver
AbraKadaver
Minmatar
Tag 28

Posted - 2004.05.28 09:35:00 - [6]

I prefer to use a Maulus with a warp scrambler, mwd, two autocannons, and an od and capacitor power diagnostic thing in the low slots, looks cool and performs excellently for the <150m3 courier missions Cool

..:: Electro-shock therapy ::..

News
News

Posted - 2004.05.28 10:43:00 - [7]

I've been using my probe for courier missions since forever. 1 MWD and a cap battary in medslot, any combination of overdrives/nanofibers/expanders in the low slots for various cargo sizes (ranging from 277m3 to 550m3).

Now if only my agent would stop asking me to haul 1000m3 of garbage...

News
News
Minmatar
Slacker Industries
Exuro Mortis

Posted - 2004.05.28 10:43:00 - [8]

I've been using my probe for courier missions since forever. 1 MWD and a cap battary in medslot, any combination of overdrives/nanofibers/expanders in the low slots for various cargo sizes (ranging from 277m3 to 550m3).

Now if only my agent would stop asking me to haul 1000m3 of garbage...

Amaron Ghant
Amaron Ghant

Posted - 2004.05.28 11:11:00 - [9]

Probe? Ugly? Nah. I love my Probe

low slots 2 22.something cargo expanders
med slots mwd and cap recharger
high slots nothing

Cargo cap currently 550
Speed in excess of 1500m/s from warp drop to gate

99% of all my Science and Trade courier missions are easily done in it. The 1% as mentioned before is garbage....literally.

IMO best courier ship in game. Not much use in a fight...but it can certainly run away quickly enough :)

Roids are a Menece I tell you, hunt then down I say, hunt them down!!

Amaron Ghant the Mad Caldari Miner
Amaron Ghant
Amaron Ghant
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2004.05.28 11:11:00 - [10]

Probe? Ugly? Nah. I love my Probe

low slots 2 22.something cargo expanders
med slots mwd and cap recharger
high slots nothing

Cargo cap currently 550
Speed in excess of 1500m/s from warp drop to gate

99% of all my Science and Trade courier missions are easily done in it. The 1% as mentioned before is garbage....literally.

IMO best courier ship in game. Not much use in a fight...but it can certainly run away quickly enough :)

I would sup with the devil and forget to use a long spoon if it led to me spitting on the grave of nationalism.
Chepe Nolon
Chepe Nolon

Posted - 2004.05.28 13:48:00 - [11]

I can't say it too often. Probe is the #1 Non-combat Agent Runner Ship.

I've got 1 hour left until Minmatar frigate V, and then I should pass 600 cargohold with some medium good expanders.

The key is to have Eng V. Then you can fit a mwd and a (named) small cap battery without a power diag1/rcu1/aux powercore 1). Though the diags just makes the probe even greater. (if you don't need all the cargospace.)

Currently with minmatar frigate IV I've got about 590 cargohold with two partial hull convo expanded cargoholds. Frigate V should give me more than 610 cargohold with the same expanders.

The only ship that I feel is close to the probe in the "fast hauler" class is a nanoed Iteron V. With 5 named nanofibres (I use local hulls or whatever I can get my hands on), 2xY-s8 abs and 1x1mn mwd plus two cap rechargers (1 or named) the crate is close to 900m/s at peak speed. And the bigger cargohold (7500) and greater cap makes this a bit more comfortable crate to fly. The negative sides is the skill training time for mkV contra minmatar frigate IV (a level that gives pretty good speed/cargohold vs trainingtime), the top speed and of course the money spent on the mkV+modules vs a probe+modules.
Chepe Nolon
Chepe Nolon
Core Domination
Big Bang Quantum

Posted - 2004.05.28 13:48:00 - [12]

I can't say it too often. Probe is the #1 Non-combat Agent Runner Ship.

I've got 1 hour left until Minmatar frigate V, and then I should pass 600 cargohold with some medium good expanders.

The key is to have Eng V. Then you can fit a mwd and a (named) small cap battery without a power diag1/rcu1/aux powercore 1). Though the diags just makes the probe even greater. (if you don't need all the cargospace.)

Currently with minmatar frigate IV I've got about 590 cargohold with two partial hull convo expanded cargoholds. Frigate V should give me more than 610 cargohold with the same expanders.

The only ship that I feel is close to the probe in the "fast hauler" class is a nanoed Iteron V. With 5 named nanofibres (I use local hulls or whatever I can get my hands on), 2xY-s8 abs and 1x1mn mwd plus two cap rechargers (1 or named) the crate is close to 900m/s at peak speed. And the bigger cargohold (7500) and greater cap makes this a bit more comfortable crate to fly. The negative sides is the skill training time for mkV contra minmatar frigate IV (a level that gives pretty good speed/cargohold vs trainingtime), the top speed and of course the money spent on the mkV+modules vs a probe+modules.

Chepe Nolon
--
My notes about agent missions.
Dirk Austin
Dirk Austin

Posted - 2004.05.28 14:40:00 - [13]

If you should need a fast ship with even some more cargospace, i recommend the stabber with MWD currently using 2, normally only activating 1 to save the cap. Hitting the gate at 1500 m/s, using both the ship has to break hard when jumping otherwise the gate would be pushed away. Ask TANK CEO he didn't even get of one round before i jumped.
The agilty of the stabber is like a frigate.
And with 3 cargo expander I i get 690 kubic, use a can and the total is up to nearly 800 kubic.
Dirk Austin
Dirk Austin
Minmatar

Posted - 2004.05.28 14:40:00 - [14]

If you should need a fast ship with even some more cargospace, i recommend the stabber with MWD currently using 2, normally only activating 1 to save the cap. Hitting the gate at 1500 m/s, using both the ship has to break hard when jumping otherwise the gate would be pushed away. Ask TANK CEO he didn't even get of one round before i jumped.
The agilty of the stabber is like a frigate.
And with 3 cargo expander I i get 690 kubic, use a can and the total is up to nearly 800 kubic.
Toran Mehtar
Toran Mehtar

Posted - 2004.05.28 15:12:00 - [15]

I'd just like to point out that the inquisitor is a perfectly satisfactory alternative. The third low slot makes up for the probe's natural bonus.

Toran Mehtar
Toran Mehtar
Amarr
Imperial Shipment

Posted - 2004.05.28 15:12:00 - [16]

I'd just like to point out that the inquisitor is a perfectly satisfactory alternative. The third low slot makes up for the probe's natural bonus.

Karen Dari
Karen Dari

Posted - 2004.05.28 16:27:00 - [17]

Ya inquisitor works great aswell, larger cap, 3rd low slot. plus it's amarr and that alone makes it far superior to minmatar trash.
Karen Dari
Karen Dari

Posted - 2004.05.28 16:27:00 - [18]

Ya inquisitor works great aswell, larger cap, 3rd low slot. plus it's amarr and that alone makes it far superior to minmatar trash.
Cairhien
Cairhien

Posted - 2004.05.28 16:31:00 - [19]

Yep, been using my Probe since the beginning. Love it for the agent missions. Fast and cheap.
Cairhien
Cairhien
Minmatar
Acme Technologies Incorporated
Ushra'Khan

Posted - 2004.05.28 16:31:00 - [20]

Yep, been using my Probe since the beginning. Love it for the agent missions. Fast and cheap.
Asharee Intrefer
Asharee Intrefer

Posted - 2004.05.28 21:10:00 - [21]

I'm with Dirk. Been using a Stabber for all missions that are too large for my interceptors, and I really like it. It's also good enough for mostlevel 3 combat missions, so if I would use only one ship for missions it would be a Stabber.
Asharee Intrefer
Asharee Intrefer
Gallente
Aliastra

Posted - 2004.05.28 21:10:00 - [22]

I'm with Dirk. Been using a Stabber for all missions that are too large for my interceptors, and I really like it. It's also good enough for mostlevel 3 combat missions, so if I would use only one ship for missions it would be a Stabber.
Nestor Ne'Arthe
Nestor Ne'Arthe

Posted - 2004.05.28 21:57:00 - [23]

Originally by: Karen Dari

I second that.
--
Portfolio (currently .PL only) - nestor.art.pl
Nestor Ne'Arthe
Nestor Ne'Arthe
Amarr
Convergent
Firmus Ixion

Posted - 2004.05.28 21:57:00 - [24]

I second that.
--
Point Blank
Point Blank

Posted - 2004.05.28 23:04:00 - [25]

Edited by: Point Blank on 28/05/2004 23:07:17
Ya inquisitor works great aswell, larger cap, 3rd low slot. Plus it's amarr and that alone makes it far superior to minmatar trash.
I fly an omen for cargo intensive missions. Its amarr. Use whats works, I guess. That particular ship is better than the minmatar equivalent yes, but the only thing thats trash is the amarr and their attitudes.

Sit, and rotate.Very Happy

I used to use the probe, but I needed something bigger, faster, and of the cruiser class.
----------------------------------
Stop screwing up whats currently in the game and add the new content that was promised months ago. Thanks.
Point Blank
Point Blank
Minmatar

Posted - 2004.05.28 23:04:00 - [26]

Edited by: Point Blank on 28/05/2004 23:07:17
Ya inquisitor works great aswell, larger cap, 3rd low slot. Plus it's amarr and that alone makes it far superior to minmatar trash.
I fly an omen for cargo intensive missions. Its amarr. Use whats works, I guess. That particular ship is better than the minmatar equivalent yes, but the only thing thats trash is the amarr and their attitudes.

Sit, and rotate.Very Happy

I used to use the probe, but I needed something bigger, faster, and of the cruiser class.
----------------------------------
Stop screwing up whats currently in the game and add the new content that was promised months ago. Thanks.
Dust Puppy
Dust Puppy

Posted - 2004.05.29 09:38:00 - [27]

stick a medium cargo container and a small one (325+100 = 425) which gives you 390+120 = 510m3 cargo. Although that might not help since I sometime get missions requiring 520m3 cargo. I usually use 2xexpanders and I get well over 500m3 cargo and then I use cargo containers if need be. I've never had a mission where I couldn't fit all the items in my hold.

Posted - 2004.05.29 09:38:00 - [28]

stick a medium cargo container and a small one (325+100 = 425) which gives you 390+120 = 510m3 cargo. Although that might not help since I sometime get missions requiring 520m3 cargo. I usually use 2xexpanders and I get well over 500m3 cargo and then I use cargo containers if need be. I've never had a mission where I couldn't fit all the items in my hold.

Original Mr Floppyknickers sig
Falbala
Falbala

Posted - 2004.05.29 09:50:00 - [29]

Edited by: Falbala on 29/05/2004 09:54:24
If you look stats Exequror is a good cargo cruiser, I built one because agent gave me a BPC.

With 3 expanders I have 676 cargo, it has 2AB and 1MWD. But in fact it is slow, warps at 3Au/s when frigates warp at 6Au and if I am not using the Abs and the MWds it doesnt go very fast.

Also it has not a good cap so if you jump fast once with MWD it is drained next jump and need to warp 3 times to reach destination.

For fast missions I use Vigil with AB and MWD, very good ship.
Falbala
Falbala
Gallente
Les Enfants de Gaia

Posted - 2004.05.29 09:50:00 - [30]

Edited by: Falbala on 29/05/2004 09:54:24
If you look stats Exequror is a good cargo cruiser, I built one because agent gave me a BPC.

With 3 expanders I have 676 cargo, it has 2AB and 1MWD. But in fact it is slow, warps at 3Au/s when frigates warp at 6Au and if I am not using the Abs and the MWds it doesnt go very fast.

Also it has not a good cap so if you jump fast once with MWD it is drained next jump and need to warp 3 times to reach destination.

For fast missions I use Vigil with AB and MWD, very good ship.

Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240328/0411
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.